• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

(GURPS) Cyberpunk Campaing! (Old)

H1C3TH3K1LL

Hi, my name is Math, I've been playing Shadowrun/Cyberpunk/GURPS for some years now, and I really want to find a group of players to play with. We can discuss anything at this point.(From the setting to the main plot, the PCs and other Macguffins)

I'm looking for 2-3 players to start!

Hi! We can do VoiceChat on discord, or text here if you like. Or if you have any other ideas about what we could do just let me know!

I might be interested in a cyberpunk game. Though I don't have any of the books. It would have to be a game here, though.

I might be interested in a cyberpunk game. Though I don't have any of the books. It would have to be a game here, though.

Sure, the main game will run here, and maybe I'll set up server on Discord to discuss PCs, OOC things, and world/NPC details. About the Shadowrun books, you'll mainly need the for Lore/Roleplay
purposes.

Your pic gave me an idea the other day, Ivar "The Stainless", a Neo-Viking with stainless steel servo legs!
It is of course cyber punk so He Will be a clone of the original Ivar Made out of bones from an archeological site. Ill play that. 😁😁😁

Sure! But beware, being a clone does have some negative traits, also, the corps will be on your ass!
I want lots of negative traits.
And horrible past live flashbacks.
And living on the edge. XD
Also, I'm gonna go and pirate Shadowrun in case this does happen. I'd pirated it once before but my computer blew up since.

I have located Shadowrun (for free) and will link you to it if you're interested.
Sure! That would be very helpful!

Now I must admit. I'm not familiar with the shadowrun system. Haven't played it before.

Most of my experience has been with Palladium and Exalted systems.

Now I must admit. I'm not familiar with the shadowrun system. Haven't played it before.

I'll PM you!
And...um, I've played it three times several years ago, I don't exactly remember much.:D

I'll PM you!
And...um, I've played it three times several years ago, I don't exactly remember much.:D

Guys, we'll be using GURPS for this RP, but if you want we can instead switch to Shadowrun 5E, I'm familiar with both. The thing is, SR5E is quite hard to play, lot's of little rules, the PC creation system it's quite long if you're using the expansion modules (about 15 books, 250 pages each). So I'll recommend we use GURPS for dice part of the RP and Shadowrun for inspiration and lore. What do you guys think? Also, if you're really intrested pitch me something you'll like this RP to focus on, bank robery, espionage, manhunting, net-running and the sort. This is shadowrun after all...

Guys, we'll be using GURPS for this RP, but if you want we can instead switch to Shadowrun 5E, I'm familiar with both. The thing is, SR5E is quite hard to play, lot's of little rules, the PC creation system it's quite long if you're using the expansion modules (about 15 books, 250 pages each). So I'll recommend we use GURPS for dice part of the RP and Shadowrun for inspiration and lore. What do you guys think? Also, if you're really intrested pitch me something you'll like this RP to focus on, bank robery, espionage, manhunting, net-running and the sort. This is shadowrun after all...

I'm fine with that, because shadowrun was complicated as fuck and I could only find it easy enough because in those one shots, we got pre-made characters. But I don't have GURPS rules so maybe you can supply those!

(Or tell me what to download, cause I have zero idea:
)

Lol I too dont really know my GURPS, so I'll trust you on whether or not it's easier.

That said, after learning Exalted, VtM, and Scion. And Rifts. I'm am fairly used to encyclopedias of mind numbing complexity at this point.

As for themes to focus on, I'd probably have better suggestions once I understand shadowrun a bit more.

I'd like to avoid encyclopedias of mind numbing complexity exactly because I've already learned too many and am just learning a new system with my real life RP group, my brain has a limited capacity :D

I'd like to avoid encyclopedias of mind numbing complexity exactly because I've already learned too many and am just learning a new system with my real life RP group, my brain has a limited capacity :D
Lol I know how that goes. It's almost as annoying as trying to play two different editions of the same game.

Lol I too dont really know my GURPS, so I'll trust you on whether or not it's easier.

That said, after learning Exalted, VtM, and Scion. And Rifts. I'm am fairly used to encyclopedias of mind numbing complexity at this point.

As for themes to focus on, I'd probably have better suggestions once I understand shadowrun a bit more.

Well, first you gotta find yourself a PC concept you'll like to follow, then we'll talk about the system.

The best examples of a Shadowrunish world I can think of right now are:
The Fifth Element, A.I., The Chronicles of Riddick, No Guns Life, Cowboy Bebop and I, Robot.

Well, first you gotta find yourself a PC concept you'll like to follow, then we'll talk about the system.

The best examples of a Shadowrunish world I can think of right now are:
The Fifth Element, A.I., The Chronicles of Riddick, No Guns Life, Cowboy Bebop and I, Robot.
Are there any kind of races to choose from?

I've never used GURPS, but I have played SR 4e & 5e, and I do like cyberpunk.

SR has a few major races: Humans, Elves, Orcs, and Trolls. If you're not familiar with SR, those are metahumans, strains of humanity with latent genes that suddenly activated when magic returned to the world. Suddenly transforming into an Orc or a Troll was a bit traumatic.

I can also recommend Blade Runner, Ghost in the Shell, the Sprawl Trilogy (Neuromancer, Count Zero, and Mona Lisa Overdrive basically defined the genre), Snow Crash, and Altered Carbon as reference material.

Last edited:
I've never used GURPS, but I have played SR 4e & 5e, and I do like cyberpunk.

SR has a few major races: Humans, Elves, Orcs, and Trolls. If you're not familiar with SR, those are metahumans, strains of humanity with latent genes that suddenly activated when magic returned to the world. Suddenly transforming into an Orc or a Troll was a bit traumatic.

I can also recommend Blade Runner, Ghost in the Shell, the Sprawl Trilogy (Neuromancer, Count Zero, and Mona Lisa Overdrive basically defined the genre), Snow Crash, and Altered Carbon as reference material.

The mods are taking quite some time to approve my previous post, but yeah, Random Word is 100% right. Anyhow, you can be almost anything really, thats the fun part of using GURPS, you got 100 points, use them as you like. If you feel like being Cyber-Sasquatch and use your psychic tricks to become the next CEO of Ares you can...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back