• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Persephone nodded and cupped his hand, “Yes. I’m going to grab the cat, then.” She pulled away from him, reluctant about the whole thing. When she was with him, she could be his sanity in this. Once he was alone with the man, however, she feared his anger would get the better of him. There was no avoiding it, however. Once she had let go of his hand and was given the helm, she headed off to scoop up the rather surprised cat, who was not very pleased to get picked up by an invisible person.

Hades carefully handed off his helm and took a deep breath. Do not lose control...handle it appropriately. Walking up the stairs slowly he looked around, before slowly approaching the drunkard from behind, shadows spreading out and coating the room in pitch black, light swallowed whole by the darkness. "I believe you and I need to have a long, thorough discussion."

The man screamed, stumbling over himself as he turned to try to face his assailant, knocking over many a bottle and dish on his way to the floor. He scrambled to a drawer in the darkness and pulled from it a gun, pointing it towards Hades with shaky hands, “WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING IN MY HOUSE? I’ll... I’ll shoot! Back off!” He couldn’t even see two feet in front of him in the darkness, not that his aim would be very good with his current state of inebriation anyway. “Wh-what do you want!? I don’t have any cash!”

A slow, dark chuckle escaped him at the comment of 'I'll shoot'. "Go ahead, I'll be impressed if you can even hit me in this dark. I don't want your money, and I don't want anything in your house...I want to ask a few questions for starters. You were with a woman a while ago...you abused her quite awfully...you even killed her. You made her life a waking nightmare, didn't you? Do you remember her face? Do you feel any pity or remorse for what you did? How many more suffered at your hand? Or was she just the unfortunate first?" His eyes bore into the man who could only squirm like a terrified worm in the dark. "It's much better if you answer me. I don't ask twice."

He panicked at the mention of the woman he killed and shot the gun in his general direction. One, two, three shots. Not that any of them could hit, and not that it’d matter anyway. “What the f-fuck are you talking about? Are you a cop? Y-you need a warrant,” he stuttered, knowing, at least partially, that this thing of darkness in front of him wasn’t a cop. His tune changed a little as he scrambled, leaning against the countertops as he tried to find a way out, “She deserved it, the bitch. Always in my business. Never wanting to repay me for working for the household. A man has needs, damn it.”

A low noise of anger crawled out of his throat at his last comment, calmly walking forward. "That was a very poor choice of words..." A hand lashed out, finding the mans neck and lifting him up into the air with little effort. "You enjoy your drink...so I think I have a fitting way to punish you for what you've done. That woman who suffered so unjustly at your hand was someone I care for quite dearly...and you made the foul mistake of harming her." Another hand lashed out, grabbing the hand that held his weapon and twisting it uncomfortably in an effort to force it to drop. Not for his own safety, but he'd prefer if the filth didn't get any wise ideas. "You drink and drink yourself into a drunken stupor. You enjoy to beat those who cannot defend themselves...so I think I shall toss you into Tartarus with your own personal punishment...you shall never again enjoy a refreshing cool drink, not without the feeling of a severe beating for every ounce you drink. You will find yourself alone on an island, surrounded by clear streams and fresh water, forever parched, forever craved for liquids. And you will have ample supply, if you are willing to pay the price..."

The shadows started to recede from the room, black hellfire sparking from his eyes like a sort of masque. "Look upon my face, and know who damns you. Know that you are the first mortal to ever be cast into the Pit at my hand and for my own personal punishment. Know you will always have a special place in my heart....a piece of hatred that will forever rest there...something that will bring me a smile when I consider what has befallen you."

He could do little but struggle fruitlessly against his hand, gasping for breath as he took him. He clawed at his arm to no effect, unable to help but look into Hades’s eyes with terror.

Persephone had left the house. Yes, she should have mentioned something, but she wanted fresh air and to escape the sounds of the man. She wanted to escape the whole thing. She was just outside the house, however, and had the little cat in her arms. It had calmed down and she had put a cute blue harness on the thing. “Maybe I’ll let Hades name you,” she whispered to it, “I don’t know what to call such a handsome little boy. I’m happy you’re out of that house... that we both are.”

The shots had gotten the curious attention of some neighbors. She watched them bring out their phones to call their authorities. At least the mess would be handled, though it wasn’t like their police could do anything else. Persephone glanced back at the house, then away again.

“Let’s take a little walk, shall we? We don’t have to be near all that stuff,” She said to the little black kitty, meandering down the residential street away from the house.

Hellfire consumed the mans mortal form, sending his soul on an express pass trip to the pit. With not even ash remained Hades dusted his hands off, looking around. Best to go back to Persephone then, tell her they could continue their search. Stepping downstairs he spoke up. "Persephone. Persephone I'm done...dear?" He stood in the room in silence...no response...fear clutched at his chest, had something happened to her while he was upstairs? His mind raced in silent concern and horror....no, no steady himself, she should still be nearby. But the gunshots would have alerted the mortals...what to do? He stood in silence for a moment before starting out of the house in an effort to find her...though given the fact she was wearing his helm, that was nigh impossible. On the upside...as long as she wore the helm, nothing could detect her. God nor Titan nor even Giant could see through the helms might...she was as safe as he could hope right now.

