• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Guild of Heroes: Revival

Lulu "Darkness" Adamant
"Teach you...?" The boy giggled. "Hypothetically speaking, if you had more than average magic circuits... You could learn, but there is a problem." The boy turned his head shrugging with a sheepish grin. "You already know about as much as I do. My knowledge of magic doesn't extend to any length beyond what a basic book can teach you." Lulu laughed for a few seconds, then stopped once again and lied down on his back, with his arms extending upwards as they held the book. "Try asking the rainbow demon," the boy mentioned.

Gabe Gabe

Vetr "Northwind" Snorrison

"LIFT!" Vetr bellowed, as he and the two carpenters strained their muscles to lift the large, dense, heavy gate made up of Ironwood, steel, and sweat. After two minutes of grunting and shouting obscenities, the three finally give up. Taking a moment to think, Vetr quickly went over to the nearby well and began to shape the fluid into a humanoid form. After a few seconds, the Ice began to move, all the while Vetr muttered in a foreign language of sorts. After thirty seconds, the construct took on it's finished form.
222D48365405137A099D21

The lithe Female form, soon spoke in a tone that reminded one of winter, in the same language that Vetr had been mumbling, smiling down upon the frost. The two for a short time spoke. Their tones sounding as if they were reaching a compromise. After minutes of deliberation, the two nodded.
"Thank you for your help Avala. I will be sure to take care of that..." Vetr said, before pointing at the gate. The elemental of the region glided across the packed earth, and cobblestones, leaving a trail of Ice glittering in her wake. With the strength that would surprise even a giant, The elemental Avala hefted the gate and set it on its hinges. Then with a laugh, began to encase the outer gate in dense blue glacial ice. With one final look at Vetr, she spoke in that icy language before fading away.
"Gotta love Ice Elementals..."

Birdsie Birdsie

@Ami the Breadling SP3CT3R SP3CT3R HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest @Anyone Online Dumplingboy Dumplingboy Gabe Gabe Black Jade Black Jade Cheryl Cheryl Alteras Alteras Swire Swire Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel @Cosmo Cheryl Cheryl FireMaiden FireMaiden YungJazz YungJazz Proletariat Proletariat Swire Swire Captain Spooks Captain Spooks
Chapter 2: Devils Never Cry
Year: 1400-01-05 of the Imperial Calendar.
Hour: 11:14
Weather & Temperature: Cold and wet, significantly less than previously. Clean skies.

Void Ritual Report
Progress: 9.4% (2.1% progress made since end of Chapter 1)
Information:
- The being on the other side can enter people's dreams if no proper protection is in place. A dreamcatcher is good enough.
- The being on the other side can perform incursions to realspace in the form of short-term hallucinations if no proper protection is in place.
- The cultists must sacrifice mana to make progress, however, the most efficient source of it are souls. The more powerful a sacrifice is, the greater the progress will be. (100 Units of Magical Energy* - 0.002%, Mortal Soul - 0.02%, Mage's Soul - 0.1-0.8%, Demon/Angel/Celestial - (Around) 1.25%, a Demigod - 33-66%.)

*100 Units of Magical Energy is enough to power a very potent, enduring and long-lasting curse of bad luck.

As for the measurements that can vary, these are the specifics: Mage's Soul; the strength depends on quantity and quality of magic circuits that can hold and allow mana to flow through them, therefore more experienced mages make for better sacrifices. Demons, Angels, and other celestial beings are worth around 1.25% of progress, however, it can be plus, or minus that depending on the role said being had in their hierarchy. A Demigod is a living, walking well of magical energy, however, their actual worth depends on the quality of their divinity.
The Guild Members now earn 9 natural-income Silver Legates per month and different amounts of extra money for each "side-quest" they take themselves upon, depending on said quest. Side-quests can be issued by the Guildmaster (Mephisto) and are usually just some small contracts issued by the denizens of Albion. For actual worth of said capital visit the Lore section and read about the Currency System.
It has been almost one week since the Guild's awakening. Fort Black has been repaired thanks to the solid work of Vetr Snorrison, a Frost from the north. Its gates stand proud once again, and over the last week, the members of the Guild have been working to improve Albion. Due to their facilities now restarted, members can also maintain themselves with funds so thoughtfully provided by both the Guildmaster and the generous donations of the people they helped, of course, a true altruist wouldn't take money for what he does. All members are stationed in the living quarters, with small, private rooms for each member.

The seal in the middle of the Main Hall was repaired and turned into a teleportation device. Any person with a Seal of Membership can now teleport into the Fort at wish. The torches of the library are lit once again. Mephisto is sitting in his office, receiving new letters with contracts and pleas for help. But while all of that is happening, a certain sorcerer is having yet another idea at obtaining more power....

Agamemnon
"Dicunt etiam alter locus, ut furati simus de anima, sed nunquam fit homo," he read, beginning the summoning ritual. The chalk symbols before him started to glow a bright blue, filled with his mana. Now would be to forge a contract with the specific spirit he was searching for. "Alash Tad Al-Ash Tal Ashtu." The sorcerer took a step back, as a portal to the underworld opened before him. "I’chalaz Itz’rechel. Ahn’tal Ah’tan’tel. Regrezitahl Me Vaskalla Pert’ent’itzu." He chanted, then a figure came from the red-crimson portal as it closed behind that figure.

