• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Guild of Heroes: Eye of the Storm

Eleonora Luna - Ocean
(White fur)
EoaX8SnWMAI8wEO.png
As soon as she maneuvered the boat out of cover, her partner seemed ready to perform some great feat of their own as she saw someone leap at them with inhuman strength much like her own, except it didn't seem like they intended on landing as they simply barrelled into the side of the boat.

Luna growled in anger as she body-slammed the other side with force to equalize it, which seemed to work, but left its mark on the ship.

Before she could get her thoughts together on how to counter such an attack should they try it again, a giant monster made its appearance, an awe-inspiring sight. The thing seemed to be made entirely out of bones, and while she considered herself to be a large creature in her own form, this thing was something else.

She would've been at a lost for words if she had any.

HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Silver Wolf Silver Wolf @HellsHaven

Shugon Ragsdale
OH MY GOD, IS THAT A GIANT DANGER NOODLE! Interactions: Birdsie Birdsie LostHaven LostHaven Mentions: Uasal Uasal Noble Scion Noble Scion Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade Silver Wolf Silver Wolf
5ede53da2f36b6b326d4c0adfd6762c7.jpg

"Hhhmm, oh, yes." The octopus replied to Zao absent-mindedly as his focus was drawn towards the student-competitors in this little challenge. It simply fairly straightforward, even that passing mention of the Kraken that Zao had thoroughly managed to agitate was tame in comparison to his other escapades. Is Zao mellowing out? Impossible. Shugon folded his arms and waited patiently for the surprise. Until the serpentine figure emerged from the black abyss and showered the competition (Shugon included) with droplets of the seawater.

"Ah, this is it." Onyx eyes travelled up and down the length of the skeletal leviathan, admittedly impressed by the undead that is staring down the players. The magus who had necromantically raised the creature had popped up on deck in an overly dramatic manner, which prompted the Cthuloid to roll his eyes at the whole display. He moseyed over to the dropped collection of leviathan teeth, kneeling to take one. He flicked it into the air with his thumb then caught the tooth when it came back down. " Paladin Fáidh, Seadog Maravetia then Kidd and Luna the WereRabbit." He placed his bets nonchalantly, not caring who would be the victor or loser in this little gamble.

"Did you remove its' venom sac? It's been a long time since I sliced one open but I fervently remember they possessed one... You didn't happen to repurpose it, did you?" He quizzed the lich.

1610646191807.png

Fáidh Ceangailte Aigéan
Fáidh agreed to go along with Kidd's plan, Kidd, after all, had far more experience at sea than she. After all, if there was any chance for Fáidh to succeed in this test she would have to rely on those with actual experience at sea and currently that only seemed to be Kidd and the one abomination called Maravetia. As Fáidh and Kidd closed the distance between their ship and Maravetia's Fáidh became aware of one major concern. That concern was the sudden disappearance of Maravetia herself. Luna was still aboard the ship but the captain had vanished from sight, this wasn't a good sign but before Fáidh had a chance to warn her partner he had already rushed into action, tugging one of Fáidh's chains along with him. 'Idiot!'

Fáidh watched as Kidd rocketed toward the enemy ship but was more focused on the area surrounding the ship than on him himself. Was this a trap? A mutiny? What had happened while Kidd swung around the far end of the main ship? There were too many unanswered questions and this plan was already a shot in the dark. When Kidd made contact with the ship Fáidh gripped her chain and readied herself to pull Kidd back, her eyes remained focused on the area around the ship and it was just as Luna made her move that Fáidh's eyes caught a glimpse of something moving. Thinking it was Maravetia Fáidh immediately moved to pull Kidd back toward her. Unfortunately, Fáidh was very wrong in that assumption.

What arose from the water was not Maravetia, no it was something far viler than she. It was a sea leviathan, specifically an undead sea leviathan. The beast rose from the depths with great force, causing waves to shake the small boat Fáidh was on viciously. Kidd was mid-flight when the beast arose and had it rose a moment sooner he likely would have crashed to its gaping maw. Fortunately, instead, he simply crashed with great force into the paladin, knocking them both to the deck with a crash. Fáidh was the first to recover from the fall, moving to a stand quite quickly. As the Paladin attempted to grasp her surroundings she became painfully aware of one thing. The Leviathan was about to strike. This was seriously bad news. Fáidh had only a third of her finross left and could only use her grace once more and even then she'd likely pass out after doing so. In the current situation using her grace likely wouldn't finish off the beast in one blow and thus it was useless to even try. Running was an option but running pitted the two into close combat with both Luna and Maravetia who clearly had the advantage in such a fight. Of course, there was a chance the two would focus on the leviathan but was such a chance worth the risk?

Grabbing Kidd by the collar Fáidh moved to act, the Leviathan already lunging toward the two. The Paladin launched out her chains toward the rock face and quickly pulled the two out of harms way but indirectly toward Maravetia who was still out of sight. Although the two had escaped the Leviathan for now they had not done so without sacrifice. Their ship was destroyed and Fáidh suffered a deep cut to her upper back caused by the splintering wood projectiles created in the crash. Would the two land safely on the rocky terrain or would they be snuffed out by the competition?