She wasn't far, and when he came out of the house, she saw him looking around. This whole situation wasn't pleasant, but she was pleased it was done quickly. Without thinking of the helm, partially because she was still so out of it, but mostly because she usually wasn't the one to wear it, she jogged up to him with the cat still in her arms. Persephone reached out and cupped his hand suddenly, then realized, "Oh! Sorry! I didn't think about the helm. I just wanted to take a bit of a walk. I felt like I had to get out of that oppressive house. If you ignore what's happened there, this is a pretty neighborhood." She pursed her lips, "So what do we plan to do about the building? Are you going to demolish it as you had said before?" She was still concerned about the other houses, though she was pleasantly surprised Hades restrained himself so well with the task. He needed an outlet... what could they go do...?

"Oh. Perhaps taking Poseidon up on the offer to hang out would do some good? Allow you to blow off some steam, as it were?"

Hades slowly looked around, curious as to where she could have gone off to. Before he could make any progress in his search, it seemed she would find him first. Eyes widening a bit in surprise as she touched him he relaxed as she became visible to him. "Please don't wander off on me...I told you I wouldn't take long though." He turned back towards the house, carefully taking the helm off her head and putting it on his own. "...Yes. I'm going to drop it into a sinkhole. It's not fit for anyone to live in it, too much darkness has been allowed to dwell inside it." He reached out silently, hand extended towards the building as the ground cracked and shook beneath it, the house shaking before completely collapsing into the ground, a massive sink hole having popped up beneath it, just barely avoiding enroaching on the neighboring homes. "There...Honestly, I'd rather not. I'd prefer to go home and spend time at your side, or continuing the investigation."

She just nodded, hugging him tightly around his waist. He was right... no one should have to live there surrounded by darkness that lingered. He always had a good touch, and this was no different. The neighboring homes saw no damage. Persephone took the initiative herself and teleported the three of them home. The wave of floral scent washed over them as they reappeared in the Underworld. She smiled brightly at the kitten and nuzzled its nose against hers, "What do you want to name it, my love? It matches Cerberus!"

With a whistle, she called the hound, which the little cat didn't much appreciate, but it clung to her like it already trusted her. She gently held the cat out to the massive dog, "Cerby what do you think?"

Cerberus looked... beyond confused that Persephone was standing in front of him, and only gave a cursory sniff to the cat. He looked with two out of three heads to Hades, giving him as questioning of a look as a dog could give. He rubbed up against her in concern and licked her as if he was trying to confirm she was real. He whined and wagged his tail slowly. Persephone set the cat down, who immediately hid under the couch, and kissed the top of one of Cerberus's heads, "Aww... Cerby, what's wrong? You look upset to see me." She pouted and looked at Hades, cupping a set of the dog's cheeks in her hands and turning his head toward Hades as well, "Look at his sad faces. He looks so worried!"

Hades attention turned to the small kitten, a hand slowly reaching out to pat it on its head as he took off the helm, letting it dissipate into wisps of shadow. "...Aegeus. If he matches Cerberus he should have a name to match..." His attention slowly shifted to the three-headed hounded, his loyal companion and guardian of the entrance, a hand reaching out to pat a massive head. "It's alright my friend...she's real." Glancing back to Persephone he gave a small sad frown. "As I explained...for all intents and purposes, you've been dead. Cerberus came to know that as truth, just like we all had." He gently scratched the bottom of the dog's chin, a gentle 'sh sh sh' escaping him. "It's fine...She's here, and she's real." But for how long that remains the truth, I cannot say...

He gave a small huff of air, rolling around thoughts in his head. "What would you like to do dear? I don't think it's safe for us to go out and about and showing you off, for now, it's best to stay in our domain...I know that's probably not the most exciting thing to say, but you told me to be more careful, so I am."

Cerberus was still uncertain, eyeing Persephone with disbelief and concern. She was here, but... it didn't make sense. He seemed to decide it was fine, but his ears suddenly perked up and he was gone. "Gotta protect that gate," she said with a chuckle, smiling a little at the spot where he just was. She sighed, "I don't know about me telling you to be more careful, but that sounds like me, so I guess I believe you." A teasing smile touched the corner of her lips as her attention fell back onto Hades. She draped her arms over his shoulders and leaned into him, looking up into his eyes, "I think I'd like to spend some time admiring you~" A soft mm left her lips as she leaned forward and gave him a kiss. She nibbled and tugged at his bottom lip as she pulled away and grinned up at him once again, "After all, you're quite something to look at."

