• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Guild of Heroes: Origins

full
Kyndryr, on the battlements, with the group at large.

Kyndryr wasn’t feeling very hopeful as he followed the mage out of the Inn and up to the battlements. He hadn’t missed the subtle flinch away when the satyr caught a glance at his face, despite the hood, and elected not to pursue the conversation any further. Instead, he had chosen to listen, trying to figure out what this motley group was going to do with themselves. He let the ‘psychopath’ comment by the woman with the tails... Something tickled the edge of his memory, something about foxes and mischief spirits. Kisune? No, kitsei, kitsune! That was it. Not malign per se, but prone to causing trouble for their own amusement.

His feet had moved automatically, following the mage through the town and up to their jump off point. He noted with surprise the Marquis himself preparing for battle, frowning as they moved past him. The mage and red-head were commenting about the foolishness of him risking himself in battle.

“You are both correct and both wrong,” Kyndryr said, keeping his voice low. “Should we succeed, he will be there to command a sortie to open a supply route. If we fail, well, does it really matter where he chooses to stand? I doubt the occupation of this town will be, gentle.”

Callandar "Callie" Stormbringer
"There's truth to that," Callie said, acknowledging Kyndyr's quiet words with a slight nod, even as her golden eyes scrutinized the forces arrayed against the town.

She'd been irritated by being sealed up among all these humans. Thankfully, the tavern and it's ale had been a welcome diversion and she hadn't poked the bars of her cage too earnestly. Until now. The sight of the enemy and the scale of them drew a frown from pale, beautiful features that looked like they spent a lot of time frowning. Of course, once she'd have just taken to the skies and rained down a lightning storm upon them, dropping out of the air to snatch up a dozen at a time for fun while the rest could do little more than try not to be swept away by the storm.

Now...well, storms were still possible as was lightning. But no flying, no armored hide, and every bit of risk of death if someone decided to put an arrow shaft through her.

"Don't focus on the Marquis or the town," she said, slightly louder as Callie turned to address the assembled group of adventurers. Despite her severe tone, the wizard's expression actually softened slightly as she gazed beyond them to where the man and his son were. "Our well wishes won't add a minute to their lives and thoughts of them will serve only to distract us from the task ahead. Think instead on what we must do. Kill the commander and the rest of the human rabble could very well riot and flee." If she seemed aware of how odd defining the opposition as 'human' was when she seemed to be human, Callie gave no sign of it.

"Based on my readings of the history of human warfare, I imagine our target will be located centrally, in the largest tent with the most guards. Some generals in the past used their tents as diversions and slept elsewhere but I doubt he will. He is doubtlessly confident, having this town and fortress at his mercy, knowing no relief will come. A swift strike should be effective but will require that we overwhelm his personal guard upon teleporting and then prevent him from escaping."

Callie lifted her head slightly as she looked over the group, and then sighed. "My tactical knowledge comes from books, however." In a tone of the most profound doubt, she asked "I don't imagine any of you have field experience? Commanding troops into battle?"

Lumu Muna
cute moth.jpg
Each of the group that Lumu had joined all suddenly appeared to leave together, and considering that the one promising person that could possibly lead to her learning how to get her wings back was among them, Lumu Muna, the wingless moth, followed. She didn't follow particularly stealthily, nor did she announce that she was to be coming, but there was no way she was leaving the shirtless one's side until he showed her to this master of his. Her concept of time wasn't particularly great, and his definition "busy in the country for a while" didn't sound very long to her, and thus, the somewhat tipsy, somewhat dizzy moth, walked alongside the group of warriors, in the soft robes she wore, content with waiting, as long as she eventually got what she sought so desperately.

They followed the man through empty, cobbled streets before arriving at what appeared to be a battlement surrounded by metal men holding a variety of things, most notably being one sharpening their weapon next to a younger human that appeared to be armour-less.. The conversations they were having were going too fast for Lumu to really concentrate on, so she merely watched passively, trying to catch whatever information she could, yet finding some of their words rather unfamiliar and pondering what they meant. She did, however, catch that they would be leaving soon as soon as the great incandescent sun above's rays receded into the horizon. "What a strange time to leave at.. Surely it would make more sense to go in the day when we would be able to see better..." The moth mumbled mainly to herself, huddled behind Verxi, her rather distinct unintelligence making itself known.

The red-haired woman didn't seemed to be pleased at the sight of the knight and the young man, and it appeared that the man himself didn't seem particularly pleased. The minor confrontation led to Lumu shuffling away from them farther towards the back of the group, arriving back next to the haired-goat-woman, which reminded her of a question she'd had floating in her mind since she'd chimed in on her question earlier. "What's a 'sausage'?" The moth asked, peering with curiosity at the woman that, despite having left the tavern, still smelt of the foul liquid she'd tasted, which resulted in Little Muna deciding to cover her antenna this time, rather than leaving them uncovered as before. Two of her small arms rose and grabbed the small feathers on the top of her head and stared inquisitively at the Satyr with her large black and red eyes, awaiting the answer of what the strange object she had referenced earlier which had warranted a laugh, a joke that Lumu had felt somewhat left out of, and was sure to soon rectify.
Birdsie Birdsie Epiphany Epiphany Rumble Fish Rumble Fish Reinhardt Reinhardt Fable Fable Hanarei Hanarei Tarmagon Tarmagon

Hermione "Hermy" Puckette
]
andi_concept_sketches_by_crescentvenus-d5io4bj.jpg
Hermione listened to everything that was being told. Something about teleporting or... fighting. Fighting was something Hermione was fairly unaccustomed to; weird saying as she had just headbutted someone for a slur. Still, at least this way she was actually doing something worth doing rather than living her usual existence. That and she would rather not be caught by any guards and made to do some kind of community work or rot in some dungeon. Enough of that had happened already.

As Hermione listened, taking a drink from her wineskin, a softer voice caught her attention; one asking what a "sausage" was. Hermione coughed slightly as she turned to look at the moth-like being who had asked her the question. Or at least she looked like a moth... but with no wings. The Satyr was indeed curious as to why that was but she decided against it. She never liked being asked about her tail or if her father had his way with a goat or some other bullshit that she heard over and over again while growing up... glowering at that memory, she took another sip of wine before putting it away to talk to the moth.

"It's uh.... you ever seen a man?" she stumbled over her words, "It's that hanging thing between their legs. They're all like-" she belched out loud "-super protective of 'em. I was saying the guy accidently shrank his. It uh... was pretty funny." she got a flash of it in her mind making the Satyr snigger a little. Of course, explaining the joke dampened its comedic value but hey. It was at that point where she noticed Lumu was covering her... what were they, feelers?

"...Don'tcha hear out of those?" she asked. She had seen moths before but never like this. It was... cute.

She then overheard Callie go in depth about how humans conducted attacks. The Satyr snorted in a slight laugh, "What? I prefer just runnin' in, getting em in the nuts and running off. More entertaining." she said, scratching at her hide to relief from an extremely bad itch. While she simply stood by and listened, a fly (which had been buzzing around her head for the last few minutes) landed right on her nose. Hermione almost went cross-eyed as she tried to look at it.

