• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Guardians(Leopard&Svenny)

Ryder felt a blush color her cheeks a dark pink at being called the nickname. "Y-you're..." Ryder cleared her throat for a second before trying to speak again. "You're welcome." She wasn't used to someone calling her any form a nickname other than the occasional 'Ry.' And it coming from Addie made it all the better. She ducked her head away from Adysin as she took the meat offered to her and offered a quiet thanks in return. Ryder knew that Adysin had seen her blush plenty of times. But she didn't quite want the other girl to know just how easy it could be accomplished sometimes. But she'd be lying if she said it didn't make her want to scoot closer to Adysin and maybe have another of their moments they seemed to frequent. Ryder couldn't help herself and slid a little closer to the other girl. She wanted to rest her head on Addie, but she wasn't sure how that would go over. They had just recently had a chat about how everything would pick up once they were free from all of this mess they were in. And now... Now did not qualify as "free from this mess." So she wasn't sure if that meant they were not allowed any more of their little moments. Ryder suppressed a sigh and took a small bite of the meat she had been handed, her belly suddenly swirled in knots and leaving her not wanting to eat.

Adysin raised an eyebrow as she watched Ryder squirm and scoot closer to her. In a matter of seconds, she saw many emotions flit through her eyes before she finally sighed, shifting to a more permanent one of some sort of sadness. Stifling a sigh of her own, Adysin turned her face to the fire crackling before them and reached out her hand, placing it reassuringly on her thigh. Although she had seen those emotions in expressions before because of her, it never bothered her much until now. Of course, there had been Sam and Adysin had hated seeing her sad because of her, but with Ryder it was different. It almost physically pained her to see it in her eyes, but she said nothing, as always. Removing her hand from her thigh, she turned her attention back to the meat that lay as an adornment in her hands. Lifting it to her mouth, she forced herself to eat even though her appetite seemed to have disappeared. Moving her attention to her daughter who munched the portion Adysin had handed to her, she checked to make sure that she was alright. But as always, Annabel seemed to be subdued, probably because being kidnapped did those things to a little girl, even if Adysin could offer her a better life. Grimacing, she turned her eyes back to the fire, murmuring, "we are probably a couple days out before we reach the other school. Hopefully it wont be much like the previous encounter." Although she loved using her weapons, the thought of having to go through another attack made her a bit nervous. She'd have to send Annabel away again, and she couldn't bare the thought of having her daughter out of her sight for more than a couple seconds. It was crazy how within a couple of weeks, she had found the first person who Adysin seemed to unconditionally love. Wasn't blood supposed to do that? She didn't know, as her upbringing was very different from the girl sitting next to her. Her parents hadn't loved her quite the same way Adysin's parents had. Pushing those thoughts away from her mind, she continued to speak, "I'll take the first shift of staying up, you should get some rest quickly."

Ryder jumped as a hand was placed on her thigh, but quickly settled under the touch. Though the touch was fleeting. She suppressed a sigh as it was pulled away and forced herself to take the last bite if the meat in her hand. She sat in silence, watching the fire dance, until Adysin spoke. Ryder agreed quietly. Hopefully there wouldn't be another fight. Then Adysin spoke again, and Ryder realized just how tired she was. She stood and grabbed a blanket from one of Zayden's packs. She brought it back over to the fire and lay it down on the ground. Ryder lie down with her head near Adysin and her body and feet out to the side. "You wake me up in a few hours, Addie. You need some rest, too." Ryder turned so she was on her side and rested her head on her arm. She willed herself to sleep, and after a few minutes, her breathing slowed and she found herself in a fitful sleep plauged with bad dreams.

