• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Guild of Heroes: Origins

Mikhel Hartmut
VILLAGE OF APPLETREE

Mikhel was halted in his tracks, by the woman who asked of the bandits. She said about helping them get to the mountains - to where the bandits were said to be fleeing to.

"Ah! I see you, too, wish to partake in our glory!", a smile grew on Mikhel's face. "I, and my friend, will not refuse aid!"

He, sheathed his blade. "I am Mikhel of the Hartmuts! Glory be to you, lady!"

Mikhel, then, entered the carriage. Plopping himself down beside Estelle's seat.

Tags/Interactions: Estelle ( Alteras Alteras ), Elisa ( Swire Swire )

THIS IS BEST VIEWED ON DARK THEME

Appearance:
full
Elisa De Blanche
Location - Outter Appletree Village(leaving)

Elisa helped both of them into the carriage, an action from her perspective, meant to show trust and gratitude. As informal as it may have seen, she hoped it wasn't taken the wrong way. Afterward, she sat down gracefully across from them and the coachman closed the door. "You may call me Elisa. Though I ask for your pardon on my last name. It is a sort of...hinderance on my current life, and I wish not for people to know" She said giving and slight bow and then waving her hand to signal the coachman to move. As they moved Elisa looked around the inside of the carriage. Pretty messy for her average day. With a few bags hanging from the ceiling next to the window, and one on her lap. The bags near the window were clearly expensive. Bait in her mind.

Elisa starred out the window for several moments, she noticed a group of what looked like adventures gathered at the center of town. With only a single magic horse. It seems, that had she not found Estelle or Mikhel, her search wouldn't have lasted much longer. Either way, they were headed to the mountains now. The elegantly designed carriage swept past the group, it would be difficult to miss, and after several moments they would have passed them should no one do anything.
Fable Fable Rumble Fish Rumble Fish Hanarei Hanarei Tarmagon Tarmagon Epiphany Epiphany Birdsie Birdsie Reinhardt Reinhardt LostHaven LostHaven Noble Scion Noble Scion (if anyone is stuck, feel free to use this as a way out. If you want. Also next post we will be in the mountains/bandit hideout so heads up.)

Turning back, Elisa looked to both of her guests. "While I do not wish to intrude more than I already have, I will be joining you against the bandits. And wish to know what abilities you have. So to synergize our skills better." She said with a kind smile. "I am skilled in archery, especially with fire arrows. I can also cast subtle buff to allies and debuffs on enemies." Elisa had to talk slightly slower than she normally would, as to not stumble her words. For at the same time she was running several different ideas of what the bandit's weapons, hideout, and skills would be. She only got a brief moment to see them and with little information, she needed to plan out whatever she could. Especially how to find their location.

Opening up the bag on her lap to reveal her bow. The edges of the bow had been folded so it would save space. "Also if you have any ideas for our plan, do not hold your tongue. I imagine both of you are more experienced than I am." True or not she muttered the words as to not offend their skill.
Alteras Alteras Reinhardt Reinhardt

[div class=EstFlex] [div class=EstImage] [div class=EstTitle]Estelle Medina[/div] [div class=EstMentions] Character Sheet

Interactions:
Swire Swire Reinhardt Reinhardt [/div][/div] [div class=EstContent]"I am a RuneFencer," Estelle said as she lifted up her side sword. "Most of my magic are buffs related to enhancing my blade. I can take a hit or two, but please do not rely on me to take the brunt of an attack." Her eye's glanced sideways as she reminiscence some less fond memories. "Think of me as a fighter, not a knight. That's for this one." She waved towards Mikhel.

"The most i have thought of is just forming a simple 3 man vertical line formation, with Mikhel at the front, you in the middle, and me at the back. Kinda treat it like a labyrinth dive." [/div][/div] [class=EstFlex] width: 100%; max-width: 1000px; margin: 0 auto; justify-content: center; align-items: stretch; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=EstImage] position: relative; width: 300px; max-width: 100%; min-height: 300px; max-height: 800px; background-image: url('https://www.rpnation.com/gallery/cache_5c3294dc-0ac2-4aa3-ca1b-374b39a0b5b2-png.37783/full'), radial-gradient(circle at center, rgb(230,230,230), rgb(100,100,100)); background-size: 300%, cover; background-position: 30% 0%, center; margin: 5px; [/class] [class=EstTitle] position: absolute; bottom: 10px; left: 10px; right: 10px; height: auto; width: auto; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; height: auto; text-align: center; font-size: 32px; font-family: 'Cormorant'; color: #231d1e; background-color: rgba(200,200,200,0.8); [/class] [class=EstMentions] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top:0; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; font-family: 'Cormorant'; color: #e5e5dd; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba( 0,0,0,0.65); transition: opacity .5s; [/class] [class name=EstMentions state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [class=EstContent] position: relative; min-width: 200px; flex: 1; height: auto; padding: 0px 15px; margin: 5px; font-family: 'Montserrat'; [/class]

Kasumi Yasashīha

The young samurai seemed a bit surprised as Hermy spoke up. She blinked, looking over not really having thought anyone had heard her muttering to herself. She was even more surprised that it was the goat person who had done such. She seemed far more enthralled in her drink before bothering with taking care of some bandits. It was perhaps a bit unfair on her part to suspect such a thing, she did volunteer after all to go on the mission earlier getting tangled in danger infiltrating a military camp. She became even more surprised as more voices chimed in from figures she would suspect less to be compliant with hunting down bandits. She had to admit their methodology in terms of just 'killing them' seemed a little bit too much to start off with, attempting to capture them seemed like a far better way to go about it, even though she suspected there would need to be some bloodshed before that likely would happen. Not only did they want to try and stop them, they were more then willing to try and catch them now.

Kasumi watched as Ayasha used her magic to create a grass horse? She blinked a little bit surprised by the creation. Not having more horses available to use to catch up to the bandit meant they needed to use whatever they could do catch up. Kasumi had the ability to travel fast as part of her arsenal, though it was much more developed around swordplay relying upon a short burst of speed to move her forward a decent distance. It was from optimal to be used as a way of traveling around, at least not without exhausting herself in the process. It was possible she could repeatedly use the technique to catch up to the bandits though by that point if she could even make it that far she would likely be exhausted. As effective as it could be to catch a foe offguard it was far from energy efficient. Fortunately it seemed as if their attempt to chase swiftly after them was changed to just tracking them with scarlet's aid scouting causing Kasumi to sigh in relief. As they darted off she looked back to the others.

