• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Guild of Heroes: Revival

"I give the mother the Bread, and take the child under my wing as an apprentice. It is better to die with hope, than in despair. She would have hope for her son to survive and live on successful. Any Good parent's wish is for their offspring to succeed." Vetr Replied taking the boy's and and handing the woman the bread. "One act of kindness, can change the lives of many others. Just as one foul deed can as well. But to be perfectly honest, I would feel nothing for both. It's not that I'm without a heart, I am just unable to feel remorse. Sorrow. Guilt." The frost explained, as the scene switched to the Icy Fjords of his Homeland.

Ice and Snow whipped at the two, but none of it seemed to phase Vetr. "In the wastes, life and death are a constant. Only the strong survive and prosper, while the weak struggle and eventually die young." He continued, making his way over to an icy cliff face. "Perhaps it was one of the reasons I left. I may never know Specter." Turning to face the Man once more, his face hardened. "Now Tell me why you are here. You are in my world now. If I don't like your answer, I'll simply wake myself. And End this little conversation we're having." He threatened.

Birdsie Birdsie

Évelyne de Blanche

As she took the demon's hand, Évelyne gripped her bullets in fear and in awe at the levitation. She's only been levitated a few times, as her main mode of 'flying through the air' was letting a pierre recoil push her. As they landed, she listened to Mephisto's and took a smile. "With pleasure," she said as she assumed a stance to reduce recoil. She fired her first shot, hitting one of the knights and sending him crashing into another. Quite the amount of force pushed her make and almost made her lose her footing, so she repositioned herself and took her stance once more. Reload, and another fire, but it hit the ground, spraying dirty and cobble into the air. Another reload and a final fire punished another knight and sent two more flying. With the final shot, she quickly knelt down and pulled out three more bullets to enchant with pierre. She wasn't paying attention to the hoards of zombies and skeletons, just the knights.
Birdsie Birdsie Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel Captain Spooks Captain Spooks Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow SP3CT3R SP3CT3R

(NPC) Master of the Bar Deon Fairclough & Master of the Brew Kristina Crewe

Several carriages approached the broken fort. Around 10 people, all wearing cloaks, but none were trying to be stealthy. Looks like they just wanted to hide their identities from any onlookers. Their carriages were all filled with supplies but all covered in a tarp. As they stopped, two figures in the front walked forward. One of them, Kristina, shouted, "Um... Hello? Anyone home?" Deon began looking around. The two were there on an important task that was given to them by their founder 400 years ago.
HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Birdsie Birdsie Gabe Gabe FireMaiden FireMaiden YungJazz YungJazz

???

Before Vetr, materialized a being out of pure darkness. The shadows of the nearby trees and scarce rocks materialized like a curse, into a humanoid form of black color.
latest
The spirit's voice changed. From the previous, inviting druid, it was now a darker shade of evil itself. It was like the voice you'd expect from a vile demon that spreads misfortune wherever it pleases. A savage being of chaos that causes struggle and hardship for others, one who's lost its ideals and became foul long ago. "I admire you for control over your own mind; not many can resist an invasion of dreams from my will. My magic is true, stronger than that of any wizard." And with a mere moment, the setting once again collapsed into a dark void with nothing. Yet the voice kept talking. "I am here to discuss and question your ideals, your morality. I have noticed that you are different from the rest of them. You don't truly feel the same feelings as they do. You are just like me. We are unique. We cannot be understood."

The figure of the same shape as the dark humanoid that Vetr had seen appeared before him in the dark void, but this time in the form of blue, dark light that stood out in the shaded space. "If that answer does not satisfy you, allow me to suspend you right there." The monster took a step forward, after step forward, slowly approaching Vetr through the void. "If you attempt to wake up or nullify this spell in any other way, I will combust the forge you are sleeping in. Although my presence in the real space is very impotent at the moment, the latent sacrifices of my followers allowed me to become more... tangible. Should I indeed combust the forge, you, the boy, the drider, and a numerous host of other people who just arrived will all die within seconds from all of the force and rubble caused by the explosion. Not to mention the tremendous destruction to the landscape and the fort; that would leave the only ones protecting your world from me at a large disadvantage." The ghost stopped 5 meters from Vetr. "If you want to avoid that outcome, play my game. Only for now, of course. Once I am convinced of what I am contemplating, I will let you free and do my best not to bother you again."
HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest

