• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Guardian High

"You're just fine. As you all know, we're following up on self-defense. Now, Deliope earlier introduced you to Mew managers, but what about attacks from other Pokemon?"

The others murmur.

Illaoi found all their seats and sat in hers, pulling out her notes as she was getting ready for this, this is extra important, now that she had a whole family.

"Now then, most Pokemon aren't a threat for Mew, but some of the legendary variety don't always get along with them. Think of type advantages. I'm going to use a Shadow Pulse on one of you at random. Prepare yourselves."

Cass braces. Epsilon, however, quickly flies around his family, creating a bubble.

Illaoi smiled at her boy....mate, appreciating his obvious concern.

"I think he means for us all to defend ourselves dear."

Though she said this, she doubled the barrier.

The barrier holds. Barely. Illaoi strains a little as she repairs hers before he attacked again.

"Very nice! Your teamwork held. That said, not all Mew can work together because sometimes only one occupies a reality. So how do you counter that?"

"Be the strongest," Cassiopeia replies lightly.

"Or become evasive instead of defensive." Offered Illaoi, adding to get sons answer.

A few others pipe up and Zai nods. "You're all right...but the key detail is knowing your opponent. For example, what do you all know of me?"

Illaoi thought...not much.

No where near enough to actually pipe up. So she didn't.

"Right. Your silence says everything. Last class, I used simple tricks to turn you all into controlled puppets. And I could do it again right now. The goal here is to make it so that I can't."

Illaoi nodded, her pencil moving once more, though this time an eventual doodle could be seen, of Cass and Epsilon.

"So this means sometimes the best defense is a good offense. One of you -- try to penetrate my defenses. If you succeed, you may make me do whatever you choose."

Illaoi's eyes widened, challenge a teacher? That seemed nearly impossible.

"Well...okay," Cass whispers, concentrating very hard. "Ungh..."

Zai's eyes flash for a split-second. "Hm...interesting method."

"Be careful sweetie.. we don't want to change his core being on accident.." She warned, knowing how powerful he could be.

Suddenly Zai shudders, and for a moment everyone can see an extraction of the Mewtwo's psyche. Cass appears to be winning. There's actually a cheer from the other students.

Illaoi smiled, and cheered for her child. "Good job Cass." She declared proudly, though she knew the battle might not be won quite yet.

The Mewtwo smirks, suddenly straightening. "Not bad...but did you consider this?"

Suddenly Cassiopeia lets out a cry as his mind is completely extracted and held in front of the class. Empty headed, the defeated Mew collapses into a heap, and the students gasp.

"You must not focus on just one type of attack."

Illaoi gasped with the rest of the class, and immediately had to remind herself that no harm was actually being done.... because her first reaction wa to tear apart anyones mind who tried to hurt her baby. She started to breath deeper through her nostrils... calming herself.

"Alright, Cass, you can stop being dramatic," Zai chuckles.

Cassiopeia's eyes gleam. "I guess nothing gets past you. So much for the pity approach."

She sighed a slight sigh of relief, thank goodness. she couldn't help but blush at what was a bit of an overreaction fr something not even that serious.

"Nontheless, your falling back on your heart to motivate me to drop my guard might have worked if I hadn't seen it before. It was a smart move, considering your options. Here's your mind back."

"Thank you." Cass blushes.

Illaoi smiled at her son, proud despite his best efforts failing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back