"You're not what I expected," the necromancer exclaimed in surprise. He growled, lying down the book he read from for the summoning on the ground and firing a bolt of magic at it, destroying it and commenting: "Useless."

"Can you even fight, little demon?" the necromancer said mockingly, snickering under his nose, yet visibly as it was in his tone. "You better not be a waste of time, it took a lot of mana, summoning tools and ingredients to get you here."

Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel

Meanwhile...

Mephistopheles

The freshly restored and furnished war-room was impressive. Mephisto stood on a large wooden stage, pointing a rod towards a map of the nearest, squared 170 kilometers away from Fort Black, the map contained most of the heartlands of the Empire. He circled the rod around a small area to the north, saying: "Thanks to the recent attacks, me and my spies were capable of pinpointing a theoretical location of the base of the cult, right here." After everyone took a good look, Mephisto continued. "I already have several agents there, working to find their base, however, the amount of ground is most likely too big to do so at once, so we will have to wait. What is important is that we have stopped all cult activity in Ubbin Falls, Darkling Reach, Blackbarrow and Mossgate. Thanks to our efficient response speed, we have denied them nearly all souls of mages and slew their efforts considerably."

Mephisto rose his hand, with his pointing finger up. "In addition; I'd like to thank Vetr, Nymkos and..." Mephisto giggled, then continued. "Darkness," knowing the boy didn't like his real name. Mephisto turned around with open eyes, continuing: "For helping us get the Fort running up to speed. The living quarters, gate, most of the wall and most of the inside have already been repaired, along with most of the machinery. This will let us get running very quickly. Also, I'd like to mention that the teleporter in the Main Hall has been restored. You can quite literally; teleport yourselves into the Fort by using your Seals of Membership."

"I am satisfied!" Mephisto clapped his hands together, looking directly at the people gathered at the meeting. Mephisto's voice turned wild: "In the light of our limited manpower, this is an excellent turn of events! Faaantastic! I mean, seriously people! Sanctified excrement, you did an amazing job." The demon laid the rod he used to pinpoint locations on the map down, then much more temperately asked: "Any questions?"

@WhoeverTheFuckIsPresentOnThisMeeting

Last edited:

"Aye, Could you point me towards Ice Creek Grotto. Kinda Made a deal with the local Ice Elemental." The frost said stroking his beard absentmindedly, as he gazed upon the map. "We Scour the Grotto of the bastards that evicted her, and get her moved back into her home." He explained before popping his neck. Multiple sickening cracks rang out, followed by a contented sigh, before continuing. "In return, Avala will aid in the defense of the guild. And trust me. You don't want to get on the bad side of an Ice elemental. And you couldn't ask for a more powerful ally and friend." he added with a fond smirk, remembering the Elemental that guarded his home. You did serve us well Yce... He thought before looking back up at the Impromptu Guildmaster. "Also, I have a list of materials needed for the forge." The frost smiled wryly handing the Daemon the said list.

Birdsie Birdsie

Mephisto Pheles

Mephisto took the list of materials in his hands and started reading through it, several droplets of sweat sliding down across his forehead. 'I-Is he insane?' Mephisto pondered nervously, looking up at Vetr with the corner of his field of vision, while his face remained directed towards the list. The demon thought the following, leaving his thoughts only to himself: 'With our economy, I can barely afford to give everyone an underpaid job and extra pay for quests... and he wants me to buy all this stuff. I can sense my wallet dying as I think... unless I go into the vaul-- Nonono. Don't even think about it, Mephisto. You don't need the Vault. Away from the Vault.'

The demon rose his head up from the list, looking at Vetr with a genuinely unsuspicious smile. One thing that Mephisto was good at was disguise, faking emotions and cross-dressing... don't ask. "Alright, I'll try to get this, but I'll have to wait a day to write down the right letters and prepare the pigeons, then it will take around two days for my letters with a requisition pleas to reach the woodcutters and miners, then two to three more days for them to arrive and for me to pay. So I suppose you have to wait five days." This was, of course just a clever excuse, a lie. All of these tasks could be minimized to take no more than two, or at most; three days, but Mephisto was hoping that Vetr didn't have much knowledge about running a Guild so that he wouldn't have to explain that the Guild's stand on money right now is in incredibly poor conditions. 'I was right to have made that investment in coal mining, the sweet, sweet revenue of 30 to 40 percent should come to me tomorrow.'

"As for your deal with local woodland critters... or was it an ice elemental?" Mephisto's face got sweaty again. 'Buddle and befuddle! I should have been listening to him, not thinking about our funding,' Mephisto thought. "Well, feel free to take a partner to guard your back. Choose anyone!"

"Any other questions?" Mephisto inquired.
HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest

Angra Mainyu
The figure in the Summoning Circle emerged from the ground with his arms crossed. "Hmph. Who dares summon the mi--..." He started saying, then stopping suddenly. "Oh, it's you, Agamemnon!" He exclaims cheerfully, spreading his arms with a big smile on his face. He steps out of the chalk-drawn circle, stretching his arms. "My mom talks about you all the time!" He says, winking and nudging his arm with his elbow. Then, he inspects his surroundings. "As for your question..." His expression becomes darker, "If I wasn't capable of fighting, I wouldn't have responded to your call." He says, looking down at him. He was quite tall. in fact, he was about 15cm taller than Agamemnon. He towered in front of him as he stared down into his deep, blue eyes. Then, he takes a deep breath, "Welp!" He exclaims, taking a few steps back and looking at him with his arms crossed. "Where do I start?" He asks curiously, twirling an arrow between his fingers.

Birdsie Birdsie

Artoria Adamant

The young woman had returned to Fort Black after some chores she was doing. She received word of a briefing and she immediately headed towards the War Room for the debrief and listened to Mephisto's speech. Upon hearing her brother's nickname, she smiled. 'So he is doing something useful for the Guild,' She thought to herself, then looking up at Mephisto and raising her hand. "I do have a question," She spoke out, tilting her head to the right, "What about the new recruits that might come? Who will train them?" She curiously asks. After Vetr asked his question and Mephisto responded, she took a deep breath and leaned on a nearby wall, waiting for Vetr's response, or anyone that might volunteer.

HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Birdsie Birdsie

Évelyne de Blanche

Évelyne was already shaking her head at her pay. It was barely enough for her to maintain a constant supply of bullets, and she knew that being part of the guild is gonna cut into her time as an imperial musketeer freelancer. Looks like I might have to make a new spell or something to converse on bullets. AGH! Why couldn't my father have taught me spells, not mana augmentation. In anycase, she would have to do that after the meeting. "Well, when it comes to new recruits, I can train anyone with a gun, as long as they look cute." Suddenly, Évelyne realized that she had a message to give. "I have a message from the two bartenders... I'll go ahead and read it."

"To Guildmaster Mephisto and Members of the newly revived Guild of Heroes,

Congratulations on your successful week. As the owners of Astrid's Bar, we are happy to follow our founder's wishes in aiding you with potions, alcohol, and just general entertainment in the lounge and in our bar back in Bowerstone. However due to our reputation, we must dedicate the majority of our staff to our original bar in Bowerstone. Please understand that all we have done until now is out of our founder's wishes and goodwill. The main concern is funding. The good news is that at least one of us, be it Kristina or Deon, will always be here in the fort manning the bar. Almost every potion you can think of and every alcohol you might've tasted or dreamed of, we can make. Oh and we're using that teleporter for ourselves because transporting stuff to and from our bar, which has continental fame and recognition, is quite arduous and conspicuous.

Signed, Kristina Crewe & Deon Fairclough, Co-Owners of Astrid's Bar
"

"Yep..."
Birdsie Birdsie Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel

"I'll be training the brats when i'm not off doing quests. Unless someone otherwise volunteers." Vetr Replied to Lead's older Sister. "As For the quest, Do I have any Volunteers? If not, then I'll go myself." He added leaning up against the cool stone wall of the war room. Gods I hope it's a troll. I haven't slain one of those bastards since I left the Wastes. He thought looking over the other members attending the meeting.

Birdsie Birdsie Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel

Venge F. Rigidum
Location - Fort Black - War Room

"Huh, well I suppose It's a good thing I came here with more than one thing to do. Otherwise that speech would have been a waste of time." Vena whispered to herself only loud enough for Viral to hear her. Viral was standing beside her and wasn't cloaked. Only to give the appearance that Vena was with someone else and not alone. Vena was standing at the back behind everyone. When Mephisto finished his small speech, her and Viral walked passed Mephisto heading to the Library door. As they passed, Viral told Vena "Sir, We were able to rip off the spells and sell the remaining artifacts from the festival. We were able to contain the enchantments within a spell tome and within a few days should be able to create a spell that can replicate their effects."
Vena immediately turned to Viral with a annoyed face. By the time Viral saw Vena's face she realized why that was a bad time. Vena hadn't even talked to Mephisto yet, or anyone for that matter. She didn't partially want to have to waste time explaining who she was, had anyone heard that or noticed her, they might wonder who she was. Vena and Viral continued to walk toward the door.

Birdsie Birdsie

Agamemnon
The Necromancer stared at his newly acquired servant, somewhat annoyed. "I command you to go and hunt for mages and other beings with strong souls. Bring them here. Should you run into pesky adventurers or heroes - flee, as you have no chance of beating them." Agamemnon was truly a 4th wall-breaking genre savvy as he knew that fighting adventurers was not the best idea if one wished to live for long. The most you could do is stall for time when it came to that stuff. The necromancer meanwhile exclaimed. "You can have as many zombies, skeletons, and cultists as bodyguards or meatshields if you wish." The necromancer pointed out, before leaving the darkened room. "Report to me when you have anything," he lastly exclaimed as he walked through a small, tight door.