A soft chuckle escaped him as he watched Cerberus go, looking to Persephone. Wrapping his arms around her he couldn't help but hold her close, black eyes regarding her kindly. "Admiring me? Surely there must be something more entertaining," he jested. Warmth blossomed in his chest as she kissed him, genuinely kissed him for the first time in years, a happy little smile crossing his face, the widest they got (which frankly still wasn't much). Giving her a soft kiss on her forehead he let her stand upright again, a hand going into his pocket as something she said clung to his brain. "...You don't know about you telling me that? Do you not remember any of the discussion we had, while I was within the dream with you?... If so, should I try to explain it all one more time?"

She shrugged and shook her head, "I'll figure it out as I go along. No need to keep having to repeat yourself. Honestly, if I've forgotten once, I'll probably forget again until this is all over. It'd drive you nuts having to explain over and over again." She sighed and leaned her head back, looking up at the ceiling, "I should probably apologize to Hecate for running out on her earlier. That was rude of me, confusion and pain or not. I also wonder if I have gotten any mail in my absence. If Hermes is unavailable, it'd be a little odd to ask Iris. She's fine and all, just... less aligned with down here. You know?" A soft hmm left her lips as she considered it.

"But for the moment, you'd probably like to just relax, I imagine... so let's do that. What would you like to do?"

Listening to her he slowly nodded his head. "Alright...well I'm sure Hecate understands, she is good at that after all. I'm not certain you'd have gotten any mail you have been regarded as dead as you know...and it's best if less know of your return, for now at least." He took a deep breath. Relax...that sounded good. "I'd just like to sit and relax...that's all I've desired. To sit and have you at my side again." He offered a small thin smile, eyes studying her face in silence. "...I've missed you so much."

"I can tell. You look as though you've had a mountain of stress without me here to shoulder it with you," she said and kissed him again, this time shorter before pulling away. She gripped his hand and pulled him to the living room, where she quickly flopped onto the couch with a huge exhalation. She felt exhausted. Did she always feel like this recently? It felt like it had been an eternity since she felt energetic, though she supposed she probably wouldn't know anyway. Persephone laid her head in Hades's lap once he sat down as well and closed her eyes. She didn't want to sleep. What if sleeping made her forget again? She gave Hades a tired look. She didn't want to do that to him. "So... regale me. How have your siblings been in my absence?"

A simple shrug followed her statement. "I have had mountains of stress before, I've grown accustomed to it." He returned her short kiss, following after her to the living room and dropped onto the couch. A hand went to her head, fingers gently brushing through her hair and toying with it. It felt so right to have her near again, be able to touch and hear her, the ability to look into her eyes and know that all was right...at least for now. At the mention of his siblings, he gave a small noise of complaint. "Zeus has been...Zeus. With you presumed dead, they were all convinced I was becoming a depressed hermit, so he sent suitors to my doorstep and I was forced to entertain them before I deemed them incompatible...and then he sent another, no matter my complaint." To be fair, he was becoming a depressed hermit, but he wouldn't admit that to himself. "Poseidon has been fine, he's just been how he always has been. A fine middle ground between Zeus and I's traits...though honestly, I think some days he's more like Zeus. Demeter still hates me and I suspect that will never change. Hera and I haven't been in touch often, I got a few words of sympathy upon your death and that was it....Hestia has been playing big sister, unsurprisingly. She would check in on me every so often one way or another...that's all there is to tell, really."

She smiled, listening along as he regaled her. They never seemed to change. Hestia was, of course, a sweetheart. Zeus was a dick, but a caring dick about his brothers. Poseidon was a mix, that was a good descriptor. Demeter was always angry about something... so protective. Hera was a good match for Zeus, even if it made them both a pain in the ass. Persephone leaned into his hand, a wave of dizziness washing over her. She closed her eyes, trying not to show nausea on her face, "Mm... What do you want to do once this is all over with? Maybe we can have a doggy playdate with Cerby and some of the Hellhounds... just unwind a bit in the fields."

He considered the offer for a moment before nodding. "We could...that sounds nice. Cerberus could enjoy some socializing...I'm not sure how long we could have that play date though, Cerberus duties are quite important...he does deserve some time to enjoy himself I suppose..Alright, I suppose it should be fine. Not much harm could come from him having some time to himself." Unless of course he was being too careless again, and Cerberus not being there to guard the entrance resulted in something going awry again. He paused his hand at her cheek, gently brushing it with his fingertips. "Are you sure you're alright? A good deal has happened to you..."

Last edited:
"I want to stay here with you," she said softly, "I guess I'm just scared... and a bit nauseous. I'm worried about you. I'm worried about how things will turn out." She sighed, giving him a kiss on the jaw before she laid down and rested her head in his lap. "What do we do now? Who do we tell?" she mused, closing her eyes, "Mm... Like I said before, not my Mother. Not yet... but... I think you should call Zeus and Poseidon here now. We can trust them, and... they're strong. They can help, especially since they'd take it seriously. You said Zeus already knows about the situation, but Poseidon doesn't yet. It'll be quite the shock, I imagine." She frowned, wondering idly how long she had been gone for... how long he had been alone for... how much his brothers and sisters had pestered him... how much her mother hated him even more now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back