• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Gundam Battle Nexus: Virtual Dive

Characters
Here

SpaceRavens03

让燃烧的红莲,了结一切!
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
2020-04-18.png2020-04-18 (2).png
2020-04-18 (4).png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Now, it has begun at last! The 7th Gunpla Force Tournament Finals! Which force will be the one to achieve victory amongst the raging battlefield?"

2020-04-18 (5).png

Amongst the cheering crowd leaning on the railing in the safe zone, watching the match intently was a jet-black-haired individual who remained silent as fight between two forces duke it out fiercely in the massive starry void where a large asteroid-like structure floated in the middle of their conflict.

kirito-in-sword-art-online-image-source-youtubepep-anime_1605117.jpg

The "asteroid" in question is <<Solomon>>, once a military based used by the Principality of Z.E.O.N that was subsequently renamed <<Confeiti>> after it fell onto the E.F.S.F's hands. Of course, what everyone one present in the metropolis of this world, <<Gundam Battle Nexus Online>>, saw right now were merely polygons replicating environments from every Gundam series reality had presented to the living.

This world is a relatively new <<Virtual Reality Mass Multiplayer Online>> game not unlike some of the select few that had been out four years back. However, it was the first VRMMO to utilise a scanning technology that allows a player to bring their own Gunpla alongside them into the world of GBN, allowing them to fulfill their dreams of actually piloting a Mobile Suit they've made in real life out from the numerous injection-molded polystyrene frames stored within a box.

Despite the world of Gundam Battle Nexus Online being what it is: A Virtual World, the feeling of exhilaration every player present had as they witnessed the battle between two teams was very much real.

“This game sure is serious business,” the jet-black haired boy muttered to himself, “Isn't it?”

Riven Riven Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27

Last edited:
Two girls would enter the Gundam base stationed in Los Angeles, California. While it was recently built, the two couldn't wait to log in to the world of GBN.

"Wow! This place is huge!"
The girl with short black hair would say, amazed.
shinji-ikari-2671.jpg

Her companion, with magenta colored hair, and a tomboyish look would nod in agreement.
"You want to log in right now?"

lunamaria_hawke__gundam_seed_destiny__vector_by_mike_rmb_d5uwdpj-fullview.png

"Woah! Wait a minute! I didn't even build a gunpla yet! Don't I at least get a chance to see what I can work with?! "

Her friend laughed.
"You certainly are a strange one Lizzy!"

"Hey! How many times do I have to say this to you Luna?! Don't call me Lizzy!"

Luna would smack her friend in the back moving her in more of the gunpla store.

"Alright Elizabeth! "

A couple minutes later, they were looking at the various kits and paints to use in their build.

"Find anything yet?"
Luna asked Elizabeth, as she already had a Destiny Impulse Gundam kit under an arm.

"Can this work?"
Elizabeth asked, holding up a Gundam Barbatos 4th Form kit.

Luna had sparkly eyes seeing it.
"Oh my god! That's the Devil of Mars itself! I thought I'd never see one in person! "

"Is that a good thing?"

"Are you kidding me? It's the most sought after kit ever since they discontinued the line of kits! YOU HAVE TO BUILD IT!!!"
Her increased loudness, plus her sudden grabbing of both of Elizabeth's shoulders while looking like she had a crazed psychokiller look made Elizabeth jump from her skin.

A brief 30-45 minutes later, Elizabeth and Luna finished their builds.

IMG_20200417_095938.jpg

9b742887a8b7b52ab622243991d65fb9.jpg

"That is a cool looking gunpla Elizabeth!"
"Thanks... Yours looks pretty basic."
"Basic?! BASIC?!"
Uh-Oh!

"This is the Destiny Impulse Gundam! It's the combination of both Shin Asuka's Destiny Gundam and Lunamaria Hawke's Impulse Gundam! Two of the best units Combined into one with the VPS Armor, two Excalibur Swords, Two Beam Launchers, Two Armor Schneiders, and two Flash Edges! Armed for any situation, and you are calling it Basic?!"

Elizabeth was sweating.
"I'm sorry!"

After they finished applying the finishing touches to their gunpla, they two girls went to the log in area.

Playing their gunpla on the scanners, and putting on the VR equipment, Elizabeth looked towards Luna.
"See you soon!"

"Same to you!"
------------

Shinji has logged on

Elizabeth would open her eyes to find herself in the main lobby, and wearing clothes she couldn't recognize.

"I see you made it here!"
A voice behind her said, as Elizabeth turned around to see a unfamiliar girl.

a1f8d4158eb16077dad36dc863ab5d82fc97c2aa_hq.jpg

"I'm sorry... Who are you?"
"It's me, Luna! Although you should probably call people here by their Diver name. Okay Shinji?"

