• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Guardians(Leopard&Svenny)

Of course Adysin heard. She stiffened at the sound of her name beginning to form in the girls mouth. Adysin's throat closed as she struggled with the tears that sprang to her eyes. Ryder hadn't even been able to say her name, and it hurt to know that she didn't want to talk to her. She had been the one to reject Addie at the end, and yet, she clearly didn't want to speak with her. Adysin tightened her grip on Annabel, who just looked at her mother with curious baby blue eyes. The poor girl was all innocent in this, not aware of what was causing the tension she could feel between the two girls. All she knew was that something had changed between them, but she couldn't tell what. Silence followed Ryder's slip, the only sound were the combat boots Addie wore hitting the ground with loud thuds against the white tiled floor. Adysin remained silent until she reached the entrance to the dinning hall, when she gathered enough strength to turn around and look in Ryder's general direction, still not able to meet her eyes. "You can join me for lunch if you wish," she murmured. Mar stood next to her, her fur brushing against the black combat pants that the Academy had supplied them. The contact her Guardian gave her calmed Adysin down slightly, her emotions kicking up a storm inside her. As much as she didn't want to continue to have to be around her, as much as she just wanted to go somewhere more private and somehow drown her sorrows, she wasn't going to be rude. They were both there for the food, might as well sit together. It was better than facing a whole swarm of students alone. Although they were the same age as the students attending Clemments, Adysin felt as though she was many moons older than them. These students were still sheltered behind these walls, but Ry and Addie had experienced the real world, the real threat that loomed over this place. Finally Addie moved her eyes slightly upward to meet her gaze, just for a second, before her heart clenched with pain and she had to look away.

Ryder felt something inside her start to click into place when Adysin turned and spoke to her. But when she refused eye contact, it didn't quite make it. Wetness glazed over her eyes, and she struggled to blink them back. "Yes, I'd like that." Her voice was just above a whisper. She couldn't tell Addie just how much she'd like that. Then Adysin's eyes met hers for just a second, and Ryder felt something inside of her seize with pain. This wasn't how they were supposed to be. Ryder had messed up. She had messed up majorly. She wanted to apologize. She wanted to throw herself in Adysin's arms, cry it out, and tell her just how right she was. That she had been spot on about Stella. But Ryder wasn't sure she could go back to what they were before. Dancing around the subject of them. Having little moments here and there. She didn't know if her heart could take that. She knew Adysin loved her. She also knew she loved Adysin with ever fiber of her being. But she didn't know if her heart was strong enough for all of that. All of this had played through her mind the the second that Adysin had connected their gaze, and Ryder wasn't sure what the taller girl hsd seen there, but sue did her best to keep the unshed tears from shining in her eyes.

Although their eyes met just for a split second, it was long enough for her to see the tears in Ryder's eyes. Everything in her shattered, and she gripped onto Annabel to yep herself grounded. Without realizing it, she was holding onto her daughter a little too roughly. "Owww, mom!" Annabel exclaimed. Addie loosened her grip on her instantly and muttered a sorry, struggling with her own tears. Seeing that pain in her eyes tormented her, "Ry.." she whispered. She felt herself take a step towards her, but stopped with her hand outstretched. She looked at it before letting it drop to her side. The last thing they both needed was any kind of contact. That would break any kind of resolve she still had. Instead, she turned and opened the door to the cafeteria. The tables inside were lined with students, seat to seat, tray to tray, back to back, and face to face. When Adysin walked through the door, a hush fell over the room. Heads turned towards them the moment they stepped through the threshold. When had they become the center of curiosity? Letting Annabel hop down, she watched her daughter toter off with Addie trailing her, shooting death stares at anyone who dared come close. The moment she stepped into the room, the pain she had felt a moment before, washed away until the numbness she usually felt. Adysin followed Adamaris and Annabel, looking over her shoulder at Ryder, seeing if she was following.

