• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Guardian High

JessieSune

Legendary(ish) Pokemon
"Okay. First day. Breathe deep. This is going to be...fun! Enjoyable! I'll make friends, meet new Mew, learn...how to make the world a better place."

The Mew with their backpack can't help but feel an increased pulse as they face the impressive structure that serves as the face of Guardian High. Mew on either side pass the nervously excited Pokemon as they take a breath and brace themselves.

"I've never seen this many Mew in one place," they murmur. "I hope I don't get lost in the crowd."

Cassiopeia takes a breath, smiles, puts on a brave face...and walks into general assembly.

Illaoi (Ill-ow-ee) sighed, another year of school another perfect waste of time. All of this stuff is so perfectly easy..... and everyone always tries to ask me for help THAT'S NOT THE POINT. The shiny mew with a saddlebag looked at the building.

"Well that's impressive at least." They say, yawning a little and shaking the sleepies out. "I really hope no one tries to make themselves my friend just to get good grades.... or at all."

Illaoi floated towards general assembly, hopefully the orientation speach wouldn't be to bad...

Cass looks around for a seat -- but everything seems to be taken. In fact, the only thing NOT taken is next to a shiny Mew. Cass didn't understand why everyone had taken to calling blue Mew shiny, but they knew better than to ask questions right now -- the more important thing was to sit down before the principal spoke. They'd have to be brave.

"H-hello. My name is Cassiopeia. Is this seat taken?"

Illaoi looked over at a particularly nervous looking mew, and down to the seat. Darn i had hoped to have some peace and quiet... It held back a sigh, as to not seem rude. "No, i don't think anyone's sitting here." They motioned to the seat, showing how it was clear. The only seat not taken was selected strategically by the blue Mew, but it's plans had been ruined.

Illaoi made ready for the principles speech, hopefully it wasn't as boring as the rest, and maybe the other mew would fall asleep during it.. as long as it doesnt snore, that would be nice.

Cassiopeia nods, sensing annoyance, but chalking it up to their own nervousness. "Th-thanks." They quickly sit down and smile and nod before eagerly looking to the pulpit, where the principle appears in a flash.

"Hello, students."

As if compelled, each reply "Hello principle Andromeda!"

"This is now the 4000th year of our fine institution..."

Ohhh nooooo... it is going to be this bad. Though i admit 4,000 years is a rather large achievement. As Illaoi yelled it's hello's it dawned on her again why it picked this high. The principle was legendary.

Get good grades, save the worlds. The mew repeated in it's mind.

Cassiopeia is enchanted by the principle's speech. So much history...so much power...so much grand tradition -- they'd lucked out being enrolled here, and if Principle Andromeda's enthusiasm was at all shared, it would be an amazing six years.

"You all know that Mew are born and raised and taught for one purpose. Here, we strive for academic excellence to save entire universes. A difficult burden, but one each of you was born into and equipped to do. I have all confidence in each and every one of you."

"I like the principle," Cass can't help but whisper.

As much as Illaoi hated the speech, the mew was, admittedly a very good speeker, no less shouold be expected by a mew of such high status. The next six years should be quite helpful, and it knew that it was meant for greatness.

They couldnt help but mentally sigh, blicked by it's own psychic power of course, at the mew's enthusiasm, while others would call it cute, admirable maybe Illaoi couldn't help but think that this mew was just a child, maybe only born 7 decades ago. Though that being said, it would be impressive that it made it in.

"He is a very powerful speeker." It whispered back, knowing that it would be rude not to respond.

Encouraged by the Mew's reply, Cassiopeia breathes a bit more easily. "I'm Cassiopeia. You can call me Cass if you like. What's...what's your name?"

Before Illaoi can answer, however, Cass's expression stiffens and they look directly forward, evidently being made to do so.

"Freshmew," chuckles a larger yellow Mew one row back. "You ought to know better than to talk during assembly."

Cassiopeia's eyes betray clear fear mixed with some shame, but they can't reply. They haven't trained to resist this kind of psychic infiltration yet.

Illaoi rolled her eyes, the mew hadn't even trained in psychic defense? Either way, this would not do, they simply couldn't do with bullies or bad manners in general.

"Don't be afraid." It messaged Cassiopeia, before it's eyes glowed a lavender shade.

"You aught to know better than to bully someone at a school where our very goal is to protect." She lightly focused on the yellow bully, suddenly stimulating his colon.

"Release him or you'll have the stripes of a pickachu."