"Well... I guess we could walk.... though it probably is a long walk... that I guess really we don't know the area that well. I guess that would be an issue even if we had horses anyways. That and we don't wanna end up stumbling away and ending up making it impossible for Scarlet to find us."
She spoke more seeming to direct her words primarily towards Kyndryr who attempted to find them horses to use. She didn't mention Hermy mostly since she wasn't too confident in the satyr would find her way back very easily without her help. It probably wasn't the nicest thought even if it wasn't to be out of malicious on Kasumi's part. Truth be told, she wasn't the type who was very good at memorizing locations very well that were new to her, never mind the possiblity of having a fit of clumsiness that with her luck would likely result in her tumbling accidentally into a dragon's den. She was almost certain interacting with a dragon would go over poorly for her.

TsJYzyB.jpg

STATUS Interacting: All Who Stayed Back
Mentioned: Herm Rumble Fish Rumble Fish Callie Epiphany Epiphany Scarlet Fable Fable Birdsie Birdsie Kyn Tarmagon Tarmagon

full
Appletree gate. Stables, and Gate again.

"Thanks Finnigan," Kyndryr said, glancing up as an ornate carriage rolled slowly out of the gate in the general direction the bandits, Torch, and presumably Hermy had vanished. "Stables?"

Finnigan pointed into the village, in the direction of what was probably the Inn and Stables combined considering the size of the village, and Kyndryr nodded his thanks to the man as he headed towards the indicated building. It turned out that the Inn and Stables were right next to each other, and disproportionately large, but after a moments thought it made sense.

"Lots of traffic in and out," Kyndryr thought. "Some buying horses, but more selling I'm sure. Folks probably buy them back when they're ready to leave, figuring it'll cost less than boarding the beasts."

Approaching one of the ostlers, Kyndryr waited until the man was done placing the horse he was leading into a stall then spoke.

"Can you direct me to the stable master?" he asked politely. "I find myself in need of a kitted out mount, and quite urgently. I have a companion following the bandits, and would like to be able to assist her."

"I am authorized to buy and sell," the man replied with a smile. "Basic riding mount with tack will run you around one hundred, more if you're looking for something special. We actually have a destrier available, but he's quite expensive."

"No, thank you." Kyndryr said with a slight chuckle. "I am no knight in armor, nor am I trained in mounted combat. A saddle mount will be adequate. And, lest you think to foist off a sub-standard horse upon me, or my companions whom I have no doubt will be visiting you shortly, we are here under the aegis of Marquis Black to render assistance to General Audron."

The ostler merely nodded, and led Kyndryr into the stable proper.

"The available riding mounts are in the right hand stalls," the ostler said. "Standard tack kits and travel feed for five days are included. I will assemble a kit and transfer paperwork if you wish to examine the horses."

At Kyndryr's nod, the man absented himself, and Kyndryr walked briskly down the line of stalls, glancing into each as he walked by. A chestnut mare whickered at him as he passed, and Kyndryr stopped to examine the horse more carefully. The chestnut's coat was sleek and well groomed, and she was obviously a mature animal. A surprising amount of intelligence gazed back at Kyndryr from her brown eyes, and he noticed a delicate marking on the horse's shoulder. Ah, that explained much.

"Shall we make a try of it my lady?" he asked the horse, and was unsurprised when the horse whickered again, nodding her head. After a moment Kyndryr chuckled and nodded back. "So be it then my lady."

"Umm, are you certain you want this one sir?" The ostler had returned while Kyndryr was examining the chestnut, and was watching the horse with ill concealed nervousness. "She's been in and out several times, and has something of a temper."

"Yes," Kyndryr replied, opening the stall door and standing aside. The ostler took a fearful step backwards, but the chestnut walked slowly out, then nuzzled Kyndryr's hair, lipping the tip of one ear gently. "I am quite certain. Ce'taine and I will get along well I think."

"Ce'taine?" the ostler asked, looking confused. "What kind of name is that for a horse?"

At the ostler's words, the chestnut stared at the man, snorting and baring her teeth, causing him to back up and nearly trip over the small pile of tack waiting behind him.

"It is her name," Kyndryr said with a laugh, pointing to a small symbol consisting of several elegant curves and arcs on the chestnut's left shoulder. "That is the elvish symbol for the dawn star, Ce'taine. I imagine all of the people who attempted to ride her were human, and used a bridle. No elvensteed will accept such treatment. I shall not require a bridle, a hackamore will suffice."

"Elvensteed?!" the ostler appeared to be in shock. "I can't let such a valuable animal go for a mere hundred. She's worth..."

"Exactly nothing to you," Kyndryr interrupted. "I imagine she has remained with you because she was told to by her previous companion. She has apparently decided I am to be her new companion, so take what you previously mentioned, or get nothing when she breaks out of her stall and seeks me out."

"I'll have you charged with theft," the man blustered. "You can't just..."

"What's this?" a new voice asked, and Kyndryr turned to see a large man with a dark beard striding up.

"This man says this is an elvensteed," the ostler said, pointing to the chestnut. "If he's right, it's worth a fortune, and he wants it for the usual hundred. There was no way I was going to let such a valuable animal go so cheaply."

"Randall, you are an idiot," the newcomer said sharply. He turned to Kyndryr and the chestnut, taking in the animal's calm demeanor and Kyndryr's bemusement. "Strang Loman. These are my stables. Your pardon lady. I didn't realize your pedigree."

The ostler gaped at Strang as though his boss had lost his mind when he addressed the horse directly, but Strang paid his minion no mind, keeping his attention on Kyndryr and Ce'taine. Ce'taine bobbed her head at Strang, then stepped over to the pile of tack, causing the ostler to scurry away quickly. She nosed at the pile, then picked up the bridle and tossed it aside with a flick of her neck. Kyndryr chuckled, then reached out and pulled a halter from a peg on the wall beside the now empty stall, tossing it onto the saddle.