Mephisto Pheles
Mephisto watched the events unfold, then said. "Then it is settled," he exclaimed after the debates on training new members were over. 'I'm glad they are all so eager to work overtime, seeing as they earn 1 and a half Silver Legates per week. I suspect that will raise to around three by the next month.' Mephisto smiled, then after Evelyne read the latter, sighed and frowned again. "Well, that's... alright, I suppose."

"Either way, my friends!" Mephisto said, turning to everyone present. "I have matters to attend to, now. Should anyone need me, just use your Seals!" Mephisto disappeared in a pink, fluffy explosion of smoke.

HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel

Last edited:

ced80c2a89c057ea098042f7e5682315.jpg

《《The Lord of Order》》
☆☆☆☆☆
Location - Deaths Realm
Time - ???

"Damien." spoke the calm but stern voice of the Entity of Madness, Order, and Death, of which Damien had the pleasure of calling his father, in his dark padded Reaper Robe, a long black robe like jacket that only the True Shinigami were able to even touch. Damien sometimes had dreams, no, visions, of one day having the blessed robe passed on to him from his father, when he would become the head of the family, and the True Shinigami. Just like his father had when he was his age, whenever that was. As Damien in fact had no idea how old his father actually was. He had been around for a very, very long time, as he had only recently decided to bestow upon him a fragment of his Chaos, that being his son, Damien.

"Damien!" Death spoke a bit louder, causing Damien to shock out of his day-dream, and back to the Semi-Reality that was Deaths Realm. It was a sort of endless room, outside of spirit and time, that represented the Soul of Death. Damien nodded at his father, coughing to get something out of his throat, "Um . . . Yes father?"

Death sighed, raising an eyebrow, "Are you even listening to me?" Damien was unsure of how to respond, as, well, he was not listening. His father once said that Damien had the attention span of a child, of which Damien responded with a simple, "Huh?" No, Damien wasn't stupid, nor was he just mildly obnoxious. He just, well, didn't find most things to catch his eye, his drive, something to interest the hell out of him that he'd put every living cell and strand of Mana to focus on that single object or person. Well, unless it had to do with death or fighting, or chocolate. It was a guilty pleasure of his.

"I said," Death continued, raking a stern hand through his dark night hair, "Remember that one ordeal about a week ago? The one that Demonic Beast Cerberus told you to check out?" Damien squinted slightly, cocking his head, "The one you specifically told me NOT to go on a short while after that because you said it wasn't that much of a big deal?" Death chuckled slightly, shrugging. "Yeah . . . Yah see, turns out I was wrong. It's a big deal, like, a REALLY big deal. I won't go into all the details now . . . But Damien, I officially have a long term Quest that you can go on, specialty by Death himself, aren't you excited?"

Damien blinked, unsure of how to respond to his father once more. His father had been . . . Wrong? He was never wrong. Damien shook the thoughts off before they could grow to a larger extent, turning to his father. "Uh . . . Sure, I guess. What exactly do you need me to do?" Death nodded, raising a hand as images of a Guild, Fighters, Warriors, Mages, and everything in between began to play. "There were a group of people, mostly Mortals, who helped with the Dilemma. Or, close to at least. I need you to find them, a Guild as they call it. Find out exactly what happened, report back to me, and stay within their widths until I say otherwise. Understand?"

"Like a Spy?" Damien asked his father, but he shook his head. "You're only a Spy if you're on the enemy side. You, are on neither side. You, are on the side of Order, on the Side of Justice, and on the side of Balance. Remember that Son." Damien nodded at his fathers words, unsuspecting them as this was definitely knew to him. Why was his father speaking such words of wisdom? Was something big going to happen? It didn't feel right in the stomach of the Shinigami, but as with everything else, he cast it out of his mind as superstition, as he smiled at his father. "Yes, I understand."

Death laughed, patting the head of his son, "Good. Now go on, I'll be waiting."

After the Meeting in the War Room, Vetr had immediately made his way to his room/workshop. On his workbench was an array of plans and materials, full of complex metallurgical formulas and designs for both weapons and armour. On his bed, he had begun to pack his supplies for the quest he had decided to undertake. Potions, Bandages, food, and other basic necessities were packed into the rucksack. Silence reigned supreme in the forge, the only sounds being the crackling fires of the furnace, and the sound of his armour being donned with practiced ease.
With the last piece secured, Vetr grabbed his blade and secured the scabbard over his right shoulder. Satisfied, the Frost made his way towards the main gate, and on is way to the Ice Creek Grotto.

Birdsie Birdsie @Any one who wants to come

Nirvana Montilyet

The woman had been in the war room the entire time, though it was possible that nobody noticed her. Shs was being quiet, and just listening in on what seemed to be important information. Otherwise, Nirvana may not have shown up at all. She was exhausted really, and when everything was over, she planned on going back to her room to try to get more sleep. But if those nightmares kept happening, there was a chance that wasn't gonna happen.

Anyway, she listened in as much as she could, only zoning out once of twice. For the most part, she understood what was going on in their happy little world. More cult shiz, the training of new recruits, well, deciding who would train them if they happened to show up; and of course, the odd feeling their Guild Master was lying about something. But what did she know? The meeting wrapped up soon enough though, letting her retreat back to her room.

