• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Guardian High

Despite being under their friend's power, they're evidently hiding their memories...or something is. At the feedback, they narrow their eyes and begin to growl a little.

"Out...of...my...head! Out! Out! Get out!!" This becomes the new chant and the Mew's eyes oscillate between colors. "Get out! Get OUT!"

Illaoi now has to strain to keep their focus... Obviously Cass was hiding something. It was their job to find out...but maybe now wasn't the time... At their second outrage Illaoi couldn't hold any anymore and was blasted out of Cass' mind, it's mind going rather sore after the intense defense.

They were knocked physically put
Out of their hammock. "You did it..." Said a shaken Illaoi, floating back up to the hammock.

"Did what?" Cassiopeia asks curiously, before starting. "Oh no! You fell! Can I help?"

The smaller Mew reaches for Illaoi's paw to try and assist them upwards.

"What happened to you?"

"You got me out of your mind." Illaoi said, a slight amount of pride mixed into the words. They took Cassiopeia's paw floating up with them. "You have amazing power... But it's still raw."

Illaoi shook it's head to get the stars out and looked at Cass.... It was acting confused..

"I did? I don't remember," Cass shakes their head. "I can't imagine winning a battle with someone as strong as you."

A knock at the door follows this.

"Oh! I think our food is here," claps the little one cheerily.

Illaoi shook it's head...they couldn't remember? Obviously Cassiopeia was dealing with repressed emotions.. something must've happened to them.

"Here I'll get it." They floated to get the food, still wondering how to deal with the new..

The tray has been left floating outside the room, and getting it in is fairly effortless. Cassiopeia is almost drooling.

"That looks wonderful."

In reality, it doesn't look that good, but it might as well be a gourmet five star dish to the young Mew.

Illaoi took the plates and hovered one to Cassiopeia. "It looks sustaining." They said, gratefully eating the food, though it wasn't anything out of this world.

He thinks this is fantastic.. and they obviously have trauma, I wonder if they were mistreated.

"Hey, while we're eating tell me a little more about yourself."

"Hm? Oh, I...well, gosh. To be honest there's not a lot to tell. I came here by invitation from my home in Johto, and, well...I don't know very much yet. I haven't met many Pokemon -- most of them are much smarter than me too. I'm hoping I can become a better Mew here...maybe even learn to be a guardian one day, though I sort of doubt it."

As they speak, they cautiously pry at the food once or twice, then begin nibbling at it in small handfuls, almost as if they're trying to save it for later.

"It's not going to bite you Cass." Said Illaoi, trying to encourage him to eat.

And now their rationing? Thee must've not had much food...

"That's it? No stories our fun history?...."

"Oh, I know. I just don't want to hog it all up. After all I'm sure there are lots of hungry students and it would be selfish for me to just gulp it all down."

"THAT'S ALL YOU'RE GETTING FOR THE WEEK, SO YOU BETTER MAKE THE MOST OF IT."

"I haven't lived very long -- I don't really have stories to tell. After all, I only learned to talk a year ago."

Illaoi shook it's head. "Cass, there's plenty of food here, eat all you need.. Cass i need you to be perfectly honest with me. Have you ever had much food? You act like you've been starved but yet you try to hide your hunger. Are you alright?"

As if a switch has been flipped in the Mew's brain they suddenly go bolt upright and stare straight at Illaoi. "I've been given everything I need. I'm not lacking in anything. I have no reason to complain."

The posture is stiff, the words are monotone, the eyes are glazed. "I am content."

"Cass?..." Illaoi immediately got off their bed, she made a copy of her psyche again, as was her reflex whenever anything suspect happened. "Cass I think you need to come with me."

The Mew obediently nods and prepares to follow Illaoi, paws crossed in front, expression still emotionless, tail perfectly still. No words are spoken. The Mew is running...something in its mind...but heaven only knows what.

As Illaoi led Cassiopeia to to the psych teachers room, they couldn't help but wonder..

"There been programmed... But by who? Why would someone program him to be satisfied at all times?... His parents seen like an option...but who would do that to their child?

The door opens as the duo approach.

"Illaoi? Cassiopeia? What brings you to my office? It's been perhaps an hour."

Before Illaoi can reply, however, Deliope looks their companion over and suddenly their eyes widen.

"Cassiopeia, please state your current task."

"Non-assigned. This Mew is currently inactive."

"That's what I feared. Illaoi, thank you for bringing this to my attention. Cassiopeia is in much greater danger than we realized. Please, if you would, direct them to the examining table there and we will find out how bad this is."

"Yes sir." Illaoi led them to the take, lying them down as they prepared for the inspection. "Do you have any idea who could've programmed him sir?" Illaoi asked, mind already reaching through possibilities.

"Not exactly, but I recognize the virus. It's a human developed program called a 'Mew manager,' made by some human with serious issues over a hundred years ago. It's an incredibly nasty infection that can reduce a Mew to little more than a shell of itself and do everything from directly control actions to wipe and replace and rewrite memory data. Cassiopeia is the first Mew I've seen in twenty years that had it -- I have a feeling more of Cass's mind is 'managed' than anyone knew."

"Oh no... And with their power.... The human could do awful amounts of damage.. is there anyway to cure them?" Illaoi looked back at the mew, just imagining what a human could do with Cass... But also a sense of empathy... The creature had been through so much...

"Well, we can try to uninstall it, but if the infection was done right even if we DO get it out we'll be ripping out a chunk of what makes Cassiopeia Cassiopeia. I hate these things...here, look."

Deliope extracts the consciousness -- it's FULL of not-standard arrangements and files.

"Oh my Arceus.... What kind if monster wood invent such a thing? I can see why taking it out would be hard... But then, why would he be sent here if he was...in direct control? Could the human want more mew? With Cassiopeia he could theoretically take half the school..." Illaoi's mind was racing at a hundred miles per hour.

"No, no...look. The last login prior to your little accidental program trigger was twenty years ago -- and they only way to trigger it is verbally. In fact...I'm willing to bet our mutual friend here finally found a way to break loose, if only temporarily, and found a way to prevent the original installer from harming them again...but it's still only half-functional and Cassiopeia's mind is constantly formatting and programming itself over and over. I wouldn't be surprised if only a few memories have survived their entire life."

"Do..to protect himself, he had to wipe out almost his entire life? I'm not an emotional creature, but I can't help and feel bad for the poor creature." Illaoi looked at the poor, nearly empty brain.

"So.. are you going to take it out and get rid of lots of his mind mass? Or keep him this way?"

"Well, look here. See, this is the part of the psyche where we all call upon to help recover lost data. You'll note Cass can change a heart. Not many Mew can do that. In order to make themselves functional, they actually changed their own heart -- and the backup program runs on top of the infected psyche so that Cass can at least appear to be healthy. It's worked reasonably well, too. Our school invited them based on an application -- so it's quite possible some part of their brain recognized this was a place to get help, and even in this critically damaged condition they impressed admissions enough to get in as a near baby. It's quite possible Cassiopeia is so clever that they're actively trying to fix themselves -- but the truth is that a full reset is the only known way to truly make Cassiopeia's mind free and healthy. My other option, removing it, would basically be a sort of lobotomy, and Cassiopeia would be disabled for life."

Deliope sighs. "So much potential...abused so cruelly."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back