"I believe Randall mentioned a hundred?" Kyndryr asked Strang, who had watched the action with a grin and a rueful shake of his head.

"Unlike my fool of a groom," Strang replied, "I'm not foolish enough to stand between an elvensteed and her chosen companion. That will be fine. I'll go amend the paperwork, not that it actually means anything. At least if some officious guard accosts you, it will prove that she belongs with you."

In less than five minutes, Kyndryr and Ce'taine left the stables. Kyndryr's purse was significantly lighter than it had been, ten of the heavy gold sovereigns having been exchanged for an official document that should satisfy and curious guard as to whether or not Ce'taine should be with Kyndryr. He had also let Strang know that some of the other members of his party might be by to acquire mounts, and the stable owner had promised to be ready, just in case. As Kyndryr approached the gate, he wondered which of his companions would still be there, and whom had gone haring off after the bandits.

Hanarei Hanarei , Reinhardt Reinhardt

Mikhel Hartmut
ELISA'S CARRIAGE

The lady revealed her name, Elisa, but decided to keep her surname for reasons undisclosed - a completely reasonable act, though that doesn't necessarily affect Mikhel. Names are good, but reputation is more important. After all, the measure of a man lies not in his name, but in the glory of their actions.

As they grew closer and closer to their destination, traveling past the group of distinct individuals out there, Elisa stated what she intended to do - join the two of them in their quest against the bandits. Of course, this was already on Mikhel's mind the moment she offered to give them a ride, her words on confirm such a thought.

Mikhel nodded. Like he has said before, he will not refuse aid, and Estelle most likely will do the same.

Eventually, the talk about plans and strategies came.

Estelle spoke of her abilities in combat, as did Elisa.

"I am blessed by the gods! We shall vanquish these bandits with their guidance!", was what Mikhel added to such an exchange.

And when Estelle suggested a formation, Mikhel did not object. In fact, he approved of it - to the point that his enthusiasm for the coming battle was clearly shown in his demeanor.

"Yes, yes!", Mikhel chuckled boldly. "They will tremble upon our might!"

Appearance:
full
Elisa De Blanche
Location - Mountains(south of Appletree)

"Excellent" Elisa smiled with anticipation. She thought the part about being blessed seemed, generous. However It wasn't as though she didn't believe in the gods, and anything is possible. The teams seemed well. "We will, however, need to bait them out first. And seeing that none of us know their exact location, we will have to...borrow that information from them." In her mind it meant without killing them, if possible. The carriage rocked back and forth as it bumped over several rocks. They were far past the fields, let alone out of the village. The coachman had no intention of keeping them waiting and only continuing to gain whatever speed he could force out of the horses. Elisa had assumed that, while their hideout was hidden, if they had so much presence on the village to constantly plunge them for resources they must also patrol the mountains. Hence the expensive bags nearly hanging out the window.

Other than the rocking as the carriage swayed back and forth, the ride was relatively quiet. Peaceful almost. Not only had they reached the mountains but were wandering whatever streets remained of this unmaintained area. It would seem that no one was foolish enough to come to this area. Thus the streets and traveler ceased to exist. All around them barren, with no one in site. Perhaps this would be a waste of time. "Lady Blanche, there is someone standing in the road. He seems to require help." Elisa looked around. "Stop then, we shall help him."

The carriage came to a grinding halt. Elisa spent some time looking around before turning to the Mikhel and Estelle. "There are at least 3 men behind us. And I don't know how many in front, or hiding that I can't see. I doubt they would set up traps with this many people if we aren't close to their hideout." She whispered, standing up to leave. The coachman opened the door for her. Elisa gracefully stepped down the stairs. The coachman was there to help the other two should they follow.

"Good sir, you seem distressed. Is there perhaps a way I can be of service?" Elisa said holding one hand on her bow that was concealed inside of her bag.
"But of course. If I could only have...." The man leaned forward. "Everything!" He quickly pulled a knife and swung it straight toward Elisa. At the same time, the 6 other men formed around them. 3 from behind the carriage and 3 in front. Armed with knives and sword. Above them on the rock formations was another 3 with bows ready to fire down upon them.

Last edited:
[div class=EstFlex] [div class=EstImage] [div class=EstTitle]Estelle Medina[/div] [div class=EstMentions] Character Sheet

Interactions:
Swire Swire Reinhardt Reinhardt [/div][/div] [div class=EstContent]Estelle climbed down the carriage and stood a step back and to the right of Elisa. She was holding her sword to the side, but already had her hand on the handle. As the man leaned forward, Estelle, instinctively knowing what standing pose he is taking, bent forward as well, gripping her sword with more strength. And with the start of the man's lunge, she lunged forward as well, performing an underhand slash towards the man. "Hyah!!"

Ignoring the feel of metal piercing the hand holding the dagger, Estelle completed her slash. With her sword in the air, she moved into a new stance meant for thrusting. Readjusting her grip to an elegant hold, she thrusted the metal towards the man, but he managed to dodge it and stepped backwards.

Positioning herself in front of Elisa, she took her natural stance, her left arm outstretched forward and her blade low and by her side, ready to thrust forward at any moment. Her face scrunched up at the disadvantage they have now. "[Wind] [Air]" Estelle softly said the keywords to her runes, making her lighter, faster, and far more agile. [/div][/div] [class=EstFlex] width: 100%; max-width: 1000px; margin: 0 auto; justify-content: center; align-items: stretch; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=EstImage] position: relative; width: 300px; max-width: 100%; min-height: 300px; max-height: 800px; background-image: url('https://www.rpnation.com/gallery/cache_5c3294dc-0ac2-4aa3-ca1b-374b39a0b5b2-png.37783/full'), radial-gradient(circle at center, rgb(230,230,230), rgb(100,100,100)); background-size: 300%, cover; background-position: 30% 0%, center; margin: 5px; [/class] [class=EstTitle] position: absolute; bottom: 10px; left: 10px; right: 10px; height: auto; width: auto; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; height: auto; text-align: center; font-size: 32px; font-family: 'Cormorant'; color: #231d1e; background-color: rgba(200,200,200,0.8); [/class] [class=EstMentions] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top:0; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; font-family: 'Cormorant'; color: #e5e5dd; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba( 0,0,0,0.65); transition: opacity .5s; [/class] [class name=EstMentions state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [class=EstContent] position: relative; min-width: 200px; flex: 1; height: auto; padding: 0px 15px; margin: 5px; font-family: 'Montserrat'; font-size: initial [/class]

Mikhel Hartmut
MOUNTAINS

The moment Estelle exited the carriage, so did Mikhel. While his comrade went to Elisa's side, defending her from the disguised bandit's attempt to strike, Mikhel turned towards the back. It was quite obvious that this was an ambush, and it was a bit too late to go back - they were already surrounded. A bunch of armed men waiting at a higher ground, several on the front, and a fair number of the back as well, flanking them.

