• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Lord Saethos

Dark Lord of the Saeth
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Wanted: Super Powered Individuals

c1058e31cebeaf22d9f1be0d2c0e9ec1.jpg

You fancy yourself a hero? Good, because we need one. Or two. Maybe even three.

The situation on Earth in 2045 is not an admirable one. Anti-Super terrorist groups. Secretive paramilitary organizations with unknown goals. Tensions between the East and West steadily rising, with the boiling point reaching ever closer. Gargantuan monsters crawling out of the sea to wreak havoc upon thousands.

That's why, now more than ever, Earth is in need of Brave heroes.

The attack on Atlas City will scar not only America, but the whole world, for years and years to come. Fighting back with the mightiest heroes we can muster, we shall create a bulwark against all threats, foreign and domestic. As heroes, you will ensure that Freedom Reigns from Sea to Shining Sea, and across the world.

If you think you have what it takes, contact us, submit a CV to us with a rundown of who you are, your powers and abilities, some of your accomplishments, and what you'd like to do.

You can find all this, and more at
www.nahla.gov

c852b0ded10d1cbec0e6ad26f83a5a33.jpg

Message Approved by the Department Of Hero Affairs

________________________________________________________________________________________________
Accessing Terminal
________________________________________________________________________________________________​

04/18/XXXX
Terminal 32

Bill, I had to hide this message in here for you, delete it and wipe everything when you're done reading.

I'm begging you, listen! You need to avoid the SINS agent. He's ̵̹̰̮͈͓̥̞̙̻͍͎͕̯̞͔͌̉̈͝ͅͅ ̸̧̨̡̛̣͚̱̲̿̇͊͐̃͛̚͜͠ͅ ̴̨̧̛̪̲͈͍͖͉̻̥͇̭̇́͛́ͅ ̷͇̳̰̻̜̯͍͗̃͜͝ ̵̛͔̫̰̲͙̆̌̌̊ ̶̨̬̻̙̰̦͙̈̀̔̉̿͜ ̵̲̩́̔ ̴̧͎̝̺̪̼͇͖͚̬̼̤͉̩̭͗̉̓̿͒̔̒̽̓̍̃͆͋̈́͜͝͝ ̴̟̐̾͆͆̾̈́͑̊̈́́̽̏̊̍̊͘͠ ̴̛̗̠̔͛͊̎̃̋̒̍̎͠ ̷̡̼̤̣̭̗̝̪̤̱̇̑́̈́̿̋̽̕͘ ̵̢̧͚͇̲̰͕̒̏̓̓̈̉̆͑̐͋͗͑̉͆͘͘ ̸̢̡̹͓̞̹̱͇̾͜ ̷̡̘̗̦̼̤̒̈́̈́̃̀̈́͑͜ ̷̠̞̺̩̟̮̦̠̼̮͚͚̬̦̯̓̋̎̈́̔̊͒̉̽ ̶̢̛͓͕̺̺̟͍̙̰̯̺͍͚͚͕̝̈́̿̾̓̿͊̈́̓̂̒̒̐ͅ ̷̠̦͎͖̺͔͉̙͎̭́͛͜ ̴̖̻̋͘ͅ ̵̢̦͉͕͔̖̬̰͎̣̹̙̻̝̬̏̃̉͋̀͌̓̓̐̈̽́̈́͊̒͜͝ ̷̯̩̟̼̻͓͔̟̭̣͙̪̣̰͎̳͖̌́̏͆̚̕͝͝ ̸̨̲͈͙͓̘̟͉̺̦͉̩̀͆̌͑