"Okay- Wait, then if my name and appearance changed, what's your name now?"

Hee friend would chuckle to herself before spinning around and pointing at herself dramatically.
"My name is Artoria Hawke! I'm a hero for hire!"

"Um... Okay."
She would reply, before turning away to look at the screen behind her. Artoria would gasp when she saw the symbol on her back, then recognize what her outfit was.

"Hey, Shinji-"
"Why don't we go exploring?"
"Um... Sure! Just be careful, there could be some people here who like to attack beginners."
"Right! Let's go! "

mana.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A young man in a school uniform has just stepped out of the driver's seat car with a few packages in hand, and an even smaller much younger boy hops out of the passenger seat, hugging a few more boxes close to his chest. This little boy had seemed to immediately run off even before the garage had opened, apparently more excited than was expected. "Hiro!", Visato yelled at him, making sure to close the door of the vehicle as he struggled to lock it with 2 spare fingers, "You better slow down before you fall and break that SD kit! I'm not buying you another one!"

20200420_112818.png

The student would shake his head as he went inside and dropped his things in his room, his little brother already scrambling to get tools and disappearing into his room, already tearing open the box and getting at work. "If he breaks another one mom will kill him", Visato spoke to himself with a chuckle as he went to his desk, pulling out 2 more kits as he grabbed his own tools. A total of about 5 different boxes can be seen under his desk as he opened 2 more, parts and limbs of what seemed to be a new creation sat on his desk over a mat, cut and trimmed to perfection.

As he walked in and took a seat at the desk with some paint and some new tweezers and nippers, the male gave himself a grin as he slowly pulled up and looked over his own design schematics, looking over to a kid's package once more as he began fishing his hand inside for parts.

"Alright buddy, I know we still got some more upgrades for you on the way, but at least you'll be fully put together by then."

With that, he went to work.

--------------------A bit while later--------------------
About 30 minutes to an hour has passed and Visato sits up from his desk, wiping a drop of sweat from his brow as he let's out a relieved sigh. Among the clutter of tools, parts, and trays of cut plastic lying about, there it was, a newly built Gunpla on a stand and all. He kept an excited smile at the new creation, looking down at his new friend with a look of joy.

20200420_111543.jpg
"I dare say you look absolutely fantastic my little friend!", he exclaims, clearly a bit too proud of himself as he took a few more minutes to view around and appreciate his handiwork. "Surely you can wait a few more days for the rest of your weapons and upgrades to come.. but for now, dare I say you are one dashing looking gunpla!" Visato reaches to the gunpla and takes it off of its stand, giving it a slow look around with another few satisfying nods. With that, he sticks it into his pocket and heads out of his room, yelling to the direction of Hiro's room, which sounds of tools still being used can be heard. "If mom or dad come home early, tell them I'm at the Arcade!", he yells as he hops out to his vehicle and drives off towards the Mall's arcade.

It didn't take long for him to reach the game center, finding the vr machine and immediately sticking his newfound joy onto the game scanner. As he takes a comfortable seat and sips at a bottle of water, he gives his gunpla one more joyful smile as he pulls the headset over his eyes, seeing his player name pop up into the LOG interface as he finishes logging in and watches the world change around him before his very eyes.

[PLAYER LOG IN: VSOTASHI]
[PASSWORD: **********]

[USERNAME:]

V

[GUNPLA:]
GX-9901O-BDX, BDX-Ω
As Visato spawned in a burst of blue and white light that dematerialized in bits around him within the game lobby, he took a glance at the glass of a window to see his avatar, noticing and appreciating the work of the customization of the game.

100826.jpg

He gave a look at his outfit, noticing a typical Earth Federation ensign uniform, before slipping his hands in his pockets and walking about.

"Well well, let's see what we have here to do today.."

Last edited:
“Wha- Oi! Hold on a mo-”

Out from the back of the crowd that formed from wanting to spectate the tournament match closely, "Narukaze" got "spit" out, causing him to be pushed out while soon falling onto his back. He could only close his eyes and sigh in chagrin as he laid down.

“Definitely serious business alright...”

Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 Riven Riven

Last edited:
V didn't even get a moment of clarity to see what had been going on as he saw a massive crowd of people just gathering around something. The chatter though, was enough to grab his attention as a person was practically thrown out of the mass. He couldn't help but chuckle slightly as he observed the outcasted player was thrown out and simply gave up as he lied on the ground.

V walked over, a grin and still chuckling as he offered a hand while kneeling to him. "You alright? What's going on over there?"

Last edited:
“W-well, everyone there's kind of a little too over excited about the ongoing "7th Gunpla Force Tournament" being aired over there.”

Narukaze answered as he accepted the offer, getting back on his feet and sweeping away several nonexistent dust off his clothes.