Without any hesitation, Mikhel charged towards these men that flanked them. "I bring you glory, great gods!", he shouted.

His rather audacious charge caught these bandits off guard, immediately knocking a few of them on the ground, one of which, was already unconscious.

With his blade already drawn, Mikhel taunted the folks before him with an authentic grin on his face.

"Come!", he said. "Let us waste no time!"

[div class=fyuriwrapper][div class=img]
yqUsi3n.png
[div class=inventory]
Inventory
-
Weapons/Armor
  • Leather Armor
  • Cloak
  • Bow
  • Quiver
  • Variety of Arrows
  • Two Swords (Dual Wield)
Items
  • "Lucky" Dice
  • Lucky Coin
  • Thieves' Tools
  • Small Bag
  • Archdevil Mephistopheles Ring; compact devil!
Companionship

Crisis (-50 or worse)
-

Hostile (-26 to -50)
-

Negative (-1 to -25 )
  • Blu (-10)
  • Hermy (-7)
  • Verxi (-5)
  • Mephistopheles (-3)
  • Ayasha (-1)

Neutral (Base 0)
  • Kasumi (0)
  • Lumu (+5)
  • Kyndryr (+15)
  • Callie (+16)

Warm (25 - 50)
-

Friendly (51 - 100)
-

[/div][/div][div class=flex][div class=text][div class=header]Scarlet[/div]
[div class=tags]Location: Bandit Quest | Doing: Riding ahead | Interaction: Katsuya Katsuya Birdsie Birdsie | Nearby/Mentioned: -
(Excuse any errors or lack of mentions, trying to get back into the groove and catch up as best as I can after a long absence. Not to mention new people popping outta nowhere.)[/div]
Scarlet didn't know what the hell was making that annoying and loud chirping until some weird half-bird humanoid creature that was probably some type of Harpy go closer to ask something in what sounded like bird-lish or something. "No, I do not need any of your help. One, you're a stranger with nothing to do with my mission and two, you're way too flamboyant and will only cause me trouble. Shoo, go back to the village or something." Scarlet said this firmly as she stayed focused on riding on the horse in the direction believed to be the hideout of the 'bandits.' The last thing she needed was more noisy people and this was some random fucking person. Like hell she was going to trust them.

The satyr slammed into something or someone which caused her to fall behind. Good. She wanted to get ahead, but honestly, they were probably both too stupid and stubborn to actually let Scarlet do her work alone, like a scout is supposed to. No no, they were going to chase after her being noisy and drawing attention and then they'd be on high alert for anyone else in the area. Scarlet sighed trying to determine what to do to stall them or make them actually stop. She could ask Mephi to knock them out, but she really didn't want to keep making deals with him. Smoke? It would stall them a bit longer, but the drunk goat would persist and the bird-brain would fly over it perhaps.

"Mephi, darling little friend, can you do me a wee small favor? I'm sure you'll have some fun with it too. I'll give you just enough mana for you to send those two back to the main group so I can actually get this work done and not lose a digit."
[/div][/div][/div]

[class=fyuriwrapper] display: flex; flex-direction: row; Flex-flow: row wrap; Justify-content: stretch; max-width:1000px; margin:auto; text-align:justify; padding:15px 0px 15px 0px; [/class] [class=img] width:300px; pointer-events:none; [/class] [class=inventory] pointer-events:auto; font-size:12px; text-align:left; line-height:10px; [/class] [class=flex] flex:1; min-width:300px; [/class] [class=header] font-family:'Berkshire Swash'; font-size:50px; margin:-10px 0 -30px 0; [/class] [class=tags] display:inline-block; font-size:12px; margin-left: 50px; [/class] [class=text] padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; font-family:'Karla'; [/class]

Mephistopheles - w/ Scarlet

The ring appeared to emit some kind of emotion when they ran into the druid. Interest? Some kind of scientific curiosity. The ring seemed to mutter something that may or may not have been, "mana propulsion or hollow bones...?"

Mephistopheles, the devilish ring, glowed with a faint blue light. The sigils on him blazoned white with each syllable, as he said, "It benefits me in no way, but fine. You people should get rest before going after the bandits - the Marquis gave you enough money to rent horses for a while, no?"

"Also, is it just me, or did that kitsune just get vented to the Astral Plane?" the ring asked, almost smugly, as if he were hinting at something beyond the 4th-wall.

Fable Fable Katsuya Katsuya Reinhardt Reinhardt

Appearance:
full
Elisa De Blanche
Location - Mountains

The blood spilled from the hand of the bandit as it separated and fell to the ground. The bandit let out a scream and he jumped backward holding the wound. Surprised at the girls speed and in fear of his own life he yelled to the other men. "KILL HER!" Two of the archer immediately turned their attention. They were both about to fire, but before they even realized, Elisa had already drawn her bow while Estelle had saved her. Two arrows landed swiftly into both legs of one of the archers, quickly bringing him to the ground next to the cliff. Several inches from falling off.
The other two archers reacted in time to dodge and duck behind a rock. "I do believe I owe you a thank you, and yet it is not over." Elisa said to Estelle firing a blue arrow to the ground next to Estelle to help heal any minor wounds she would face for a short time.