Maravetia
84332612_530892801144115_8000019952796869250_n.jpg
Interactions: Noble Scion Noble Scion (Luna), Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade (Kidd), Uasal Uasal (Faidh)
Mentioned/Nearby: HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest (Eberron), Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian (Shugon), Reinhardt Reinhardt (Ayaka/Lan), Birdsie Birdsie (Zao), LostHaven LostHaven (Faust & Possibly the Leviathan)
As noise began to be heard, Maravetia poked out and readied her harpoon. Yet, as she was to do so, her eyes widened at what she saw. A fully grown serpentine leviathan's shadow sit in the water. She didn't hesitate and immediately activated her grace. To hell with anything, if a predator was lurking in the water, the competition didn't matter anymore. All that mattered was this thing, and as it reared its ugly head, she felt even more overwhelmed. She felt as if her heart stopped beating, and her whole world was put on hold. The rotting decayed remains of a leviathan of the species whose juvenile form killed everyone she knew. Why? Why was such a thing here! It shouldn't be possible. Who would even think to bring such a thing back to the world? Her hands shook and her face became a pure white ghostly pale. This wasn't right, this wasn't right, this wasn't right. This couldn't be happening.

Maravetia was slammed out of her panic by the splintering of wood and remembered who the leviathan was attacking. She vaulted farther up the rock formation and looked down to seeing Faidh had pulled Kidd and herself up to the rock formation. She looked at Faidh and noticed some injury. Maravetia sighed a little with relief. Looking at the creature, she could see that the teeth were at least removed. She didn't know where Luna was at the moment, but Marie hoped the bunny was still alive. She looked to Kidd and Faidh and yelled, "Get out of its reach if you can!"

Vaulting over the rock formation, she scanned the water and the leviathan for a weak point. She needed something to hook on to. "I don't have a plan. I may have killed one of these things before, but this one's...undead. Damn, I have to incapacitate it." She looked to Kidd and Faidh who she was now beside a little bit. Then she looked back to the creature. She gritted her teeth and began running a couple scenarios. She looked to the skull with some of its flesh behind and raised her harpoon. "Now I have a grace though. Now I get to kill one of Avngrund's foul spawn twice."

She looked to Faidh and scoffed a little. So much talk to only be caught off guard. "You're injured. While most creatures like this are solitary, blood may attract other things that would happily make a meal out of you. Don't go into the water if you can help it."

With one more aim, Maravetia used her grace to slam the harpoon deep into the very base of the creature's neck and jumped off. Once she was in the water, the adrenaline started kicking in. She tugged on the rope until it was taut. Whether it was due to the beast swimming or herself, she didn't care. It did start swimming though. Maravetia continued to inch a long the rope though. Holding her breath and hoping the rope stayed. The creature surfaced, trying to throw her off by changing the environment. She took a brief gulp of air and continued to make her way along it. A little ways away she noticed the ribcage. She rapidly switched from her harpoon to the bones themselves and used her feet to lock herself in place.

Maravetia looked down its rear side and looked to the rotting flesh, the spine completely exposed. She grabbed two vertebrae and a sickening snap sounded in an instant. Hopefully this would make the creature less maneuverable. Marie then pulled herself up and grabbed one of the ribs and used it like a latter to make her way up to the creature's head. If she could take the head, she hoped that it would at least make it incapacitated. Due to the creature being serpentine in nature, it could still move without its tail end. However, serpentine creatures also relied on their body length to generate thrust. She was grateful for her grace as hanging on was a much easier feat. Thankfully, the bones were still sturdy enough to support her grip. Once she was at the head, she would snap its spine again and send her sword plummeting through the skull. After that, she would make sure the skull was thoroughly destroyed so the damn thing couldn't be raised again.

1610646191807.png

Fáidh Ceangailte Aigéan
When Fáidh and Kidd made landfall Fáidh was quick to release Kidd and just as quick to notice Maravetia who had presumably been hiding in the rock formation this whole time. Fortunately for the duo, Maravetia seemed more focused on the beast than securing an assured victory. This would be beneficial in two ways, firstly Fáidh wouldn't have to fight Maravetia while injured and secondly Maravetia would likely be able to deal some hard damage to the Leviathan while the paladin prepared the proper means to defeat the undead. Moving to a crouch Fáidh quickly inspected Kidd for any damage he may have incurred, closing his wounds as they were revealed to her with a quiet prayer. In that time Maravetia had offered her piece and also sprung into action. Once Fáidh finished with Kidd she moved to seal her own wound. By the time all had been done and said Maravetia had almost reached the serpents head. The time to act would soon be upon the paladin.

Moving quickly the Paladin retrieved her spear and readied her grace, once Maravetia dealt a concussive blow the Paladin would strike it through and then exorcise its spirit. Afterall undead and infernals were Fáidh's speciality. So long as Maravetia set her up with an opportunity to strike the beast was sure to be felled. "Cracking its skull will only temporarily release it's soul, to really defeat an undead of this size I'll need to exorcise it. Create an opening for me, I must strike through its body as a whole!".

Last edited:
Headmaster Zao

The Headmaster stoically observed as an undead sea leviathan arrived from the abyss to wreak havoc. He seemed faintly amused by the panicked - or at least, surprised - image of his students, as if he found it cute.

"What an interesting turn of events," the man dryly commented, briefly removing the pipe from his mouth and blowing out one, last cloud of smoke.

Momentarily, Faust emerged from his vile portal, and Zao patiently listened to his explanation. After it was done, Zao nodded twice to it, as if in acceptance.

"I am betting a hundred gold obols upon myself," Zao said with a stoic voice, before raising a fist. An invisible lens of wind appeared and swooped Maravetia off to the side, then another lens appeared like a whirlpool sucking her in and then shooting her towards the safety of Zao's ship.