But she didn't end up taking a nap. In the few minutes it took to walk from the war room to the dark room she called hers, Nirvana decided she'd tag along with the Frost. She quickly grabbed what she would need, before jogging off to catch up with him. Luckily for her, he was only making his way up to the gate when she caught up to him. "Hey! Mind if I tag along?" HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest

Aleksander Kharzenti

Outside of the main gate of Fort Black, an elegant carriage sat waiting. Beautiful white horses in a team of four pulled it, the driver was a short, flabby man by the name of Groque. He looked partially like a toad with man flesh, his bulbous nose and wide set eyes emphasized this. Of more importance than the carriage and its driver was the man sitting inside of it.

He was a finely dressed, wealthy looking man. Everything about him was neat and fashionable. He wore a brand new tailored charcoal suit jacket over a silver paisley patterned vest. A high collared white dress shirt with a thick black tie hiding behind the vest underneath and pinstripe dress trousers. His beard and mustache were finely trimmed and maintained. It was clear that they were daily oiled and groomed, their natural lustrous shine could be the envy of even the boldest facial hair braggart. Atop his maintained and polished countenance the man donned a wool felt top hat that fell in line with the rest of his impeccable outfit. His skin, although just showing signs of a man leaving his younger days behind him, was a tanned olive color that betrayed his humble origins as a gypsy's kin. This man was Aleksander Kharzenti, the Robber Baron and Textile Monopolist of Fairfax City.

Some time ago Aleksi had received the summons of a strange voice that emanated from a strange blue amulet that he acquired in an estate auction several years ago. Not being one to abandon his life to follow a mysterious magical call, Aleksi continued to operate his businesses in Fairfax for a short while. Once he was certain that things could run smoothly without his presence, the Baron reluctantly allowed his curiosity to win the day and had his private carriage driver take him on the journey to Fort Black. It was an uneventful and dull journey that allowed him to read up on the guild, the history of heroes in Albion, and similar fairytale gunk. The whole lot of it mattered very little to him, heroes were of the past, money was the new driving force behind society. However, if the Guild was getting resurrected, he thought it would be useful to see what kind of organization it would be. It would do no good to have a bunch of powered and magical freaks running about ruining the operations of the Golden Eye in the name of 'good'.

"Say Groque, I suppose this would be the famous Fort Black?" Aleksi said.

"Believe so sir, 't least thisus whar our information 'as led us 't." The toad man replied.

"We will wait here for now Groque, see if anyone enters of leaves. If nothing happens within the hour I will approach the gate myself." Aleksi's voice displayed education and high class, though there was a minute hint that it was learned after childhood.

" 't sire, wha' if 'ts trap like we discussed early in the ride? Won you be wantin' me 't be checkin' 't out first?" Groque asked, worried about his well paying employer.

Aleksi guffawed briefly, replying coolly,"Groque I received the summons call from a voice that spoke to me through a benign stone amulet. I daresay if this is a trap we are already doomed, my good man. Sitting in the open in a carriage is not exactly the soundest strategy to avoid assailants. Besides, it would take a lot more than blade, shot, or magic to kill me. You know that."

Groque grumbled, "Aye sir I surely do know. I jus' hate't when you get like tha'. Not too fond of death or bloodshed sire."

Aleksi nodded in response and remained silent; the businessman stared out the window of his carriage up at the Fort, wondering.

Évelyne de Blanche

As the meeting ended, Évelyne picked up her paciificatuer and walked out of the room. Stopping by the Bar at Black, she waved at Deon. In the past, she found him quite adorable, actually, she still does, but he's much too young for her. Every time she's in Astrid's Bar tho, she likes to tease Deon about getting all the girls and having not decided to settle down. She paid out 2 gold Aquila and took about 25-30 mana potions off Deon's hand.

Squeezing the bunch against her bosom, Évelyne made it out to the training yard of open grass in the back and sat it down. She then took a scrap piece of wood and placed it on the far side of the courtyard. Walking back to her pile of potions, she took bullet and loaded into the barrel. Taking a stance, she took aim at the wood. Firing at it, an audible explosion could be heard, followed immediately by the sound of the bullet embedding itself in the wood. Alright, now begins my training. She picked up a mana potion chugged it down. Feeling herself charged with the extra mana, she took aim with her empty rifle once again. She began to imagine the inner workings of her rifle and how mana would flow through it. She also begin to think of the image of a bullet leaving the barrel. If a mage was carefully watching her, they sense the mana flowing out of her and pooling into the rifle and the firing chamber. She could feel the framework of a bullet forming inside chamber. After some time, she pulled the trigger, confident enough of her bullet formation. While a light of blue shot out of the muzzle, she could feel the mana bullet collapse at the impact of the firing pin.

