Experiences Guilty Pleasures

My guilty pleasure?

1.Bloody and gorey roleplays. It's my type of venting, and it actually calms me down. Nothing better than having your characters suffer! Sorry @ all of my characters at that point. And, because of that, they also often start fights with one another. (Though this does remind me of a planned scene.)
Two of my characters B and C are in the woods, chillin' on a quadbike and talking 'n stuff, to be honest nothing really special, they just wanted to explore the forest. One of my other characters A appears [I have 4, do not judge. The 4th one is at the hotel, hating his life at the pool] and somehow manages to piss off one of my characters.
Said character A then flees with his own bike and B and C decide to chase him to kick his ugly ass. B drives, C is standing on the vehicle, holding his balance and preparing a rope to pull this sucker from the bike. It works kinda good, until a takes a sharp turn and B follows, not seeing that there is a big ass branch on a tree. While B drives under it, C gets hit in the face by the branch, loses his balance and falls off the quad, while still holding on to B and ultimately drags her down from the vehicle too. Big ass Branch 1, 6'5" guy 0.
Jesus Christ the scene is so random but it made me laugh like a dumbass when I thought about it. And yes, don't worry, C survives it, he's just unconcious.

2. Mental Illness. *shrug* Decided to try to write mental illnesses. Turns out it's fantastic, as long as the mental illness does not define like 90% of the character. A lot of the roleplays I'm in have a character which is mentally ill, often schizophrenia. (Hey, ya girl needs to train.) Not even ashamed.

3. Basic, standard highschool roleplays. One of my favorite OC's got created in one, lmao.

4. I am sure this does not count as a guilty pleasure: When serious roleplays have these random scenes where everything is good for a minute or two. We've something like that planned in a kinda dark Zombie RP. After some incredibly torturous days, our characters arrive at a hotel. It literally looks like nothing has happened, except guards on the entrances. It's. So. Dumb. But our characters really deserves this shit. Random filler-arcs can be pretty funny, actually. They give me time to plan my characters plot more.

5. Zombie roleplays. Especially Multifandom.

6. Erotic Roleplay. Though I usually don't write it. But reading it is cool. I don't even know how to write that, but that's what my partner is for. While she loves ERP, I love gore. She can't write gore, I can't write ERP. It's a weird, but fitting combo.

Guilty pleasures? That's an interesting question... My guilty pleasures in RPing, are:

1. Gore
2. Blood
3. Vampires
4. Demons
5. Gothic Literature Quotes (i.e. Edgar Allen Poe, Charles Baudelaire)
6. Bad puns
7. Seductive older male characters... But that's just me, to each their own! :)

Playing characters that purposely aren't what you'd expect just to diversify it up a little and see what reactions I can provoke from other characters. It's fun, but sometimes people mistake it for trolling, so I guess it's on the list of guilty pleasures now (I just like seeing how characters react to someone outside their own demographic).

1. I'm also gonna jump on the "child characters" bandwagon. Of course, there are certain RPs where I wouldn't even consider playing anyone under 18, but I just... think I write good tweens. I find that the tropes I enjoy lend well to younger characters.
  2. Conventionally attractive characters. I know that I should branch out and be more diverse with appearances, but then I go and make another glossy-haired, fair-faced waif. I generally cycle through the same 5 or 6 faceclaims, and even when I write out descriptions they all tend to be unrealistically pretty people.
  3. Cliché, lighthearted plots. Family, Magic School, Wilderness Survival, Dorky Superhero Squad, etc.
  4. Quiet, socially awkward characters. I know that everyone hates them because they tend to be less fun to interact with, but I find it difficult to portray a character with social skills I don't personally have :ghostxx:.
  5. Character death. My absolute favorite thing in the world to write is death scenes, probably because I've been in way too many Shakespeare plays. Sometimes I intentionally create a character who is unlikely to survive the RP scenario... yeah, I'm pretty horrible that way.

Last edited:
1. Color Changing/Shifting as not only a method of camouflage, but also a way to express emotions. I know that it's a bit cliché, but it's one of my favourite traits to give to mythical characters like dragons, aliens, or anything else I can get away with. The entire idea of communicating through color and patterns fascinates me and I adore writing body language, so combining the two makes for some really fun descriptions.

2. Dragon rider or familiar RPs. There's a lot of stuff I don't like about these types of RPs, because I find that a lot of them have settings in which the animal-companions are second class citizens or are hunted and experimented on despite being fully sapient. However it's still a cool idea with lots of potential, so I still like joining.

3. DRAGONS. I can't myself—dragons are too awesome to resist. I see dragon and I want it.

4. Playing any sort of creature/monster character, especially where they don't have standard intelligence (ex. Playing a dinosaur in a Jurrassic Park/World RP would be awesome) and/or they're able to be more morally ambiguous. I love animal body language and playing around with how they might react to things differently from a human.

5. Hybrids......It's terribly cliché and they pop up all the time, but I'm still always interested.

6. Transformers. It's the same deal with dragons.

7. I don't think I'd ever play a character younger than 13, but I have a couple characters between 14-15 that I'd like to use a little more often. The whole street kid in a fantasy setting was something interesting to me, and I like the potential for character growth it provides depending on who they interact with and where they end up later in life.

Weird impossible AU to the fandoms I like, with silly humor and impossible situations. Exaggerated battles where everyone has power levels over 9000 and shout the attack names... something along these lines.