Zao punched the air. A rod of lightning as thick as a walking stick promptly speared into the creature's skull, causing a massive splintering. Zao fired once more, and then again, three, four, five, six times in a row, like someone relentlessly stacking blows to ensure defeat. The leviathan was rammed deeper and deeper into the water with every bolt, as if Zao's thunder exerted immense force upon it, and when it sunk so deeply that Zao standing behind the wheel could no longer see it directly, the bolts simply curved around to hit it anyway.

At the conclusion of his barrage, Zao calmly walked to the portside of his vessel and raised a hand. A tesselating golden light appeared between his fingers, like the crown of heaven descending as a laurel wreath of sunlight. "Be gone, shadows. Thou of the unseeable. Fade back into oblivion, if of darkness. Be returned to the immaterial."

With his chant complete, the remains of the stunted sea leviathan disintegrated into purple dust and scattered across the waves.

Zao put the pipe back in his mouth. "I'll be expecting my gambling money by tomorrow, gentlemen."

The Headmaster promptly walked to the bow of the ship, cleared his throat, and declared, "Eleonora Luna and Maravetia's vessel has remained out of those assigned to the students. Everyone get back on board promptly."

---

It didn't take long for Luna and Maravetia to arrive next to the larger vessel, and for Zao to fish the remaining students out of the water. Once everyone was properly situated on the deck of his command ship, Zao took in one last draw of the admiral's pipe and then congratulated his students.

"Congratulations," he said. "You've all failed." A bolt of lightning arced from the sky and collapsed the small boat that Luna and Maria had been using.

Whilst everyone stared in listless silence, Zao went on, "Allow me to explain. This was never a test of seafaring skill, combat aptitude, or even something as crude as stress under fire or human spirit. The truth is much simpler. It was a test of the most important skill for a sailor: cooperation."

Zao put away the pipe, no longer in the mood to smoke, it seemed. The speech he gave subsequently had a chiding teacher's aura. "There is no ship that can run on its own - people have tried, using magic and ingenuity to create mechanisms steered by one man, but those mechanisms are inherently flawed. A single man is prone to mistakes, but a crew is able to patch together holes in their skillsets and attitudes, to account for a dozen small changes. Exceptions do exist for every rule, but a sailor is hopeless without his crew. If it were not for my personal crew, I would have certainly never been named Fleet Admiral in my days of youth."

The Headmaster indicated at the deck below their feet, and tapped his own boot against it for emphasis. "The correct solution to the exam I placed in front of you was to never step off this ship in the first place. You should have picked this vessel as your own, and the entire class would have been able to pass and reap the benefits. Instead, you all foolishly hoped to show off and participated in a tournament of glory-seeking behavior. In the military, there is no place for glory hounds; show-offs and arrogant displays is what causes people to die, including the arrogant themselves. Let this be the first lesson I offer to you as an educator. Alone, we are meaningless and fade."

"At sea, either the entire crew passes, or none of the crew."

"So you have failed. Let this failure sink in. Feel the burn of shame. Let the failure create a failure-shaped imprint in the failure-shaped void that attracted this event," he said, almost in a jovial manner, rather than belittling. "Are there any questions before we move on?"

Silver Wolf Silver Wolf Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian Noble Scion Noble Scion Uasal Uasal Kylesar1 Kylesar1 HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade Reinhardt Reinhardt

Faust Windfallow
Zao's Ship | "Oh for the love of - at least leave the skeleton!"

After finishing his silly acting, the lich was alerted to the young man who was tinkering with a bizarre-looking golem of sorts. Adorable. The golem, of course. Eberron himself exuded the aura of evil - a subtle scent of dastardly wickedness, of the scheming sort. Like a businessman that commits frequent tax evasion, the kind that carries out petty atrocities in the name of eliminating competition. And those sort of people usually meant business - a notion that was immediately affirmed as Eberron offered a total of two gold pieces and fifty silver in exchange for five leviathan teeth; an offer the elder lich accepted without a second word. As he counted his earnings, however, Faust quickly came to the revelation that the given amount far exceeded what was originally agreed upon. However, that being said, he wasn't about to do some good deed and alert his customer of their mistake.

Until he finally noticed the note that came with the cash, which he opened to find a list of rather common ingredients. The lich quietly scanned through the shopping list, before tilting his gaze up from the list and at Eberron. "You making booze?" He asked with a tone of slight interest. "Is alcohol even allowed on campus?" He pondered aloud, before shrugging it off after failing to reach a sound answer. "Ah, fuck it, who cares about legal drinking age or whatnot, it's not like anyone even follows them," he concluded, tossing the list somewhere inside his cloak. "Expect everything by tomorrow, these aren't ingredients that are difficult to procure."

In the corner of his eye, Faust did notice the elegantly-dressed Cthuloid, Shugon, pick up one of the fangs that had been dropped onto the ground, but paid it little heed. It was one tooth, the more valuable parts of the leviathan were its organs, anyway. "I'll bet on them losing miserably, then," he made his own bet as he made his way next to his colleague. "The paladin'll probably have the best shot at downing the thing. Sadly not the best work for sure, but I'm sure it'll hold against whatever holy bullshit she can throw at my baby there."

At Shugon's mention of a venom sac, Faust made a swirling gesture with his hand, a small tear in space opening in response. The lich reached the entire length of his arm inside the miniature vortex, and began to presumably rummage through the dimensional-storage-space. However, after a few moments of no avail, Faust brought his other hand to the vortex to, using his hands to wedge the vortex wider, before sticking a good portion of his torso inside. After several minutes, he finally retracted from the vortex, holding in his hands a large glass jar, containing a horrid, fleshy and vein-riddled sac, submerged in saltwater. "This thing?" he asked, offering the jar to the Cthuloid. "I was going to cook it up, but take it for all I care. How much does Leviathan Venom sell on the market, by the way?"