Ryder followed, her heart heavy. Hearing the nickname Adysin used for her was too much. Zayden, who had been following behind Ryder, had to nudge Ryder along and he led her over to the line for food. Once loaded up with a sandwhich, a cup of fruit, some steamed veggies, and a bottle of water, Ryder found herself a spot at the end of a table, with the nearest person five seats away. She had heard their silence as she had stepped into the room with Addie. It seemed there had been talk of their arrival. Unsure how she felt about that, Ryder wished she could hide behind Adysin. Or at least curl into her chest and let Adysin hold her. When Ryder looked up to see where Adysin was, her eyes locked with Stella's instead. The girl was across the room, with Freckles hanging onto her side. The tears now started to slowly fall. They were silent and Ryder didn't even care to wipe the away. She simply kept her head down and took small bites of her food.

As they were in line getting food, the chatter that had seized, began again. The people in front of Adysin shifted around awkwardly, casting curious glances her way. How they had all heard about their arrival was a mystery to her, but she wasn't going to fight it. However they had found out, whoever had told them, probably had whispered lies about it anyway. They'd all be bound to not believe there was an attack coming, especially if the Principle was a bit hesitant on the idea too. After filling her tray and her daughters tray with a variety of food, she turned to follow Ryder to a seat. As Adysin trailed behind her, Addie's gaze quickly scanned the surrounding people. It was then that her eyes found Stella, arm around some bimbo. Adysin looked towards Ryder, who had settled in her seat already, and by the fresh tears that were cascading down her cheeks, she knew she'd seen Stella. Blind rage filled Adysin instantly, her body humming with anger. How dare she do that to Ryder, how dare Ryder not heed her warnings, how dare Stella be the reason Ryder rejected her. Addie slammed the tray down on the table, scattering the food upon it about. She rolled up the sleeves of the fresh clothes supplied by Clemments and marched in Stella's direction. By the time she had reached the girl, her vision had faded to black and she was no longer aware of the fact that she grabbed the girl's shirt, tore her from the bimbo and threw her into the wall. Probably not the best thing to do if you're trying to get a school work with you, but she was too angry. Mar had rushed to Addie's side, her hackles bristled with anticipation. The wolf wouldn't do anything unless Addie gave a signal, but it was a Guardian's job to be prepared.

Ryder jumped in fear when Adysin slammed the tray down. She flinced away from her, but settled when she saw her marching over towards Stella. Ryder watched opened mouthed as Adysin threw the girl at a wall and held her there. Ryder saw Fern jump up into Stella shoulder, fur bristling, a growl aimed at Adysin. She also saw Stella's mouth move, but couldn't hear the words. Silence had settled over the entire room.

"Whatever she told you is a damned lie. What did she go running back to her little protector?" Stella smirked at the taller girl holding her in place.

Ryder saw the smirk on Stella's face and stood. She slowly made her way over to Adysin and lay a hand on her shoulder. "Addie, as much as I'm for this, we can't get kicked out of here until we help these people." Her voice was low and laiden with still falling tears.

Adysin barely blinked an eye at the Guardian that sat on the girls shoulder. Adamaris could snap the cat in half if she really tried. When the smirk formed on Stella's face, Addie's face twisted into a manic grin. Grabbing her by the shirt with both hands, she ripped her from the wall and, just before slamming her down onto the ground, gave her a good punch in the face. From the experiences she had, Adysin knew that she was much stronger than this girl. Adysin also knew that she and this girl were one and the same. Addie had once been a player, had once wooed girls into her bed in different ways. But no one did that to Ryder. "She didn't tell me anything, you pathetic piece of dirt," she growled between her gritted teeth. "Don't waste your breath speaking," Addie slammed her foot on the girls cheat to wind her. She could hear Ryder behind her, and place a hand on her shoulder. Adysin aggressively shrugged Ry's hand off her shoulder, whirling around to face her. "You started this." Without touching her food, she stomped out of the cafeteria, leaving Mar to go collect Annabel.