“I only wanted to look without getting interrupted when they suddenly rushed and and started gradually shoving me back and out.”

Riven Riven

Last edited:
"Wow!"
Shinji was amazed at the scenery of the outside area. They were currently in the center of what looked like a huge futuristic city with multiple docking bays for Gundams and other MS.

"So where should we go to first? "

"There's a Gunpla Force Tournament going on if you're interested. "

"Force... Tournament?"
"Think of it like a major battle between ZAFT and the Earth Alliance."

"That sounds dangerous."

Artoria would laugh. "We'll be perfectly fine! Viewing stations won't be shot at, trust me!"

"7th Gunpla Force Tournament..?", V responds with a confused but definitely curious look. The boy helps him up and gives him a second as he dusts off figmental clutter on his attire. "I'm certainly interested on what this is..", he adds to his earlier comment as the new fellow finishes up his cleaning.

"Can't really blame people on excitement can we.", he replies with another chuckle, crossing his arms as he does so. "This fight tournament must be big huh? Sorry, little new here."

SpaceRavens03 SpaceRavens03

Last edited by a moderator:
“You could say that.” Narukaze nodded, “The finals for the Tournament just started some time ago, you could probably guess it's a battle between two of the strongest Forces in the entire game right now.”

The large screen streaming the ongoing battle revealed a team consisting a fleet of customised elite mook units lead by a player piloting a customised <<Sazabi>> versus a team that consisted of a few customised Gundam-type and customised Jegan-s lead by.....

A Leo. Apparently.

“A "Force" is essentially a guild in GBN-terms.” Narukaze explained, “The match right now is a "Flag MS" Battle where an opposing team has to destroy the marked enemy player hidden among their teammates.”

Riven Riven

V had turned his head to the direction of the screen, watching this battle take place. It was, marvelous to say the least, this army of Mooks lead by a Sazabi he was expecting was the commando unit, assaulting this army of Jegans being led by.. a Leo? V scratched and rubbed his eyes as he stared at the opposing team's commando Unit, a Leo. Really. He left his mouth open in disbelief as he watched the battle unfold.

"Wow, that's just crazy to believe and watch..", V replies in a mutter, still lost in thought as he watched it all.

Quite unbelievably enough, the Leo in question, despite looking the standard memetic-ally horrendous Mobile Suit in the entire Gundam franchise, actually demonstrates a terrifying display of pure skill in leading its less-inferior teammates and also taking down several enemy Gunpla-s on its own. One has to wonder how deadly would the pilot of the Leo be if they were using a better model instead.

At the same time however the team consisting of elite mook units weren't as much of a pushover themselves, with one of them managing to stall two Gundams players in their own while the another elite mook player very nearly shot the aforementioned Gundam pilots down if it were not for its aim being interrupted consistently by the incoming projectiles nearly hitting it, forcing it to narrowly evade every attack while firing simultaneously.

"We're here!"
Artoria would tell Shinji, before bringing a hand up to get a better view.

Shinji looked at the battle going on, and was pretty surprised.
"How in the world is that Leo taking down a majority of the enemy team?!"

"Probably luck, and lots of work. Although... Something is strange about it."

"What do you mean? "

"I mean I don't think that's the pilots true gunpla. "

"I wonder if we can't talk to whoever it is piloting it after the battle is over."

SpaceRavens03 SpaceRavens03 Riven Riven

V kept a close eye on the Leo, sure, being one of the most weakest designed Mobile suits through all of the franchises, is shown taking a wild stand with its comrades against the superior mobile suit. Really, if whoever was piloting that was that good with a Leo, imagine an actual Gundam in their hands..

To say he was intrigued by this, is an understatement. V's eyes are now practically glued to the screen.

(I definitely had forgot about this hadn't I?)

“Well....I can't blame you for being puzzled by the Leo there.”

Narukaze spoke, his arms crossed as he too looked at the screen.

“Knowing the nature of Gunpla, it might have been secretly a sleeper-ace creation with the armour of one of the weakest MS in Gundam history.”

Artoria would make up her mind.
"When this match is over, I should ask to take the pilot on in a battle. "

"Uh... Don't you think that Leo user might be above your league?"

Artoria scratched the back of her head and laughed.

"Can't hurt to try!"

Visato would nod with a grin, watching the battle as he crossed his arms. "What I would do to get in some action", he mutters, giving his fist a satisfying punch into the palm of his other hand. "If they are really that skilled with just a Leo alone!? I would love to get in a match, Gundam vs Gundam!"

A digital alert sound suddenly rang twice at Narukaze's position, a holographic screen manifesting in front of him.

“Wha- It's time already?” He turned to look at Visato with an apologetic smile, “Sorry, got a little appointment to attend in a few minutes. You're on your own now!”