Looks like Mana Bullet won't work like magic missiles or magic arrows when being activated by a material object. I'll have to look more into it, although I do want that physical damage. Let's just go for firing mana beams from the rifle then. Taking her position once more, she instead imagined pure and raw mana just leaving the barrel at the pull of a trigger. With that thought in mind, she forced mana into the firing chamber. Pulling the trigger once more, she actually saw a beam of blue shoot out and head straight to the wood. Only the clicking sound of the firing piston was heard, but the light was more than enough to tell her she's on the right track. Looks like it can only do magic damage. I'll need to work on increasing the power and range of it. She took another swig of the potion and repeated her process, beginning her training.

New Skill Acquired: Mana Beam
By firing a concentration of mana, a beam of it can shoot out from the gun, dealing magic damage and no physical damage.

(Open to interactions)

Last edited:
Nirvana Montilyet

The woman had been in the war room the entire time, though it was possible that nobody noticed her. Shs was being quiet, and just listening in on what seemed to be important information. Otherwise, Nirvana may not have shown up at all. She was exhausted really, and when everything was over, she planned on going back to her room to try to get more sleep. But if those nightmares kept happening, there was a chance that wasn't gonna happen.

Anyway, she listened in as much as she could, only zoning out once of twice. For the most part, she understood what was going on in their happy little world. More cult shiz, the training of new recruits, well, deciding who would train them if they happened to show up; and of course, the odd feeling their Guild Master was lying about something. But what did she know? The meeting wrapped up soon enough though, letting her retreat back to her room.

But she didn't end up taking a nap. In the few minutes it took to walk from the war room to the dark room she called hers, Nirvana decided she'd tag along with the Frost. She quickly grabbed what she would need, before jogging off to catch up with him. Luckily for her, he was only making his way up to the gate when she caught up to him. "Hey! Mind if I tag along?" HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest

Vetr looked at the newcomer skeptically before nodding. "So long as you can keep up and hold your own in a fight. I don't want to have to keep saving your ass in every conflict." The frost replied, before making his way out the gate past the rather nice carriage. Pompus pricks... wonder what they want? He thought following the road with his companion in tow, the sounds of his armour being the only noise on the road.
"Tell me, why do you want to tag along?" He asked finally breaking up the smothering silence. "If we're to be fighting side by side, I want to know about the woman I'm fighting beside." He explained as night began to settle upon the land, casting the softer shades of twilight now revealed.

Vetr looked at the newcomer skeptically before nodding. "So long as you can keep up and hold your own in a fight. I don't want to have to keep saving your ass in every conflict." The frost replied, before making his way out the gate past the rather nice carriage. Pompus pricks... wonder what they want? He thought following the road with his companion in tow, the sounds of his armour being the only noise on the road.
"Tell me, why do you want to tag along?" He asked finally breaking up the smothering silence. "If we're to be fighting side by side, I want to know about the woman I'm fighting beside." He explained as night began to settle upon the land, casting the softer shades of twilight now revealed.

Nirvana Montilyet
Her excitement dropped a little once he addressed her, like she were new at this adventuring thing. She followed after him, last the carriage as she answered, "Of course I can, I'm not a child," Shs said. Then the woman grew quiet, eyeing their surroundings. But so far, the only other people she could see were the carriage. A know, cause she peaked in the window as she walked past.

He then broke the silence, which she neither minded or enjoyed. His question was simple, and her answer, simpler. "I'm bored, yeah? All cooped up inside for a week makes gets kinda old. Even with doing the little odd jobs of whatever. So getting out and kicking some are sounds like, a really fun idea." That, and she felt like it would be a good idea to get to know how working with others works exactly.

On missions for the Black Briars, she was always on her own unless it was a raid or really big job. Even then, there was little communication between the team because they all knew how to get the job done. "Whay about you? Gaining an ally and resources the only reason you suggested this little feikd trip to the rest of the class?"

"Nay... Made a deal with the Region's Ice Elemental Avana. She helps protect the guild, and we clear out her home in Ice Creek Grotto." He replied as his eyes adjusted to the rapidly increasing darkness of the forest. In the Wastes, the nights could last up to four weeks in winter, and because of this, Frosts like Vetr had adapted to having excellent night vision. "I Have no Idea what foes we may encounter in the Grotto, but by Urd we will prevail. And gain some great loot as well." He added with a knowing smirk. "If it's Balvorines, we'll be hard pressed. But if it's trolls..." A wild smile took hold of his features as memories of his days in the Troll Slaying Guild flashed through his mind. "We'd need not worry about them."

FireMaiden FireMaiden

ced80c2a89c057ea098042f7e5682315.jpg

《《The Lord of Order》》
☆☆☆☆☆
Location - Deaths Realm
Time - ???

The transition from the Deathly Plain to the Mortal Plain was a . . . How to put it kindly, a horrific experience. The gravity increased, his head felt bigger, hell, even his mana felt strange. Pleasant was NOT a word that would be appropriate to explain the feeling of shifting ones placement on a Dimensional plain. Especially one that hasn't been touched upon for almost a decade now.

Damien groaned as he walked on his own two feet, gritting his teeth. "God dammit . . ."

