• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

(GURPS) Cyberpunk Campaing! (Old)

Neato burrito. Looks like some pretty good options to choose from. I do love me some classics. But a veritable cyber sasquatch also seems pretty fun. I'll definitely think of something fun. Especially if sky is the limit.

And hey, Random Word Random Word ! You gonna think about joining too?

Maybe! I don't know anything about the premise of the game yet, but I like the genre.

We haven't choose one yet, anything goes! Maybe I'll set the PCs free into the world, and let them take the initiative, giving them some hooks from time to time.You can be the bad guys, the good guys, the moral relativist guys, you name it. My only rule is that you stick together as a group, that doesn't mean you can't go solo for a while, as long it helps the main goal it's all fair game.

If you want to play trouble in terrorist town it's fine, just let me know! The sprawl can get quite rough, and everybody needs a pal to rely on, just remember that.

;)

Let's see. Some game concept ideas.... here is some off the top of my head.

1. The country is at war with a foreign power and we have been invaded. The city has been taken over and is a lost cause of being recovered. With the city in disarray and under enemy control, no one can really fight back. Sadly the home countries armies is too busy on the defensive to give any support.

However. The government. Unwilling to surrender the city without a fight, has hired a group to raise hell on the opposing power. With no oversight, how they do it is up to them. Liberate it. Burn it to the ground. Or just lead a destructive sabotage campaign. Whatever kicks the enemy where it hurts.

2. The city has just been issued a very strict quarantine and nobody knows why. People who try to leave the city are shot in sight. A mandatory curfew is in effect, violators will be shot on sight. And walls are being erected rapidly.

Time to find out what is going on. Maybe we are hired to do so, maybe we are the reason, or maybe we are just curious. Heck. Maybe all we want is to just escape.

But one thing we do know... is there has been a lot of buzz around the town's military laboratory.

3. As wars ravaged the world, and seemed never to end... the richest man in the world has organized an event that could bring about peace. A game that to the winner decides the fate of the world.

What is the event? A race. A race around the world. Millions of contestants vying to win. No rules other than you have to reach the checkpoints.

Teams are formed. Companies, nations, independent ideologues. Some teams are even sponsored by countries in return for siding with them if they win.

Any vehicle. Any weapon. Any method. Carve your swath across the world. For peace or profit or to prove you are the best.

I can easily think of some more. Just something to start us off.

Let's see. Some game concept ideas.... here is some off the top of my head.

1. The country is at war with a foreign power and we have been invaded. The city has been taken over and is a lost cause of being recovered. With the city in disarray and under enemy control, no one can really fight back. Sadly the home countries armies is too busy on the defensive to give any support.

However. The government. Unwilling to surrender the city without a fight, has hired a group to raise hell on the opposing power. With no oversight, how they do it is up to them. Liberate it. Burn it to the ground. Or just lead a destructive sabotage campaign. Whatever kicks the enemy where it hurts.

2. The city has just been issued a very strict quarantine and nobody knows why. People who try to leave the city are shot in sight. A mandatory curfew is in effect, violators will be shot on sight. And walls are being erected rapidly.

Time to find out what is going on. Maybe we are hired to do so, maybe we are the reason, or maybe we are just curious. Heck. Maybe all we want is to just escape.

But one thing we do know... is there has been a lot of buzz around the town's military laboratory.

3. As wars ravaged the world, and seemed never to end... the richest man in the world has organized an event that could bring about peace. A game that to the winner decides the fate of the world.

What is the event? A race. A race around the world. Millions of contestants vying to win. No rules other than you have to reach the checkpoints.

Teams are formed. Companies, nations, independent ideologues. Some teams are even sponsored by countries in return for siding with them if they win.

Any vehicle. Any weapon. Any method. Carve your swath across the world. For peace or profit or to prove you are the best.

I can easily think of some more. Just something to start us off.

Well thats some nice material right there, let's say we go with "1", but with a twist... In the future, 2082 to be precise, various Megacorps have acquired exterritoriality, giving them full control over their territories. You are part of an elite group assembled by the government of some nation, the UN or a rival Megacorp and you are sent there to eliminate a VIP, who remains comfortably unpunished due to the legal complications of arresting him in foreign territory. You go in naked, subsistence style! You cross the border carrying nothing but your clothes and the minimum equipment crucial for your task. If you get caught, whoever hired you will deny any affiliation.

You are assigned false identities (wageslaves working for the corp) and sent to the slums to a secured building which serves as a hub for your operations, any extra tool you need, you will have to provide it yourselves.

If you feel like hopping on this train just let me know and start thinking about what your PC might bring to the table!

Thanks D.Rex for the kickstart! S2

Still looking for PCs? I've never played GURPS, but I'd definitely be down for a near future conspirator operative campaign!

