• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom .hack//between worlds in character

Lil Shirou

Ask me about current roleplays i might be doing.
In 2032 the popular VRMMO named The World has finally came to the United States. This is a new version of the VRMMO that allows it players to connect with a VR headset called Neuro Goggles v.2. They proved to be incredibly popular and most stores quickly sold out, leading to a shortage. The Neuro Goggles v.2 boast 100 hours of consecutive use with the CC Iron battery. The Neuro goggles can connect to any device running The World whether it be a phone or home computer. It allows anyone with internet connects to play. The World is connected cyberspace to help bring in new quest and activities to players in the game without the need for moderators and administrators input.
In 2035 strange things start happening in The world and in the real world. In The World people have reported strange glitches that the game moderators and administrators have no record of. In the real world minor accidents have happen often pass off as human errors, but it what they don’t know that might hurt them. In New York city group of people has formed clan in game and often play together when they can. A small group at different ages and experience.

Minimum paragraph please.

Karcen Karcen MidnightStar MidnightStar

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/hack-between-worlds-character-sheets.332403/

Last edited:
Sabrina has recently finish her physical therapy St.Johns medical and now heads homes. It was a pain to travel through groups of people on the street and the subway. She reaches her apartment and closes her door. She lives a comfortable living with her career and her parents helping her when she needs things she can't do on her own. She grabs her headset and positions herself on the couch. She activates the app on her phone and puts on the Neuro goggles that look like high tech sun glasses and see the load up. "Link start" Sabrina says as she enters the game and sees the inside of a chapel in the main city of the world.
DrAcieE.jpg

Last edited:
Raine was already in the world having been there for some time in the sections cordoned off from normal players as it was currently under attack from whatever had infected their systems. The virus had yet to honestly be named but it had been detected and its impact was being felt, though thus far they had managed to apparently work out a deal to keep this issue under wraps. It seemed that the heads either had some serious pull or no one really wanted to show how vulnerable the system which was now integral to every day life was. It honestly mattered little as to the exact reason behind it but the virus was not common knowledge even the hackers were having some issues extracting details about it, not for lack of trying though. Normally the company and hacker groups would actually be at odd but right now if they could find any way to beat back this infection the company and Raine herself would be very eager to accept such help.

For right now they could only try to stop the infection and fight the symptoms of this virus, avatars, every now and then often corresponding to some bigger event in the real world an avatar of the virus , or so most dubbed them, would show up. This had not meant much till now as in cooperation with the hackers a possible treatment had been developed, the data drain effect. The idea behind it was it woudl drain away the infected information bit by bit in correspondence to the monsters health. This meant when the monster died the infection was purged and hopefully whatever event it was causing woudl be prevented. This of course was a stop gap measure but it would allow them to start working analyzing the virus to find some way to stop it.

This of course only worked in cyber space there was still the issue of finding the people that had created this virus. they woudl have to be tracked down but that was for the FBI, or Police, or CIA , or something to do once they could trust that their computers wouldn't just blow up. So for now Raine continued to look through the glitched area for the avatar that woudl have to form soon enough , if she could kill it soon enough she might for once stop what it was doing.

Amelia (Sky)
Sky eyed the mission board trying to find a descent job to go on. Here lately the missions have not been very interesting and simple. The pay was low and the were all super boring. She had thought all the good jobs had been getting taken before she logged on so today she raced home hoping to find a decent job, sadly there still wasn't any up. She sighs crumbling into a chair. She orders a drink and pulls up her inventory screen. Her team wouldn't arrive for another hour so she decides to just to wait in the game until the arrive, and hoping that a few new interesting missions would get posted.
upload_2017-5-19_23-9-55.jpeg

Last edited:
Jasmine (Jazzy)
Jasmine sits on her bed eyeing the world headset. She had told her "friends" a school she would try it out but she was still defensive about it. What if she tried it and made a fool of herself. Yes she was smart but with books and computers, this was all so different. Everything was set up. She had all the gear on and the app on. All she needed to do is say the words.

"Link...Start."

Since Jasmine did the registration online she was taken straight to the gaming world. She arrives in what looks like a chapel at about the same time as another player. She wasn't sure what to do next so maybe this person could help. "Excuse me, I'm new. Is there something certain I should do first here?"

Lil Shirou Lil Shirou

Last edited:
Sabrina goes through her gear seeing what she can sell to the merchant ncps and what to sell to item hunters. Her gear was top notch for her level having mostly the rarest and strongest gear. She would acquire her gear from battles with players, trades, tournaments, events and drops from quest. By the time she finish a player appears in front of her asking her for help. "Um, sure. You want to get gear and learn your class skills. I don't typically do this but I have gotten a lot of low level gear. It not very profitable to sell. So I guess I can give it to you and help you learn your class. My name is shadow and you can tell by looking close to a player's or ncp's head to see what their names are." Sabrina says as she waves her hand up and down to bring up the menu and then selected trade.
It brought up the inventory and trade window for both player. Sabrina then drop gear ranging from 1 through 10 to the trade window. Some of the gear was uncommon to rare but not valuable to her. "Here this will help you out because during is terrible way to learn a game. " Sabrina says this kinda cold to the new player but it was fact everyone dies in the beginning. Adventuring has it risk and once you use a chaos gate it up to you how much risk you want to take on.