The three men in front of the carriage stepped forward to shield their comrade. One large man with an axe, and two normal sized men with swords. "Cabera, would you mind helping Estelle here? I will deal with the archers and ensure Mikhel's victory." Elisa said running toward the backside of the carriage firing arrows to the archers to force them to stay hidden. "Of course, my lady." The coachman stepped forth drawing a mythril rapier. "Shall we put an end to this?" he said standing beside Estelle, taking his stance. The moment she moved he would dash forward to which ever of the men she didn't take, to assist her. With speed only a trained warrior would have.

Near the rear of the carriage three men laid on the ground. Knocked down by Mikhel's overwhelming strength. The two men that were conscious jumped back to their feet, while throwing themselves backward to try and have space from Mikhel. "He just took out Aleser in a single hit." The bandit claimed in clear fear. "Worry not" The other said. "Boss has provided." He said pulling out two twin knifes. Each lit up with dark magic. "And so shall we serve." He said this almost as a chant, something he clearly hadn't simply made up. "You shall not heal from cuts by these knifes, until these blades are destroyed." The bandit explained as though to show off his great weapons, while also bringing moral to his fellow bandit. Both smiling, then lunged toward Mikhel. The bandit with twin knifes clearly showing more skill than any of the others.

Last edited:

Interactions:
Swire Swire Reinhardt Reinhardt [/div][/div] [div class=EstContent]Estelle stole a glance of coachman, Cabera as Elisa named him, and determined him to be similar to herself, a practitioner of fencing. She gauged the three men before her, determining their most likely builds. "We shall!" Estelle cried with a soft voice.

She rushed forward towards, thrusting her blade towards the swordsman on the left. The man tried to block the thrust, but it was clear that he wasn't well versed in his art. Estelle stabbed the man's shoulder lightly, enough to hurt, but still enough to pull her sidesword out without much trouble. She quickly retreated a step and a half before turning her blade towards the other swordsman.

The other swordsman made a vertical slash, which Estelle neatly sidestepped, winding herself up for a slash of her own. Twisting her body in a clean circle, the blade sliced through the right side of the swordsman. He cried out in pain as she stepped two steps back, this time pulling out her hunting knife.

With an underhand grip, she positioned the knife before her face and raised her sword to her side, adopting a rogue's stance. She slowly watched their actions once more. [/div][/div] [class=EstFlex] width: 100%; max-width: 1000px; margin: 0 auto; justify-content: center; align-items: stretch; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=EstImage] position: relative; width: 300px; max-width: 100%; min-height: 300px; max-height: 800px; background-image: url('https://www.rpnation.com/gallery/cache_5c3294dc-0ac2-4aa3-ca1b-374b39a0b5b2-png.37783/full'), radial-gradient(circle at center, rgb(230,230,230), rgb(100,100,100)); background-size: 300%, cover; background-position: 30% 0%, center; margin: 5px; [/class] [class=EstTitle] position: absolute; bottom: 10px; left: 10px; right: 10px; height: auto; width: auto; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; height: auto; text-align: center; font-size: 32px; font-family: 'Cormorant'; color: #231d1e; background-color: rgba(200,200,200,0.8); [/class] [class=EstMentions] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top:0; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; font-family: 'Cormorant'; color: #e5e5dd; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba( 0,0,0,0.65); transition: opacity .5s; [/class] [class name=EstMentions state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [class=EstContent] position: relative; min-width: 200px; flex: 1; height: auto; padding: 0px 15px; margin: 5px; font-family: 'Montserrat'; font-size: initial [/class]

Mikhel Hartmut
MOUNTAINS

Mikhel gave off a rather vibrant laugh upon hearing the words of the bandit. There was an irremovable smile on his face, and the look of excitement could not leave his eyes.

"Then heal I shall not!", Mikhel struck his sword to the ground. He, then, tapped his chest-plate three times, making loud noises of metal hitting against metal. "Come! Show me what you've got!"

As the bandits pounced on him he made sure to his armor to deflect their strikes. One could hear the noise of the bandits' strike repeatedly hit his armor, not even able to leave a scratch on it. He huffed, and he puffed.

Then in a seemingly smooth sweep, he grabbed the unfortunate bandit, the one who showed fear earlier, by the head, lifting him off the ground without much effort, and slamming him onto the ground shortly. With a resounding thud, the bandit laid on the ground, unconscious - blood dripping down a large wound on the side of his head.

"Unfortunate.", he commented. "The gods were not with you."

Mikhel pointed to the other bandit with the same blood-stained hand.

"Come!", he shouted, taunting the dual-wielding bandit with a waving gesture.

Appearance:
full
Elisa De Blanche
Location - Mountains

The cold air cut through the bandits skin as it shaved off any delusion he had of victory. Watching the blood drip, from the comrade that Mikhel had made short work off, was more than painful enough for him to lose his composer. "It wasn't suppose to end like this." The bandit muttered, clinching his knifes, sweat running down his face. It was clear the fight was over.
"WHY WONT YOU JUST DIE!" The bandit ran blindly toward Mikhel, in his mind rerunning through all the ways he believed the fight should have ended in his favor. Swinging chaotically in a distasteful expression of what could barely be called wielding weapons, he thrusted his body toward Mikhel in a last expression of his hope for victory.

Just as Estelle had jumped to the swordsmen, Cabera would assist in her fight. She went for the first swordsman, he leaped toward the man with the axe. In a moment, he was forced to quickly dodge as an axe, the length if his body, as it came crashing down. It was clear he could not take this one on his own.
Instead, he opting to deal with the left swordsman that was yet to be finished off. He swept behind him and chopped the back of his neck, rendering him unconscious. While a clean slice, from Estelle, across the others body dropped him to the ground in enough pain to keep him from interfering any longer .
"Fools. They were weak. You gain no respect from me. However...if you wish to die, then I shall grant your wish." A combination of raging anger and excitement emanated from him with a single smile. As he rose his axe, the engraving began to light up across the weapon. Fire thrummed from it, inflaming the axe entirely.
"Lady Medina, do please be careful. A direct hit from such a weapon would merit almost certain death, or render you unconscious. Furthermore a weapon such as mine would not stand a direct hit." Cabera spoke, warning of his inability to save her should she fall victim.
"Now PERISH from my sight!." The bandits spoke as he swung his axe with all his might directly toward Estelle. The sword lit with fire as it hit the ground, sending a shock wave of light, burning infront of where the axe was hit. Dodging backward wasn't an option.
The bandit swung with such force as to leave him open to attacks for a moment.