Finally free to check the state of the battle, Faust was utterly aghast by the sight he was faced by the moment he turned to the direction of his leviathan, only bearing witness as Zao exorcised the thing into nothing but dust upon the wind. "Wait! Leave the skeleton!" the lich yelled, to no effect. It was far too late, and his precious profits had turned to ash right before his eyes. "Fuck," he cursed, and cursed again louder at Zao's announcement that he would be expecting a hundred-gold. The lich's mind spun as he attempted to think of a loophole, to avoid losing out on fifty-gold pieces, but was met with only dismay at the realisation that there was no loophole. He had stated 'who' lands the final blow, and not 'which student', thus rendering Zao's bet fully valid.

"Damn it," Faust let out a long sigh of anguish at his loss. However, it was no time to fall into the depths of despair - not when Zao's wonderful class had just been gathered back on the main ship to be informed that the whole lot were absolute failures. The lich held in a chuckle as he listened gleefully at Zao's disappointed speech, taking the chance to commit each face to memory, taking note of the unhinged ones, and the ones that'll likely assault him on the spot, which, by extension, were the ones he enjoyed toying with the most. Of course, he welcomed attempts at his life, as evident by the fact that he wasn't even attempting to mask the thick aura of death exuding off his body. "Hey, quick question, how racist are the pious ones this year?" He whispered toward Shugon.

Silver Wolf Silver Wolf Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian Uasal Uasal Reinhardt Reinhardt Noble Scion Noble Scion HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Birdsie Birdsie

Last edited:
Eleonora Luna - Ocean
1611568941951.png
Luna, still holding onto her uniform and staff, thumped her way from her position in the group away from all the others and stood behind one of the many crates, audibly transforming back into her more suitable form as the sound of shifting bones filled the air and her hair receded back to what it once was, with the only part of her beast form remaining being her ears. She'd always hated transforming back, as opposed to transforming initially.

Crouched down behind the box, she struggled putting on the stiff clothes and haphazardly stood up, looking quit disheveled as she walked back to the group with staff-in-hand, her face blank like it wasn't anything to be questioned, or even noted, but the faintest grimace remained as though even she disliked the process.

Hearing Zao's words transformed her mild grimace into a seething teeth-baring scowl. She'd had her heart in the right place with her idea of cooperating with others yet here she was, being told her correct answer was wrong, which reminded her of just exactly where she was and how she'd got there. Surely if anyone else had won he'd have gladly rewarded them, but because he, like the slavers that had captured her in the first place, didn't even seem to think of her kind as people..

The unjustice brought waves of anger through her, yet there was nothing she could do but hold a grudge.

"What's your name?" she hissed in response to his question, pausing to enunciate each word. The slavers hadn't answered her when she asked, and she wanted to see if he would, considering he hadn't even told anyone his name yet.

Birdsie Birdsie

Headmaster Zao

The Headmaster stared at one of his seething students. He appeared to take her wrath for granted, swiftly replying to the question, "Lung Feng Zao, Dragon of the Eastern Wind, Ex-Grand Admiral of the Realm Navy, and current Headmaster of Stormcrest Naval Academy." For a brief moment, he paused. "A wasted question. You could have asked anyone here and received more or less the same answer."

The Headmaster snorted, and started to shake his head. "Students, you appear to be laboring under the delusion that my class will be easy and rewarding. Allow me to dispel it - I'd already said my piece at the opening ceremony, but they do say repetition is the master of learning. This will not be an easy class. In order to mold you into soldiers, I must first break you apart into pieces. There will be moments where you curse my very name. There will be moments when you'd like to surrender. I do not begrudge you for this, but it will happen."

"Any other questions?"

Noble Scion Noble Scion

Eberron
arcane-gunslinger.jpg

After hearing from the Elder Lich the lack of difficulty to procure the needed ingredients, Eberron had to resist rolling his eyes. "I figured as much good sir, but alas, I am without the time to gather said items. If it would ease the burden upon yourself, i will cut you in at twenty percent acting as both a supplier of my ingredients, and distributor of the final product." He whispered conspiratorially, with a small smile upon his face. "As for my age old man, i do believe 27 is well above the legal drinking age. Plus, there's no law against making the libations." He added cheekily, flipping the teacher an additional gold coin to sweeten the deal.

Eberron was about to speak more, when the Lepusthrope asked a question that any student on campus knew the answer too. But he then had to remind himself, that she may not be all that knowledgeable on both subjects of folk heroes and society. Perhaps he could make himself useful to her. He could always use a Friend.

LostHaven LostHaven Noble Scion Noble Scion

Last edited:
William dismally watched Maravetia and Luna's boat sink slowly into the abyss close to where the Leviathan had been absolutely annihilated. The damage he had done to it's hull was minor, and thus 'lost' him the match in comparison to his own boat being crushed by a giant sea serpent's bones. This was only the second encounter Kidd had had with the undead, and it added to the handful of times he had now experienced proper magic. He was beginning to think it was stupid of him not to have any. He huffed a sigh of acceptance and turned towards Zao's lecturing. He half listened, and mostly assured himself in his head that if the lich's pet hadn't shown up his own ship would still be afloat as he left Marie and Luna on the rocks in the background.

"What are the limits of Thaumaturgy? I've heard anyone can take it up." Said William in an offhand way as Zao opened the floor to questions. It was the first thing that popped into his head, and if he didn't bring up something else to cover the disappointing way this whole exercise had turned out he felt he was going to jump back into the sea and tell Shugon not to follow him.