Ryder lay in her bed that evening. She had been upset and angry all afternoon. She knew Adysin had been right. About so much shit. Most of her anger was at herself. The rest at Stella. As she wallowed in her misery, Zayden had stayed by her side. Now she lay on her bed, on her side, facing Zayden. The large snow leopard was laying on her floor with his head resting on her matress.
"I need to apologize to her." The leopard rumbled his agreement.
"Do you want me to go with you?"
Ryder thought it and then shook her head. "No, I shouldn't be long. I just need her to know that I know I fucked up and that I'm sorry." As she spoke, Ryder stood from her bed, hugged the leopard tightly and made herself look presentable. At the small sink in her room, she washed her face, clearing away the tear stains. Her eyes were still bloodshot and red, but she knew there was no fixing that. She ran a brush through her tangled hair. Finally, Ryder pulled on a pair of shoes and headed out of her dorm and to Adysin's. Once at the door, she gave a gentle knock.

After her confrontation with Stella, Adysin's emotions brewed inside her. She had gone outside to blow off some steam. Adysin decided to drive her dagger deep into the wood of creaking trees. With aimed and calculated throws, she drove dagger after dagger deeper into the bark. She loved her daggers, they had bone hilts, each carved into it's own design. They were crafted to perfectly fit someone's hand. The blades looked silver coated in the golden light that peeked through the branches from the setting sun. By the time she returned to her temporary dorm room, Mar was inside with Annabel. The little girl ran towards her mother, wrapping her arms tightly around Adysin. Addie cradled her in her arms, feeling immediately more at ease. She spent most of the rest of the night on the bed with Annabel cuddling her, watching a variety of movies on the television and laughing with her daughter, until her stomach rumbled. It reminded her that she hadn't eaten any of the food from before. In the silence of the night, she walked down the hallways towards the cafeteria to grab a small bite. Grabbing whatever was left over, she returned to her room. Not long after she returned, there was a knock on her door. Mar jumped up, letting out a small growl. Adysin walked towards the door and opened it, only to see Ryder on the other side. Instantly, her heart leaped into her throat. No, she didn't want to talk. She turned away, beginning to close the door.

Ryder felt her heart sink when Addie took one look at her and went to shut the door. "No! Addie..." Ryder took a deep breath and forced the tears back. No. She wouldn't cry right now. She would get through this. "Adysin, you were right. About everything. All of it. Stella wasn't who I thought she was. And I was stupid to ever think she was anything different than she was. I was wrong. I had no idea what I was doing. But she showed affection and held me. And I had felt so shut out. I had needed that and I was wrong to seek it in her. I'm sorry. I'm sorry I didn't listen to you. I'm sorry I ever saw anything in Stella. I'm sorry I didn't tell you I loved you when I should have." Everything was said in a rush of cracking voice and held back tears. At some point the tears had started silently flowing without Ryder even being aware of it. But those last words. They brought her back. She hadn't meant to say that. "I shouldn't have said that. I didn't come here to bare my heart and beg for you to forgive me and take me in. I just came here to tell you that I was horribly wrong and you were right. To tell you that I should've listened to you. Tell you that I'm sorry." Ryder finally looked up and into Adysin's eyes. Her next words were whispered softly. "I'm so sorry."

Adysin stared at Ryder as she babbled on about how sorry she was, for the mistakes she had made. Yes, Addie knew how right she had been. She had known there was something off about Stella's intentions, even if they had changed the longer she stayed with them. She couldn't have known Ryder was so desperate for attention, but she had sensed it. Adysin almost closed the door on Ryder again, not wanting to listen to her pitying herself. But just as Adysin was about to close the door, Ryder spilled the truth about her feelings. The moment Ryder said she loved Adysin, something inside her clicked into place. All the pain she had felt only moments ago began to recede. "Shut up," Adysin whispered as she, without thinking, Adysin reached out and grabbed Ryder by her shirt. In a swift movement, she pulled her into her for a kiss. When their lips locked, Addie sighed slightly and brought her hands to Ry's face to wipe the tears away with her thumbs. She could taste the saltiness of the tears, but she didn't mind. After pulling away, Adysin ran her thumbs over her cheeks and smiled gently at her, "You should have said that a long time ago."