"...It's mockin' me. Rubbing its gross little hands together." she grumbled, totally forgetting about the seriousness of the situation. Even when she had to move around to keep her balance the little bugger would not leave! Why!? Why did flies like her so much!?

Noble Scion Noble Scion Epiphany Epiphany

Verxi
Battlements

"No battlefield experience on my part, but enough experience to know when to fold 'em," Verxi disclosed in response to Callandar's question. He gesticulated with an open hand as he spoke. "The enemy has a lot of veteran warriors. We're no match for them, so we should avoid fighting them at all costs. Our target is Verraketh. Surround him, overwhelm him, crush him." At that last word, his hand closed to portray his words.

Aunran
Battlements

"It's time," Aunran said, turning around to the team of adventurers. Aunran walked to the middle of the guardhouse, then incanted, "Mass Teleportation Circle."

Tiny droplets of blue light appeared in the area with an ambient, thrumming sound, like a low wind chime going off at a high frequency. They collected to form a thin, glowing ring on the ground, then further lines started forming within, creating a complex geometric shape. Aunran entered it.

"Please, step into the magic circle. I will provide covering fire, but I'll be preserving my mana for another teleportation spell in case something goes wrong."

Interaction: Fable Fable Reinhardt Reinhardt Hanarei Hanarei Epiphany Epiphany Noble Scion Noble Scion Tarmagon Tarmagon Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

Last edited:

Kasumi Yasashīha

Kasumi looked to Kyndryr as he corrected her pronunciation of the name. She looked at him a bit embarrassed by not being able to prenounce it quite correctly although not to the point of turning red at the very least. "Still, my apologies." She spoke bowing her head respectfully in response. It was obvious it didn't bother him that much given the extra compliment at her at the very least not being too far off in saying it correctly, but she still felt the need to make a gesture even if it was small. It was the most respectful thing to do. Failure she might be as a proper noble, she was at the very least going to try her best in playing the part. Hearing the mage mention heading out she was quick to quickly rush to follow, quick to not fall and make a scene once again on her way out.

Kasumi couldn't help but glance around as they made their way towards the ramparts. She hadn't been close to the area since the siege had started never having really got to see it first hand. It was strange to think such a setup hadn't at all even been in place when she first arrived to the city what felt like ages ago now. Still, seeing it all in place it made it clear while it hadn't served such a use in perhaps some time, it was built for the very purpose of withstanding a large assault. She couldn't help but look to Scarlet as she made a rather brash comment out loud. She looked at her not seeming very pleased by it though she didn't speak up, even as Aunran seemed to agree. For her she saw it as a sort of code of honor.... though perhaps really it was a foolish idea to begin with.

As if to somewhat rationalize her own thoughts Kyndryr spoke up along with Callie shorter in step as to justify his position in a much better context that was far better then she could of elaborated on herself. It made her glad someone else represented her own position in a much more articulate manner. Kasumi wasn't stupid but she wasn't exactly the most tactical person either. She did far better improvising and acting quickly on the spot over planning things out. Instinct tended to work for her much better then her own mind that often was clouded by self doubt in herself. At least they seemed to have some who were able plan things out and hopefully organize their assault better rather then relying sheerly on instinct like Kasumi tended to do for better or worst.

"Huh, why are you talking about sausage?" She spoke repeating it a bit confused. It seemed strange to talk about such food. It wasn't exactly a common food from where she came from. She could only recall a few instances were she had it as part of a meal. As Hermy spoke she couldn't help but look confused. Between a man's legs? Was the satyr that ridiculous? How was that description or details suppose to really tell what it was like? It only took a moment longer just as Aunran spoke up about the portal it suddenly snapped in her head what they were really talking about. Kasumi's cheeks suddenly turned bright as a wave of embarrassment filled her once again. She looked at the circle stumbling forward unable to hide her embarrassment as she saught to move herself quickly hoping to be teleported away and somehow away from the embarrassing thought.

"L... let's go! W..we got a.. .fight to win!" She spoke with her flustered nature obvious as she tried her best to hide it. She wasn't sure what was more embarrassing, realizing she had been thinking of the wrong thing in the first place or figuring out what the satyr was really talking about was.

TsJYzyB.jpg

STATUS Location: Ramparts
With: Ayasha Reinhardt Reinhardt , Hermoine Rumble Fish Rumble Fish , Callandar Epiphany Epiphany ,Lumu Noble Scion Noble Scion , Scarlet Fable Fable Kyndryr Tarmagon Tarmagon

full
Kyndryr, on the battlements, with the group at large.

"Please, step into the magic circle. I will provide covering fire, but I'll be preserving my mana for another teleportation spell in case something goes wrong."

Kyndryr immediately flipped the hood of his cloak down around his shoulders, removing any impediment to his peripheral vision as he stepped into the circle. It was fairly large, it had to be to hold the entire group, and after a moment spent orienting himself, Kyndryr faced west and went to one knee, facing outward.

"West side, covered," he said in a no-nonsense voice as he drew both of his swords. He was careful to keep his hands away from the small thorns built into the hilts of his blades. It wasn't time for the spilling of blood, not yet. He kept his left sword up in a guard position, while positioning his right hand sword down low and to the rear, partially obscured by the fall of his cloak. Any enemy would hopefully focus on the left hand sword, and not see the right until it was far too late. "Let's get this monumental sheep-screw done with."

Sadly unsurprised at the resounding lack of military experience in the group, the former dragon simply sighed and followed the mage to the battlements. At least the spell he crafted looked interesting. She'd never bothered to learn teleportation magics when she was a dragon, largely owing to the fact that she was a dragon. Now, knowing the means for moving herself through space without this clumsy monkey skinsuit could be infinitely useful. Especially for running away from this doomed town. Which begged the question; why hadn't the mage already run himself?

Humans.

At least the man with the hood and what passed for mortal mystery had some sense. Mostly. Callie wasn't terribly certain how the man could swing two swords without hitting them against each other but that wasn't her problem. "I'll cover the east side then. The rest of you, be prepared to rush our quarry." Lightning crackled over Callie's fingertips and arced between her knuckles as she readied her magic for a lethal confrontation.

So there were at least two others in this group with some semblance of sanity. Hopefully those lacking didn't get them all killed.

Verxi / Aunran
Battlefields > Enemy Camp

"In that case, south's mine," Verxi said, setting himself in place. He breathed in, trying to pace the inflow of oxygen and use it as a catalyst to spread ki into his body as a kind of mental exercise. The breath energized him, but some waste ki was drained away into the air. Not perfect, but good enough.

Aunran, standing in the center of the circle, waited for everyone to get into the spell's radius, then he incanted a single word. "Execute Teleport."