And more tame guilty pleasure - I enjoy playing kuudere type characters, regardless of their gender.

Hmmm... I guess my guilty pleasure is having a Altruistic Villain character... I kinda like playing the guy who would do something that is terrible only to reveal that I did it to do good for the current world issue or long term Greater Good..

Conventionally attractive characters. I know that I should branch out and be more diverse with appearances, but then I go and make another glossy-haired, fair-faced waif. I generally cycle through the same 5 or 6 faceclaims, and even when I write out descriptions they all tend to be unrealistically pretty people.

dude me too T.T Even those who aren't considered super attractive in their original, diverse settings are pretty or at least interesting-looking by our standards. One is super attractive by design, a couple are generally handsome/pretty/eye-catching, and basically all of them are at least somewhat attractive. Not a single unattractive character in my casts argh

Angst is my guilty pleasure. I love it so much. Give me all the angst tbh I don't even care I want all of it (as long as it's not interfering with the plot). Tragic backstories, too. Give me a character with dead parents and a burned-down hometown and nothing to their name but their talents. Maybe not all of those at once, but I'm open to people having shitty pasts, as long as it's neither brought up unnecessarily nor the entirety of the character as a person. Also, it should affect them somewhat and not be just a device to make them interesting. If your character should logically suffer from PTSD, roleplay them as showing symptoms. But please don't make them the edgelord of the century, that's no fun to roleplay with, which goes back to not making tragic events the entirety of the character.

Also ERP is so much fun to write. I have maybe one and a half characters who aren't interested in sex and I like to know everything about my characters. It's telling, what they're like at their most vulnerable (or if they're even vulnerable at all). Hangups and preferences tell me more about them. This one will kick you in the teeth if you so much as graze their nape, that one does not shut up, ever, that one's a tactician in all things. I don't roleplay it on-site, I hardly roleplay it at all these days, but a well-written scene is really just a sight to behold.

Also, growing up with books where teenagers save the world gave me a love of characters in their early to mid-twenties who are smart, competent or talented beyond their years. I make it a point to have their areas of strength/expertise be part of their lives and not just have them go "I never, ever practice but I'm one of the best swordsmen in the kingdom lol #gifted". I tend to go more for "We all go through the Queen's army in my family, my father the general and his friend the commander shoved a tiny sword into my hand the moment I could walk, and I probably practice more than I sleep tbh" which in my head is slightly better. But yeah. Wunderkinder are my jam. Give me all the prodigies.

Edit: Also, of my nine characters, I've got eight dead parents, two that never existed, and one who I'm planning to kill off. I, uh. Hmm.

Last edited:
My guilty pleasure in RP is literally everything people think is trash. The bad boys with the soft sides. The ridiculous anime tropes. Vampires. Demons and angels. Those bitter sweet romances that make your teeth rot out. Happy endings. Drama that always ends up in the favor of the main characters. Bad asses who are just giant softies.

The one thing I'm not really digging in the world of RP is the super dark backgrounds with mega, unapproachable moody characters. And characters who *always* have something going wrong with/for them.

I love the arranged marriage thing even though I have yet to create a good solid long lasting to the end one I still love the idea of two strangers forced into this marriage of obligation and whether or not they like it they have to deal with or suffer the ramifications. I also enjoy if later on they develop feelings for one another.

"Him? I can't stand anything about him. I would never love him.....but I can't imagine not having him around."

"Her? Talks entirely too much. I'm surprised she can't be heard the next continent over....still....her voice is better than most."

As much as I love original plots, I also really enjoy totally generic roleplays.

I also get the occasional craving for an Animal RP. Not anthro or anything, not fantasy. Just normal, everyday animals. And I'm not talking those wolf packs or equine ones, either. >>

I am with most people here..

battling/blood
good romance/erotic

One I didn't see posted here- playing gay male characters (I am a female).

I kinda find it embarrassing, namely because I don’t know many people willing to indulge... But I have this fascination for the kind of story where strong characters (namely mine) are unwillingly placed in a position of submission/servitude...Master/Slave such stories, where the slave is not cool with it and often tests and/or refuses limits. I don’t know why, but I really enjoy the struggle of trying to regain freedom. I don’t feel so guilty about it when the captive convinces their captor to free them... I like those, but my guilty please is in bringing my characters to the brink of defeat. I can be embarrassingly mean to my creations.

I'm hella late to the party but playing abusive/unhealthy relationships are mine. I've unfortunately had some experience with them, so I'm sure the catharsis is probably what draws me to it, but it's not really the "why" that makes me feel nervous about it.

I'm afraid to even mention it in a partner search or interest check even though it's something I've craved for a long time, because I just know people are gonna think I'm a total freak. Besides, I've found that even those who do play darker themes like that never wanna play the douche beating his girlfriend; to be fair, though, I guess it wouldn't be my first choice either.

....okay now I feel like a freak for going that far into it. ^^;

I'm a total sucker for most romantic tropes. Starcrossed lovers, opposites attract, supernatural x human? I enjoy them all.

Oddly, I would say my guilty pleasures are suuuuuuper dark RPs, and magical girl slice-of-life RPs.

I even made an angsty search thread once, but everyone abandoned me ... Except for the small group I may have slightly ghosted before launch ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back