̶̦̘͎̙̙͎̗͒͛̉͗̓͋̒̈́́͗̽̊̇͛̋̌͊̍̕͘͠ ̸̡̡̢͍̘̭͚̯̞͙̙̺͔̳͓͍̟̠̒̀̎̏̃̈́̉̓̽͐̃̈͠ ̴͙̖͓̱͙͎͍̤̦̳̮̤̭̲͕̇̅̒̎́̇̈́̏͋̔͐ ̵̧̧̲̖̫͔͓̤̫̦́̍͗̌͑́̚͝ ̴̡̡̨̢̗͉̥͔̩͔͎̹̺̟͚͔͚̥̺͋͛̚͜͜ͅ ̵̧̤͈͈̱̻̝̤̦͎͚͎̩̯͉̪̙͇̘͚͙̹̤̰͙̼̞̻̳͎͆ ̵̢̨̘̠̗͕͎͕̭̩̰̣̝̹̱͚̠̺͓̘̥͙̩̫̈̈́̏̄̂̓̉́̌͐͐̄͗̈́̈́̿̆͗̄̀̄̚͜͜͠ ̸̨̲̞͉̞͈͍͇̟͕̱̺̎̾́̎͒̉̇̓̈͘͘ ̸͍͓̙͈̫͉̺̳̲͕̪̐̅͠͝ͅ ̴̟̻̮̮̳͔̣͖̫̥̈̽̒͂̈́͗̀̊͆͂̋͂͘̚͠ ̶̛̫̒͊̔͒̐̆̔̈́̃́̓̌̈̍͑͆̑͐͑͆͊͛̏͛̚͝͝͝ ̵̢̛̺͐̔̉̍̋͌̒̈́̐̉̆̀̐͝͝͝͝ͅ ̵̧̧̡̢̠̳̼͚͕̜͕̗̲̟̮̙̫̜͓͙̫̼͇̻̘̝̫̟̝͂̈́̃̐͊̐̃̂́͐̆̌͋͋͑̚̕͜ ̴̢̝̲̟̝͕̺̫̠̖̬͉̈͛͒̽͗̔̈́̑̓̂͆̔̈̎̆̀̎́̿̓̉̒̓̈́̅̕͠ͅ ̶̧̢̢̦͚͈̩̻̥̩̲͉̙͖̯̠̗̹͉̭̥̮͔͇͍͉̟͙̫͓̹̀͂̀̓̔̅̓̀̕̚ ̸̢̡̨̣̟̮̟͉͚͙̟̠͈̱̟̼̝̹̪̫͙͖̒̈̾̚ͅͅ ̸̢̢̦͚̫̤͖̋̒͒̒̂͆͌̑͒̇̈͛͘̕͝ ̸̛̳̠͈̦̭̩̪̞̏̐͌̂͋̾̏͋̃͘ ̶̨̡͚̯͔̩͈̮̤̝͓̹̅̏ͅ ̸̨̹̳̺̟͙̫̤̖̖̺̤͈̬͔͎͐͑͂̏̏͂̌́͠͠ ̸̛̲̘̘̰̰̠̪̀̽̆͂̀͆̄̇͂̈́̓̈́̑̊̈͆̎̍́̎̄̋̂͊͝͝͝ ̶̬̠̑̈̀̎͒͊̏̽̋́͜ ̴̡̛̛͈̮̥̳̘̪̗̹͈̲̰͈͉̙͈̤̣͒̃̀̇̇̇̍̍́͋̌̅̆͛̍̊͊̀̃̌̏̔̽̅̓̕͠͠͝ ̴̛̗̜̹̘̪̭͋͂̋̾̐̒̇̃͌̊́̎̉̈́̾̌̄̑̄́́͊̃̌̓̓̒͜͠ ̸̞̗̖͉̭̭͔̼̞̍̍͊̃́͑̅̒̐͜ ̷̧̢̛̹̬̤̻͖̰̲͈̺̲̰̼̳͚̟͐̍͌̿̅́͊͜͝ ̵̜̪̤̊̌̎͒̅͒͊̑̍̓͊͊̓̅͗͘̚͝͝ ̷̨̰̹̥̿ ̸̧̨̧̜̱̤̗̳̲͖̬͓̭̗͖͍̰͉̝͚͚͆̓̏͊̐̂̋̔̈̅͜͠ͅ ̷̛̱͕̣̼̬͖̲̙̻͈̻̦̱͙̥̝̣̮͎̤̲̟͚̦͈̪̝̝̫̯̀͐͆̑͗̑̎̊̾̐̀̓͑̄̓̇̎͌̒͌̕͘̚͝ ̶̧̧̡̜̹͚͔̗̭͕͚̪̻͔̘̜͖̪̦̯̭̳̤̝͔̦̺̣͉͚̑͂̏̆̂͐́̍̀͊͑̑̚ ̷̥̳͛̑́̔͛̆͆͑́̀͌͗̕ ̵̡̣̪̗̹̘͓̮̩̭̹̪̪̫͈͓̱̟̣̰͍͔͚̩͉̗̳̱̀̅͋͋̍̀̉̉̔͋̄̂̏̊͐͗̃̌̄͂͂̓̊͊̚̚̕͜͝͠͠ ̷̛̪̏͊̂̀̓̑͒̇͆͆̆͒̃̓̄́͊̽̃̈́̍͆̈́̚͝͝͠͝ ̸̢̗̰̖͖̻̦̯͇̞͍̬̺̜̭̈́̒͒́ ̶̧̱̟̼̩̺̜̩̳̤̤̪̤͚̮͌̊͌̊́̊̂͑̒̊͛͋̈́͛̅̀̚̕ ̵̡͙̭̺͇̮͉̖͍̠̘̦̦̬̫̙͔̥̗̱̭̰͉͇̘͔̂̀ ̵̰̲̿̀̔̂̇̈́̍̅͂̽̒́̓͒̍̌̉̽̋͆̾̐̓̐͆̈́̾̑̚̕͠ ̸̯̜̞̫̼̪̜̝̯̫͕͍͈̮̗̄̈́͆̏̋̀͋̌͆̐͆̃̉́̽̈́̏͊̕͜͠͠͠ ̵̧̨̡̫̯̬̮̤̮̖͇̩̹͂ ̶̨̦̰͕̲͖̰̐̿͗͛̈͊́̑̊̒̂̎͜ ̷͔̞̺̩͕̹̤̩̯̟̦̒̏̔͆̎͒͌͘̕͜ͅ ̸̨̢̡̧̡͕̦̘̭̤͓̩̯͉̱̣̙̗̥̙̱̖̼̤̬̮̟̓̅̈́́̋̊́͋͐͋̅̆̉͊̃͊̋̑̋̾̿̿̃̑̃̅̕̚͜ ̸̗͕̦̫̼̖͈̦̣̫̹̮̞̹̫̺͎͙̌͆̆̊̓̌̒̄̎̍̈̈́̋͌͋̐̉͋̔ ̶̨̘͚̠͚͇̮͖̼̙̝͋̊̈̒͛͋̄̅̂̈́̒̏̓͜ ̶̡̨̡̦̙̣̭̩̓́̈́́̇̀̽͒͂͒͑̀̿̽̂͐̇̑͌̂̚̕͜͝ ̵̨̧̨̡̢̛̮̼͍̪̼̩̞̜͖̟̩̘̥̗͍̪̒̓̄̃͛̇̑̐̿̕͠ͅ ̷̧̨̮̝̖͍͚̰͖̗͙̙̖̫̰̪̺̘̣͙͓̻̖̱̖̟͓͈̈́̄̃͋̅͐̾͗͊͐̌͒̇̈́̅̄̀̉͑̅̐̑̍̃͋̑͘̕͘̚͝ͅͅ ̶̨̡̧̻̱̬͈̱̫̦͍̣̰̣̗̩̦͕̰̺̭̱̣͇̯͉̗̬͇͒̄̊͂̍͐̆́̆͆́͐̀̀̋̃̑̓͋̆͐̆̿̃̈͘͜͝͠ ̴͖͉̙̺̖̤͎̥̏̿͝ͅͅ ̷̛̦̻͇͚̹̙̣͕̯͈̾̍̀̎̀̀̎́̅̽̌̽͘͘̚̚ͅ ̴̢̟̲͚̳̫̖̖͇̙̲̘̫̲̘̥̠̰̔̉̾́͂̊̋̆͂̎̈͑̐́̊̊̃́̑͘̚͜͝͝ͅ ̶̡̨̢̪̤̣̻̗͎̲̝̱̠̲͍͙̼̘̲̰͍̫͉͚͌̍͐̾̋͐̒̄̃̈͑̔́͐̀̈́̃̋͂̑͘̕͜͝ͅ ̷̡̧̯̹̫̜̤̣̫̲̰̹̰͕͖͉͓̞̭̞̮̱͎̲̣͙̦̟͛͐̔̓̌͐̈́̀̉̿̄͆͋̀̒͒̈́͗̑̐̈́̓̓̃̂͜ ̷̡̡̡̛͕͉̪̪̤̻͎̤̣͚̯̠̺̜͇̫͓̤͓̭̜̠̿̇̅̍͒̀̊̒͒̐́͂͊̉̈͂̉̔̀́̅̍̾̑̄̈́̊̐̏͠ ̶̡̨̢͚̮͈̱̮̪̦͎͓̲̯̘̱̉͛͋̌̉̒̃͗̉͋̋̏͋̑̏̈́̈ ̴̡̛̛̠̝͈͕̲̩̙̪͉̯̓͛̆͊͒̈́̌̈́̃̌̃̍̓͌̿̈̇̆́̅̃̓͝ ̷͓̳͉͍͙̜͙͈̤̫͓̤̲̭̰͈͇͈̜̗̳̑͑̐̊̈̾̊́̍̓̀̀̓̄̓̄̑̀͝͠ ̸̞̫̹̖̣̲̘͓̃͐͂͑̔̈̀̉̈́͂̀͠ ̴̧̺̝̭̲̹̺̯̈̑́̎̅́̌͋͛̔͆̿̎̑̿͒̉̀̾͑̕͝͝ͅ ̶̢̧̡̹̙̫͍̟̗̭̙͔̬̺̭̹̠̠̙̠̜͇̩͙̤̜͈̮̏̾͆̓̑̀̐̀̀̇̒̈́͆͛͘͝͝͝ ̶̧̛̛͕͈͈̞̫̞͚̮͔̼͚̱͙̺̥̭̪̫͔̭̽͌͑̐̃̇͒̌̈́͛̔̏̒̇̀̄̌͒̂̽͘̕ ̵̡̡̧̛̱̹̫̫̩͇̞͚̖̺̼̫̹́͊͋̂̊͌̍̏̓̑͝ ̷̻͎̲̻̲̻̹̘̈́͗̈̓͜ ̵͔͌͂̎̎̏͆̽͑̓͌͋̀̄̔̎̊̿̚͝͠͝͠ ̸̛̣̩̤̜͈͈̣̦͍̈͗̅̌̃̇̀͂͐̽͒͛͑̉̈́͌̐̅͐̽͋̓͒̌͊́̅͜͠͠ͅ ̶̜̦͉͍͍̪͚̭͚̮̣̤̌̑̍͛̿͛͛̑̓̿̈́̈́̅̍̔̐̋͑̔̌̚̚͝͝͝ ̴̳͎͊͒͒̀̀͒̎̑̐̔́̒̔̉͆̈͛͗̑̉̚͘̕̕͝ ̵̢̘̳̥͖̯̟̃̒̽̎͌̃̒̎̀̍̇̎̔̋̾̀̾͘̚͝ͅ ̴̡̜̟̙̱͖̻̼̝͍̫̭̞͚̞̯̜͕͔̟͈̻̍̒͝ ̷̬̦͔͉͂̽̈́̿͑͑͌̑͐̀̀̀͒̒̃̽̔̒̊̚͘͘͝͝͠͝ ̴̠̙̤̲̣̍͐̀̎̓̿̎́̑̍̃̊̋͗́̽͂̚ ̸̧̨͇͍͇͙͓̺͍̮̬̼̰͈̄̉̋̓̅͛̈́͛̇̈́̈́͂̂͂̔̐̈́̾́̊͐͊̈̈̈́͘̚͝ ̷̨͈̮̻̬̪̣̼͈̫͔̦̘͔̮͈̫̻̃͊͗̀̂̂̀̽̋̀̚̕͝ͅͅ ̴̨̢̢̛̭͉̣͚̤͖̤͖͉̫̩͈̭͔͍̮̹̦̟̞͓̻̬̰̮͙̹̐̈̋̃͊͋́̂̒͛̎͘​

