• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Arcadia: Heroes World Brave

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
"Ah, tis shame!" Cryojet shook his head as he diverted himself higher into the air. "All the same, I suppose the mission is to stop you, not to have glorious battle..." he sighed in a dull tone as if he were repeating words first spoken to him. His turbines activated again, sending massive gusts of wind in Albert's direction that were as cold as the Siberian tundra. "Even so!" he shouted, even the wind not enough to mask his bellowing voice. "Do not be discouraged, boy! Fight with all your might! Even in harshest of circumstances!" he shouted as the chilling cold dropped the temperature even further. "Such is the mark of true hero! To overcome tremendous odds! Like legends of old!"

Macroman landed on an asteroid.in alien cosmos and stared back at the strange golem. After what seemed like a minute or two of staring, Macroman reached his hand above himself and caught a smaller asteroid floating in the midst of space before lobbing it at the golem.

The drone, which was flying back and forth almost as if it was pacing, suddenly turned and sharply towards Lynne, focusing its camera on her. "Ah, yes. The intruder. I'm not privy to sharing classified information. It is good that you stopped by as I understand there were two of you in the room, but now one has vanished in the blink of an eye. My security footage couldn'tcatchitandIsupposeitwouldbepointlesstoaskyouifyouhadanyknowledgeofwhathadoccuredasIassumeyouwouldn'tbesocallousastoreevealyourfriendsabilitiestoanunknownpartythatsofarhasbeenactingasyouroppositionthathassofarsentanexperimentalsubjectafteryouralliesand-," the voice came to a sudden stop.

"My apologies. I often keep to myself. I often forget my manners among those moving at normal speeds. I am glad you are here though. I do not believe we have as much data on you compared to your comrades. And what data we have on them is frustratingly sparse," the voice commented. "What do you say to a fitness test?" the voice asked as suddenly, a metal wall slid between Lynne and Akiko and Klaus' unconscious bodies as the floor Lynne stood on shifted as if she had suddenly found herself on a rapidly moving conveyor belt.

"The question was rhetorical," the voice added in monotone as Lynne was suddenly pushed out in midair to another room, lower in the facility. She had arrived in what appeared to be a biosphere of sorts. A vast variety of plant life could be found as far as the eye could see from multiple climates across a variety of time periods, so extinct species were in abundance.

Lynne stumbled to keep her balance as the floor slid out from under her, before finding herself in freefall. Greenery rushed toward her as she tumbled head over rear into a large vivarium, lit by an artificial sun in the ceiling above. Her descent slowed at the last second until she hung in the air, just a couple of feet from the leaf-strewn soil, and Lynne oriented herself upright before gingerly setting foot on the ground.

"Jerk," Lynne grumbled as she dusted herself off. She raised her eyes to take in the room around her, and breathed in a soft gasp.

Lepidodendrons, seed ferns, cycadeoids, ginkgos. This place was a veritable treasure trove of prehistoric plant life - Lynne reached a tentative hand toward a broad-leafed plant nearby, but caught herself and drew it back. If only she had a camera or a notebook, some way to record what she was seeing. She couldn't understand how this could all be here - what purpose it could serve to what was supposed to be a secret gang of villains. Were they part of the experiments the drone had mentioned? But if so, in what capacity? There were too many missing pieces for her to finish the puzzle in her mind.

"Why are you growing all these?" she called out, certain the drone had followed her in to monitor the "fitness test". "How? The fossils for some of these species - you couldn't have gotten useable dna to clone them from those alone."

SHINIGAMI FIRE WITCH, WITCH FIRE, WE'RE ON FIIIIIIIRE, BUAHAHA

"We get fired up!" Shinigami yelled over the roar of flames that erupted from the lantern in her hand. The golem seemed unbothered as it continued to barrel towards her like a linebacker. Akiko relented and moved out of the way at the last minute. When the golem turned towards her, she could see a layer of soot where her flames had touched it. She gritted her teeth and tried again with her red flames turning orange. The golem paused but more soot built upon it, forcing Akiko to duck again except this tie it caught her arm with its own and sent her tumbling a few steps.

"Okay, well I may need you to buy me some time!" Akiko called out as the golem chased her down. "I need time to build up my flames!"

~*~

The golem didn't even move. It let the asteroid hit it and it shattered into pieces... only for it to reform itself with not all the pieces quite in the right place. It zoomed closer to Macroman and began to get smaller and smaller as it got closer to his head.

The clock began to move again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back