Still looking for PCs? I've never played GURPS, but I'd definitely be down for a near future conspirator operative campaign!
Sure thing! We have 3 players intrested (maybe, I dunno for sure yet), plus you, so that makes 4 total. PM me your player concept and I'll send you the GURPS manual'n'stuff.

For some reason, I stopped receiving notifications and Im only just reading this now that I came to check if it's still alive.
I'm in with any of the plots (although current situation made me like the quarantine one a bit better :D)

For some reason, I stopped receiving notifications and Im only just reading this now that I came to check if it's still alive.
I'm in with any of the plots (although current situation made me like the quarantine one a bit better :D)

Still alive! Was just coming up with concepts and the like. I believe I have my char concept fairly solidified.

And hey! This is cyberpunk. Whose to say killing a VIP wont lead to some other concept.

Like... we track him down to an underground laboratory. And in the ruccus, something happens. Boom. Quarantine. And probably for scary reasons.

-whips out a gas mask-
Ready to go!

It's getting late here but I'll PM my character concept tomorrow and check out the GURPS manual on Friday, when I don't have such a crazy schedule. Tomorrow it's work and a hiking trip for me, so I won't have time to prepare anything thorough.

Anyhow, if we're going with GURPS rules, are we using shadowrun archetypes?
/Rigger, street samurai/ Or do we discuss our abilities and then fit them on GURPS system without these blanket terms?

Anyhow, if we're going with GURPS rules, are we using shadowrun archetypes?
/Rigger, street samurai/ Or do we discuss our abilities and then fit them on GURPS system without these blanket terms?

From what I've gotten so far, less archetype, more concept and build around that.

If I would have to go with an archtype, my char fits more into a street samurai/outrigger thing.

From what I've gotten so far, less archetype, more concept and build around that.

If I would have to go with an archtype, my char fits more into a street samurai/outrigger thing.

Same, same, I am here to kill and be fast while doing so.

Lol I'm looking forward to sharing char concepts. But will have to save that for tomorrow. Heading to bed myself too.

Yep, alive and kicking! We’ve been working on the PCs today. Also <3 Mecha-Snaiku.

Lol I'm looking forward to sharing char concepts. But will have to save that for tomorrow. Heading to bed myself too.

Nu nu nu my dear friend, no metagaming allowed! When your PCs are good to go I’ll post each PC’s criminal and profesional records (Mostly general stuff, looks, and maybe one or two mcguffins about the PC), and that’s all the info you’ll get about each other! If you want to know how that gruesome scar got drawn on your pal’s face you’ll have to ask him, ingame. ;)

I thoroughly recommend this method, it builds anticipation, mystery and in some funny cases all the PCs end up having something in common!

Lol I'm too lazy to metagame. That takes work. But if mystery is the strat! Them I'm game for that too.

Also! I dont have the ability to edit the pdf for the character sheet. No computer and phone wont let me. So will need to Hunt down an app or create one on RPN that I can edit.

Lol I'm too lazy to metagame. That takes work. But if mystery is the strat! Them I'm game for that too.

Also! I dont have the ability to edit the pdf for the character sheet. No computer and phone wont let me. So will need to Hunt down an app or create one on RPN that I can edit.
Same, same

Try Adobe Reader, I use that when I'm on the move...

Also, now that we got 3 PCs, I'll ask some tough questions in the following days... :lenny:

Well, we got one PC ready to go, and another two on the works... In the meantime I'll share some stuffs!

The main flow of the game will consist of 4 steps.

Narration: In this step I’ll describe the scenery, the relevant NPC and various other bits of info.

Action: Here is where the PCs act, narrating what they’re going to do, and how they will do it, in this step you can start a conversation, interact with an PC or NPC, or announce any type of action whether it requires or not a Dice Throw. Everyone gets 1 action, and 1 Reaction.
You can use your reaction to help or interrupt a player, this will usually come with a roll and will stop you from finishing your action, if the reaction is taken after the action that is (Short sentences might be said, or minor, quick movements done). Once you said what you’re going to do, it’s permanent. (Unless you misunderstood something, or I said something wrong, in that case we can roll back the story a bit)

Dice Roll: I’ll assign a roll to each Action/Reaction and set the bonuses and difficulties accordingly. At this step, the PCs will roll 3d6, if the roll consists of an attack the PC will also roll the damage of said attack.

Outcome: I’ll narrate the outcome of each action/reaction, and the response of the environment/NPCs/PCs.

Most scenes will require little to none dice rolls, focusing mainly on RP. Combat and crucial points in the main plot will require more throws.

I’ll narrate on third person, while the players will talk in first person through their PCs. If they want to add something out of character, they will use “OOC -“.

Thanks, understandable even for my mush of a brain!
However, don't you maybe wanna consider an OOC thread for OOC stuff? That way it wouldn't clutter the game.
(Just an idea)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back