██████████████████████ [REDACTED] ████████████████████

██████████ [REDACTED] ██████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████ [UNAUTHORIZED CONNECTION] ███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███

.........................................................................................

Transmission Lost...

Update: New File Available.

Open?

To those reading this

Welcome.

Hadean is a Superhero roleplay set in 2045, in a world that mirrors our own, and likely differs from it as well in certain ways. This is a roleplay that has already been active for 2 years, since 2020. It's survived ups and downs, changes and evolutions, and found a way to adapt to stay alive all this time. The site the roleplay has been hosted on up till now, however, may no longer adequately serve the purposes we hoped it would. Additionally, we're in need of some new blood, should you be interested.

You might find hopping into an already active RP to be daunting, but trust me when I say there's a LONG road still ahead in this story, and you'll be joining us in what I hope is still only the first few chapters.

There will be a transition period of getting all our written work saved from the other site we roleplayed on, and to hopefully archive it for your reading, and the reading of anyone else interested.

If you're interested in learning more about the lore, the characters, or anything else about the RP, feel free to ask here! You can also visit the "government link" that will take you to the current portion of the roleplay we're finishing off before we start the next chapter here, with you.

And to preempt a possible question you may have about the "next chapter", and what will be happening in it, that partially depends on you. Hadean had a relatively exciting start and intro, so it's only fair you get to enjoy the same experience, and our veteran roleplayers will no doubt enjoy this just as much.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

This Roleplay is to be played HERE on RP Nation, NOT on Roleplaygateway.

The links I've provided are for the old content that we've written. You're welcome to read it for inspiration and to better understand the story.

Again, just to reiterate, this is not an offsite roleplay, we will be roleplaying here on RP Nation.

For further clarity as well, I will be attempting to "archive" all of the old content from the roleplay, and eventually making it accessible as a Google Doc to ensure posterity.

Last edited:
For those of you interested so far, feel free to put a character together and send it to me in DM! I'll look it over and see what I think. As a heads up, not sure how many spots we'll have available, probably between 2-5 new players, but your character profiles will definitely help me make those decisions.

Doesn't have to be the exact same format, but this is the gist of what I'm looking for.

Also, if you'd like to have more than one character, that's definitely an possibility we can explore, especially if you plan on playing one hero, and one villain.

_______________________________________________________________________​

Full Name:
Alias:
Ethnicity:

Hair:

Eye color:

Body:

Height:

Weight:

Hometown:

Affiliation(s):

Personality:

-

-

-

-

Dislikes:
-

-

-

-

Fears:
-

-

-

-

Skills:
-

-

-

-

Costume Identities:

Uniform
Mask

Equipment:
-

-

-

Background:

Powers:

Name -
[Type of Power – Level (#)]

Power Origins:

Color Code:[color=](insert color code here for easy reference)[/color]​

Last few things:

Firstly, here's some helpful links for Hadean's content. Avail yourself of it as you see fit, could give you ideas on from some of the lore, or how other characters have been played.

Lore

Hadean

Hadean: The Brave

Strange Tales From Hadean

Exodus

And finally, I'd like to mention on a personal note that I'm probably a pretentious writer, I love to try to make my writing sound nice, and I love to try to make my scenes "cinematic".

In the spirit of that, here's an example of the sort of thing that might put me in the mood for the kind of writing I personally do in Hadean.

Listening to Sweet Nuthin while looking at a desolate landscape, filled with... Nothing.

1658909997489.png

Enjoy whilst you read, write, or do whatever else!

And here's a hefty "Soundtrack" we sort of cobbled together as well, mixed with songs I chose, songs for various players characters, etc.
Hadean Soundtrack

[REDACTED]

Given the vast amount of lore, would you be averse to having a character from a Alternate Earth or Amnesia to excuse myself for not being fully aware of everything?

Sent a DM in any case. Another question given others may wonder the same though, What are the Type/Levels in relation to powers? could you expand on those?

Sent a DM in any case. Another question given others may wonder the same though, What are the Type/Levels in relation to powers? could you expand on those?
To your first Question, alternate Earth is a possibility, as well as Amnesia, but I can also try to summarize the key points to let y'all know the main details that have occurred in the story.

Power levels and types is described more in the "Lore" section, but if expansion is necessary I'll be happy to do that! Just at work right now.

