• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Guardian High

Oh. My. Arceus.

If Illaoi weren't better at hiding their emotions the jaw would've hit the floor, this mew. This bumbling, fresh, almost dopey mew was able to do something as complex as that "simply" So that's how they got in.

Illaoi made a note to keep an eye on the mew... It could be dangerous, but it could also be in danger if someone exploited it...

There's quite a bit of whispering in the classroom before Deliope takes charge again.

"Now then, obviously you've all seen quite a bit in a short period of time. Your homework is to create a short presentation about one aspect of the psyche. Due in two days. Class dismissed."

The others file out, except for a trembling Cass.

"Please don't go..." They whisper.

Illaoi didn't know what to do. The poor me was obviously terrified.. leaving then alone seemed wrong. But it was against the rules, Illaoi seemed to exit, but turned invisible at the last moment hovering back in, it was a simple enough trick, but also a very common one, so they were on thin ice. They made a backup of their memories and personality in case something went weird.

"I'm here Cass." using the nickname to comfort them.

The Mew nods and stays quiet.

"That was quite the display back there, young one," Deliope says, not unkindly. "But I'm not sure you fully understand what you did. In a mere second you didn't just change Aliotio's mind a bit, but rather, at their very foundation, who they are. Even if it was a very small adjustment, you saw the effect -- indeed, everyone did. Only one other Mew in legend has been known to have your power, and they were not remembered well, as their legacy became obsession with power. Your gift is not evil, but it is dangerous. You must learn to use it in a way that does not cause harm. Aliotio must be the last casualty. Now then, I have made all the others to forget what you did, even Aliotio -- but I would caution you to recognize your gift and be very careful about using it. It is clear to me you meant no harm, and there will be no discipline for your action -- but the questions of the heart must no longer be asked in class."

"Yes...teacher," Cass says, nodding quickly and nervously.

"Illaoi? You can stop pretending now," adds the teacher. "You and Cass clearly share a bond. From now on I'm assigning their care to you."

They figured, but was glad their memory was kept. The revealed themselves again. "Sorry sir, I did not want him to be alone." But they're caretaker? Illaoi had to babysit?

"Yes sir, I will take this duty with honor. Thank you for not taking my memory or taking disciplinary actions."

"I wish to clarify that being a caretaker does not mean babysitting them. Rather, you will protect their mind from interference from those who may be inclined to influence it. I've also assigned them as your roommate."

"Sir...I don't want to make Illaoi have to...deal with me all the time. I promise I'll be good!"

"I'm not as worried about you, Cassiopeia, as I am about others. But that's enough talk. You are both dismissed. Cass, you have no homework -- Illaoi, I would like you to probe your friend's mind. Find out how it works, then report to me."

"Yes sir." Illaoi said, before turning to Cassiopeia. "It won't be a bother to help you Cassiopeia." Roommate... But in a way that could be great, they already started to form a shield around the younger mews mind, and their own.

"I will protect you the best I can, and I will not fail." The mew saluted to their teacher.

"Very well. Now then, I've given you both the rest of the day off. The information from classes will be transmitted to your study devices. Go get settled in and get to know each other."

For Cass it might as well be a direct order. Additionally, they can feel the sudden shielding in their mind, and it reflects in their eyes as a yellow highlight on the bright blue. They've really never learned to prevent external interference at all.

"I will be careful to listen and learn as best I can. Thank you for not...being mad at me," the Mew almost whimpers.

"WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS DOING THIS?! YOU'RE SO WEAK! DON'T MAKE ME PROGRAM YOU TO SLEEP IN THE THORNBUSHES AGAIN!"

*shudder*

Illaoi bowed once moreas they took Cassiopeia's hand and floated away, suddenly a sharp voice appeared in her mind, yelling....abusive things... Illaoi knew this didn't come from them....it must've come from Cass. It's eyes widened at the words... Once they were a distance away Illaoi turned to him. "I hope you know I intend to keep my promise.... Did...did those mean words come from you?"

"What...words?" asks Cassiopeia worriedly. "I don't...understand. I...thank...you for caring about me. I'm not...used..."