Adysin moved towards the entrance of their little grotto, leaning her back against one of the walls. Annabel moved closer to Ryder and settled herself for night, her hand reached out and grabbing onto her shirt. The slightly shimmer of a smile was on her lips at the sight, knowing that Annabel had already taken to Ryder. From this position in the cave, she watched Ryder sleep, her body twitching with every bad thing that happened in her dream. She wanted to comfort her, she wanted to scare away those dreams, but Adysin couldn't. Something deep inside her didn't let her do what she wanted, didn't allow herself to be happy. Addie knew that she would do everything in her power to make sure that she was going to make it out alive, or else she feared that she wouldn't be able to live on. In their two months of traveling together, Adysin had become so dependent on her company, that she didn't even want to imagine what it would be like without her around. But she knew that at some point they would have to part ways. Ryder had so much to live for, and Adysin didn't want to be the person dragging her down. Finally, Adysin turned her head away and towards the outdoors. Her eyes flickered closed as she listened to the gentle crackle of the fire and the rustle of the leaves above them. It was peaceful here, despite imminent danger. After a couple minutes, Adysin opened her eyes and watched the forest turn from dark to light, listened to the fire burn out, and listened as the creatures began to arise. It had been a long sleepless night, but Adysin hadn't even thought twice about allowing Ryder and Annabel to sleep through the whole night. Addie had done this before, and it wasn't going to be the last time. Once there was enough light outside, she rose to her feet and stretched her aching limbs. Moving towards Ryder, she shook her awake, "Ryder, wake up. It's time to go." She knew that scolding was to await her when Ryder was awake enough, but Adysin didn't regret it.

Ryder woke up to the feeling of someone shaking her awake. She cracked one eye and felt a weight near her. Ryder felt a hand tangled in her shirt, and she couldn't stop the smile that graced her lips. She reached her arm out and lay it gently on the girl. She mumbled a tired "I'm up," as her eyes closed again. She lay there for a few moments as she allowed herself to wake up. As she did, something crossed her mind. Eyes shooting open, Ryder rolled over, careful not to disturb the child next to her. "Adysin!" Ryder glared at the girl, "You stayed awake all night! I told you to wake me up. You need the rest!" She kept up her glare at the girl for a for seconds longer before sitting up and gently reaching out towards Annabel. She shook the girl awake with a quiet "Hey, Annabel. Come on, sweetheart, time to get up." Ryder had taken quite a liking to the little girl. Even though she wasn't fond of kids, Annabel had warmed her heart a lot. She was a sweet little girl, and Ryder was happy she was with her mother now. Ryder stood up and walked over to Adysin. "Seriously though, Addie," her voice was full of concern and she lay her hand on her shoulder, "Wake me up next time." She walked over and packed up her bags before waking up the dozing leopard. She placed his packs on his back and turned back to Adysin. "I'm ready when you are."

Having expected the scolding, Adysin's expression hardly changed. There wasn't a doubt in her mind that she would do the whole thing over. Sure, Adysin needed her sleep, but there were other things to worry about and to think about that sleeping seemed to be just a waste of time. Stretching her arms wide, she twisted her body in ways to loosen up the stiff muscles. As much as she didn't regret staying up all night, she did regret staying in one position. Walking towards Adamaris, she greeted her Guardian with a quick kiss on the bridge of her muzzle. Adamaris grunted in protest, not being a fan of much affection. Adysin had trained her that way, mostly because throughout their lives together, Adysin hadn't been in the position to give her all the attention and affection a Guardian required. But now, Adysin and Adamaris were more alike than anyone else she had ever met. Placing everything she had in the right position, she turned towards Annabel who had been stirred by Ryder's getting up. Annabel walked towards her and lifted her arms up, indication that she wanted to be picked up. Adysin scooped her up into her arms, positioning her on her hip, leaning forward and placed a quick kiss on her forehead. In all the times she was in dark places, this little ray of sunshine made it all worth it. Something deep inside her was stirring and changing for the better, but Adysin didn't quite know to what or when. "Okay Fish, next time I will." she stated, lifting her eyebrows at Ryder. "I will try, at least." she added with a little shrug. Turning towards the fire pit, she made sure that the fire was completely out and there weren't any hazards. "We can stop later and make some food."

Ryder stepped out of the little cave with Zayden leading the way. The early morning sunlight made her squint her eyes. It also made the pale green that the tips of her hair had faded to, shine a light green. "As long as we stop soon. I'm hungry." Ryder missed the stability of the school. She always knew when her next meal was going to be. She always knew what the next day held for her. There was never any sleeping in caves or dealing with her pissed off father. But there had also been no annoying, brooding, smartass to tango with either. Nor was there an adorable child that was nearly a spitting image of said brooder. Ryder had come to enjoy both of them in her life. And even the friend that the white wolf posed for Zayden. Another Guardian for him to bond with. Ryder had never been much on friends and thus Zayden never got the chance to make any. Ryder gripped the straps of her backpack and kept on walking as she kept her thoughts running around in her head. As much as she was ready for more stability, she had to thank this whole situation for putting Adysin, Annabel, and Adamaris in her path.