Elisa ran up the side of the carriage, to the roof, trying to get a better angle on the archer. Jumping off, grabbing whatever inches she can. She caught sight of the one of them. Firing an arrow and curving it into his leg. He screamed and fell over as two more arrows pinned down his arms. She land on the ground gracefully smiling. The last archer stepped forward. Holding a silver bow with unique designs.
"Esteralous Hermonio" He claimed, as a single high powered shot headed straight for her. Quickly she formed a shield around her and the shot bounced off of her hitting the carriage and creating a rather large whole in it. With irritation in her voice she yelled out, "Raining Fire!" With no intention of letting the archer find cover again, she fired roughly 20 arrows in succession. Curving them as best she could away from anything vital. Several missed but about 10 stabbed into him. It was unclear if he was alive or unconscious, but the last archer fell.
'Artifacts, did they steal all these from the village?' With guilt still in her heart she ran to see if Mikhel needed any help, if not she would go to help Estelle and Cabera.

Last edited:

Interactions:
Swire Swire Reinhardt Reinhardt [/div][/div] [div class=EstContent]"Neither can mine, but that is fine." The moment the axe began its descent, Estelle spun herself to the left in an elegant motion. As the axe passed by her side, she ignored the heat that flaming axe emitted, and instead activated her own runes. "[Fire]"

Her sword was engulfed in flames of her own, as she twisted her body forward, bring the tip of the sword into the chest of the axe. The blade pierced through the lacking armor and into the man's body.

She held it in, placed her left hand on the man's body, and pulled the sword back out. "With that, it should be fine." She looked to Cabera. "Any more enemies?" [/div][/div] [class=EstFlex] width: 100%; max-width: 1000px; margin: 0 auto; justify-content: center; align-items: stretch; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=EstImage] position: relative; width: 300px; max-width: 100%; min-height: 300px; max-height: 800px; background-image: url('https://www.rpnation.com/gallery/cache_5c3294dc-0ac2-4aa3-ca1b-374b39a0b5b2-png.37783/full'), radial-gradient(circle at center, rgb(230,230,230), rgb(100,100,100)); background-size: 300%, cover; background-position: 30% 0%, center; margin: 5px; [/class] [class=EstTitle] position: absolute; bottom: 10px; left: 10px; right: 10px; height: auto; width: auto; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; height: auto; text-align: center; font-size: 32px; font-family: 'Cormorant'; color: #231d1e; background-color: rgba(200,200,200,0.8); [/class] [class=EstMentions] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top:0; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; font-family: 'Cormorant'; color: #e5e5dd; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba( 0,0,0,0.65); transition: opacity .5s; [/class] [class name=EstMentions state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [class=EstContent] position: relative; min-width: 200px; flex: 1; height: auto; padding: 0px 15px; margin: 5px; font-family: 'Montserrat'; font-size: initial [/class]

Mikhel Hartmut
MOUNTAINS

In a rather short-lasting dance of blades, the battle between Mikhel and the last bandit came to sudden halt. The look of disappointment was evident in Mikhel's face as he stared at the bandit, who now had sweat trickling down his cheeks.

The bandit, apparently, had struck Mikhel's right arm with one of his supposedly 'heal-negating' knives. The other one, was unfortunately deflected in the midst of the fight. However, though he had gotten a hit, Mikhel did not seem to show any sign of pain - in fact, it seemed like he was not struck by the blade at all, despite it clearly pierced through the segments of his armor, and into his flesh.

As blood dripped from that wound, the bandit tried to remove the blade from his flesh. Alas, he was unable to - Mikhel held his arm with his non-wounded one, dropping his sword to the ground.

"Is this all you have?", Mikhel mocked the bandit.

He, then, forcibly removed the bandit's grip on the knife - which remained thrust into his flesh. After doing so, using the same wounded arm, he grabbed the bandit by their neck, and raised him a few inches from the ground. He did not avert his gaze from the bandit's eyes, who was beginning to tear up.

"O great Warfather! Razmodhal!", he shouted to the skies. "What is this man's judgement?!"

Mikhel closed his eyes, his grip remaining strong and tight - as the bandit struggled to break free from his grasp. And after a short while, he opened his eyes, and stared unto the bandit with pity.

"You...", he said. "Have been judged."

And with a rather quick maneuver, Mikhel slammed the bandit's head onto the edge of Elisa's carriage - causing blood to splatter and stain the surface, the ground, and Mikhel himself. He dropped the lifeless corpse, and drew the knife from his flesh, blood still dripping from it. With a powerful force, he crushed its blade with his hands, letting the shattered remnants of the dagger to fall onto the same ground that the bandit's corpse fell.

full
Outside Appletree. moving into the mountains and searching for signs of Scarlet.

Kyndryr had paused outside of the Appletree gates to thank the helpful guard and let the rest of the party know that there were horses available inside the town. Once those tasks had been accomplished, he had asked Ce'taine if they could try her paces as they headed into the mountains. She had been happy to oblige, moving from a walk to an easy trot as they left the town behind. Once Kyndryr had found his seat for the trot, Ce'taine had moved into an easy canter, once more giving Kyndryr time to find his seat before stretching out her neck and moving into a full on gallop. Kyndryr couldn't suppress a whoop of delight as his hood blew back and his cloak streamed behind him in the wind of their passage. Ce'taine seemed to be enjoying herself too, though after a short run she slowed her pace to an easy amble, somewhere between a trot and a canter. The mountains grew quickly closer as the seemingly easy pace ate away at the distance with deceptive speed.

As they entered the mountains proper, Ce'taine slowed her pace to a trot, giving Kyndryr time to study the ground ahead of them. He could see signs of passage, though it appeared from a carriage rather from war goats.

"Wasn't there a party in a carriage heading after the bandits?" Kyndryr asked aloud. "Oh well, no matter. I am quite certain that we shall come upon them soon enough. Once we are past, we can begin our search in earnest for Torch."