"YOU'RE SO STUPID! WHY DID I EVER BOTHER WITH A MEW LIKE YOU?"

The Mew shakes their head and sobs slightly, then looks to the other Mew anxiously. "We're...roommates now? I hope to learn...a lot from you."

"And I from you...but. first things first, we're going to be friends I've decided. Though I'm very bad at those I know this, friends help each other, and I don't know who's speaking in your mind and abusing you, but what they're saying isn't true." None if this was particularly said with compassion... But resolve, Illaoi knew what they said was true, and made it obvious.

"Friends? What voice? I don't understand...but I would very much like to be friends," Cass says, almost eager in tone, though also shy.

"I OUGHT TO FORCE YOU TO BE AN HM SLAVE! HOW WOULD YOU LIKE THAT, HM?"

*SQUEAK!*

"I really appreciate...you being so kind to me."

He didn't hear them?... They can't be coming from me...

"Well either way," Illaoi put it's hand in Cassiopeia's shoulder. "You're welcome now, let's get to our room and get to know each other better." It was their duty to protect Cassiopeia, they would physically and mentally.

The smaller Mew nods, and smiles just a bit, apparently less afraid than they were a moment ago.

"I'm glad I made a friend on day one. You seem very strong...and very...well...maybe not kind, but certainly good-hearted."

Illaoi thought about the comment for a second, then took it as a compliment. "Thank you. You seem like possibly the purist pokemon I've met." They said honestly.

"Now, a little R&R back in our room."

"That's a very nice thing of you to say about me," replies Cass with a shy smile. "I think I'll learn a lot just by being with you."

The Mews enter the room. It's lightly furnished, with two hammocks and a single device that can hold class data -- a psychic connection center.

"Are...are you hungry? I am. What do you want to know about me?"

The room was nice, very nice in fact. Illaoi looked over to Cassiopeia. "I'm a little peckish, and as for that second part.." They got into the hammock but turned to look back at them. "I think that instead of saying them we'll turn it into a game, I'm supposed know about you, but also help you defend yourself, I'm going to make you get me out if your head, every time you fail to do so,I learn another thing about you. Deal?"

"O-okay," murmurs the Mew quietly, silently sending a signal to the psychic center asking for a meal sent up to the room.

Cass's eyes flash bright purple as they start to raise the defenses they have in place...although they're by no means sure they'll be good enough.

"I'm...ready, I think. Let's play." Even though this is theoretically a challenge, the wide smile indicates more excitement than competition.

Illaoi smiled as well, they had always loved these things. "Alright then, prepare yourself." Their eyes glowed lavender as they imagined a bridge into Cass's mind, on this bridge she floated quickly and deftly, trying to breach his mind,

Let's see how much experiance he has. Luckily the teachers barrier doesnt effect us on eachother.

Cassiopeia wasn't even vaguely prepared for this approach, apparently, as their eyes quickly change to match their "assailants."

"Looks like you win," the Mew says in an oddly submissive whisper. "I wasn't at all ready for that."

Age is the first thing to show -- Cassiopeia's only forty!

"You're only 40?!" Illaoi proclaimed before controlling itself. "Sorry, that's irrelevant, can you see me in your mind?" It questioned.

Though Cassiopeia's she still astounded at the mews age... It was nearly infantile.....

"I can see you...I can only see you..." they reply, almost in a kind of chant.

No wonder the Mew seems so eccentric and naive -- it's basically a child...but then where are the voices coming from? Cassiopeia's mind is wide open -- it's pretty clear it hasn't had time to learn how to protect its own psyche.

"Good...oh Arceus now keep looking at me in your mind and try to push me out, as hard as you can." Illaoi said, coaching the apparent child along.

Only, 40....

Cass nods. "Go...away...go...away..."

It feels more like a nudge than a push. Oddly, though, it is making a difference -- it's just that by the time it works Cass will probably be eighty.

"Please...go...away..." they say plaintively -- the voice sounds more like a surrender than a battle.

"C'mon Cass, don't ask, command, yell at me." The mew command. Why were they so afraid? As per their agreement Cass' mind was scammed again, looking for knowledge.

"Get me out don't ask me out." Illaoi started to pity the mew with such immense power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back