The brightness of the circle beneath their feet seemed to intensify, covering everything in light. Without even a flash, pop, or twist, or any other sound, there was a sudden change in air pressure, followed by a possibility that some people in the circle felt dizzy. And then, the light disappeared and they were outside, in the cold humid air of an autumn night. They were in a field of some kind.

In every direction except southwest, there were empty fields of shaded grass and the occasional distant forest, as well as a few unpaved roads and houses with no lights coming from within them. To the southwest, there were hundreds of little lights revealing tents and figures in armor, and further beyond that was the shape of a city surrounded by walls and illuminated within.

Aunran reported the situation hastily, "We are about a hundred meters northeast of the enemy encirclement, and well over half a kilometer away from the city. Team two teleported north, and team three teleported northwest. We believe Verraketh's tent to be somewhere in the northern part of the enemy camp, and that is where we shall strike."

Aunran then looked to the team. "Can anyone confirm we weren't noticed by the enemy?"

Verxi allowed ki to flow into his eyes. The saturation of his sight increased. It wasn't perfect night-vision, but it surpassed human vision in the dark significantly. "No change in enemy movements. Seems we weren't noticed."

"In that case, I propose we sneak into the camp and once we're close, we go for a swift shock attack," Aunran stated. "Even though I'm technically in charge here, I have zero combat experience save for spells intended for battlefield use. Therefore, I'm open to suggestions."

Fable Fable Reinhardt Reinhardt Hanarei Hanarei Epiphany Epiphany Noble Scion Noble Scion Tarmagon Tarmagon Rumble Fish Rumble Fish
operation-kill-this-motherfucker.jpg

Last edited:
The dragon in human form pondered the mage's plan before nodding agreeably. "There are my suggestions then," she said, since no one else seemed to be speaking up. "Scarlet, go first. You alone seem capable of treading somewhere without telling everyone within a mile where you are. Everyone else, follow her, follow in her footsteps and obey her if she signals for us to stop or go forward. Let me know if that instruction is too complicated for you and I'll think of a way to say it more simply."

Setting aside her poorly concealed derision, the white-haired woman lifted one hand. "I have some mastery over the wind and weather. I'll create a breeze moving towards us, so if they have any beasts in their camp that might detect our scent, they won't be able to."

"Once we get there, we continue to sneak in until we can't. Then we kill everything in our way including our target. Then we flee as if an army was chasing us. Which one will be by that point."

"Agreed?" If there were no questions or arguments, Callie motioned urgently to Scarlet to take point.

Lumu Muna
happy red eyed moth.jpg
Lumu's question was swiftly answered by the satyr that appeared to have some sort of speech impediment, deciphering the strange mixture of sounds with the words which led to an answer of her own. "I don't believe I am. Was it his sword?" Lumu pondered aloud, looking inquisitively at the hairy being beside her whilst two of her small hands continued gripping at the strange-looking 'feathers' on her head, figuring that the only thing that she'd seen hanging at least remotely near their legs was one of those large pointy things, and it seemed to fit the description of 'being protective of them'. She'd try taking one of them off their hilt and they'd most certainly not been very happy about that. "Thank you for telling me" The moth said with bright eyes and a large smile, as she tended to do when learning new things, an effect which usually tended to warrant an 'awh' sound from onlookers. She'd need to learn about why they did that at a later date, but alchemy came first, although Lumu had to admit, her pursuit of knowledge had become rather slowly as of late. Alchemy did not appear to be a very common thing, which seemed to make it all the more important she stuck with the shirtless man. The gleaming smile turned to face the samurai that seemed to be roughly the same size as her, in what Lumu was faintly aware of something that was called a 'revealing outfit'. "The hairy lady was just telling me about it, a man shrunk his in her past which she found amusing, and I wanted to learn more about such a thing. Your 'revealing outfit' looks rather pleasant tonight, although a bit cold." She moth smiled, offering what she believed to be a compliment given that their clothing was something she had heard about, and seemed to usually warrant such pleasantries as she had discovered from a few men she'd spoken with a while back.

The seemingly-rotting Satyr then proceeded to ask a question of her own, which Lumu found surprisingly strange given that humans and the number of species that were similar to them seemed to know a large variety of things. "I don't hear from these, I smell from them, and I am holding them because it's difficult to think around you with the scent you give off. The same goes for the fox-woman.. She also gives off a strange smell.". Lumu also noted the insects that seemed to be orbiting the satire, and, once more, pondered why they did that. She herself found the smell somewhat repulsing. It made her feel glad that she wasn't related to them given that following around such beings would probably be scene as inappropriate to the more knowledgeable beings, but was following a shirtless man much different? Even if it was for other reasons? Of that, the young moth was unsure.

Having been in the circle already, the teleportation was extremely sudden and somewhat nauseating for the moth. She most certainly hadn't been expecting it and suddenly found the ground very appealing as her body suddenly tried to adapt to its new surroundings. The moth fell over, the tatters of her wing muscles attempting to save her from the harsh ground by attempting to fly instinctually, and proving unsuccessful as the small girl clumsily flopped onto the ground, rushing back to her feet and sniffling slightly at the sudden reminded of what was gone, and what she was working so hard for. The smile that had lit up the moth-person's face faded away as though it had never existed, and the small creature gloomily looked at the ones giving instructions with a gentle high-pitched sigh that was faintly leaning on the idea of being audible, but not quite.

It was roughly then that Little Muna finally got around to thinking about why she was suddenly in a field, and what exactly this band of people were to be doing, but perhaps, she though, it would be better to not ask such questions, as everyone seemed to know what needed to be done as everyone began discussing a plan of sorts and heading towards the distant glimmering lights, which she had to admit, were rather attractive despite being far away. Perhaps the humanoids also felt such urges, either way, the band wanted to journey towards the night-stricken encampment in the distance. The talk of combat warranted a small bit of nervousness from the moth, yet it held back any words it might've had, given that her last suggestion hadn't been met with any answer, despite its best intentions, instead, she slipped one of her hands into her bag and took out a small potion of endurance to help her with the walk. She'd been relying on them quite a lot with all the travelling she'd been doing, and assumed that nobody was about to carry her to the encampment. She popped the cork out of the vial's top and drank the bitter-tasting, lime-green liquid before placing the container back in her bag and awaiting for them to set off.
Birdsie Birdsie Epiphany Epiphany Rumble Fish Rumble Fish Reinhardt Reinhardt Fable Fable Hanarei Hanarei

[div class=fyuriwrapper][div class=img]
yqUsi3n.png
[div class=inventory]
Inventory
-
Weapons/Armor
  • Leather Armor
  • Cloak
  • Bow
  • Quiver
  • Variety of Arrows
  • Two Swords (Dual Wield)
Items
  • "Lucky" Dice
  • Lucky Coin
  • Thieves' Tools
  • Small Bag
Companionship
-
Neutral
  • Hermy
  • Callie
  • Vexri
  • Lumu
  • Ayasha
  • Kyndryr
  • Kasumi

[/div][/div][div class=flex][div class=text][div class=header]Scarlet[/div]
[div class=tags]Location: A tent | Interaction: Birdsie Birdsie Tarmagon Tarmagon | Nearby/Mentioned: Everyone else[/div]
Scarlet figured if Black had already been lectured about shoving himself into combat then it was his own fault if he died then going against the advice of others. So all she did was give the robbed man a shrug of 'oh well.' He just better not expect her to put her neck out there to save him from his own idiocy. It seemed the shirtless guy agreed with the idea that Black had doomed himself. The hooded guy was trying to either sound cryptic or wise, either case she didn't care. "He wants to be stupid, I'm not gonna stop him unless it prevents me from getting paid," she commented blandly. He was just a walking coin bag to her and he didn't give her a job for an escort service. The white-haired woman - Callie - agreed with him, who then seemed to be trying to tag leadership of the rag tag group. She was trying to assume tactics based on readings of previous warfare, the problem with that was anyone in the business of war would know it also, but she recognized a fault in only reading about things and never actually engaging in them at least.