Ce'taine cocked one ear back as Kyndryr spoke, then tossed her head with a snort, picking up her pace slightly and following the path the carriage wheels had left. After a few more minutes Kyndryr signaled for Ce'taine to slow her pace. She did so immediately, and the faint sounds of combat became clear in the distance.

"We should step right along," Kyndryr said conversationally, then held on tightly as Ce'taine broke into her gallop. The pounding of hooves were all that Kyndryr could hear, but they rounded a bend just in time to see a large, armored figure casually smash a ragged looking man's head into the side of a carriage, covering it and himself in gore. Ce'taine drew up sharply as the man wrenched a blade from his arm, crushing it before letting the fragments fall beside the dead man. There were more corpses littering the ground all about. It seemed that there had been more than one group of bandits, and this particular group had suffered a mischief.

"Ho the wagon!" Kyndryr called, keeping his hands well clear of his blades. "Did you perchance to see a woman come through here upon an enchanted steed apparently made of nothing more than grass and magic?"

Appearance:
full
Elisa De Blanche
Location - Mountains

Combining the hole in the side of the carriage as well as the new blood stain from the dead bandit, Elisa lowered her head. I just had it cleaned. Elisa had run to help Mikhel, or Medina. However, both had made quick work of their opponents

"I do not believe so, Lady Medina" Cabera said sheathing his sword. The moans of the large man could still be heard. He wasn't dead, though with what little resistance he had to pain a single strike did seem to be enough. So Cabera made his way over to Elisa. "What is your assessment Cabera?" Elisa said brushing off her hair. "Tens bandits, I imagine four dead and two with severe bleeding. Without proper care they will certainly die, Lady Blanche." Cabera said inspecting the carriage. The hole in the side lucky hit nothing important.
"Very well, take the living back to the village and see that the people would decide their fate. Meet us at the bandit’s hideout. Whenever we're finished with them." Cabera nodded and began gather those still alive into the carriage. 'The hideout.’ Something else Elisa forgot.

Elisa grabbed the first bandit by the neck and lifted him up.
"Where's your leader?"
"Your crazy! You think you can live, if you go there! You'll die!"
"If you have such confidence in them, then you'll tell me." The bandit stayed silent. "That wounds going to kill you, blood dripping from your severed hand...Look there's only one way you live this, and it's on that carriage. You’re a poor rat feeding off other people’s earnings, what do you care about anything but yourself? You want to live? Tell me" Elisa loosened her grip and the man sighed. "It's in a place called Aldisberge. The hidden path is very close to here. You see where the archers are on the cliffside above? Up there is the path to Aldisberge." The bandit said finally giving in for his own life. Dropping him, Elisa turned away. "It seems we must climb." Elisa informed both Mikhel and Medina.

Before she make it over to the cliff, a man on a horse road over to them asking about another. He definity wasn't a bandit, nor did he harbor intend to hurt them. So she would show kindness if it lasted. "I'm sorry good sir, I have not seen anyone you speak of. These bandits here are the same that have been recently attacking the village. We seek to free the village of their torment." Elisa said looking to the others. "I'm sure if you continue to look you shall find whom you are looking for, or if you feel that joining us will further your luck then you may, I only ask you keep up, and inform us of your name and abilities." The same she would ask of anyone. "Now we must be on our way" She turned around and began to climb the cliff.
Tarmagon Tarmagon

After a climb she reached the top, a distance that actually required her to climb past the archers location walk some more and a bit more climbing. She constantly checked to make sure both Mikhel and Medina were with her. When finally finished, The path before her lead straight to the entrance to Aldisberge. But the gate was closed and there were several guards at the entrance. They would need to be taken out.

Information on Aldisberge(also in Lore, please read):
Aldisberge:
(North of Appletree)
Image:
full

Lore:
It was said that these shrines were created by the gods to test beings of power. Thousands of years ago people would visit these, after defeating a challenge the gods would reward them. This, in particular, was for the god of nature and growth, Mendalla. Said to have created the great tree now within Appletree village. The shrine goes deep into the mountain. While it might be assumed the tunnels are small and narrow, in fact, the gate leads into a massive open area within the mountain. There are paths carved in by the mountain, and walls higher than an average person, almost as though to guide people a certain way. Although it has been abandoned for centuries and resides in the cold mountain mysterious plants and other life grows within the shrine. Combined with being naturally warm, it made for an escape from the cold mountains. Only after Albion was created, it started being used as a secret black market meeting point. With few people knowing its location and no roads leading to it, the area flourished with an underground market. Only several months ago was it take over by bandits who have continually grown in numbers and are selling massive amounts of goods. It's unclear to whom their selling to.

Last edited:
Faust & Xylzrilyn Windfallow
The Raven's Arcana

"Waaah, fuck you Morkai, don't confiscate my mushrooms!" Faust was abruptly struck against the chest with the end of a scythe pole, which sent him flying into the shelf behind his counter. He slammed into the shelf, causing a numerous amount of wares to fall to the ground, with an antique-looking pot falling downward and landing right on his head. "What the actual fuck?! Get it off, you useless beholder!" Faust shouted out angrily at the person who had caused the whole shenanigans. Xylzrilyn let out a heavy, dejected sigh as they rasied their scythe once more and brought it down on Faust's head, shattering the pot and striking Faust in the head, with enough force to have given any mortal cerebral hemorrhaging. "Wait shit, are you alright?" Xylzrilyn suddenly blurted out before realising that hthey(probably) didn't even give a shit and that their employer was a lich anyways. "Wait! I-it's not like I care or anything though, ok?! It just slipped my tongue!" They then added, attempting to hide their embarrassment and salvage their pride.