Shugon Ragsdale
Le Noodle is Dead and Shugon owns Money. Interactions: LostHaven LostHaven Noble Scion Noble Scion Mentions: N/A

The necromancer asked Shugon a question. "Depends on the size." He said whilst lifting the large jar that contained the viscid organ. "One like this will net you twenty gold if you sold it to a research cabal. Now, selling it on the black market? Around forty." Admittedly Shugon's knowledge of the Leviathan economy is outdated but presumably, there shouldn't too large of a shift in prices and costs. "Anyway, my interest isn't of the monetary variety. Mostly academical and... lunch." He commented. Then Zao spoke aloud, betting a hundred gold that he would be the one to land the killing blow. "And here it comes." Much to Shugon's chagrin, the man can't seem to stay out of anything.

One lightning barrage later and the undead serpent relinquished the forces that animated its' bony framework. The necromancer had just realized that he allowed no loophole for him to escape. For Shugon, this wouldn't put a dent in his purse so he was content with the results. Zao had begun his speech, obviously disappointed from the lack of cooperation from the students but that is a patent of Zao's test.

Then Faust proposed a most curious question to Shugon. He paused for a moment, sifting through his memories. Whispering back, or at least as much as his booming voice allowed. "Haven't noticed but I suspect they're the same as always." Honest to his and other Gods, Shugon evaded and avoided contact with religious zealots but sometimes, you have to mediate between them then it gets messy.

The Rabbit Morpher had asked an obvious question which almost made Shugon giggle with her act but restrained himself. Zao had given her the verbal lashing that could be expected when you raise a question like that. He went over to her, placing a leathery hand on her shoulder, pitying the poor girl.

Eberron
arcane-gunslinger.jpg

Eberron was quick to pick up the question his roommate and fellow classmate asked on the subject of Thaumaturgy. "Thaumaturgy is simple magic. While useful, it does have it's limits compared to Sorcery, or even inscribing runes. Although the three do share the fact there is a cost to perform. Thaumaturgy mostly relies on Findross, like Sorcery, but at a lesser drain, while inscribing may require less findross, but may need material components such as blood, gold, even a rare gem or rare magical component. Possibly even a combination on them." He explained happy to be in his element once more. "I personally prefer inscribing, and not just because i'm an artificer, but for the utility of it. With the right know how, one could inscribe a Rune Script, a series of runes that act as instructions for the desired effect. Say a directed bolt of lightning, or a wall of fire. Or even, a chassis like Sweetie's" He added, gesturing towards the adorable, sociopathic construct.

Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade

1610646191807.png

Fáidh Ceangailte Aigéan
Fáidh couldn't believe her eyes, just as she herself had begun channelling her grace Zao began to unleash his barrage of lightning. Fáidh had read the stories and heard the tales but to actually witness Zao unleash this small fraction of his power, it was awe-inspiring. The bolts he hurled at the beast were colossal and electrified not only the beast but the waters and air surrounding it too. Time and time again the bolts descended and tore apart the beast despite its regeneration. Time and time again Fáidh felt herself shaken to the core, such amazing power, such mastery. Zao's lightning made her own seem non-existent in comparison, just how long did it take for him to grow so strong? How much did he sacrifice?

As the lightning barrage came to a halt Fáidh once again was left speechless. Zao proceeded to cast a Papal level exorcism spell and obliterate the undead with what seemed to be no effort at all. The spell Zao had cast was documented in the hallowed halls of the Imperial Churchs Secret Library and only the Emperor and Pope should have been able to cast such a spell. How did Zao know the spell formula and how to cast it? Zao was, of course, one of the closest people to the gods having more Graces than one had ever achieved before but still, he was supposedly absent when the spell was documented. The entire ordeal left Fáidh utterly awestruck as well as very confused but after some time she managed to settle her shaking body and move back to a stand. Zao had ordered the abomination Shugon to aid students in returning to the ship but Fáidh would never allow such a thing and instead used her chains and the rocks to catapult herself back onto the deck of the ship where she waited for Zao to address the class.

When Fáidh was made aware of the true task at hand she felt great disappointment wash over herself. To think she had missed such a simple hidden message. Of course, the only ship left standing would be Zao's, she had let the two abominations she had as classmates cloud her judgment. Her hatred for them had made her blind to the true answer of the task. Fáidh was glad she was able to sink one of the abominations but overall without killing him this was a loss. A loss and embarrassment shed have to carry. Wehn Zao welcomed questions Fáidh waited patiently before offering her own "Admiral Zao, the spell you used. It was a Papal level exorcism spell. A spell that only the Emperor and Pope are supposed to know how to cast. How did you come to master such a spell? The only record of how to cast it is locked deep within a vault." Fáidh spoke clearly but quietly, her voice was still somewhat shaky but overall her stance was perfect and showed a great deal of respect. "Actually Admiral, if I'm only allowed one question I'd rather you tell me how I can grow stronger"

1611790176229.png
Bartholomew H. Midas
Zao's Ship | "What a dumb first lesson."

Among the people who were on Zao's ship there would be one who looked out of spot, one because he wasn't meant to be in this class and two because he wasn't wet. At a passing glance those astute could remember him as another one of the students on a different ship who were also in the destruction path of the undead sea leviathan but unlike the rest of his team mates who were drenched and tired he seemed relatively alright.

Putting his hand up he would ask the admiral;

"Can I join your class? I'm not going to make a speech about being worthy, but I can handle it and you're my best stepping point for the future."