As she had asked the question it seemed apparent that none had really been in a true battle before. Time for some experience then! Scarlet hadn't either, but sneaking into a guarded place was usually the same. You just needed to know how protected the place was. The more information you got beforehand the better though, such as watch swaps, guard paths, watch positions. The more you knew about a schedule the better.

The robed mage called out that it was time to proceed. Well, if trouble got out of hand, she'd cut and run. The mage began to use magic to form some weird thing on the ground which they were ordered to step onto. Here went nothing and hopefully she wasn't turned inside out when they arrived. She'd heard some awful stories about teleportations gone wrong. She casually stepped into the magic circle, turning to look at the Mage, "Cover fire will just alert them and heighten their awareness. I have a bad feeling about doing that, but who ever listens to the rogue."

The rest started calling out positions they'd watch. Scarlet wasn't going to put her neck out like that. She was better useful just separating from the group; one because she could scout and two it gave her a better chance to get out unnoticed. As they were teleported a small wave of dizziness washed over Scarlet, but nothing compared to some of her worst drunken states in which she was still fairly capable of keeping herself standing. The moment they were in the grass she automatically crouched down low.

Their target was somewhere in the northern encampment. How reliable was this intel though? Thankfully they seemed to have not been noticed popping into the field over here. Scarlet's name caught her attention as Callie said her name, saying she should go first since she was skilled enough to get in undetected. Yes, Scarlet was, but having people follow her? It'd be risky. It also meant she'd not be able to sneak away from the group unnoticed.

"The smelly one is gonna give us away," she sighed to herself, even though Callie was going to use wind magic to keep them downwind, the further they progressed the more useless that would be. "I'll go first then. You step exactly where I step. No heavy breathing, no whispering, no sneezing or coughing or wheezing. The uh.. satyr should cover the rear. Just a suggestion. Only some offense meant." The goat girl stunk and if she wasn't last the person behind her might end up throwing up and making a fuss.

Scarlet stayed low as she was and then carefully walked while crouched in the tall grass, heading to a side of a darkened tent. She paused there to listen, trying to listen in on footsteps and conversation to get an idea of where the most noise was coming from and then to carefully avoid it if it was an option. The tent sounded empty and she pulled out a blade to cut through the fabric taking a small peek in first before cutting a hole large enough for her to fit into. There was no one inside and it seemed to be a tent which seemed to just be storage of broken armor and weapons.

She made stuck her hand out of the hole she made and motioned for the others to follow after her before weaving her way through the tent to it's entrance and peeking through the flap slit. There was a pair of soldiers conversing with each other as they were on a path to walk by. Nothing really of interest regarding patrols or watches. Once they had gotten a safe distance away she cautiously expanding the opening of the tent. There was some mumbling at the one across, maybe a handful of people inside and the area was better lit. If they needed to go to the northern part of the camp, it was going to be a tricky path.

She waited till everyone was in the tent before stepping out, but not before motioning for them to wait for her in the tent. Once out and expose to the torch light, she made her way over to a less populated tent, glancing inside through the slit to see only one soldier resting within. She slipped inside and slit his throat while covering his mouth until he was still. Just as a precaution she shoved a blade into his heart. Again she used her hand to usher the others to follow her after she made sure they would have time before anyone else showed up.[/div][/div][/div]

[class=fyuriwrapper] display: flex; flex-direction: row; Flex-flow: row wrap; Justify-content: stretch; max-width:1000px; margin:auto; text-align:justify; padding:15px 0px 15px 0px; [/class] [class=img] width:300px; pointer-events:none; [/class] [class=inventory] pointer-events:auto; font-size:12px; text-align:left; line-height:10px; [/class] [class=flex] flex:1; min-width:300px; [/class] [class=header] font-family:'Berkshire Swash'; font-size:50px; margin:-10px 0 -30px 0; [/class] [class=tags] display:inline-block; font-size:12px; margin-left: 50px; [/class] [class=text] padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; font-family:'Karla'; [/class]

Verxi / Aunran
Enemy Camp

Verxi nodded and listened to Scarlet's command, prowling through the grass in an uncannily natural way behind her. It took some time, but they arrived near the enemy camp and Scarlet cut out a hole in the enemy tent, before going through. Once she motioned to go in, Verxi followed her.

He snuck up to the opening of the tent and peeked through, seeing a few soldiers conversing with each other. The camp didn't seem to be on alert.

Scarlet killed one of the enemy soldiers. Verxi was taught to be impartial to all things during his training, and this man was an enemy soldier, but he just died in vain. Death wasn't something to joke about. Verxi gave her a vicious look. "Damn it. Did you really have to do that? I could have knocked him out!"

Was he in the wrong? After all, a monk like himself was supposed not to mind something like this. So what if he died in vain? That fact should be ignored. The only way to enlightenment was to be neutral and unbiased in the face of all these things. Disconnected. For a moment, doubt lingered in Verxi's mind, but he managed to let go if it as he always did. Just when he was about to to speak again...

"There is no time for that," Aunran whispered from the side, following Scarlet. "Let's go. I've received a message from team two and three. They're nearing the camp."

Aunran didn't feel very confident with this team. They had too many weirdos, and that clumsy girl would probably fall in a comically wrong moment and alert every enemy in the camp.

Fable Fable Reinhardt Reinhardt Hanarei Hanarei Epiphany Epiphany Noble Scion Noble Scion Tarmagon Tarmagon Rumble Fish Rumble Fish

full
Kyndryr, enemy camp, with the group at large. Interacting with Verxi, Aunran and Scarlet.

The surge from the mage activating his spell was a little unsettling, but Kyndryr had felt far worse, and this transit was fairly smooth. Of course, it wasn't like they were really going all that far. Kyndryr kept his attention focused outwards, listening as the little group recovered and set about planning the best way to approach. Kyndryr had a distinct advantage when it came to moving at night, but it took a few moments for his eyes to fully adjust to the darkness around them. By the time his eyes had adjusted, giving the bodies around him a glowing reddish tinge from their internal heat, the group had come to a consensus, and the red-head was moving out. Kyndryr gave her a healthy distance, using the time to sheath his blades, then followed on silent feet, all the time spent with his father and his father's friends training making his steps sure.

