Hades' Character Thread

marchen

Call me Hades
A large portion of my characters are also part of comic projects that I create [and hope to publish]. I purposely alter them for roleplay purposes and ask that my separation of story canon and rp canon be respected!

Makoto Imai

zEWnKd1.png
Basic Info

Alias: Owl
Sexuality: Bisexual
Height: 6'0
Ancestry: Yōkai-Human halfling.
Companion: Cat familiar named Fish.

I'll be bloody and bruised
I'll be breaking my bones

Appearance

Small Art gallery.
Blue-black hair that falls past his shoulders. He tends to get annoyed and pin it back in a bun or ponytail when he doesn't care about how his appearance comes across. [Which is often.] Glasses change often [or get the fix-up treatment] due to losing them or accidentally breaking them. However, they are always noticeably red-tinted.

He's a mess but he's a "fantastically confident mess".

Perhaps the most distinguishing features for Makoto are his red-pink eyes and various tattoos.

Skills/Abilities
  • Manipulation of fire and smoke.
  • Secondary non-human form.
  • Ability to seemingly trip out of the brink of death's grasp without falling on his face in the process.
Vices
  • Stubbornness.
  • Arrogant Attitude.
  • Stress smoking.

History

The true mystery of Makoto's past is where he finds his crop tops.

Raised in the foster system, he learned to fight young. Often showing up with scrapes and bruises, refusing to admit how they even came to be. As he got older he took up photography and, according to his few friends, even planned to attend community college. At least until he seemingly vanished off the face of the earth, only to turn up on the other side of the country a month later.

Makoto's retelling of events in his late 20s are simple. He came across a gang supernatural hunters that's main purpose is to pretend there is a balance between humans and others. That they are who keeps 'odd' sightings blurry and half-remembered. He agreed to join their ranks, only to burn bridges after a couple years.

Spotify Playlist.

Your description of his character could be less tell and more show. For instance, rather than telling me he's a messy arrogant guy, show that through description that conveys that. You got a good outline, but now it's time to get down and dirty to really convey his grungy larger than life style. I see you also included some personality of his in there. I think a better way of conveying that and showing his arrogance is by adding a bit of dialogue in there or simply have it written from the first person.

I like the art style. Really conveys that fruity tough guy look. Now you should go further imo.

Thank you for the feedback! I usually don't make character sheets so I tend to default to bare bones for them! I'll keep your critique in mind. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back