Venge F. Rigidum
Location - Fort Black

Vena and Viral hadn't been noticed by Mephisto, which she enjoyed. Viral was always that kind of person, to slip up and lose her common sense, which ironically is not so common anymore. Vena walked into the vast and seemingly endless Library. To her it was a collection of culture and knowledge from years upon years of dedication. To think that something like this existed, the time and effort needed would be unimaginable. Vena was someone who was easily bored, and would lose amusement after seconds of seeing something, but this you could marvel at for years. However she didn't have years to waste her time. She walked over to the first book shelf and began figuring out how the general order of the books. She walked down several different path and looked at multiple different books. She continued to go down the library until she reached a old book. Well not crazy old but several hundred years. The book was completely black and the text was in a dark red ink.
"What is that?" Viral asked. Vena smiled and looked to VIral, "Our history. Fragmented as it may be, and mostly useless. It can offer some usefulness to us." Vena replied. Vena took a seat and for a while skimmed through the decently large book. At some point she stopped and put her finger on several lines. "Ok, I found where it is. A village to the east called Rosslyn." Viral nodded and Vena stood up and put the book back.
They both walked out of the library and out through one of the doors. Vena happened to notice a women shooting mana bullets. Vena looked interested for a moment and then lifted her hand and into the air, VIral nodded and disappeared. Vena walked up the the girl keeping just the slightest distance. She was holding a gun after all. "Gun user huh? And mana shots at that. Seems like more people are switching to guns apposed to bows, faster shots i guess. I am curious have you heard of 'Bleeding Immortality"?"
(Bleeding Immortality was a spell that was strictly used for bow members. The spell required a large amount of mana and if you missed it went to waste. However if the arrow hit then the recipient would lose and initial amount of mana and then continue to lose mana over time. Over time the spell became less used and although it was found that the spell could work with guns, almost no one used it anymore because of the need for perfect accuracy. It could also be cured by a mana healing spells. Only very specific people use it now.)
Alteras Alteras

After Mephisto explained the goings-on of the cult, everyone went off to do their own thing. Kazareth in particular, had nothing important to do, so he roamed the hallways of the fort, hoping that something would happen before he got back to his room. Nothing did. The Dragonborn was about to lock the door when he noticed a bright-red potion bottle on a table. Earlier, Kazareth was trying to create a high-level potion that involved a health potion and basilisk blood, but absentmindedly left both reagents there after getting distracted. Then, out the window, he saw Vetr heading down the road.
"Wait! Slow down!" The Dragonborn called, trying to catch up to Nirvana and Vetr. Once he was within a few feet of them, Kazareth stopped to catch his breath, which took a good fifteen seconds. "You didn't happen to take the potion on the table on the third floor, the one in a bottle that looks like this?" Kazareth held out the health potion in question.
HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest FireMaiden FireMaiden

Évelyne de Blanche

After firing multiple rounds and going through 2 mana potions, Évelyne looked at the newcomer. A young girl, cute, but gives off too much of the "been through too much" vibe. Definitely not her taste. "Haha, this isn't so much mana shots in the same sense as a magic missile or mana arrows as it is just a launch of raw and unrefined mana. No, this is much more coarse and lacks the elegance of a Mana bullet. The only reason why it looks so clean is because it's being directed by the rifle. Think of it as a mana explosion inside a controlled environment." She took another shot, using the last of her usable mana, before looking at the girl once more. "No, Bow and Arrow are still the best when it comes to range. Guns may be faster, but they require skill to maintain a fire rate, much more accuracy. Plus you need the money for the bullets, too costly for an average person. Bleeding Heart is just one example of why bows are still in fashion. Most people who favor guns over bows do it because their ability to control mana isn't as great as a bowmen." She took another swig of a mana potion. "Sorry what's your name again?"

Swire Swire

"Nay... Made a deal with the Region's Ice Elemental Avana. She helps protect the guild, and we clear out her home in Ice Creek Grotto." He replied as his eyes adjusted to the rapidly increasing darkness of the forest. In the Wastes, the nights could last up to four weeks in winter, and because of this, Frosts like Vetr had adapted to having excellent night vision. "I Have no Idea what foes we may encounter in the Grotto, but by Urd we will prevail. And gain some great loot as well." He added with a knowing smirk. "If it's Balvorines, we'll be hard pressed. But if it's trolls..." A wild smile took hold of his features as memories of his days in the Troll Slaying Guild flashed through his mind. "We'd need not worry about them."

FireMaiden FireMaiden

Nirvana Montilyet
Upon him giving a reason, and who they may face, a smile spread across the woman's face. "Ooooooh, I hope it's trolls. I reall-FUCK!" She fell face first after tripping over a large root. "Why the fuck is it so fucking dark? God damnit, that fucking sucked!" Nirvana picked herself back up, brushed the dirt off her front, and fell back in line next to him. A voice from behind them caught her attention though, so she turned to see some guy who's name she hadn't caught yet.