As the red-head, hmm... Torch, that was what she had called herself, approached the back of a tent, Kyndryr let his gaze roam over it. Nothing stood out to his vision, but he let Torch proceed as she would. He approved of the caution she took before making a slit to enter through, nodding to himself. They might manage to survive this after all. The female mage seemed to be competent, though he had his doubts about the Marquis' man. Still, they were here with a job to do, so best be about it. Entering through the slit Torch had made, he found himself in a storage tent, probably belonging to the camps blacksmith owing to the currently broken state of much of the tents contents. Torch was watching the camp from the tents flap, and after motioning for them to remain where they were, slipped out, moving quickly to enter another tent. Moments later, she was motioning them forward. Kyndryr slipped across the path between tents behind the under-dressed Verxi and Aunran just in time to hear the idiot questioning Torch.

"Damn it. Did you really have to do that? I could have knocked him out!"

"There is no time for that," Aunran whispered from the side, following Scarlet. "Let's go. I've received a message from team two and three. They're nearing the camp."

Both of Kyndryr's swords left their sheathes in quiet whispers of steel and leather. One whispered through the air in front of Aunran while the other clove the air before Verxi before vanishing back into their respective sheathes. Kyndryr just held a finger over his lips in the universal sign for silence, hoping the chatty pair got the message. This wasn't time for... A pair of faint outlines became visible through the tent fabric as someone approached the rear of the tent. Kyndryr didn't know if they were sentries, just passing by, or possibly coming to visit the now deceased occupant of their hiding place, but he was taking no chances. Tapping Torch on the shoulder, he motioned to his eyes, then pointed two fingers at the wall of the tent, marking the progress of the pair of heat sources as they continued to move closer to the tent.

Fable Fable Birdsie Birdsie

Kasumi Yasashīha

Kasumi had heard as a few others called out directions of which they could cover, making her snap to a realization she hadn't bothered in her sense of embarrassment. Naturally by the time she had thought to speak they were already off as the mage teleported them off to their destination giving her no chance to speak up. It was probably for the best, she wasn't really the most perceptive type by default. While she could do a decent job in reacting to someone, actually spotting a foe from a distance or spotting some obvious disturbance wasn't quite in her skill set. She was more the reactive type then the proactive.

Arriving at their destination she was a little surprised by the one white haired woman being quick to recommend following the advice of more brash red haired rogue. As ditzy as Kasumi could be she could make out she was much more of a light weight combatant much like herself focused upon speed rather then raw strength. She hadn't even thought of the concept of her choice in outfit and weaponry was likely due to her being more of the 'espionage' type... or simply just that of a thief. Either way it made sense for the group to follow her. Clutzy as Kasumi was she at the very least knew something about the basics of warfare.... even if she hadn't engaged in that type of combat herself ever in her life. Her crass choice of words were something that should be ignored, granted Kasumi wasn't really the type to be quick to jump up and oppose someone upfront herself. She didn't really feel herself the worthy of making it sound as if she had any sort of moral superiority over anyone else.

She looked to Verxi in complete agreement with his stance on not killing even if Aunran seemed to disagree. It felt as if knocking the man out was a very much plausible option that hadn't been taken. While she wasn't as fervent on not killing as Verxi might be, it still was something she saw as something that was only done if absolutely necessary. Pointless bloodshed of someone, even if an enemy combatant was a waste of a life. Her head shifted glancing over Kyndryr as he tapped Scarlet's shoulder. She could tell quickly what he was signalling to as more approached the tent. She looked on, shaking her head a bit more to herself then to anyone else. It was very much possible they could simply pass by after all. Still, she lifted her hand ready on her Katana just in case, ready to strike though hoping it wouldn't come to that. The less who had to die on the way to taking out the leader, the better off things would be.

TsJYzyB.jpg

STATUS Location: Enemy Camp
With: Ayasha Reinhardt Reinhardt , Hermoine Rumble Fish Rumble Fish , Callandar Epiphany Epiphany ,Lumu Noble Scion Noble Scion , Scarlet Fable Fable Kyndryr Tarmagon Tarmagon

Last edited:
Hermione "Hermy" Puckette
]
andi_concept_sketches_by_crescentvenus-d5io4bj.jpg
"Hm. No understanding of the male biology and no filter with that. You'd be fun at a revel." she shook her head a little to rid herself of the fly. The teleportation to the camp was swift, though frankly, she could have done without the turbulence. She hardly paid attention to what was being said until Scarlett threw shade at her by saying she should stay at the back.

"Cheeky skýla." Hermione grumbled but did as she was told. She knew she had to be more careful while moving than the rest did, given her tea-plate sized hooves. She tried to keep up with the group, though the ale and wine mix was hindering her balance. It was especially hard with her quiver full of arrows as they moved across her back with every step. Why did she think was this was a good idea? She should have just stayed in the tavern. At least that way she was risking her liver rather than her life. It was the goat in her that made her want to belch out-loud. It was stupid and annoying. Oh, not for her she didnt care, but other people seemed to. All she could do was puff her cheeks and hope that would do it.

As they all clambered inside a tent, Hermy found herself being pushed to the back. She could barely see what was going on, being shoved against the wall. What she didn't realise was that her tail had slipped under the cloth. As Hermione kept silent (somehow) there was a sudden crunching sound and a rush of pain running from her dock right up her spine.

"PA-!" She bit onto one of her long ears to avoid screaming. Some miserable low-life was standing on it!? As people started moving, Hermione could only dart her eyes. Well... this was rubbish. There was talking behind her, great, he was having a full on conversation with somebody. All she could do was wait for him to shift position. Catching her moment, she yanked her tail free. It was sore and throbbing. Silently swearing, she struggled to follow the others. Yep... should have stayed in the tavern.
Noble Scion Noble Scion Fable Fable

Ducking into the tent after Scarlet, Callie came to a stop at the rogue's command. She watched with narrow eyes as, one by one, the rest of the team made their way inside. The steady breeze she'd conjured would persist for a time even after her concentration lapsed and she was grateful to withdraw it for, small of an effort as it was, it distracted her. Now, she had her full attention on the matter at hand.

"Excellent work," Callie whispered to Scarlet. In truth, she hadn't expected to make it this far without interception. The rogue had skill after all. "And no accidents," the golden-eyed woman added, glancing back at the others. Particularly at Kasumi and Hermoine. Reluctant as her tone was, there was praise there.

Kyndryr's insightful notice of passing guards was timely and Callie made circle motions with her hands, urging the rest to gather up inside the tent. In such close proximity, the satyr's presence was more unbearable than what was becoming usual but it couldn't be helped. "We seem to be the first inside the perimeter. General Aniadias Steel once wrote that camp security is always fiercest and strongest in its perimeter. He would suggest we create a diversion, allowing the other two teams to more easily pass the point of most probable detection. If you would heed his advice, I will support it by, say, setting fire to one of the other tents?"