Sleep had never come easily to Adysin, even during her peaceful days at the school. Every night held another difficult for the girl to find any sleep, any escape from the traumas of her youth. Most nights, imagines of the men who had taken her innocence would flash before her eyes, daring her to dream of them and how they had taken her by force. And so, she had come to the point where she only ever slept fully in the presence of others, feeling comforted and protected by their proximity, even if they had no emotional connection. Yet, with Ryder, it had always seemed to be different. From day one, she had been able to sleep soundly, had been able to sleep without dreams, without waking up with her clothes damp from terrors. Just as much as it made Adysin admire and respect Ryder, it also made her fear her. What power did this girl have over her? The question had no answer, and Adysin wasn't hesitant to find it. That night, after the battle, it had been easier to keep away the sleep, memories of countless deaths haunting her every time she tried to close her eyes. So instead, she had watched how Ryder's chest rose and fell with her steady breaths, conformation that the girl still lived. "I'll see to it." Adysin replied as she heard the girl complain over her rumbling stomach. Reaching out her hand, she signaled for Adamaris to come to her side. It took only a heartbeat before she felt the velvety fur of her Guardian, awaiting her command. Go, find something for us to eat. She barked in return, leaping off into the distance, disappearing between the trees. The mother turned to her daughter, then, and scooped her into her arms, fastening her onto her back. They would have a long march that day, and Annabel would need the rest. "Did you sleep well?" Adysin desired some sort of conversation to break the silence, which surprised her.

Did she sleep well? Ryder shrugged a bit. "Yeah... Kinda. I mean I slept through the night. But these cave floors are doing a number on my back. I can't wait for us to find somewhere stable to live." Ryder caught her words after they left her mouth. "I mean find our own places to live." She gave a nervous laugh and hoped that Adysin wouldn't pick up on her words. She knew how she felt about Adysin... But it had been made perfectly clear that nothing would even be considered until they were well away from this mess. But Ryder knew that was a talk for another time and so she changed the subject. "I guess I could ask you the same. But someone didn't wake me up like they were supposed to." She gave a sarcastic little humph and turned a playful glare to Adysin. She knew if, given the option, she would have done the exact same thing for Adysin. Ryder would have let the other girl sleep through the night and get the rest she so desperately deserved.

There was a hesitation in Adysin as she looked towards Ryder, catching her words. Had she been too nice to her, let her get attached? Adysin knew that she was getting more relaxed about it around her, but had she really gotten too soft? Shifting, she felt the urge to do something with her hands, but Annabel on her back prevented her form doing so. "We will find everyone a place to live, I want to help as many people as possible." she murmured softly. Adysin wasn't sure if she was ready to commit herself mentally to something like living together. It meant so many things, many things that she didn't want to think about. Foremost, it meant that she would have to confront her feelings, acknowledge them, and admit them, probably the scariest part of the whole thing. "I knew sleep would not come last night, I wanted to let you sleep. You're not used to combat, you'll need to regain your strength."

"I'd have helped you sleep." Ryder's eyes grew wide as once again, her mouth spoke before her brain could tell it how much of an idiot it was. She knew she had just been shut down by Adysin's comment about her helping as many as she could. And Ryder's face had fallen for a split second before her comment left her mouth. Ryder knew that Adysin was right about her needing the rest, but Adysin couldn't run on fumes forever. So, with her embarrassment gone, she turned her hopeful eyes on Addie and told her as such. "Even the most well-oiled machine can't run on fumes forever." Ryder gently bumped her shoulder into Adysin's arm. "Promise that tonight you'll do your best to get some rest." Then she realized that Adysin would never promise that. No matter how cute of puppy eyes Ryder threw behind it. So she corrected herself. "Or at least say you'll try." Ryder smiled up at her. "I rather like having you around and would rather not have to replace you with someone even more broody." Adysin was her Broody Monster, and Ryder wouldn't have it any other way.