Just trying to classify one of the abilities since it falls under several categories. Hoping i don't pick the wrong one.

theres not actually a super huge amount of lore to keep in mind thus far since it is comparatively still in the early chapters, but i'll save saethos some time and summarize the key points for you here:

• the cold war never ended, and the advent of superheros in the 40s has aided the advancement of technology considerably
  • most heroes are organized into for-profit offices overseen by the government. the largest of these in the US is a branch of the US military called NAHLA. theres also SINS, which is basically the cia/secret police for people with superpowers.
  • eldritch horrors known as "Beasts" are trying to break their way into our reality, and have already done so at Atlas City, causing widespread destruction and panic. This was, alledgedly, a very small and weak example of their kind.
  • Atlas City in North Carolina is the superhero capital of America, if not the world, having been founded by the hero Atlas following his construction of a new, experimental nuclear reactor.
  • Atlas City has a "sister city" on the west coast set up by the government called Anthem, which went about as poorly as it couldve and is now the super villain capital of America. It hasnt actually shown up yet though and barely matters at all.
  • giant mecha called Drive Frames exist, are still relatively few in number, and are used almost exclusively by the military, with some models also used for construction. older military models have been repurposed for use by police forces.
  • Just... so many additional proxy wars have happened, as well as civil wars. Ireland, Belarus, Vietnam, etc have all experienced or on the brink of devestating war by 2045.
  • Brazil is a major world power now
  • even if you dont go for the full lore/backlog dive i strongly recommend reading the first post of the original rp. it hasnt come back up yet so far, but it does set up events to come and is also just a pretty good read in general, saethos is a good writer
  • oh also theres aliens, an interstellar empire is turning its gaze toward earth, and there are giant lovecraft roaches from the end of time tunneling through time itself following the trail of the beasts and kidnapping people from the realities they breach against since those are "doomed timelines anyway".

Last edited:
Yeah, the sheer amount of text was a bit intimidating, and there is always the chance of forgetting something. I did send a DM to him with a character at least so hopefully that works.
Was there a Discord used at all for chatting? or just that website?

For those of you interested so far, feel free to put a character together and send it to me in DM! I'll look it over and see what I think. As a heads up, not sure how many spots we'll have available, probably between 2-5 new players, but your character profiles will definitely help me make those decisions.

Doesn't have to be the exact same format, but this is the gist of what I'm looking for.

Also, if you'd like to have more than one character, that's definitely an possibility we can explore, especially if you plan on playing one hero, and one villain.

_______________________________________________________________________​

Full Name:
Alias:
Ethnicity:

Hair:

Eye color:

Body:

Height:

Weight:

Hometown:

Affiliation(s):

Personality:

-

-

-

-

Dislikes:
-

-

-

-

Fears:
-

-

-

-

Skills:
-

-

-

-

Costume Identities:

Uniform
Mask

Equipment:
-

-

-

Background:

Powers:

Name -
[Type of Power – Level (#)]

Power Origins:

Color Code:[color=](insert color code here for easy reference)[/color]​
images are broke, I'm afraid

DM had some powers questions but hes been silent since Thursday. Did the game fill up or you still looking for people?

DM had some powers questions but hes been silent since Thursday. Did the game fill up or you still looking for people?
Not filled up yet, sorry for being so slow on responses! Just had a lot going on with work that's made it difficult to respond more quickly.

To set your mind at ease, my current job has me working hours that's become very mentally and emotionally draining, but I'm working on getting a better job that gives me more of the hours I need to have free time to enjoy my hobbies and passions.

In the meantime, I'll continue working on getting Hadean set up, going through profiles and making suggestions on things, and hopefully getting us good to start roleplaying soon. No ETA just yet, so please bare with me and we'll try to get things up and running as soon as possible.

Also, thank you to you, and to everyone else, who's shown interest so far, I'm pleased to see this picking up traction! ^_^

Thats fine, I do always get a bit anxious while waiting when i know there's only so many spots. Understand jobs have people very busy, especially when your doing a RP migration at the same time.

Assuming I can scavenge some time from what is an increasingly chaotic moment, I'm very intrigued.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back