Callie smirked. "Of course, I have no compunction of leaving the other humans to live or die on their own merits. We've disposed of one sentry thus far. Those of you with such talents are welcome to continue employing them while we work our way further in. We chose no leader and we do not have time for debate so decide, quickly, on a course of action or I'll urge these two," she glanced at Scarlet and Kyndryr, "To carry us forward now."

Verxi / Aunran

"Mm," Aunran hummed, as Callie suggested a distraction. "I have a spell. Just give me a moment." Aunran picked up a random stone that laid on the ground nearby, roughly the size of a pinecone, then he whispered, "Arcane Mark: Boom."

The stone glowed with dim red light for a brief moment, then the light washed away to reveal a glowing, red circle on it. Aunran proceeded to show the stone to the team.

"This stone, once it impacts a surface, will produce a bang that can be heard three-hundred feet away easily. In addition, it will set whatever it hits on fire and scatter some rocky dust and shrapnel around. Any good throwers in here? Satyr, I've seen you using a slingshot. Think you can chuck this somewhere out there?" he asked, looking in Hermy's direction.

Verxi noted that no one seemed to agree on his no-killing mentality, at least outwardly. With no support, he clicked his tongue and peeked outside the tent.

He saw three soldiers in a circle, arguing each other. It was hard to catch the conversation, but he caught glimpses of, 'that's stupid!' 'we have to inform... first,' 'I'm open to possibilities,' and similar words. Just a few feet away, two elite knights walked side-to-side at a very brisk, hurried pace in the direction of the camp's center.

He off-handedly mentioned, "Something's happening. The soldiers seem panicked."

Aunran explained hastily, "It's a part of the plan. Our men have set up a barricade in front of the city gate. They've probably noticed this and are on alert now."

Lumu Muna
happy red eyed moth.jpg
Lumu's attention had been somewhat waning with all the chatter going on that didn't appear to be involving the alchemy she so heavily desired, however "A revel..?" the moth pondered, before her attention was drawn back into the moment they were living through as suddenly all the voices stopped and everyone appeared to be being much more quiet all of a sudden. "Uh.. Where are we?" the moth whispered to the shirtless man, unwilling to disturb the silence after having made her way away from the satyr in search of answers from the one she had been following, suddenly shockingly aware of her current situation that she had wandered into rather blindly at the thought of regaining her wings via the shirtless man. Suddenly a little apprehensive as her gentle red eyes and black sclera scanned the darkened area around her. "God I wish it were day right now.." she mumbled, suddenly finding the lack of a sun rather terrifying, despite her night-vision.

They appeared to be in a portable building that human militaries tended to bring around with them instead of sleeping outside like her own people. She'd seen the strange structure once or twice, even munched a little bit on a few of them before being scared off by one of the guardsmen that was yelling rather rude pest-related things at them. Something about fabrics was very tantalising, and it was almost impossible to deny her instinctual need to feast upon such large pieces of canvas. This pleasant memory suddenly contrasted to her current situation, and caused her to feel somewhat anxious, and from that anxiety came hunger. Lumu followed after the red-haired woman that now featured a rather terrifying corpse, which did not help her fear at all in the slightest, alongside everyone else into the next tent.

As the little moth-girl grew slowly more worried by her new found position, instinctually, she had clambered on all six over to the nearest person of the group and began nibbling on their leggings, the one currently being held on to by the evolved insect being the dragon-turned-human herself, Callander, Despite little Lumu's cutesy appearance, her sharp teeth designed over the years especially for the purpose of consuming such fabrics, combined with her large size, ate a hole in the piece in a mere instant before finding herself once more and flopping away from the white-haired woman and scampering off into the farthest corner of the tent sheepishly, almost shocked at what she had done. Last time she'd tried eating the man had hit her most toughly on the head, and the recollection of the pain simply made the small critter shiver in fear at her own mistake as she watched in terror at what the woman might do for her transgressions, on the verge of tears for doing a wrong amidst such a terrifying scenario in an atmosphere that she had somehow found herself in that was beyond her comfort zone and into a new area entirely. "I'm sorry.." she blubbed from her corner, her eyes wettening slightly, yet she remained silent from that moment onwards, almost terrified of what could come should she truly disturb the silence that even these now menacing-looking humans didn't dare to break.
Birdsie Birdsie Epiphany Epiphany Rumble Fish Rumble Fish Reinhardt Reinhardt Fable Fable Hanarei Hanarei

[div class=fyuriwrapper][div class=img]
yqUsi3n.png
[div class=inventory]
Inventory
-
Weapons/Armor
  • Leather Armor
  • Cloak
  • Bow
  • Quiver
  • Variety of Arrows
  • Two Swords (Dual Wield)
Items
  • "Lucky" Dice
  • Lucky Coin
  • Thieves' Tools
  • Small Bag
Companionship
-
Negative
  • Verxi (-10)
  • Hermy (-5)

Neutral (Base 0)
  • Callie (+10)
  • Lumu
  • Ayasha
  • Kyndryr (+10)
  • Kasumi

[/div][/div][div class=flex][div class=text][div class=header]Scarlet[/div]
[div class=tags]Location: Tent | Interaction: Birdsie Birdsie Epiphany Epiphany Tarmagon Tarmagon | Nearby/Mentioned: Everyone else XD [/div]
Scarlet turned to Verxi with an almost venomous glare as he spoke in protest over her dealing with the sleeping solider stating he would have preferred to knock the man out. If they weren't in the middle of enemy territory right now she would have slapped him hard across the face and given him a lengthy lecture that his sanctimonious bullshit was what got people killed on missions like these. Had she knocked the man out, he would have awoken at some point and alerted others. If he was knocked out for longer than a minute it meant that he suffered a contusion which affected one's mind. She'd seen the aftermath before and it would have been more merciful to just outright kill them than damage them for life and leave them suffering until they eventually died because of the damage caused.

Instead she slapped a hand over his mouth roughly and used her other hand to bring a finger to her lips to remind him she had told him to keep the fuck quiet! The older cloaked male remembered the message and gave a warning of his own. At least someone understood there was a time and a place to argue about this shit. Now was not the time or the place. She felt him tap her and turned to look at Kyndryr giving a nod about those getting a bit too close for comfort. She motioned for everyone to completely hold still and even slowed her breathing down, pulling her hand off of Verxi's mouth, her eyes not focusing on what she saw, no she was listening intently.

When the goat made an strange sound Scarlet's eye twitched as even though the mostly drunken girl had tried to cover her sound of alarm, it was probably odd and loud enough to attract attention. Oh Scarlet was seething inside. This group was way too large for this shit. Thankfully whoever had been speaking was too oblivious and focused on their conversation to take notice. Stupid guards, good for them.