Adysin was skeptical that even Ryder would have helped her catch a blink of sleep that night. The trees stretched far above her, sheltering her with shade and surrounding her with the most beautiful smells. It was what she missed the most from back home, the forests that surrounded her home, gave her family the room to practice their powers. It was only when she felt the bump of a shoulder, did she snap from her memories, her eyes fixing on what was in front of her. The United States of America. What a warm welcome it was. She let Annabel slip from her back and land softly on the ground. The little girl followed behind her mother without much complaint. Would people ever come searching for her? A small crooked smile came to her lips, the look of a child who had been caught stealing extra cookies. "I think you know better than getting promises like that out of me." after a moments pause, she spoke again, "I'll try, at least." It surprised her that even after just a month of being together, she could know her so well already. In the past, it might have made Adysin run away, but today she just felt comforted that there would be at least a friend by her side during the battle coming up. If she didn't make it, at least someone would remember her. "Eventually I will have to sleep, even I can't stay up forever. But at least you got that sleep. After your father.. it must have been hard."

Ryder nodded. Since their encounter with her father and mother, sleep had not been easy. She woke often from dreams and the stress made it hard to sleep in the first place. But she didnt like to talk about it. It brought back the memories of how he acted leading up to throwing her out of the house. And now that Ryder knew her mother let go of her guardian, it wasnt any surprise that she let her husband get rid of Ryder. "But I'll be fine. I'll get over that." Ryder held back a sigh. Would she?

"It's not always as simple as that." Adysin muttered. That was the sad truth of the matter. Sometimes getting over something was simply impossible, despite how hard one tried. Just then, Adamaris returned with a rabbit snuggly clamped between her teeth. At the sight of Adysin, her ears flattened in excitement and leaped the last few steps, placing the animal at her feet. Annabel ran forward and flew her arms around the wolf's neck, earning a grunt from Adamaris. A smile crossed Adysin's face as she watched the scene unfold in front of her. "But with just your luck, perhaps you'll never have to see him again. If you don't want to." She looked back at the rabbit and then around her, seeing nothing but trees. "We can wait, or eat it now?"

"But he's still my father. Hes still family." Ryder shook her head. It didnt excuse his actions. She knew that. But that didnt mean that she wanted to lose him forever. She wanted to take her kids back home to see their grandparents. She wanted her kids to know what it was like to solve spoiled by grandparents. Instead... they would know nothing. She sighed as she watched Annabel hug the wolf. She turned her half hearted grin to Adysin. "We haven't went far. Let's keep walking."

Despite the pain she had felt for many years, the disappointment she experienced thousands of times, through all of the turmoil of her heart, she felt something so pure and simple: sympathy. She'd never be able to see her parents again, she knew that, but if she had one chance, even the slightest.. she would do anything to see them again. Adysin knew that Ryder wanted to make things right with her parents, she understood that. Yet, thinking of that man she called her father sent a flutter of anger through her breast. "Yes, and one can't pick family." she replied. By no means, she would ever make her not see him, but she didn't know why she would ever want to. All the men that had done horrible things to her, she would never feel that powerless against a man again. So, she understood the pain Ryder felt at the thought of her father, but she'd never understand her want to set things right with a man who did horrible things to her, and her mother. But, it wasn't Adysin to make her do something she didn't want to. Quite frankly, Adysin didn't give two damns. It was her life, not hers. It would be something she would struggle with for many years to come. "Alright, on walking we shall go." Adamaris grabbed the rabbit and allowed the girl to climb aboard her back, trotting only slightly ahead of them. "Say the command, and we stop to eat. It'll probably be a few days travel before we reach the other school. I reckon about two nights, three days. Lets hope there's no other trouble." Adysin glanced around them again, still unwary to her surroundings. What if people were lurking behind those trees?