(I'll wait for other people to post first, Alteras Alteras )

"You forget yourself daemon... This is my world... and their deaths won't slow me down when I come after you." Vetr Growled, as ice and snow once again whipped up from nowhere surrounding the frost. "I may be Different, but I am no means better than them. So you can go sit on an icicle and spin you fucking Milk-Drinker. And know that the Northwind is howling. And i'll be there when in comes through..." He promised, once again changing the scene to that of the Necropolis. "You are no Jack of Blades. and the fact you are trying to cow me into submission within my dreams, shows just how pathetic you are. Now... GET... THE... FUCK... OUT... OF... MY... HEAD!" he roared the last word driving an ice spike through the figures chest.

Birdsie Birdsie

???

The being responded to Vetr's first few words. "I am not a demon. You may say I am one, based on the fact I bring negativity with my presence; but put trust in my words when I tell you this: The gods and demons you revere are as extinct when put beside me."

The entity growled at Vetr he started insulting it. Then, the humanoid being tilted its head at the change of scenery, seemingly surprised. "What? How can you retain any control?" it protested against Vetr's doings. The spike of ice was driven through its chest. "I-Impossible." The figure collapsed onto the ground and dissipated into multiple, tiny, blue particles that spread all over the scenery.

Soon after, the particles reassembled into one, as the creature clearly had the willpower and energy to live on, despite what happened. "What do you profit of this defiance?" The unstable, much more volatile humanoid, once again in the shade of black grunted. You could tell, despite not being a mage, that it was just biding its time before it had to leave permanently. "Then..." The figure coughed, as some of the dark-blue light or energy flowed out of where its mouth, and wound should be - in the form of a liquid. The image was still very unstable, blinking in and out of existence and to the sides, barely capable of maintaining a hold within Vetr's mindscape. The being finished its previously begun sentence: "So be it! You will suffer! You will suffer knowing the eternal heritage of your actions! Remember the name of Turenval as you suffer in the doomed fate that awaits you." The humanoid launched itself towards Vetr, disappearing and ending the dream incursion.

Vetr would wake up, however, before that, he would see flashes of the far future. Visions that cycled through. He couldn't make anything of them, as they passed too fast. He saw rust on a knight's armor, a fallen woman bleeding on the ground, flowers on a field wilting, an explosion of red color. And then his eyes opened, and to them revealed an image of higher permanency; the ceiling above his head. He could hear the calls of a woman.
One of them, Kristina, shouted, "Um... Hello? Anyone home?" Deon began looking around. The two were there on an important task that was given to them by their founder 400 years ago.
HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest

Nymkos Telena

Nymkos worked hard at the decrepit place. Stone after stone, dust, wood and insects, but after a considerate period of time, the quarters were in working shape. The beds were still broken down, but he managed to salvage some, making some temporary fix with glue and his web. It was tiresome. So tiresome that the only thing after making this, Nymkos made a hammock with his web and slept on the middle of the quarters. He didn't slept for the whole day and the day before, travelling was hard enough without a stop, even more making breaks. Making sure traps were set, making sure that no one would see his hiding spot in the wild and never really sleeping, scared of someone going and attacking him in his sleep. He only woke up in the following day, with someone screaming at the courtyard. He opened the window, making sure that his lower side couldn't be seen. "Hello, Good morning! This is Castle Black, what's your business here?" He made a happy sigh, having a full night's rest.
Alteras Alteras Birdsie Birdsie HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest

Deon and Kristina and the hooded figures looked up toward the person greeting them from the courtyard. Suddenly Kristina broke out in a triumphant voice toward Deon. "Ha! Told you Mephisto would do it!" "Kristina!" Deon shouted back in full panic. "What?" "Ugh, I guess there's no point in hiding it now." Deon took off his cloak as did Kristina and the rest of the hooded figures. They were all in waiter's and waitress's clothes, chef's and bartender's clothes. They were quite intricate, with beautiful designs on some part of their person. Deon turned to face the man at the window and bowed. "I am Deon Fairclough, Master of the Bar." Kristina did the same. "I am Kristina Crewe, Master of the Brew." "We are the Co-Owners of Astrid's Bar. We are looking to know if the guild had been successfully revived." After some pause, Kristina spoke up to try to clear some confusion. "Ah! Perhaps you are skeptical that we mean well being, but we assure you, we only know from the Seal of Membership passed down to us from our founder." She pulled out the seal, still aglow. "Please let us know in truth whether or not the guild has been brought back together."
Birdsie Birdsie Gabe Gabe HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest

Last edited:
proxy.php

The Lusty Mare
proxy.php

"Most of the men, and a few of the women, in here would be willing to lick your boots," Ingvarr said, looking at his own cards which were.... poor, to say the least, "I love the capital," he said picking up where he left off, as he considered if he wanted to fold on the open and just sit back and watch how the knight played, "Filled with nobles who have far more coin then sense, always work to be had, even if you have to say Mi'lord all the bloody time," it was a small price to pay. Much better then hunting Minotaur, working with crazed sorcerers who had trouble seeing the difference between 'test subject' and 'mercenary'.

He leaned back in his chair as he watched the brief exchange from one of the braver no-namers and the knight, so it seemed she wasn't intended on snapping more necks, which was good, hard to swindle someone out of their coin when they were dead.. well, he could always rob their corpse, but that was neither here nor there. "Aye, take me for example, I am all but irresistible," he said waving to himself, the quirk of his lips telling how 'serious' he was about that... which wasn't at all. He was not a particularly handsome man even when he was a younger man, and he smelt awful at the moment, but, well, one always had to sell what they had, never know whom was watching.

When a No-Namer raised, Ingvarr folded. No point in trying to bluff this early. He would wait, one aquila was a small price to pay to observe the knight's own tendency and gambling habits, "Right, right, story," he said as after just remember what the knight had come for.

"So, a few years ago, I worked for a crazy sorcerer, you know, the whole 'I shall raise a legion of daemons and bring the Empire to its knees!' he said mimicking a rather high pitched voice and lifting his hands to the air as if trying to conjure something, "You know, the normal. He had some level of success, killed a village here and there, sacrificed a few virgins, and women I was sure were far from virgins, to the pits, think the biggest I saw him manage to summon was a big ol' Balor. Mean sucker. Not the most intelligent of daemons though."

Ingvarr took a sip from the rather.. high quality ale that was bought for him, the taste that didn't want to make him puke like his old rotgut did surprising him, "Anyways, inevitable, the local lords whined and complained enough and the Emperor, or maybe one of his lackeys, finally bothered themselves to do something about the upstart. Sent forth a legion to deal with him, which, really, was overkill. A cohort could have got the job done, but probably wanted something to parade about in the streets or get a nice chip on their shoulder. But legions have a way of making noise and causing ruckus, so we knew they were coming long before they arrived, and the sorcerer, oh, he was just all a giggle over it. Rubbing his little hands together, going on and on about how it was all going 'just as planned'," Ingvarr kept his eyes on the others as they played, most often the knight to see how she played.

"He had a plan, not a good one, but a plan. He was going to do some dark ritual or another and sacrifice the lives of all the legionnaires on their way and use it to fuel a portal to the abyssal plane, start his daemonic invasion," Ingvarr tapped his chin, "Which, in hindsight, would not have been the best for business as... I don't like fighting daemons. Most are too damn big and dangerous, anywho, he started to draw a massive glyph to power his ritual in special oils that burn with daemon fire, now I said to him, 'Boss, you should probably let us draw that for you,' but, hey, what do I know? Just a merc, right? Can't 'possibly understand the intricacies of his art,'... Right, because only a genius or a master wizard can fuckin' trace a picture,' Ingvarr said with a roll of his eyes.

"The legions come in, smash down the doors to his 'dark tower of darkiness', because, hey, if you want to be sneaky, you build a large dark tower in the middle of nowhere to show off how evil one is, and there he was, standing near his nice glyph, glowing with power, the big ol' balor behind him looking utterly terrifying and little ol' me waiting by the back door, which was more of a little teleportation pad but you know what I mean, cause none of this was going to end well," Ingvarr paused to take another drink, "And sure as shite, he starts up his chanting, the legionnaire runs forth to try and stop him, and the sorcerer starts firing hellfire out of his hands..."

"Now, lads and lady, I am sure you recall he had spent the entire day drawing on the ground in a special oil... an oil... that burns with hellfire," Ingvarr said, smiling, "Boom, goes up light a human candle. All the oil that was on his hands, soaked into his knees and in his beard all alights, could smell burning sorcerer from yards away. He is screaming, thrashing around, rolling on the ground, wouldn't do any good, the Balor, big and dumb as he was, knew when to leave, and ah, the faces on those legionnaires as they stared at the burning sorcerer, didn't quite know what to make of it all. Last thing I saw before leaving was the Centurion coming form to poke the burning body with his baton."