Ryder gasped at the movement, but the second her lips met with Addie's, Ryder melted into the touch. She wound her arms around Adysin's waist and held onto her. When Adysin pulled away, much too soon for Ryder's liking. "Should have said which part? The part about you being right? Or me being the touch starved thing that I am?" Even at such an emotional time, Ryder still found a moment to joke. But then her voice turned soft and sweet. She smiled softly abd gazed up at Adysin with large, glistening eyes. "Or that I love you?" Ryder leaned into Adysin's touch and then moved a little closer and rested her head on Adysin's shoulder. "I do love you." Ryder couldn't stop the words. It was like since she had spoken the truth she held in for so long, she had to keep saying it. She had to make sure Adysin understood that she meant it.

Adysin still held Ryder's head in her hands, running her thumbs over her cheeks. It was as though she was afraid that if she let go, Ryder would disappear and it would all be a dream. A small smirk crossed her lips at Ry's joke, "I knew I was right, my little fish." Perhaps Adysin should be more apologetic, but it was in her nature and she couldn't help herself. Warmth flooded through her at hearing the words slip from her lips yet again, and she couldn't help but lift her chin so that Ryder was looking into her eyes. "And I love you," she whispered before drawing her in close again. As they kissed again, Adamaris sneaked by, leading Annabel into the hall. The girl, although oblivious to the happenings of the two women, knew she had to leave. Annabel didn't hesitate as she followed Mar out of the room and down the hall. Adamaris was headed towards Ryder's room. Adysin pulled her farther into the room, turning around so she closed the door with her back.

Once Adysin backed them into the room and turned her back to the door, Ryder leaned into her. She gently pushed her back onto the door, but gave her plenty of room to get away if it became too much. Ryder stretched up and kissed Adysin before lowering herself back down off of her tippy toes. She gazed up at Adysin and bit the side of her lip. She knew that this would be different. It would be different than all of their little moments that lead up to this. Even different than that one time in the shower. And that was because they had admitted how they both felt. Granted Ryder was a little late to that party. But better late than never. Ryder leaned up one more time and pressed her lips to Adysin's before pulling away and walking towards her bed.

Adysin smiled down at Ryder, her eyes dancing with excitement and happiness. It had been so long since she had felt anything like this. Yes, the little moments had brought her happiness, but they had all been brief. This felt consuming, everlasting. Like this had been the moment she had been living for. She had felt desire, she had felt lust, but she had never felt love like this for anyone before. It made the experience all the much different. A smirk played across her lips as Ryder turned away from her, leading her towards the bed. "Are you sure you want this, Ry?" she asked softly as she followed her to her bed. All of a sudden she got a bit nervous and unsure, her eyes desperately searching Ryder's.

Ryder turned back around towards Adysin. The words sounded like Adysin didn't want Ryder at first. But once Ryder turned around to gaze into Adysin's eyes, Ryder knew that was far from the truth. Ryder felt a blush grow rosy pink on her cheeks. She silently nodded and then stepped backwards, closer to the bed, pulling Adysin along with her. Ryder was more sure of this than she had ever been sure of anything at all. Ryder wanted Adysin. The a doubt played into her mind. What if she left just as Stella had? Ryder shook her head. No. Adysin was nothing like Stella. Ryder looked back up at Adysin, and spoke, her voice low and quite. "I'm positive, Addie."

When Adysin woke the next morning, she remembered every detail of the night before. She remembered every touch and every kiss they had shared, and if she thought hard about it, she could still feel them against her skin. Ryder was curled up against her, her arm slung across Addie's body, and their legs intertwined. Feeling her bare skin against hers reminded Adysin again of what had transpired in the hours previous. She didn't regret a single thing, only that they hadn't done that sooner. A small smile crept over her face and she absentmindedly ran her fingers over her arm, her skin warm to the touch. The one window she had was shaded by the blinds the room had come with, so she couldn't tell exactly what time it was. Adysin wasn't sure how much sleep they had gotten, since it was relatively dark in the room. As she shifted to get a better look at Ry, weight pressed down on her bladder, reminding her that she had to pee. Gently unwrapping Ryder from herself, she slipped from the bed.