While he asked that his other hand would trail behind his back, a small hole opening out sight of the teachers, the insides of it looking like a mass of red swirling chaos. The man would put his hand in the portal, where it would appear behind Faust, slapping him in the back of the skull and dropping a rolled up sheet of paper in his coat. The boy used his out of turn question to hide this other interaction.

The paper read as such;

"I apologize for hitting you, but I can't tell from where I am if your coat has pockets and I didn't want you to miss my message. I'm the one who just asked the question, without beating around the bush I am planning on selling drugs on school grounds in mass. You seem like someone with zero to negative morals, so if you cover for me I'll give you a tax. If you need stuff from the outside in mass you can also ask me for it, I'll give it to you at a discount.

Bart Midas."

Birdsie Birdsie LostHaven LostHaven @AnyoneElseWhoWantsToBeInvolved.

Faust Windfallow
Zao's Ship -> Stormcrest Library | "I'm already liking this year's class."

Unlike his colleague, Faust failed to hold in his snicker after hearing the rabbitman's question. Sure, given her outward appearance, the lich identified the creature to likely be one of Chester's pets followers, and hence it followed that Luna likely lived, for the greater portion of her life, in an environment that was not so updated on the occurrences of the world, and thus may have very well been unaware of the name of the Dragon of the East Wind, but Faust found her obliviousness amusing nonetheless. Among the participants, she was the one who kept her anger the least well-hidden, practically hissing at the headmaster's humiliation. He quietly watched Shugon approach the girl and place a hand on her shoulder as to comfort her, but there would be not even a grain of sympathy nor pity from the undead.

His thoughts would be interrupted rudely by a sharp knock to the head, which caused the lich to turn around, cursing. However, his interest quickly shifted away from exacting petty revenge upon the little shit who dared hit him in the skull, toward the note that had been slipped into his cloak. Unfurling the rolled-up sheet of paper, Faust's 'eyes' darted across the page, becoming noticeably intrigued. If one were to look his direction, they would notice him glance up from the note and at the orange-haired boy who ad identified himself on the note as the sender. Rolling the sheet back up, Faust tossed the note in the air, before it vanished in a small flash of azure light. Bart would find that the sheet had somehow found its way back into his pocket, with a small message burnt into the back of the note.

"See me at my office whenever."

There was zero direction as to where his office was, or which professor he was, but they would have to eventually take his class soon enough anyway. For the time being, with his risen leviathan turned to dust, there was little left for the lich to entertain himself with, and he'd accomplished his goal of taking a look at this year's 'special' class anyway - it was time for him to return to his antics and bizarre hobbies. The lich tapped the deck twice with his foot. "Open," he commanded, prompting a line of azure light to tear through the space before him, travelling in an arcing motion until it created an archway, swirling with unstable energies that would most certainly deter one from ever attempting to step through such a haphazard tear in space. Faust proceeded to then unceremoniously lift the chair on which Lan sat with one hand, with the 'professor' still seated, and nonchalantly tossed the piece of furniture and the bag of flesh that came with it into his portal, before following himself.

In the same instant that he stepped through, Faust found himself back at Stormcrest, standing in its impressively vast library. However, the damned librarian was nowhere to be seen. As per usual. "Oi you book-whore, you in there?!" he yelled at the top of his lungs. Did the headmaster tie her up and hang her somewhere again? "If you're tied up or something, just scream, if you're also gagged, then fire off light magic or something, and if the ropes also seal magic and suck findross then you're fucked and I can't help, so I'll just help myself to whatever the fuck's in here!"

As for Lan? To be honest, Faust had already forgotten which coordinates he had set when tossing her in. She may end up, by pure chance, at exactly where she needed to be at that moment by some heavensent miracle, or, more likely, she'd find herself stranded in some unflattering position and at some unfortunate location.

June Verles June Verles Silver Wolf Silver Wolf Reinhardt Reinhardt

Last edited:
Headmaster Zao

The Headmaster observed as the children around him started to ask off-topic questions about magic and power, often answering their own questions or having them answered by the others. This was - he thought amusedly - why he usually never allowed to ask people questions.

It was moments later that Zao's brow twitched, as he suddenly realized there was an unaccounted student on the ship that had somehow escaped his attention. Had the Loom of Fate snarled itself and delivered the boy onboard through an acausal glitch? There were meant to be no ships in the surrounding waters - the entire section of the sea had been scheduled for a morning lesson exclusive to his class.

The young boy was also, very unsubtly, Anathema, and he'd passed a note explaining his job as a drug dealer to one of the staff members... More worryingly - or perhaps unsurprisingly - said member accepted, or perhaps intended to deliver the information to Zao later. The Headmaster mentally decided to let this become a test of loyalty, and noted to check in later.

He also naturally decided the young Anathema boy would be an excellent addition to the class. Reality glitch or not, he was quite a stealthy one.

"I'll consider your application, Mr. Midas - for now, consider yourself a member of this class. I'm afraid, however, this lesson is concluded. If I remember, your next scheduled lesson was on marine biology. I'm leaving these youths in your hands, Shugon," Zao said, moving across the deck and waving his hand in a circle. Soon after, a blazing ring of dark crimson appeared in the air, extending passage back into Stormcrest to the Headmaster. He disappeared into the portal as it closed.

Silver Wolf Silver Wolf Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian Noble Scion Noble Scion Uasal Uasal HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade Reinhardt Reinhardt June Verles June Verles

1611904400710.png
Bartholomew H. Midas
Zao's Ship | "Wow that actually worked?"