Ryder had checked out again as soon as they started walking again. She vaguely picked up on their time frame for arrival, but it didn't mean much right now. Her mind was still flooding with the thoughts of her family. They had all been so close. Then she had to go and show her stupid powers and bring hell upon herself and her mother. From the sound of it, the troubles between Ryder's parents had been solved. Rita never practiced her powers, had sent away her guardian, and never had any contact with her family. All for her husband's love. Ryder shook her head. She didn't want that. She wanted whoever she fell for to understand her. To understand her powers and her guardian. Whoever you fall for? Who are you kidding? You know exactly who that is. And you know she gets it. Ryder grimaced at her internal monologue. Yes, she knew. And she knew all to well that she stood little chance. She had tried to get Adysin to open up. She had tried for months now. And while she had gained some ground, she couldn't wait forever. It was only causing her pain to wait for Adysin. And while Ryder wanted nothing more than to be wrapped up in the taller girl's buff arms, she knew it wasn't an option. And that itself hurt almost as much as knowing she'd never be apart of her parent's lives again.

As they walked, silence settled around them, one that Adysin welcomed with open arms. No matter how hard she tried, it always seemed to put a strain on her to keep a conversation going, especially one that always carried the threat of changing into something too heavy for her. The girl who walked along next to her was the only person in four years to ever learn of what happened to her before she showed up at the school. Adysin had opened up more to her than anyone else in her entire life, yet she felt like it wasn't enough, she felt as though Ryder was slipping away from her. It terrified her, but what terrified her more was that she knew it terrified her. Why did it? She didn't want to, yet the thought of loosing Ryder did. Shooting her companion a quick glance, she absentmindedly ran her hand through her straight blonde hair. It was hard for her to admit anything, especially things that she didn't quite understand herself. Adysin knew what attraction was, what the want for physical contact was, but she knew nothing of actual feelings. It was hard to admit something she wasn't even aware she was feeling. "Hold on." Adysin's senses suddenly flared as Adamaris came to a stop in front of her, hackles bristling, lips peeling back around the rabbit she held. Dropping down into a crouch, she closed her eyes and pressed her hand against the ground. Calling upon her force field, she channeled it into the ground, searching for anything around them. Through her hand, she could feel footsteps approaching them. Instinctively, she pulled an arrow from her quiver and held it against her bow, her eyes trained on the trees before them. "Who's there?" she called out. She knew it was only one person, but who would be traveling alone in these parts of the forest, so far away from any kind of civilization?

Ryder tensed up and reached for her dagger as she watched Adysin draw her bow. Within moments, water was flowing from the tip of the dagger and coating her hand and the blade.
A girl parted the bushes, her hands up and showing submission. "I'm not looking for a fight."
Ryder took in her slender form, deffiently underfed. She stood taller than Ryder but still shorter than Andysin. Her hair was a wonderful red and freckles littered her entire face and shoulders. Laying around those shoulders, a small feline lay. It was the size of a large house cat, but Ryder could tell it was an African black footed cat. Being about 4 times its usual size, she knew it had to be a Guardian. That meant this girl was a Master. However, Ryder didnt lower her dagger.
"My name is Stella. And judging by your ice dagger and that leopard and wolf, you wont freak out when I tell you that I'm an Earth Bender. And this," she lay a hand on the feline, "is my guardian Fern."
Ryder glared at the girl. Everything in her was telling her to not to let down her guard at all, but she lowered her dagger slightly. "What do you want?"
"Would you believe me if I tell you that I'm lost? Fern and I were a part of a training session with the school when we got lost. Weve been wondering for days, but being new to the school, I have no idea which way to go."

When the intruder happened to be a woman with the most luscious red hair she had ever seen, so red that it almost blinded Adysin as the almost noon sun shone between the canopy. As she stepped into clearer view, Adysin pulled her arrow back, pointing it directly at her chest. Adamaris stepped in front of Adysin, dropping the rabbit and letting out a loud snarl. Atop the white wolf, Annabel crouched into her fur, trying to be unseen. Even with Stella's words, Adamaris continued to snarl. Adysin shot an irritated glance at Ryder as she engaged in a conversation with the stranger. Only when Stella mentioned the school did Adysin's interest spark. "What's the name of this school you speak of?" she asked, acutely aware of how her accent flared when she was tense. If Stella answered correctly, Adysin would lower her bow, but only then.