Ingvarr was silent as he let that sink in, "Legion goes home to a 'heroes parade', they 'saved the day', 'saved the empire from the dastardly dark wizard, huzzah!' he said throwing up his hands, "of course, no one said that he burned himself because he was a fool. And that is the truth of the world right there, no matter how strong you are, ain't nothin' going to save you from stupidity."

@Ami the Breadling

"Aye... It's been Revived..." Vetr grumbled stepping from the forge, looking both physically and mentally drained. The encounter within his dreams truly but a strain on his energy. If the fort had been built upon one of the Ley-lines, he would have felt hardly a thing. "I take it you're all here to aide in the reconstruction of the fort itself? If so, I need any men and women whom have any skill in building, patching, crafting and overall labor. We have a lot of work to do, to get this place back up and running." he barked, back in leader mode. "Those that have culinary and cleaning skills can get the kitchens and living quarters back in shape. And don't mind Gabe. He won't kill you." he said to the others with a knowing smirk.

"Now stop standing 'round with yer thumbs up yer arses an get too it you bleedin' milksops!" he barked, before directing the workers to the store room, the builders to the gate, and the housekeepers and cooks to the guild proper. By Urd... I turned into Master of the Forge Gunjar... He thought with a small smirk, before barking off orders in Germanic "Schnell! Schnell!"

Gabe Gabe Birdsie Birdsie Alteras Alteras

The two smiled at each other. "Looks like we'll finally be able to achieve the last part of Astrid's Dream." They both turned to their team. "Alright! You heard him, divide yourselves up to the work you think best. However only Johnathan and Clara are allowed the kitchen. Go ahead and prepare lunch for the members here, assume 25 people are here." "You are allowed to use the potions of strengthening, Princess's Grace, and Rabbit's Escape, but try to save some, those are our stock. I know this isn't your usual work, but being part of Astrid's Bar means serving our founder's wishes." "Kristina and I will work on the bar itself and create more material with our alchemy. Now go!" In unison, the eight other members shouted, "Yes masters!" And in pairs, they separated. The carriages were opened and metal, wood, enchanted tools, and more came out into the open.

Deon and Kristina went their own way into the Fort, arriving at the lounge. "Looks like a good place." "Yep." Suddenly the two began to perform magic and manual labor, creating a fully furnished bar in the lounge. "Well, I was hoping Mephisto would've had the Fort repaired before we even need to set foot here." "Haha, Kristina, when has our customer ever been so proactive?" "He spent 400 years waiting!" "He spent 400 years drinking our booze." "Right, right." Soon they'll be performing more alchemy to craft more potions for the workers.
HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Gabe Gabe Birdsie Birdsie

Nymkos Telena

Nymkos yawned, undoing the hammock and discarding the silk. He gave a once over on the quarters and came down to the main hall, where the bar was forming before his eyes. He dodged a bottle flying over his head, and then went to Vetr. "So, I guess we have a lounge bar now? Oh, and the quarters are ready. It's now just a matter of ordering mattresses and new beds. Some of them were broken beyond repair, but about 10 or 15 were glued and bound by silk. I'm no carpenter, though." The drider cast a friendly glance for the newcomers, which was returned with some scared glances. He didn't mind, though. Not today. "Do you want breakfast? Until this is all done, I don't think we'll have food for the morning. C'mon, cold man, I'll make you some eggs and toast. Don't worry, I think they can handle it good enough." He called Vetr before going to the kitchen.
HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Alteras Alteras

"Don't bother Drider. We already have cooks at work." Vetr replied making his way back into his forge to collect the fittings and nails he had forged throughout most of the night. Without a word, he made his way towards the ruined gate, where a couple of carpenters set to the arduous task of cutting and shaping the dense and heavy Ironwood. The sounds of hammers, saws and chisels filled the air as the three worked. While the two carpenters worked with steel that quickly dulled from the wood, Vetr used sharpened ice, that he maintained with his natural abilities, allowing him to work nonstop.