Callie suggested a distraction, the problem was distraction raised alarm. "As much as a distraction can be advantageous, right now it's simply put them on high alert putting all teams at risk. I don't think General whats-his-name is stupid enough to not consider a random tent fire as a diversion. The problem is that everyone knows about those sorts of tactics and are probably even expecting them. As much as the mage wants us to stick together like this, moving from tent to tent in such a large grouping is going to be more risky the deeper we go." Scarlet's voice was barely a whisper, giving only enough sound to be barely heard.

She heard the mage mention that the soldiers were on alert due to a barricade. Lovely. If they pulled them army towards the city would the general move as well or leave it to his lesser command to lead? Scarlet frowned for a moment, they needed chaos. Chaos made people panic and overlook. Setting one tent on fire would make them aware, but wouldn't make them uncoordinated. "Make more of those exploding pinecones. Make enough to make this place an inferno. If we're going to go with a distraction we need to make this place as fucking chaotic and disorganized as possible for them. Think of it almost like two birds one stone. More tents on fire the more likely it will spread to others around it making it more of an emergency if they want to keep any supplies."

"In the chaos we'll bump into some soldiers here and there, but their shouts will more easily be ignored because everyone will be shouting over the fires and chaos. There is a higher chance their calls of alarm at being infiltrated will fall on overburdened ears and once they are dealt with, we simply progress to the target. Unless someone has a better idea or protests." She said this while glaring at Verxi.[/div][/div][/div]

[class=fyuriwrapper] display: flex; flex-direction: row; Flex-flow: row wrap; Justify-content: stretch; max-width:1000px; margin:auto; text-align:justify; padding:15px 0px 15px 0px; [/class] [class=img] width:300px; pointer-events:none; [/class] [class=inventory] pointer-events:auto; font-size:12px; text-align:left; line-height:10px; [/class] [class=flex] flex:1; min-width:300px; [/class] [class=header] font-family:'Berkshire Swash'; font-size:50px; margin:-10px 0 -30px 0; [/class] [class=tags] display:inline-block; font-size:12px; margin-left: 50px; [/class] [class=text] padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; font-family:'Karla'; [/class]

Verxi / Aunran

Aunran heard Scarlet's suggestion and shook his head. "I don't have enough mana for that. The most I could make is two dozen, and that's not enough to create an inferno, as you said."

Aunran noticed the moth eating Callandar's clothing and decided not to comment, simply sighing.

Verxi didn't protest when she covered his mouth. Though he felt like knocking her hand away, he was trying to suppress his anger. How was this acceptable? Killing people wasn't a light sin that could be easily forgiven. Every person lived a life of as complex as every other person in the world. Taking a life should only be done when necessary, and avoided as much as possible. When you died and faced God, would you be able to look him in the eyes knowing you've taken the lives of his children when it wasn't necessary for your own survival?

Though Verxi believed in enlightenment and reincarnation, he didn't want to sully his soul with something like that. He knew bad karma would come out of this. And apparently, he was right.

Suddenly, the fabric of the tent was pulled open, shedding torchlight on everyone.

"Hey, Frank, we're moving out---hey, you people are not Frank!" The hiss of a blade being unsheathed was interrupted by the sound of a nose being cracked.

WHAM!

Upon being smacked in the face with a ki-augmented strike, the soldier slumped over and fell to the ground. Verxi closed the tent before anyone could peek inside, then elucidated, "He's not dead, but he won't wake up. I used ki energy to put him into a short coma. He won't be up for another two days." He turned around in the team's direction.

"Good work," Aunran said, giving him a smile, before his expression turned blank.

Suddenly, Aunran spaced out, then said, as if mimicking someone else's words, "Team two has a visual on the target's tent. The enemy forces appear to be leaving the camp and creating formations on the battlefield, but the command staff is left behind with minimum security."

"Scrying, Minor Illusion," said Aunran, casting two spells. He extended his hand and created a hologram of the battlefield that everyone could see, showing the Turenvalian infantry moving into rows and the cavalrymen mounting their horses in preparation for an attack. "We have to take out their leader before our people get overrun, but not before all enemy forces converge."

"Verxi, Kyndyr; please, put on the armor of these two fallen soldiers. Team two and three have their own disguises, and I can cast a spell to disguise myself."

Verxi noticed that Aunran pick the males of the group. While the Turenvalian army conscripted women and people of all races, it was true that human males made up a staggering majority of the army's composition.

Aunran continued, "In three minutes, all teams are to converge by the general's tent. Marquis Black's plan is that one group, disguised as the enemy, will enter and quickly eliminate to the guards inside, then the rest will move in and take down the general together. Even Verraketh won't be able to take all of us on. If you have objections, voice them now."

Verxi was mildly discontented at the prospect of killing more people, but this time it couldn't be avoided as easily. With a sigh, he dragged the unconscious soldier to a corner of the tent and began unstrapping his chestplate begrudgingly.

full
Kyndryr, in a tent in the enemy encampment, holding onto his temper by a thread.

Kyndryr watched the heat sources pause just outside the tent they were hiding in, catching snippets of words here and there as what had to be a roving patrol paused in their rounds. An explosive noise from the satyr caused his head to snap around, catching a glimpse of her biting down on one of her own ears in an attempt to stifle any further noise. Before he could figure out what had happened, the satyr twitched, then relaxed.

"What in the nether hells is going on?" Kyndryr thought, shaking his head. "This is turning into a nixie-nest of colossal proportions."

It seemed to Kyndryr that everyone had something to say, and it had to be said now, trying to hide in a tent in enemy territory. Callie was at least keeping her voice down, and trying to organize things, while the Marquis' mage made a magic trinket that he thought might help... just before he decided to share information about a distraction that they damned well could have used before they started out on this little, escapade. The odd insect girl was having some kind of panic attack, which resulted in her attempting to consume Callie's attire before stuttering out an apology. Torch seemed to be keeping her mind on the job, improving on Callie's basic idea, but Aunran quickly disabused her of any notion of creating a large enough distraction with his little mage-bombs.

Before the discussions which should have taken place anywhere but here could continue, a soldier blundered into the tent looking for its erstwhile occupant, only to collide rather forcibly with Verxi's fist. Kid might not have a clue about how to act in hostile territory, but he could certainly throw a respectable punch. The soldier collapsed soundlessly, and Verxi reassured them that he would stay unconscious for two days. Interesting. Then, suddenly, they were on a much tighter schedule as Aunran announced they had three minutes until they needed to be at the commander's tent. His suggestion that Kyndryr don the guard's armor however...

"These might be a bit of a problem," Kyndryr said, pointing to his obviously elven derived ears. "These guards are both human. Do we know if there are those of elven descent in the guard force, or merely in the regular troops?"

As he spoke, Kyndryr removed the breastplate form the armor tree, and thank the Goddess that the soldier hadn't been wearing it when Torch struck him down, and began to adjust the straps so that he could fit it over his own. His leather was supple and thin enough that the metal plate should ride easily, and he could discard it in a mere moment, freeing himself from its encumbrance. Reluctantly, he removed his cloak and rolled it into a tight bundle that he attached to the bottom of his pack. He didn't want to leave his pack behind, but he saw little choice, the guards weren't carrying anything but weapons.