"Klement's School for Masters. Or for the Gifted for official records." Stella laughed. She bounced forward and shook Ryder's hand. "Its so nice to meet such a beautiful master." She smiled warmly at Ryder before turning a much more muted smile to Adysin. "Or I guess I should say both of you."
Ryder lowered her dagger as the girl gave the correct name for the school. When stella shook her hand and complimented her, Ryder ducked her head away from both other girls and hid the blush that colored her face. She wasnt used to such blatant attention. Adysin always hid behind maybe's and one day's. But maybe Adysin was no longer an option for her. Stella seemed friendly enough. And she was rather pretty. But not as beautiful as Adysin. Ryder's mind betrayed her and she shook her head of the thoughts and realized she hadn't introduced herself. "I'm Ryder. And this is Zayden." She reached and hand up and dug her fingers into his lush fur. "Maybe you could join us? We are headed to Klement's."

Upon hearing the name of the school, Adysin’s eyes narrowed into slits, her bow still aimed at the girls chest. When she stepped forward, Adysin drew the arrow back even more until she realized they were introducing themselves. Finally, she lowered her weapon and replaced the arrow into the quiver. A grunt escaped her lips as she watched them, how blatanly the girl flirted with Ryder. Already, irritation bubbled up inside her chest. “It’s this way.” she stated, failing to introduce herself to Stella and her Guardian. Instead, she ran her hand through Adamaris’s fur until she reached Annabel. When she did, she leaned down and gave the girl a qucik kiss on the head. Ryder had invited the stranger along, and Adysin didn’t have any other choice but to accept it. Pushing herself into action, she walked in the direction she knew the school was located. When she had used her powers in the ground, she knew exactly where it was and which direction they had to travel in.

Last edited:
Ryder followed behind Adysin before turning back and looking at Stella. "Come on. I promise she's not as mean as she seems." Ryder laughed a bit and smiled as Stella joined by her side. The two followed close behind Adysin. Stella walked on Ryder's left while Zayden followed on her right. Ryder got lost for a few moments in silent conversation with Zayden. He didn't exactly trust Stella. But if it gave Ryder someone else to focus except for Miss Broody, Zayden was okay with her, for now. Ryder was shook from her conversation by Fern crossing over from Stella's shoulders and on Ryder's.
"Fern! Be nice now." There was a moments pause as the guardian relied. "Shes just sniffing and investigating. Shes a curious little thing."
Ryder laugh and reached up to pet the cat. The cat ended up turning herself around and laying down on Ryders shoulders with her head facing her Master. Stella laughed as well before she spoke. "I guess Fern has just as great of taste in women as I do." The girl smiled and winked at Ryder. The gesture made her blush and turned away. "Don't do that. Your blush is cute."

Walking slightly ahead of them gave Adysin the slight advantage that no one got to see scowl that was forming on her face. She had met Stella only a minute before and already yearned for her to leave. Adysin knew women like Stella, hell she had once been like Stella. They always looked for the next person to charm into bed, only one goal in mind. Glancing over her shoulder, she saw the look that was Ryder’s face, the same look that was on her face whenever Adysin decided to pay any sort of attention to her. Grumbling to herself, Adysin kept walking her fists curling and uncurling in irritation. Why did their travel still have to be many days? Adamaris looked up at her master, warning her with her crystal blue eyes, she’ll be gone before we know it. I can’t wait for that stinky creature is gone, I can’t stand the stench already. At her remark, a laugh floated from her lips and she bent down to pat her Guardian. “We will stop for food soon.” She called over her shoulder to them. “Maybe you should catch your own food.” A rabbit wouldn’t be enough to feed all of them, that she knew.

Last edited:
"oh! Um, of course!" Stella placed her hand on Ryder's arm. "I'll return in a flash." The girl took off into the trees, and Ryder smiled as she watched her new friend go. She turned a smile to Adysin. "I like her. She's nice." Ryder also liked the attention she got from her. It may not have made her feel the same way that attention from Adysin made her feel... But lately, Adysin had been keeping her distance and shutting her down at every turn, so the attention was very welcome to Ryder. Though Ryder knew that Stella wouldn't be around them for long. Just until they got to the school. But until then... Ryder would welcome the attention she garnered from the girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back