Ryder groggily woke when she felt Adysin shift in the bed. Her cheese flushed as the events of the night flooded her mind. It was everything she had hoped it would be. And now, with Adysin's skin still pressed into hers, Ryder felt the most content she had felt in a very long time. Ryder started to snuggle deeper into the mattress for hopfully a few more minutes of sleep when she felt Adysin untangle herself. Alarm bells buzzed in Ryder's head and panic shot through her. No. No. This couldn't be happening again. Adysin wasnt like that. Adysin wouldn't do that to her. Then Ryder remember the countless times Adysin had told her about all of those one night stands she used to partake in. Tears sprang into her eyes and she sat up. She flashed a hand out and grabbed Adysin's wrist just as she stood up from the bed. Her voice thick with tears and sleep, she pleaded with Adysin. "You're not leaving me are you?" The panic was still flaring in her chest, she struggled to force the tears down.

Adysin's heart twisted as those frail words reached her ears. She knew she was not innocent in the slipping away after sex, but she had never spent the night with anyone except for Sam. It hadn't been her thing. Adysin had always preferred to sleep alone, but getting up and untangling herself from Ryder had been one of the hardest things she'd done. She knew this response was because of Stella, and for a split second, anger made her skin boil. Taking a deep breath, she let the anger fade away, and crouched down in front of Ryder, reaching out with her free hand to wipe away a stray tear that had slipped from her eye. Leaning over, she placed a gentle kiss on her lips, "I'm not leaving, my little fish. Although, if you hold onto me any longer, you might regret not letting me leave," she chuckled, "I was going to go to the bathroom, and then slip right back into bed with you. Unless, you want to come to the bathroom with me?" Her voice remained gentle and calm, despite the joke she threw in there. She did her best to sound reassuring. The last thing she wanted was to send the girl into a panic, "We could continue last night in the shower?" a smirk crossed her lips and her eyebrows wiggled suggestively.

Ryder felt the panic that gripped her heart lighten her hold as it receded. She leaned her head over into the hand that brushed away a tear. When Adysin kissed her gently, Ryder smiled into the kiss. Ryder let go of Adysin's wrist. She ran both thoughts over in her head. A shower with Adysin did sound tempting. However, snuggling in bed with Adysin sounded so like heaven right now. "Hurry back." Ryder sank back into the bed and settled into the pillows. "But maybe we can revisit that show idea another time?" Ryder bit her lip at the thought of repeating the previous night's events. She smiled sheepishly at Adysin. "I would like that, very much." Ryder reached over to the bedside table and picked up her phone bringing to her face. It was nice to have it back. She wasn't a fan of not being able to charge it while traveling like they were. Ryder enjoyed having a stable place to be and stay. And now Adysin was here with her. And Annabel was with them. For a moment she wondered where the kid was at. Then her mind brought up the image of Annabel being led out of the room by the large white wolf. She was sure the two had made their way down to her room and shared the space with Zayden.

"I will," Addie spoke softly as she rose to her feet again and headed to the bathroom. Although spending the night away from Annabel had been nice, especially with the turn of events, a part of her mind wondered how she was and itched to be with her daughter again. But, the prospect of crawling into bed with Ryder, wrapped in a cocoon of warm blankets, was even more appetizing. She had never been the one to cuddle up after sex, but the thought of doing that with Ryder made her heart flutter a bit. Walking out of the bathroom she looked at the girl still wrapped up in the blankets and paused for a moment, taking in the view. A smile spread across her face and she tried to capture this memory forever in her mind. No matter what happened, she'd always remember this night. Addie crawled into bed behind Ry, wrapping her arms around her and nestled her head into the crook of her neck, placing gentle kisses there. "Was that fast enough for you?" she asked with a chuckle in her voice.