"You are going to owe me new gear mage," he said, setting the bundled cloak and pack to one side. "Unless I manage to retrieve this, or someone carries it."

Slipping the breastplate on, Kyndryr made certain that he could slip out of it quickly, then settled it back into place. It would have to do. Checking that his swords were loose in their sheathes, he nodded to signal his readiness.

Fable Fable Reinhardt Reinhardt Hanarei Hanarei Epiphany Epiphany Noble Scion Noble Scion Rumble Fish Rumble Fish Birdsie Birdsie

Last edited:
Verxi / Aunran

Aunran shook his head to Kyndyr's question. "I'll simply cast a disguise spell on your ears if they're too visible, but I doubt that'll be necessary."

After Verxi donned the breastplate, and finished strapping on the greaves and boots, he put on the guard's armbraces, slipped on a pair of his leather gloves, and then, finally, put on his helmet. The guard helmet; a steel barbute with a Y-shaped visor covered up most of the head and all of the hair.

Honestly, Verxi always thought that illusion was the underdog of magic schools, but in this scenario, they appeared to be using more illusions than anything. With that, he reassessed his understanding of magic.

Verxi picked strapped the scabbard to his new belt and sheathed the steel shortsword in it, his donning already completed.

Aunran nodded to Kyndyr's words, then gazed across the tent. Someone to carry his items? Hm. In the corner of the tent, he saw the perfect quarry. "You, useless moth girl, weeping shamelessly in the corner! Make yourself useful and carry these items." Aunran threw Kyndyr's things at her.

Honestly? I expect Lumu to eat his clothes for comedic effect. We'll see.

Last edited:
ara_haan_asura_eun_form_render_by_siffrin-dcctfxu.jpg
Ayasha
Interaction/s: Hermione ( Rumble Fish Rumble Fish ), Kasumi ( Hanarei Hanarei ), Callandar ( Epiphany Epiphany ), Scarlet ( Fable Fable ), Lumu ( Noble Scion Noble Scion ), Kyndyr ( Tarmagon Tarmagon ), Verxi & Aunran ( Birdsie Birdsie )

For a while, Ayasha disappeared from the party as they pressed onward and continued with their plan. She was nowhere to be found. And considering how clingy she was to the satyr, this would appear to be really strange and would arouse suspicion from the party members.

Somewhere in the enemy encampments...

A fox entered a fairly large tent. A white, nine-tailed fox. Initially, it didn't catch the attention of the people residing in it, who were all gearing up and preparing themselves - as ordered by the higher ups they answer to.

But when the fox disappeared, and a woman dressed in white garments took its place, they immediately noticed the appearance of such a mysterious presence. The woman gazed at the people present in the tent, without a word. Her red eyes traced each one of them.

One of them raised his sword. "Who are you?", he addressed the woman. "What are you doing here?"

But there was no response. Rather, the woman licked her lips, then a devilish grin formed on her face. Her eyes glowed brightly as several tails extended from her rear, and furry ears emerged from the corners of her head. She gave off a long breath with the same look, as an aromatic fog exuded from her mouth.

From outside the tent, there was no sound. No screams, no sound of blood splattering, no swords clashing. There was just this unnerving silence.

A few moments later, the tent was riddled with bodies on the ground - they were unrecognizable, as if all of their essence had been drained. The woman with the fur-covered ears and tails stood in the middle of it all, with a satisfied look in her face. She looked at the mess of place that she was in, but her eyes showed no regret.

After all, she enjoyed it. She reveled in it. The refreshing sensation of consuming one's energy...she simply couldn't get enough of it.

"Oh how fun has this turned out to be.", she said, licking her lips once more.

Ayasha finally caught up with the party. While she looked the same to the untrained eye, taking a good look at her would notify the observer that she has changed in some way. Perhaps it was her skin, which appeared to be more smooth? Or was it her hair that looked more silky? Maybe her overall appearance that seem to strengthen her already hard-to-resist allure? Was it the glow in her eyes? Whatever it was, it might be the reason why she lagged behind - perhaps to make herself more useful in their current quest, perhaps not.

Immediately, she approached Hermione and touched her cheek. "Did you miss me, Hermy?"

Then, she turned her attention to the party, mostly to the males who were changing their outfits.

"What's going on?", she said. "Why the sudden costume change?"

Kasumi Yasashīha

Kasumi remained silent, a bit startled by the random intruder though it was taken care of before she even drew her sword, her hand on the blade having only hesitated due to seeing Verxi's swift movement. She was quite glad she had hesitated seeing as Verxi spoke about only disabling the man rather then killing him. If she had acted first it would of resulted in killing the man. She much preferred a nonlethal approach after all. The less lives lost the better, particularly if taking out the commander would result in an end to the siege. The plan seemed simple enough....as simple as a plan relying upon some chaos might be able to spur. The less grunts they had to deal with in the operation the smoother things would be.

Her eyes couldn't help but shift looking towards Lumu. She looked at her feeling a bit of pity. She couldn't help but feel as if she had thought she heard the girl speaking before, partially wondering if it had been directed at herself, Kasumi having been a bit to.... distracted to respond. It left her feeling a bit worst even if she couldn't be sure she simply hadn't misheard it before and might of just been imagining it. It was the Ayasha with the teasing clothing after all.... right? A light blush filled Kasumi's cheeks looking down becoming a bit more self aware of her outfit, tugging up the robe as to try and make sure it covered her up better now more self conscious about it. Her attention quickly shifted to Aunran and then to Lumu as he seemed to address her in a rather crude way. Kasumi stepped forward putting herself in front of Lumu looking at Aunran.

"There is no reason to act so cruel to her. She is in a dangerous place and scared, there is no reason to belittle her, you can simply ask her to hold Kyndryr's things for him." She spoke out in a low voice in defense of the scared moth girl. While she came off meek and clumsy it didn't change the fact Kasumi was a samurai, and protecting the innocent was part of her job. She saw his words as an attack on someone helpless, something her own sense of honor couldn't simply sit back and let happen. Her face shown itself to be more serious, only a small tint lingered on her cheeks from her embarrassment as she seemed far more focused now. She moved over to Lumu, only pausing to briefly look to Ayasha who had snuck in, leaning down to offer Lumu a hand.

"It's alright okay, you gotta be brave okay. We will make it through this just fine, and when we finish our mission will will have helped a lot of people too! I'll protect you okay? You just need to help hold some things so we can do the mission easier, it doesn't seem like much but as little as it is its still a big help and will let us save so many others!" She spoke offering her hand to Lumu in hopes of sparking a little courage in her as she spoke quite optimistically perhaps to a fault.

TsJYzyB.jpg

STATUS Location: Enemy Camp
Interacting: Lumu Noble Scion Noble Scion Aunran Birdsie Birdsie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back