Last edited:
James Klynhoff/Dark Walker
James finished up his work and sighed as he shuffled through some more papers. His mind drifted off to The World, he had just found a new boss that may take some help defeating it. He nodded to a couple of nurses who walked by before taking off his white coat. He walked towards his office and made sure he had everything done. On his way out he passed another doctor, "Miss Wildman seems to be doing fairly good with her therapy." James paused, "Well that's good...I wish I was able to do more for her though." The doctor nodded, "Don't we all, anyways have a good night." James nodded, "You as well sir, if you need me you know how to get ahold of me." With that he turned and walked out heading home. As soon as he got home he went and jumped in the shower. Food could wait he wanted to get to The World and see if he couldn't enhance his weapon or armor. He got out during off and walked to his bed putting the neuro googles on, closing his eyes, "Link Start!!!"

Walker opened his eyes and looked around taking in his surroundings as usual. He sighed, "Alright closest merchant here would be..." He looked at the map and then headed for it. There were a couple of women there so he stood back and waited his turn. While waiting he clicked through his items to see if there were any one he could trade or sell. "Damn...I cleared this out the other day almost forgot...oh well I have enough gold to get what I need..." He said mumbling to himself.

Jasmine (Jazzy)
Jazzy listens carefully to everything Shadow tells her. She gasps at all the gear she gets form her as well. She really didn't expect to get treated so well from her. Shadow was firm and straight forward which caused her to get a little nervous. "Yeah I'd hate to die on my first day." she says with a nervous laugh. She looks around at everything memorized by the detail on the World. "It's truly amazing how the game masters designed this game. It's so detailed!" She says with a smile looking back to see Shadow's response.
Lil Shirou Lil Shirou

"It made from a series of games from Japan dating back to 2000 after the Pluto kiss incident destroyed most of the computers networks. This is the first to allow you to play with your mind. Anyway we need to go to merchant ncp before I show you anymore." Sabrina then opens her menu again and sends Jazzy an invite to join her party. " one thing before we go. Me giving you armor is a one time thing. You are after this expected to to earn and buy armor on your own. Once you accept my invite we can go."
BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising

Walker watched as the girls scurried off and he stepped up to the merchant. "Hey I'm looking for something to boost my scythe and jacket. Would you happen to have anything for any of those items?" The merchant nodded, "I have one for your weapon, it only boosts it by a few levels. Would you like to purchase it?" He tapped his chin, "Sure it might just be enough." He tapped his screen as it asked if he wished to buy it and hit accept.

Last edited:
Jasmine (Jazzy)
Jazzy quickly nods and excepts Shadows friend request. "I understand perfectly." she says with a small smile. She follows Shadow staying close behind her. "Oh I guess I never told you my name. I'm Jazzy and I'm a Macabre Dancer." She looks at Shadow up and down. "I like your outfit."

(Srry been busy all week with work)

Sabrina was becoming impatient with the questions and answers. She was trying to be helpful but interacting with new players wasn't her thing. She often doesn't help new players and the first time in a long time she doesn't know why she is helping. " okay let's go to the court yard and visit the shops. Maybe we can join up with others that can help you." Sabrina takes off running to the courtyard. As she enters it is full of player characters of all races and classes. Sabrina stops at the edge and waits for Jazzy to catch up to her.
MidnightStar MidnightStar Karcen Karcen BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising

Walker quickly equips the enchantment to his weapon and smiles as he watches the level go up three times. Pulling the scythe out he swings the blade in a slightly open area testing the weight. "This actually feels more balanced." He said with a huge grin.

Amelia (Sky)
After Sky's team showed up they decided to go on a quick raid together since many of them couldn't stay on long. The raid was simple and put enough money in he pocket to last her a while. Once the team parted Sky decided to travel around town and take a look at some of the shops. She stopped suddenly looking over at one of the players who was buying a scythe from a merchant. Sky was always interested in learning about new weapon types that were not her own. She skips over and looks over the guys shoulder at the scythe her eyes glistening. "That's a nice weapon you got there." she says with a smile.