Before he could even hear a response, his finger had already tapped onto the logout button, his body dispersing into bits as he left the world of GBN.

The opposing team would soon start to pull back as if the team with the Leo was winning. However, a crimson light would soon shoot ahead of the Mook units as it would crash into the Leo, and stop in tracks with a beam saber pushed against the latter's beam weapon.

Artoria's eyes were wide in shock.

"No way! Thats-"

"A Danazine?! "

3136.jpg

The pilot in the Danazine would be smirking to herself.

"Now you have no excuse for avoiding a fight with me, do you?"

SpaceRavens03 SpaceRavens03

Visato was completely off guard with the new friend now leaving him on his own as he had logged out, the male scratching his head at how urgent Narukaze acted. Perhaps must be something important.

The sight of a new mobile suit arriving to impale the Leo, retook V's gaze once more, drawing him to the scene of combat on the screens with a bright smirk.

Man, this has been so interesting.

SpaceRavens03 SpaceRavens03 Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27

“So the enemy's ace herself arrived at long last.”

The pilot of the Leo spoke, managing to slip out of the clash between himself and the Danazine's pilot as both Mobile Suits stared optic to optic at each other.

“My sincere apologies for the delay. My attempt to surprise you with my choice of unit seemed to have been spoiled by the time your comrades arrived. Although it would seem even you had picked a particularly interesting Mobile Suit contrasting what most would've expected you to use, "Efreet".”

The pilot of the Danazine would laugh to herself.

"It's more like testing myself if anything. To get stronger, one sometimes needs to switch up their gunpla to challenge themselves. Not unlike what you're doing. "

The Danazine activated it's other Beam saber before flying at the Leo.

"Now let our date begin!"

That line caused Shinji to fall over.

"Is she really saying what I think she said? "

"No, it's just her way of saying she's ready to fight."

"Huh... So I'm guessing she is the Leo user's rival? "

Artoria nodded.

"Efreet and her rival were at it since the beginning days of GBN. If I recall, their rivalry even went back the time they still had battle tables legalized."

As Artoria recalled the past between the combatants, The Danazine clashed with the Leo, as the Mook units would be on the offensive again combatting the enemy faction's MS. Shinji could see a couple of machines resembling grunt versions of her own ms fly ahead of the Mook units and engage the enemy MS with Battle axes and battle blades.

The newcomer would continue to simply be blinded at the sight, two rivals, and their respective machines, like gods as the two clashed continuously in battle.

V would simply smile, watching these two titans in battle, just, drove him for more, an urge to join the fight. As the adolescent kept his gaze on the screen, he continues to watch closely with each maneuver and each little detail of battle.

The thrill, the excitement, the adrenaline, he wanted it all. Just to feel it.

“A date starting with a waltz between us you say? Then I shall gladly oblige and participate!”

The Leo's pilot responded boisterously, wearing a wholeheartedly enlivened grin as his mobile suit clashed blades with the Danazine. Among the rest of the players reenacting another dogfight taking place in the starry void near the Solomon, both the Leo and Danazine's battle were instead comparable to that of a lone knight taking into the air to combat a dragon in its own game of flight.

Their performance had only caused the onlookers to let out an even bigger roar of excitement not unlike one would often hear from a sports stadium.

“That's "Graham" for you alright. He's an insane fighter no matter what Gunpla he uses!”

“Efreet's no pushover however. For all we know in this Flag MS War she could be the one beating him at long last. Nothing will stop her thirst for flawless victory after all!”

Amidst the both sides of the crowd cheering for the respective team and their ace fighter, numerous discussions on the victor soon rose simultaneously. Each point countering the other as the mounting evidence pushes the name of the possible winner further back from confirmation.

Shinji would clench her hands before talking to herself.

"I wish I was up there."

Artoria turned around to Shinji and looked puzzled.

"Are you sure? I mean, they are like the top factions here in GBN. If you were in the action, you would probably be torn up in five seconds. "

Shinji would look away with her arms crossed.

"It wouldn't hurt to try."

The battle would end with the Leo impaling the Danazine in the head, as the later had impaled the Leo in the chest, causing a double knock out and the match ending in a draw.

Visato's face had turned from one of amazement, to pure excitement. As the boy took to imagining his own mobile suit being in the same fighting scenario as he had just witnessed, he kept a grin of anticipation, opening the game menu to just cherish in his work.

When the battle had ended in a draw, V kept his eyes on his own gunpla, a bright smile as he inspected the weaponry and equipment of it. Admiring his own work, his eyes ran up and down continuously.

He had closed his menu to glance around once more with a satisfying nod, looking to the screen of the battle with a smile. One day. He will get to experience a fight like that. With that, he had opened up the menu, and logged out as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back