Never the less, he came from the guild, and he asked her a question. Well, them. "Uh, no. I haven't been on the third floor today. And I'm pretty sure frosty here doesn't know about it either." SP3CT3R SP3CT3R

Évelyne de Blanche

After firing multiple rounds and going through 2 mana potions, Évelyne looked at the newcomer. A young girl, cute, but gives off too much of the "been through too much" vibe. Definitely not her taste. "Haha, this isn't so much mana shots in the same sense as a magic missile or mana arrows as it is just a launch of raw and unrefined mana. No, this is much more coarse and lacks the elegance of a Mana bullet. The only reason why it looks so clean is because it's being directed by the rifle. Think of it as a mana explosion inside a controlled environment." She took another shot, using the last of her usable mana, before looking at the girl once more. "No, Bow and Arrow are still the best when it comes to range. Guns may be faster, but they require skill to maintain a fire rate, much more accuracy. Plus you need the money for the bullets, too costly for an average person. Bleeding Heart is just one example of why bows are still in fashion. Most people who favor guns over bows do it because their ability to control mana isn't as great as a bowmen." She took another swig of a mana potion. "Sorry what's your name again?"

Swire Swire
Venge F. Rigidum
Location - Fort Black

"Hmm neat trick." Vena said as she watched the girl fire several more shots, this time paying attention to how the ability actually worked. "I'm not a gun user, so I don't really have much experience, however one of my closest friends is a bow user. She used to use a gun, she was even part of some musketeer group, but switched because of family tradition. And something about how the bow 'required more skill'. Personally I would take the gun, other than the range, which can be compensated with good magic, and reload time. Guns just seem better. However I do agree that the money is an issue." Vena finally noticed she hadn't introduced herself. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be rude. You may call me Vena." she said with a rather dullish smile.

Last edited:
Mephisto Pheles (& 4 Guild Knight*(meaning below the post) NPCs)
: Fort Black, 50 meters underground - Dungeon

Mephisto stood in the middle of a darkened corridor, facing forward at his enemy and surrounded by four escorts in white armor with pink decals and trim, each armed with different weapons. One of the knights had a bow, two others had swords and one in the front had a lance and a shield. They were facing off against a reasonably large army of goblins. By reasonably large, I obviously mean the type of goblin army that flooded the whole corridor, being a whole sea of living, green creatures.

"How come there's so many, though?" The Knight in front of Mephisto who held a lance and a shield asked. "Don't question it, they're about to disappear either way," answered the bowman in the back. Mephisto paid no attention to the joyful banter of his faithful companions. The demon rose his hand far above his head and top hat, giving the archer a sign to draw and prepare to fire a strong, magical arrow. The bowman, clad in white-pink armor started to draw the bow back, as his arrow started to visibly suck up the nearby mana until the arrow glew with energy of red color. The energy was volatile and unstable. "Fire!" Mephisto ordered, as the bowman released his draw and released the arrow at his enemies.

(Imagine the following part in slow-motion,)
The magical arrow left the strength of the string, propelled forward by a destructive force that created a visible spatial backlash, sending the archer's hands flying back a little bit. The arrow flew through the air, crackling and making sounds of energy. It flew above the heads of the goblins, and as it moved above them - it released red-hot lightning that hit the nearby goblins, only to be channeled onto the next ones. The goblins were burnt to crisps from the sheer force in the arrowhead, turning into soil and ash a few seconds after. The arrow devastated all of the goblins in the hallway, to then hit their leader who sat atop a throne. It penetrated his head, piercing the spot that was perfectly between his eyes and causing his head to explode with blood and gore in every direction. Upon the explosion, a blast of energy was released that killed anything that was not killed by the previous lightning.

"Good job, we are getting closer to our target." Mephisto reached out his hands to the right and left, as the knights with swords high-fived him, then did the same with the lancer and the archer.
*A small sub-faction of the Guild, comprised of only the most trusted members of it. They, unlike the rest of the Guild never disbanded, however, they are mostly made out of long-lasting races like Elves, Angels, Demons, or mortals that use life-supporting magic. They serve as Mephisto's spies, errands, and occasional task-doers.
MEANWHILE...

Lulu "Darkness" Adamant
The boy was practicing new spells, free from his service in the Forge for a while. Due to having a whole week with access to such an expansive library, he was capable of learning quite a bit of useful information.

SPELLS IMPROVED: Telekinesis, Clairvoyance, Mana Burst, Ray of Fire.
NEW SPELLS ACQUIRED: Minor Sorceries: Summon of Arms, Mind Trick.

Darkness summoned the Crimson Riot and armor. Strands of blue mana neatly collected itself around him, being drawn into his magic circuits as then his sword started to materialize in his hand, along with its sheath on his belt. His armor appeared on his body shortly afterward. The boy started to make some calculations after sheathing the sword. "That was around... 2, or 3 Units of Magical Energy... I'll have to work on that. It shouldn't go above 1 and a half."

Then, his attention was drawn elsewhere, as he heard loud musket shots and then, he saw magic. He slowly walked up to the two women, not speaking and staying quiet. He wanted to watch Evelyne do more magic, but kept quiet and without word, trying to stand politely and not interfere with the Mousquetaire's training, nor her conversation.
Alteras Alteras Swire Swire

Users who are viewing this thread

Back