The clandestine new addition to the class would raise his eyebrows in surprise at the response of the admiral, usually when he appeared out of nowhere he would either get shot at or have the paladins called in on him. He couldn't really blame them though, that's what happens when you walk in our demonic gateways to Malfeas armed with visible guns plated in gold. It was just nice to not be discriminated for his choice to make a deal with the literal devil.

Unfortunately he couldn't dwell on the school's very, and I mean, VERY relaxed acceptance criteria for too long. Because as both of the most obviously powerful sorcerers dissipated from the area it left them stranded in the middle of the ocean with no avenue to escape, all in the hands of the squid teacher and it's not like he could use his own portal creating grace to leave. Such long range transportation would either require him to be cut up in multiple pieces or experience direct corruption to the energy of Malfeas.

"Professor Shugon can we be at ease?" Young Bartholomew Midas would ask while already pulling out a sealed wooden crate from his portals, to sit on, followed by a thermos, also gold plated for whatever reason. Pouring himself out a cup of what seemed like green tea Bart would take a nice long sip.

Looking at the holy looking fellow student who was left standing he would address them.

"Sucks he didn't answer either of your questions. Probably on purpose however, what would be the point of making us go through this if he just told us how to get stronger. They need to make their money's worth of salary."

Uasal Uasal Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian @AnyoneElseWhoWantsToBeInvolved.

Lan Xiang Huang

Whilst the others communed, Lan(1) was already conversing with the staff responsible for the restrained student and notified them that it should be fine to leave them alone now. However, before she could give them specific instructions as to how to do just that, her chair had been yanked by a certain being of bone - sending her flying headfirst into a spatial rift.

A second after, she fell straight into an oversized cauldron, large enough to be considered as a bathtub, filled with freshly cooked stew. The creamy fluids spilled out of its container, taking with it several key ingredients to the recipe - various chopped meat, finely seasoned vegetables, and more.

The next second that passed, Lan(1) burst forth from the ruined meal, with a rather annoyed look on her face. Such an expression was rarely seen, and those that were in the vicinity didn't know what to do after seeing it - should they go and help her out, or should they stay at a safe distance in case her wrath goes loose?

Choosing the second option, everyone that was present stood at a distance, silently watching with wide eyes as Lan(1) rose from the cauldron and stepped unto the cold, wooden floor, drenched in the remnants of a perfectly good stew.

Fortunately, Lan(2) came right on time. It was in her itinerary today to inspect the kitchen's activities, and she was there to witness the inexplicably unfortunate appearance of her other self. The gazes of the two Lans locked, and without a word they understood exactly what happened.

"Alright, everyone.", Lan(2) spoke loudly. "Start cooking another stew. This is just an unanticipated magical accident, nothing to be concerned of."

Lan(1) shook off a few fragments of food that stuck onto her and her drenched clothes, slowly cooling off her temper until she eventually emanated the same old aura she held, only this time in a not-very-presentable look. "If this causes unnecessary expenses, make sure to file them properly and send the accounts to my office."

A resounding positive response of affirmation came forth from the crowd in the kitchen.

"Get to work, everyone.", Lan(2) added, before the two left together, heading towards the private baths to get Lan(1) cleaned up.

Interaction/s: Faust ( LostHaven LostHaven )

Eberron
arcane-gunslinger.jpg

Eberron was surprised by the sudden appearance of a new classmate. What surprised him even more was the fact he was armed with firearms. Although that surprise then quickly soured to annoyance as he got a brief glance at the runes inscribed upon the weapons. Highly inefficient. The wielder would be dead after a few shots. And extremely tacky... Gold plating?! Screams Noble snob.... He thought before turning his attention towards a notepad filled with sketches, notes, and complex metallurgic and alchemical formulas. If one were to look carefully, and had the requisite knowledge, they would see several custom and unknown runes, along with some that would translate to both gravity, and motion.

Idly, he reached into one of his pouches and pulled out what looked to be a orichalcum cog, about the width of his fist and held it out to the small golem who took it eagerly. To the surprise of any watching, the metallic being began to literally eat the strong metal as if it were a pastry, humming in delight.

Not looking up from his notes the artificer spoke up. "Kidd, you asked me earlier of i could teach you runes? Meet with me after classes and we'll discuss it. Power always has a cost, and knowledge is the greatest power there is."

Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade June Verles June Verles @ Anyonepayingattention

"I'd be fine with that, Eberron. I think I'll hit the library if we have any time before lights out after class, however. We can compare notes before bed." Said Kidd, having completely missed the point of his first lesson at Stormcrest academy. All the headmaster's experience and wisdom had gone completely over his head, and he was scrounging around the conversations around him for useful information. Most people had already gone off on their own tangents by the time the headmaster had teleported himself away. Useless ones to William's quandary for information. He then waded through the crowd closer to Shugon Ragsdale, his next professor for the morning.

"Professor, it's nice to meet you. Sorry for not addressing you earlier, I'm William Kidd, captain of the Adventure Galley." He extended a hand and silently hoped his professor's own was not slimy. "I don't suppose your lesson will be a bit more... constructive... than the Headmasters." Said William with a grimace immediately after. "Beg your pardon, Teach, I hope you won't mention that to Zao. I'm sure he already thinks I'm useless. I've just had my fair share of being thrown into the sea, and didn't really see the point of it today if that's not what he wanted in the first place." William seemed to still be working out the headmaster's motives as he spoke ahead of how fast he could think.