Alteras Alteras Gabe Gabe Birdsie Birdsie

Last edited:
Lulu "Darkness" Adamant
The boy ran up the stairs and loudly shouted with excitement: "You won't believe what I found! There's the... the BIGGEST library ever under the ground! The shelves are so high that a giant wouldn't reach the top. How do they even read all this stuff? Let me show you!" The boy ran back down the stairs, hoping someone would follow him. He ran through several corridors of the basement and then opened a large pair of brass doors. As they were carried to the sides by their hinges, the huge repository of knowledge revealed itself to the eyes of whomever followed Darkness.
iH1qJNO.jpg

He stood in the frame, casting a long shadow on the ground. The boy ran inside, exploring the library's vast walls and picking up as many books about magic as he could find.
HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Gabe Gabe Alteras Alteras

Nymkos Telena

"I don't want someone cooking for me..." Nymkos mumbled under his breath. He sighed, looking at the workers finishing up the setup. Suddenly, Darkness rushed inside, talking about a library underground. "A library? Maybe... maybe they have books on..." He looked at his abdomen. "Darkness, wait for me!" he said, while running to where the boy went.

As he arrived at the library, the young mage was already with a rather tall pile of books, and taking more. He took the time to survey the place, looking at the incredible amount of books, the shelves, the broken lamps on the tables, everything. The place was so big, the 'click clack' of his arachnid feet would echo on the whole place. He then climbed a shelf, trying to find anything regarding monsters or rituals. "Darkness, if you find anything about the goddess Lolth, or something involving rituals or monsters, can you please give it to me?"

Birdsie Birdsie

Lulu "Darkness" Adamant
The young boy was lying on his chest on the stone floor, studying an ancient scripture about the basics of magecraft. His eyes were glued to the paper, but his ears were not. "I don't think I'm going anywhere anytime soon, so sure. You can count on me," the youth replied with a blissful voice that echo'ed through the halls. After he was done reading, he walked up to the nearest bookshelf, uncaringly placing the scripture in an empty slot. It glew and faded away, appearing where it should have been. "I see, that's how it works." The boy turned to Nymkos and yelled. "The library is magical, try... wishing for the book you want. Maybe it will come to you," the boy shrugged, returning to his books.

Nymkos Telena

"That's interesting..." Nymkos said, and tried thinking about a book about Lolth. Instantly, the shelf lit up, and books appeared. He took it out and examined it. The crest of the goddess illustrated the cover of one book, while other had info on all evil gods. "This is great,you don't need to search every single shelf for the book you want." He opened the book, trying to find something about his condition. "This book is all in Drow language too..." He read, page to page, looking anything relating to the ritual that he suffered. Then the other. And the other. Nothing. With a defeated sigh, he went down the shelf, the sprawled himself near Darkness. "Nothing. I guess you can't find that thing in books like this..."
Birdsie Birdsie

Location -
Fort Black

As they finished up the final details, Deon decided to follow the boy and the drider. Kristina was more attuned to alchemy and was already beginning to engrave the magic circle into the wood of the bar. As Deon reached the library, his eyes widened. "Is... This can't be..." He turned to face back into the fort and shouted, "Kristina! You might wanna see this!" In moments, Kristina came down. "What Deooo- Woah. Is this the..." "The Library of Fractional Memories." "The Library that has existed for over 5 thousand years." "Created long before the idea of the guild was even conceived." "Said to have been created by the original founders of Bowerstone..." "And allowed to be built over with the Fort so as to protect the secrets it holds. Maybe we can find..." "Astrid's Glass of the Gods!"

Deon pulled out a vial from his pocket and raised it in the air. Crushing it in the air, the liquid exploded then froze, quickly reforming into a large rod glowing bright blue. Kristina took Deon's hand and thought, "Alchemy: Glass of the Gods." Deon's torch flew out of his hand and traveled across the shelves and further in. The two raced after it. When they finally reached it, it was illuminating specifically one book. Pulling it out, the two examined the cover of the book. It was simple in design, understandable for an alchemist. It resembled more of a notebook and research portfolio than it does a collection of potions.

