Humor Had a Senior Moment

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Have you ever had a senior moment?

Got to work this morning. As usual, always a bit early. Then as it started getting close to time for everyone to show up I started getting worried. Folks had been talking about striking. No one here. Hmm.

So I texted my boss. Our company has a contract with this one. I asked him if had heard anything about a strike…

Then I noticed the date. SUNDAY. We’d don’t work on Sundays.

I really thought it was Monday.

Yesterday lol
I was supposed to leave at 9 am to go to some place by 10 am.

I was caught at the door, leaving at 8 am and when they asked me why I said I was going to that place because it's 9 am already.

I looked at the clock more than once. I saw 8 am there but my mind processed it as 9 am lol

I've done that too. Only for me it was waking up at 1800 and thinking it was 0600 the next morning. Quick! Get dressed, run into truck stop. Grab coffee, etc. Then I hear someone talking about heading home and their coworker saying see ya in the morning. (Morning? Uh oh...)

I think the worse senior moments are when I forget things- like a simple word or the name of a person I’ve known for literal -years-. 🤣

Had something like this happen to me yesterday. I overslept (because it was Saturday) and I woke up around 9am in an absolute panic that my kids were late for school.

“Mom… it’s the weekend.”

😂

I'm imagining you as a 70 year old man whose gotten a part time job that he takes incredibly seriously after retirement because, after a lifetime of working, you found the luxury of rest too boring for your liking.

At least you're a solid worker. Sucks that you showed up on your day off though.

I'm imagining you as a 70 year old man whose gotten a part time job that he takes incredibly seriously after retirement because, after a lifetime of working, you found the luxury of rest too boring for your liking.

At least you're a solid worker. Sucks that you showed up on your day off though.
That would be about 10 years from now .... and I will probably still be working full time ... assuming I am still alive .... and able. But yeah, even if I do retire I'll have to stay busy somehow.

That would be about 10 years from now .... and I will probably still be working full time ... assuming I am still alive .... and able. But yeah, even if I do retire I'll have to stay busy somehow.
You definitely give me those vibes. Good for you though. I find that once people retire and stop working they end up kicking the bucket within about 5 years more times than not.

Hopefully you will still be alive in 10 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back