Mentions: HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian

Shugon Ragsdale
An Octopus Summons. Interactions: June Verles June Verles Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade Uasal Uasal Silver Wolf Silver Wolf & any other student. Mentions: Same as interactions, also Birdsie Birdsie

With colleagues gone, students left to be tended, Shugon sighed. Zao could've done Shugon the courtesy of transporting his material. The stowaway-turned-student approached Shugon. Asking if there was any possibility to be relaxed. Fortunately for him, the professor did not wish to have any ill-will. "If Zao has accepted you for now, then I too shall accept you." A booming message was sent to the new addition before Shugon began walking towards the starboard gunwale. William Kidd then approached him and asked if this first lesson will teach the class anything. "You'll see." He answered while twisting and turning his mouth-tentacles as if forming a devilish grin. Once he reached the edge, he hopped on, landing on his heel. Teal flames sprouted alongside Shugon's onyx eyes. The sea began to rustle. Shugon spun around to face his students. "Class, it would be in everyone's interest, including mine, for you to follow me!" The enthusiastic professor roared as he tucked his hands into the pockets of his pants and stepped over the edge.

When the students peek over the starboard side, they'll be met with the back of an exceptionally grand turtle. Three rows of spikes travelled from neck to tail. Its shell cracked from battle and age. Those on the far sides could see the turtle's face, equally scarred as its shell. Curiously, it had bony lips that ended into a single point. The ginormous eyes are faded orange with black circles that radiated from the dark centre. The shell had a shaded turquoise colour. While the long flippers could be periodically seen, floating above and below the ocean's seam. They were dark green with white freckles.

Shugon walked to the frontend of the shell. With his left hand, he grabbed the middle spike while looking towards the top of the boat at his students. "Climb aboard, mind the spikes, I don't want my students getting skewered on the first day." He invited them to the sea beast while the teal jets of flame continued to pour from Shugon's eyes.

Last edited:
1612042042891.png
Bartholomew H. Midas
Zao's Ship | "Nice ride teach."

Coming from a city where it was customary to stare daggers at someone while brandishing lethal weaponry as a greeting the young man would obviously notice the annoyed glare of his apparent senior in age. The man who fashioned himself to be some sort of tech aficionado could banquet upon his posterior for how much he cared, he was covering all of his stuff in gold because he could and he liked the colour. People staring at him was just free publicity.

Getting up from his seat upon the crate the boy would pick it up as he walked to the edge of the ship to look at their professor who apparently just committed suicide after being possessed by some flame spirit that manifested in his eyes. Much to his lack of surprise staring over the edge he would spot his teacher still alive, on top of a creature straight out of the Mesozoic.

"Very nice."

He would comment as he would hop off just as simply too, disappearing in one of those hellish portals along with his crate and thermos and stepping out of a similar portal right next to him without either. Patting thee squid man's shoulder he would offer a small size squeeze bottle of high quality eye drops.

"For you sir and forgive me if I step out of line, as I am not an expert in marine wild life. But shouldn't you give this turtle a break? Veteran retirement or something along those lines, give it a nice send off gift like a tea set you know?"

Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest

Eleonora Luna - Ocean
1611568941951-png.837395
Getting her response and an insult on top, Luna didn't bother replying, instead muttering the name "Zao" to herself quietly. It didn't sit right on her tongue, so she just kept grumbling it to herself. Those that wronged her would meet their fate at a later date.

She heard some distinct footsteps but didn't think much of it as there was several people on the boat, but as she felt a hand on her shoulder, she flinched before turning to face her teacher, giving him a toothy hiss, and retreating away. Touching her was reserved for those close, and while she didn't know their customs, that was not a boundary she was going to allow to be broken unless it was necessary.

It seemed that a new student had joined their ranks, but like the others, they didn't particularly garner much interest from her, aside from being very noisy with all the things they were apparently carrying. She'd leave them well enough alone, she felt cornered enough without making more enemies. That was the nice thing about grudges, they don't 'cause you any trouble until you act on them.

Following the rest of the class, the rabbit-girl begrudgingly boarded the turtle along with the others, her face cold and miserable. She'd decided she hated humanity and... squid people, she supposed, and wasn't afraid to make that obviously as she simply grimaced and stared at the endless ocean.

Sitting on one of the rear seats, she continued her quiet mutterings of "I hate salty water." and "I want to go home." along with various other softly-spoken complaints. She'd almost died to bears and had a grander time than this.
Birdsie Birdsie Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian June Verles June Verles

William put his hand back by his side and watched the magical fire erupt from Shugon's eyes. He stayed quiet as the man walked over the side of the ship. He let out a small sigh and fell into the same grim mood that seems to have gripped everyone else in attendance of the classes today. He wasn't quite concerned for his professor's safety seeing as the man was a sea creature, but did take a few paces to at least see his plans. The reptile which presented itself from some unknown depths did get an interested whistle from the pirate.

"I've seen some big ones I thought were the result of too much drink on the waters at night, now I wonder if my eyes were accurate." Two students beat him in boarding the rather avant garde switch from their current vessel without question, and William shrugged his shoulders and hopped down onto the thing with his knees bent to break his fall. He would find a position in the middle of the beast and sit cross legged, leaning up against one of it's spikes and awaiting instruction from his teacher. When the rest of the students had boarded, he opened one eye to spy where Faidh had taken up temporary residence. It'd be only fair to thank her for not allowing him to be smashed and drown along with their ship. She didn't technically have to save him, and at least preserving her good graces was at the top of the list. No one wants to look ungrateful.

Mentions: Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian Uasal Uasal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back