Opening to the first page, it wrote, "Most Powerful Potions Created, also known as the Glass of the Gods." The two in an excited rush, flipped through the pages. Each page was covered in notes and annotations. "This... These notes... the handwriting... it's..." "Master Astrid's..." The two continue to flip through the pages until stopping on one, written in the same ink, but clearly a new addition to the book. It looked like the library updated the book itself. "This... This recipe is the Angel's Chalice." They flipped the page and another set of writing was seen. "And this is the recipe for the Dragon's Ascent." "Founder Astrid did it. She made two Glass of the Gods..." The two began to cry tears of joy. Slowly the two closed the book. wiping their face. "Then all that really is left is finishing her final wishes." "Let's." With new found resolve, the two marched out of the library and back to the bar, invigorated with the knowledge of their founder's success.
Birdsie Birdsie Gabe Gabe

Nymkos Telena

Nymkos studied the duo entering the library. They talked about some deity's glass, then made some magic. The torch flew off his hand and into the deeper halls. That's a fire hazard right there, he thought. They found a book and read it, listing the names of what seemed like fancy drinks - He remembered drinking something called the Dragon's Ascent in a cheap inn on the roadside, definitely not good for the throat - and with tears in his eyes, left the library, the same way they entered. The drider, still sprawled on the floor next to Darkness, who had his face buried in a book, watched the whole exchange with a bewildered look on his face. "What... what just happened?" he said to himself, but loud enough for Darkness to hear. He shook his head and peeked at what Darkness was reading. "How hard is magic, anyway? My tribe lad lots of good spellcasters, and drows are quite proficient with magic. I can't see someone who has trouble with magic."
Alteras Alteras Birdsie Birdsie

Lulu "Darkness" Adamant
The boy momentarily looked at a drider and lectured him on what he knew himself. "The essential nature of magic is unknown. The planet is the source of all souls and all mana-- one could say it pumps the latter constantly and our souls absorb it to remain attached to our bodies. That's why it is so dangerous to continue casting after one has ran out of mana. The body wilts and cripples with remarkable speed and then rots and sometimes; turns into dust. The speed at which it happens can apparently leave one confounded - with no ideas they died until minutes, hours after, or until a reaper visits them to lead them to tbe other side." Darkness' voice sounded oddly proud.

"After the soul absorbs mana, to cast a spell all it takes is to follow several steps in this order; prepare the ritual if any, channel the knowledge of the spell into your mind to project the miracle you want to create, and here come the two hardest parts; self-hypnotise your mind into forcing mana out of your soul and into the spell, control the mana flow into it. Failure at the former stage.is acceptable and bears no consequences other than failing the spell. The latter's result varies from death of the caster, weakening, magical disease, an explosion, or rarely: actuay casting a stronger spell." Lulu sat on the ground and smiled at the drider, clearly about to finish. "To self-hypnotise, mages often use runes, or incantations and such. What is more fascinating is the last part. In order to let mana flow in and out of the soul, one needs a high quantity and quality of magic circuits that are in every soul. Sorcerers are born with them in abundance and can cast spells without thinking, while wizards develop them as time goes on. Then again, that all is purely hypothetical. As i said: the essential nature of magic is unknown." The boy returned to his books lastly mentioning: "Hope I didn't bore you."

Nymkos Telena

"Amazing. So, in theory, everyone has at least some kind of connection between the mana flow and their own spirit." He stood up just to sat better, his legs now neatly arranged along his abdomen. He took a deep breath, letting the new knowledge arrange in his mind. "And since some races are stronger than others in magic, they can be born with more of those 'magic links', or have such an attunement that they can easily create more and more of those circuits." He nodded, pleased with the lesson. He looked at the book on Lolth, the crest a permanent reminder, both in mind and in body about his condition. "I remember little stuff about the ritual that made...me. Crests of Lolth and arcane symbols littered the place, some made with paint, some with blood. The stone tablet had several circles, also filled with runes and such, and even the ceiling had those runes. I believe someone disappeared while they had me chained, turned into dust, like you said, and as soon as the runes started to light up, my mind went out." He sighed. He left the gruesome details away from the poor kid. "Can you sense those magical links? Maybe see if these circuits are broken or twisted in me? Maybe this can impact on a way to revert my body."
Birdsie Birdsie

Lulu "Darkness" Adamant
Lulu tried to make a hypothesis about said ritual, but then his thinking was interrupted by a question from Nymkos. "Well, theoretically yes, I could, but there are two issues." The boy stopped reading once again, with a face that was much more rigid than before. "The first is that it requires a very experienced mage to perform that. The magic circuits are like... like... like tunnels into and out of your soul, with close connections to the mind. They are a very delicate circuitry. Should they be damaged, you would be doomed to never use magic again. Should they be destroyed, you'd continue to exist as a husk of your former self. Your body would somewhat deteriorate, but the thing that would be damaged the most is your mind and soul. The chances of an afterlife would drop drastically and you would slowly turn insane. There are cases of a person being soulless, but their body usually has alternative, evolved ways to absorb mana that are less costful in mental and physical functions than having your circuits destroyed."

