• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Guild Quest (Interest Check - OPEN)

SleepyConley

my head hurts
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

• Guild Quest
    Are you strong enough?

Welcome to Guild Quest!

Guild Quest is DeltaScale's newest game built from the ground up, using a brand new deepdive game engine. Guild Quest is a state of the art open-world, DDMMORPG (Deepdive, massively-multiplayer-online, roleplaying game). Because of our new deepdive engine you'll actually be able to send your conscious mind into the game. Once inside, you'll actually feel like you're there. We've coded and replicated all of the human senses into the game! So yes, you'll be able to actually feel and touch things, you'll also be able to taste and smell food - like we said, you'll actually feel like you're there. Our NPC's (non-player character) have top of the line coding. We've infused them with brand new AI (artificial intelligence) integration, so every NPC will think and behave the same way as an actual human. Honestly, with the help of some very talented coders, we've been able to build our world from the ground up! What we mean by that is, our coders have coded the game with a feature (many other DDMMO's have this) known as Time Alteration. We can speed up the time, in game! So we coded NPC-AI babies and had our staff go inside Guild Quest and raise them. We taught them language and gave them books to read on how to survive. After awhile these babies managed to birth civilization! It is truly a miraculous thing we can do! These NPC-AI's have absolutely no idea they're in a game. To them it is similar to what real life is to us!

The main purpose of Guild Quest is to join a guild and compete with other guilds! The strongest guilds in the world of Guild Quest run and determine everything, they're basically the government. Guilds start out with a small plot of land. Guilds can decide what they wish to do with this land, most start their own villages and towns, promising those who live under them protection from bandits and monsters - while also charging tax. To get more land you'll have to compete with neighboring guilds! Cities will sometimes require more than one Guild to run it so alliances aren't off the table! The main guild of these cities often host tournaments, with the stronger guilds getting a place in their city! The opportunities - and battles - are truly endless.

We offer all the traditional RPG mechanics, you'll be able to choose between a large array of classes and races and level up a multitude of skills. Because this new deepdive technology has been in the spotlight before because of controversy (because people are afraid of data hacking and memory/sensory alteration), we've included a lot of fail-safe features. Both your mind and your character(s) will be stored on our servers and will have the utmost protection from hackers and other malware (you can read more into this under our terms and conditions). So, most of all, don't forget to have fun! Nothing can go wrong.

Most of all, don't forget to have fun!
    Nothing can go wrong.
    nothing can wrong
    go wrong​
    wrong​
    go ẇ̷͓͍̖̲̱̘̰̫̩̦̱͒͋̊̆̑͗̑͘͝͝r̸̡͎̝̮͖̖̥̞͚̩̜̈́ͅo̷̼̦͉͙͉͛̂̑̓͒͜͝ṋ̵̱́̋̂͘͝ģ̸̨̢͔̟̳̖̘̝̣̭̲͂͜͝​
    nothing wrong

can wrong​
    go wrong​
    w̵̱̙̫̜̣̝̯̑̈͌̅͐̔̎̉͛̒͌͒̔̐͝ ̶̰̰̩͖͉͉̦͕͔͍̇̓̈́ͅͅr̶̯͎̻̹̟͚͓̣̳̺͓͇͗̀́̈̂́̈́͌̀̕͝ ̶̢̧̰͖̬̳̤͉̲͖͉̖̆̌̎͐̈̔̊̀̈̀͗͘̕͘͜͝ö̴̡̤̖́̽̅́͊̓̓̚ ̷̡̢̬͔͖͓̰̘̟͎̗̮͍̪́̾̋̀̀̿͗̈́̽̾͌̐̈́̚͠ͅń̷̺̱̞͇͓̖̗̟̙̼̲̣͉͊̿̑̿͑͛̾͐̄͑̕͜͜ ̶̠̰̝͔̮̣̲̩̐̄͂̒̍̌̈̇̃̐͆̾͠g̸̡̛̘̈́̏̿̒̐̅̃͑̊͝​
    wrong.
    But something did go wrong. Horribly wrong. Things were good at first, but as hackers learned the deepdive code... well... the world of Guild Quest became reality. Hackers began to do small things, they'd mess with game mechanics, some would steal player gold, but some... some had other plans.

October 15th, 2206 - Total World Population is 12 billion

Almost 20 million players world-wide were logged into Guild Quest. Suddenly without warning hackers cut the link from reality and Guild Quest servers, severing the minds of those still inside from reality. Instantly all the host bodies died, while all the 20 million players that still had their minds inside, were trapped forever. During this process somehow something was broken... Maybe it was a security fail-safe that was triggered, maybe the work of the same hackers... but the game developers could no longer gain access to the game/dev/admin controls anymore. They can't update servers, they can't peak inside and monitor the situation. They lost complete and total control, the only thing the game developers can do is maintain the outside server boxes and keep them online. 20 million lives, lost forever, inside Guild Quest.

After this date, and after countless failed attempts to extract the minds or enter the game and give the players items to help them survive... the servers housing the 20 million minds were moved to a secure location, connected to backup generators. There they will rest, forever. Guild Quest, a horrible accident and the end of deepdive technology.

Last edited:
Interested, sounds like a much darker sword art online

I guess I subconsciously took inspiration from SAO lol I just finished watching it like a month ago. I just wanted something with guilds and suffering hahaha. I let my mind do the writing and here we are.

Tentatively interested, but I do have a few questions:
A) What are the post requirements in terms of length and pacing?
B) What internal systems do you have in mind for this game? Our abilities are supposed to be working inside the overall system after all.
C) How life-like are the AI here?
D) You mentioned you were going to be in control of every NPC, does this imply we could not, say, use an NPC during our posts? (not an already established or major one, just something like a shopkeeper our character interacts with during a post that we're introducing ourselves or something of the sort)

This seems like an interesting rp to take part in, any room for another one?

I'm interested as well. Seems like the plotline for SAO, but with our characters it will obviously turn out different. Also interesting to see how you will be basically turning this into an online forum DnD with how you will be determining outcomes and interactions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back