The yellow Mew's eyes widen and Cassiopeia suddenly relaxes and takes a breath. Now silent, they try their best not to be noticed.

"Th-thank you. That was...scary."

Illaoi doesn't know, but the Mew has just found someone they aspire to be.

Illaoi sighed, bullies were worthless pieces of wasted flesh, the opposite of what any respectable mew should aspire to be.

"You're welcome, I cannot stand bullies."

It kept it's defenses up, now also scanning for the apparently helpless mew besides it.

"How did you do that?"

"And with that, I welcome all of you to the beginning of the rest of your careers. I look forward to working with you closely as we strive to be the very best guardians we can be. You are all dismissed to your classes."

A bell rings, and Cassiopeia clutches at their bag, summoning a holographic image of the hallways that they look through before nodding.

"Okay...room 152. I know where that is. It was nice to meet you...um...?" they pause. "I'm sorry, I never got your name."

Illaoi had already figured out where their first classroom was, and wished that it weren't room 152, Cassiopeia was going to stick to it like a puppy wouldnt it?

"My name is Illaoi, nice to meet you Cassiopeia. As for how i did that, i simply imagined a portal into their mind, they didn't see it coming so it was a simple matter." Illaoi said this, not in a boastful manner, but still like it were simple matter.

Illaoi adjusted their saddlebag, and bowed. "It was nice meeting you but i must be off to class." Illaoi floated away.

Cassiopeia watches. "Wow...I hope one day I learn how to do that."

They turn around and think for a moment.

*Blink!*

Now in room 152, they look for a desk, but it's easier now, and so they take the second one on the second row, pulling out a holographic tablet and beginning to doodle on it.

"I think I'll like it here."

Illaoi took her seat, luckily it was two spaces away from Cassiopeia. Not that they didn't like the mew, but it would cling to Illaoi if given the chance...

It pulled it's notebook out,a traditional analog one, just pencil and paper, prepared for the class.

Cass notices this but does not speak up, impressed and confused both by the other Mew's simple tools. The other students file in and find seats, mostly bright eyed and pleasant. They're followed by the teacher.

"Afternoon, children. Welcome to Psychology Integration 101. I'm Deliope, and I'll be your guide through this period."

Illaoi wrote this down. psychology integration 101... Deliope

Though the handwriting might seem foreign to others around them, Illaoi seemed quite satisfied. They then immediately scanned the mew in the room, making sure nine were going to cause trouble like the yellow one previously.

"Now then, each period we will be using one of you as a subject for study. This may initially seem frightening, but I assure you that no harm will come to you while under my control for class. The best way to understand our psychic skills is to see them inside others. I have you arranged by alphabetical order. Aliotio, you're today's subject."

A purple Mew looks startled before their eyes turn the same color as the teachers.

"I'm going to extract the consciousness. Take notes, everyone, because the structure of the mind is imperative to understanding how we work."

Cass looks worried, but begins reluctantly taking notes.

Illaoi gazed at the display carefully, their pencil moving separately from her gaze, moving like a hurricane as they jotted notes and sketchesdown. This wasn't particularly mew, but it was crucial, they didn't want to miss a second.

Under the teacher's careful guidance, Aliotio's mind is gently prodded, showing how slight pushes can result in certain actions. The Mew poses, attacks, speaks, and even transforms into a chair while the teacher adeptly shows how each thought is directed, each action commanded.

"But what about their heart?" Cass's voice suddenly rings out. The room goes silent.

Oof. That was the rookie mistake of rookie mistakes, no mew had the power to alter ones heart.. that would take the power of a million mews.

Illaoi rolled her eyes a little, was he really that fresh? How did he get in?

"Your name is... Cassiopeia? You'll soon discover there's no way to change a heart, young one."

Cass looks very confused at this, even as a few others giggle.

"But if I do this--" suddenly the entire display changes color and the controlled Mew's eyes change to match. Everyone gasps.

"What? Did I do something wrong?" Cass looks nervous.

Illaoi's eyes widen at the simple act...he took it from the teacher? And...he claimed he could change the heart.. Could he really be that powerful?

"What are you doing?" Illaoi asked him privately, their tone slightly questioning, slightly curious.

"I...just changing the heart. I've always been able...I thought everyone could do this!"

Deliope clears their throat. "Cass, please release Aliotio."

Cass nods hurriedly and the controlled Mew's eyes clear, but it's clear that even left alone the entire mind was rewired by Cass's "simple" move.

The entire class draws back.

"See me after class, Cassiopeia."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back