Lulu stopped speaking for a moment, then mentioned. "The inherent risk is just one problem, though. Another is that while an experienced mage can check their state and start rejuvenating your mutations back to their original state, it all depends on whether they are bodily or originate from the soul. Since you were cursed by a goddess, I suppose it is the latter, in which case it might take years, if not decades before you're back to normal. And every second of it would be rather... well, how do I put it... painful," Lulu said with a hint of remorse, clearly displeased that anyone has to go through suffering like the drider had. "All you can do is pray it is a mutation to the body, not soul, in which case it will take minutes."

Gabe Gabe

ced80c2a89c057ea098042f7e5682315.jpg

《《The Lord of Order》》
☆☆☆☆☆
(Location - Hell's Gate)

Damien tapped on his wrist, hearing the sound of his bone from under his skin hitting his nail. Satisfactory spread over his face as he heard the sound of it, knowing he was still there. His blood underneath was black, extremely dark, as it was for every Shinigami that ever existed. They weren't exactly humans, in a sense, in fact, they were more like Lord of Order, as was spoken by the Essence of time, Cronus. Damien had met it once, not him, or her. No, Time had no Gender. It was a strange thing, a new encounter, in a place unconnected, and undisturbed.

"Hey." Spoke the voice of the three headed dog, Cerberus, as he walked over to Damien. A large, dark furred, and teeth barren beast, of which was meant to guard the large doors that opened inward, leading to hell. In front of him, was the blazing River Styx, the one that was rode over on a boat to lead to the gates of hell, the boat rider being his Aunt, the sister to his father, and his "Partner", when it came to bringing people over to Hell. She was, however, nowhere to be found, as she was conversing with Death, Damiens father currently. In her place, was Minerva, a Demi-god, child of Thanatos, who had been tricked into temporarily taken the job. She sat on top of Cerberus, sighing as she looked down at me. "Oh god, the Reaper is here."

"Silence women." The beast growled, as Minerva glared at him, turning her head in anger. "Ass . . ." Damien sighed as he looked at the two, leaning against the burning walls of hellfire as he looked at them up and down, "What did you call me here for Cerbe?" Damien spoke, using the nickname he had always used for the Beast. Cerberus growled, Minerva laughing slightly as she tried to Stiffle the giggle. Cerberus turned one of his heads to bite at her, but she quickly jumped down, hiding behind Damien. Damien shook his head, "Calm down Cerbe, or would you like my father to come down here?"

"Bite me." Cerberus muttered, one of his heads glaring at me in obvious annoyance. I looked at his main head, ignoring the arrows blaring at me from all sides by the others. "What do you want Cerbe?" The Guardian gave Damien one last glare, before answering. "There are problems withing the Order of Life and Death. You Govern Life and Death, so fix it."

"Can I get some details at least?" Damien asked. Cerberus continued, "People are being resurrected from the dead, and it's distorting the balance. You Govern and Protect the laws that abide Life, Death, Chaos, Madness, and Order. So do something about it." Damien blinked, raising an eyebrow. "You're joking right? A Necromancer? Didn't they all die out a while ago?"

"I don't know, and quite frankly, I couldn't give less of a damn. Now get to work Grimm Reaper." Damien gritted his teeth, glaring at the beast. "Now you listen here you piece of shit, I've told you, it's Shini-" Before he could finish, the dog planted a paw onto his body, crushing him into the ground, and sending him out of hell. Minerva watched from a few feet away, sighing. "You could have let him get out himself." Cerberus laughed, chuckling as he turned back to the gates, "This was more efficient."

Nymkos Telena

As Darkness kept talking, Nymkos hopeful look began to dwindle. When he finished, the drider had a melancholic look on his face. "I see. If there's a small hint of chance, it'll hurt the whole way. I don't think it'll hurt more than that, though." He sighed. "In any way, if there's a chance, I'll do it. The last thing I want to do is spend the rest of my life trapped in this horrendous body." He took one book from Darkness' pile. "Is there a way that I can learn magic too? I mean, I still have drow blood, right? I may be able to do something. Would you teach me?"
Birdsie Birdsie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back