Jasmine (Jazzy)
Jazzy frowns a little at Shadow's attitude. 'Does she not know how to reply to a compliment.' she says to herself. When Shadow took off towards the court yard, Jazzy ran after her. She was as fast as Shadow but with her subclass it made running a little easier. Jazzy finally caught up with her at the court yard where it was busy with people. "Shadow you don't really want to help me, do you? If so just say so..." She really wanted Shadow's help but wasnt going to force her to do something she didn't want to do.
Lil Shirou Lil Shirou

Walker turned towards the voice slinging the scythe over his shoulders. "She is my baby and never let me down in a battle before. I actually just came to see if they had anything to up her level and the merchant did. I found a new boss I plan to take down." He said with a grin, "What's your weapon?" He asked a bit curious. He was always fascinated by what others chose as a weapon and class. MidnightStar MidnightStar

Raine moved through the instanced version of the starting town, they had managed to keep the players from taking notice of the infection by perpetrating it from them for the most part. If players could see what was going on they would likely freak out as everything was similar to normal but everything was also wrong, the colors were off, things leaked black goo, NPC's were stuck in loops. The infection was getting bad soon enough the avatar would appear. Once it did show up there would be a small window to kill it before whatever system it was fucking with was to messed up to stop from causing an issue, from street lights being random to a power plant breaking down it needed to be stopped. Raine brought up a screen and sent a few messages to others searching over the vast instanced area, but oddly got no response it seemed that the glitches were piling up she just had to hop not players were sucked in before the avatar showed up.

Sabrina didn't kbow what to really say. She did want to help but she really not known for being a team player. She tries to calm down and not be so impatient. Sabrina wasn't use to helping others as she learn everything on her own. " I am sorry, but I am trying to remember how to help you. I want to help you. I am not use to helping others. I normally play the game alone. I will try to be less impatient and more helpful. Why don't we try to get others to join our group so you learn more." Sabrina thought it was best she find more help to teach her new friend. She summons a digital keyboard sending a message through the city asking for anyone wanting to do quest and help a new player. As she wait for the reply she over to a nap and sold all her gear that wasn't what rare items traders wanted or collectors would buy.

SpookySableye SpookySableye

Last edited:
Zero (Colton Lowell)
Colton had been in the gaming world for about... ten minutes now? He got finished with his homework rather early, so it felt great to put on the headset and have fun in the wonderful world of virtual reality. He hadn't been doing much in particular today, mostly just walking around, thinking about what he should do. Maybe buy some new equipment? Fight some enemies? While thinking through his little dilemma, Colton overheard a couple of girls talking about groups, and getting people to join theirs. Hm... The message then appeared about helping a new player with a quest. Now, Colton wasn't necessarily the most social person on the planet. Usually, he'd try to do things solo... Should he join their group? While he wasn't really a people person, it wasn't like he had anything better to do. Eh, oh well. Let's see how this goes. Colton then approached the two calmly, with a neutral expression on his face. "So, you two wanted a group member for a quest?"

Lil Shirou Lil Shirou MidnightStar MidnightStar

Sky gives a smug smile before equipping her double swords. They were her pride and joy, the most powerful thing in her arsenal. "These are my baby's. Won these bad boys in the raid, The Twin Dragon's Dungeon. These are a very rare drop, I was lucky to get them." She swings the blades around elegantly like she had used them for years. She puts her weapons back and extends her hand to the player. "The names Sky, it's nice to met you." she says giving him a wide smile.

He put his scythe away once more and took her hand, "Most just call me Walker...nice to meet you Sky." He said with a grin taking her hand. A random message popped up asking for any players to come help. "Wonder if they are fighting a boss???" He looked back to Sky, "You get a message as well?"

MidnightStar MidnightStar

Jazzy gave a nod. "Alright, as long as your cool with helping me." She waited as Shadow sold some gear and looked at the wonderful crafted area. It was magnificent how the art work was done here. She was pulled from her thoughts when someone asked if they were going on some sort of quest. A little puzzled Jazzy gave a raised eyebrow at Shadow. "Are we?"
Lil Shirou Lil Shirou SpookySableye SpookySableye

Sky nods looking over the message. "Huh, looks like a small quest to help out a new player." she says with a smile. "Looks fun and would be a good way to earn a little more money. Well, and also helping out a fellow player." she giggles. "From gps the aren't far from here. I think I'm going to see if they need anymore help. Are you coming?"

Walker shrugged, "Might as well, it'll give me a chance to test the weapon out before using it on the boss." He sent the person a quick message to let them know two players were heading their way. "I'm also always up for meeting new players it is always interesting to see what others have chosen class wise." He said with a slight chuckle, he had wondered if the class a person chose was because they loved that kind of weapon or they had personal experience in the real world with it. He laughed a bit more at the thought of himself carrying around a scythe in the real world. "Well I guess a scalpel is about the same thing sometimes." He muttered under his breath. MidnightStar MidnightStar Lil Shirou Lil Shirou

Sabrina didnt know what to say so she just sent invite to her party to all the people that respond to her request. " We should have a pretty good size group to help me teach you the game Jazzy. Thank you Zero for wanting to join. " Sabrina heart was racing she not entirely comfortable playing with huge groups. She being a single player was for her comfort because in the outside world she didn't trust people. Being a kid in a wheelchair either people pity her or ignored her.

SpookySableye SpookySableye

Users who are viewing this thread

Back