"That thing was expensive..." Faust muttered annoyedly, pointing at the mess on the floor and ordering Xylzrilyn to clean it up. "That's like, twenty silver coins. Gone."
"What is it even for?"
"It was specially crafted to constantly maintain a set environment and temperature..."
"Oh... I was wondering how you were growing drugs in your bedroom without the proper atmosphere..."
"I need those Shaded-Parasols for science!"
"Yeaaaaah, 'science'. It just so happens to be a narcotic that has enhanced effects on undead... You were totally going to take them, weren't you..."
"Maybe..."
"By the way, who the fuck's 'Morkai'?"
"Who the fuck is that?"
"You were the one who screamed at whoever to not take your drugs..."
"You must be high as fuck. I do not remember screaming 'Morkai'... Which retard would name their kids such a stupid name like 'Morkai' anyways? It sounds like a name a kid with Frederican would give themselves... 'oH lOok at mE I'M moRkAi thE aRchliCh knEeL befOre my wrAtH, haaH taKE thIs, elDRiTcH bLAsT!'"

Xylzrilyn facepalmed as Faust did some sort of ridiculous stageplay while making wild gestures that were mostly randomly flaying his arms in the air in some absurdly exaggerated imitation of casting some sort of spell. "You look like an idiot..." Xylzrilyn muttered.
"Oh yeah? And you don't?"
"Not as much as you..."
"qUakE iN awE mORtaLs fOR I aM tHE dARkeSt nIgHtmaRe tHE sHAdOW oF tHE bEasT tHAt ShoULd nOT bE"
"..."
"See? You sound like a moron more than me..."
"At least I don't have books full of lewd pictures of white-haired girls!"
"Where the fuck did you find it?!"
"I found it at the bottom of your drawer, and some weird noble kid saw it and bought it for 40 gold coins!"
"So THAT'S how you somehow made 40 gold when I was away last week!"
"Why the fuck would a lich have porn in his drawer? You don't even have a dick! Did you like, never get laid by your girlfriend or some shit?!"

Faust paused suddenly. He clenched his fists so tight that they began shaking heavily. "What did you say?" He asked the (former) beholder, this time in a voice so dangerously calm and softly that even the birds outside stopped chirping in fear of their meager little avian lives. Then, without warning, Faust suddenly cast strengthening magic on his fist and uppercutted Xylzrilyn in one swift and fluid motion that the poor creature wasn't even given a split second to react.

"--SHORYUKEN!!!--"

Xylzrilyn was sent flying upward by what could be described only as a comically absurd amount of arcane force. The force was so stupendously immense that they burst right through the second floor of the store.

And exploded through the ceiling...

And continued flying into the air...

Below, the citizens of Appletree would be greeted by some sort of humanoid creature exploded out from the ceiling of the Raven's Arcana. However, after a few seconds of admiring today's shenanigans from the famous magic-item store, they returned to their daily, mundane tasks. They had grown all too familiar with that store's antics, to the point that a random person exploding through the roof and flying into the sky at mach 2 speed (figuratively) was nothing out of the norm. Perhaps it was a stray bandit who got tied up by that shopkeeper for breaking his things, and then had some sort of unholy experiment conducted on him?

"I cast protection magic on it, with luck, it won't die." Faust clapped his hands together and then turned to the mess of a shop he had just made.

"Fuck."

----------​

Xylzrilyn Windfallow
Appletree -> Soaring through the sky, on course for direct collision with Scarlet & co. | Reinhardt Reinhardt Swire Swire Alteras Alteras Fable Fable Birdsie Birdsie Tarmagon Tarmagon Hanarei Hanarei

An unidentifiable object soared through the sky, headed straight toward Scarlet and co.

Was it a bird? Was it a plane? Was it Superman? Wait, two of the three don't even exist in this universe, but neither does Morkai, so it doesn't matter! No, the answer is D; none of the above! It was actually an obnoxious, blonde-haired trap with lasers and severe frederican flying toward them, engulfed in the flames of purgatory like a mighty comet summoned forth by the mightiest of Archmages, packing over 9000 units of arcane energy, ready to obliterate our heroes and send them straight back to the 'Game Over' screen! Wait, why whould something like this happen in a beginner mission?! Time until impact: 3 turns! (6 seconds)

Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles picked up a source of danger. The ring started making repeated 'bleep' sounds as it flashed cyan, while Mephistopheles forewarned at an accelerated tone, "Unknown flying object headed our way at approximately one-hundred and eight kilometers per hour. ETA: three, two, one..."

"Or nah." Mephistopheles sent a wave of counter-energy shortly before impact, arresting Xylzrilyn's movement with absolute inertia, yet in such a way their body received no damage and there was no sonic boom. "I'd rather not have all of us die... Well, I wouldn't die, I'm a ring. Surprisingly resilient."

Fable Fable LostHaven LostHaven

Last edited:

Interactions:
Tarmagon Tarmagon Reinhardt Reinhardt Swire Swire [/div][/div] [div class=EstContent]Estelle looked to the newcomer and did a short nod of acknowledgement as Elisa spoke for the group. She then watched the noblewoman scale the cliff.

"... I'm worried our new companion has no restraint either."

Estelle sighed, sheathed her blade, spoke the rune word "[Air]", before hopping her way up the cliff. At the top, she reached down to help anyone else up and met up with Elisa. [/div][/div] [class=EstFlex] width: 100%; max-width: 1000px; margin: 0 auto; justify-content: center; align-items: stretch; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=EstImage] position: relative; width: 300px; max-width: 100%; min-height: 300px; max-height: 800px; background-image: url('https://www.rpnation.com/gallery/cache_5c3294dc-0ac2-4aa3-ca1b-374b39a0b5b2-png.37783/full'), radial-gradient(circle at center, rgb(230,230,230), rgb(100,100,100)); background-size: 300%, cover; background-position: 30% 0%, center; margin: 5px; [/class] [class=EstTitle] position: absolute; bottom: 10px; left: 10px; right: 10px; height: auto; width: auto; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; height: auto; text-align: center; font-size: 32px; font-family: 'Cormorant'; color: #231d1e; background-color: rgba(200,200,200,0.8); [/class] [class=EstMentions] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top:0; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; font-family: 'Cormorant'; color: #e5e5dd; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba( 0,0,0,0.65); transition: opacity .5s; [/class] [class name=EstMentions state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [class=EstContent] position: relative; min-width: 200px; flex: 1; height: auto; padding: 0px 15px; margin: 5px; font-family: 'Montserrat'; font-size: initial [/class]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back