As Addie slipped into bed behind her, Ryder put her phone away. She let Addie wrap around her. She shivered happily at the kisses being placed on her neck. "Yes," Ryder answered in a breathless voice. Ryder turned in Addie's arm and nuzzled her head into Addie's chest. The smaller girl wrapped an arm around Adysin's side and held onto her. Ryder placed a kiss right at the base of Addie's throat and slowly worked her way upwards. She placed a final kiss right on her jawline and then returned her head back to Adysin's chest, placing her ear near her heart. She listened to the soothing beat as she clung onto Adysin. Ryder loved this turn of events. Having Adysin hold her, being able to hold onto Adysin, it was so much better than being turned away from. It was better than being used and then left. It still hurt when she thought about how Stella had treated her. Though, she knew she should have known better. When Ryder spoke again, it was in a quiet voice. "I'm sorry about earlier. I know you're nothing like her. I know that." Her fingers fiddled nervously with the shirt at Adysin's back.

Addie smiled when Ryder turned around to face her. Just as she was about to murmur something, the girl started placing kisses over her neck, causing her breath to hitch. Adysin's hands slipped gently into her hair, tugging at it gently. Her heart sped up slightly, only to settle again when the girl stopped. Addie closed her eyes for a moment, holding her against her, enjoying the moment. When Ryder brought up Stella, her heartbeat rapidly increased as anger started to settle back in. Taking a few deep breaths, she tried to calm herself before answer. She thought of her daughter, that carefree laugh and smile, and she thought of how Ryder was in her arms at that very moment. Slowly her heart rate began to drop. "Unfortunately, Stella and I are alike in ways that probably elude you. I have done what Stella did, but I never lead anyone on. They knew it would be a one night stand," Adysin said, "There's nothing to forgive, you did nothing wrong. I've never told anyone I loved them, I've never felt it before you and I never said it once to get into someone's pants. This isn't some kind of joke or fling to me, I hope you know that."

Ryder heard the change in the beat of Adysin's heart, quickening as the anger flared in her. Before Ryder could backtrack and say anything to take the words back, her heartbeat started to slow. Ryder still clung onto Addie, afraid she'd made her mad and this was all about to end. But then Adysin finished, Ryder nodded. "I know that. I do, Addie." She paused for a moment and then spoke with a fierceness that shocked even herself. "You are nothing like her. Stella was mean and selfish because she could be." Ryder moved closer into Adysin's body so that they were now flush against each other. "I know you mean it when you say you love me. This is all the indication I need." Ryder fisted a handfull of Adysin's shirt into her hand. "The fact that we are lying like this. That we are both still here after last night. That when I even mention her name, your heart races in anger because she hurt me." Ryder closed her eyes and sighed lightly. "I thought I had felt it before. But no one else had made me feel the way you do." Ryder then grinned playfully and raised her head to whisper into Adysin's ear. "Or how you made me feel last night" Ryder gently nipped the ear she whispered into and then settled her head back into Adysin's chest with all the innocence she could muster.

Adysin sighed softly and let her eyes close, this time not in an attempt to calm herself. She was basking in the moment, in the closeness the two shared. Never in her life after arriving at the academy, had she ever wanted to stay tangled up like this with someone the morning after. This closeness had always frightened her after her experience, after the betrayal she had experienced. Ethan had scarred her for life, wounds that ran so deep, Addie wasn't sure if they'd ever heal. She had trusted him, she had thought she loved him, she had felt safe again after the passing of her parents. Yet, laying with Ry, her mind wasn't panicking. She was completely relaxed, and felt safe again. This was all she needed (besides Mar and Annabel) in her life. "I thought I had felt it too. I was wrong until now," she agreed softly, "You've taught me how to love again. It's not gonna be easy, I can't promise that, but I'll always love you." When she mentioned the previous night, a smirk played at her lips, "And I definitely enjoyed making you feel that way," she chuckled, "We can always continue?" she whispered as she brought her lips a few centimeters away from hers, the smirk still there. With a hand she cupped her cheek and ran her thumb over her cheekbone. Addie tilted her head slightly and placed a couple lingering kisses along her jawbone. Pulling away, she smiled at Ryder. In a swift motion she flipped them so that she was on top of her and pinning her to the bed with her hips. Addie kept them that way for a moment before she slipped from the bed, "But we should probably get some breakfast and find my daughter."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back