• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Mj1Z57Xu6Aonrycv9OwYB9o0R4RYjW9-9Sjo1-JTlYxT7xFFLO_VjMD7GKFx55wX0CQgwG5lxhNuNnVyagizILAzNdt-w2pVEk7ugyQEmaONTloXEm6Zo7o0DSd0WQO5H1qmnljV=s0
https://loveincorporated.blob.core....oky-abandoned-homes-haunted-wyckoff-villa.jpg
Imagine this place restored, though hardly new.

Summer of 2037

The old pair moved into the old house long ago, long before the university started buying up all the properties all around and turning them into college housing or fraternity and sorority houses. (Their place is in the middle of the coed housing with the sorority and fraternity houses on the far sides from each other.) The place isn’t exactly an eyesore. But it does stand out. The garden is well kept. The old couple has a large shed in back with signs that say KEEP OUT. The yard is posted NO TRESPASSING. And they own a fair bit of wooded land around the house - enough to afford them a little privacy.

Developers have tried working out shady deals to steal the edges of their land. Students have used the house for pledge dares. The place is always getting TP’d or vandalized. The old couple is always finding beer cans tossed on their property. The old couple still won’t move. You could fit a small apartment complex on their site.

They are the likely sources of noise complaints when parties get started. There are old rumors about the place being haunted. Some say the old man is a mad scientist and the woman a witch. But come on, be serious. Really?

The old man drives a 1959 Cadillac Miller-Meteor Futura Duplex (with research conversion) and a 1981 DeLorean DMC-12. Ironically these are the identical vehicular models of Ecto 1 from Ghostbusters and the time machine in Back to the Future. (You be the judge.)

The woman drives a dark blue 1946 Dodge pickup. (It has a dump truck mod.) Of the two vehicles hers is seen much more often.

Both vehicles are kept in a barn sized garage.

Characters
This is pretty much open. The most obvious characters would be students. Next would be University professors and employees. Next … local police. Bear in mind that to keep playability open. (You can make more than one character. But don’t overdo it or abuse it - such as making a cop who will do anything your student character wants.)

PLEASE do not use animated Gif’s for your character sheets. Hide them in spoilers if used in posts. (I can’t read around the moving images without getting migraines. Yes, my doctor knows. Only so much she can do about it.)

Plot
This will be a semi sandbox setting. However it will also be under GM Control regarding time passage. (This is to keep us all in sync.) That is, I will be reacting to your actions. If noone makes any plans, I will go ahead and create some sort of prompts. Summer is party time. End of summer means the New Pledges. And every Halloween is … fun. Something almost ALWAYS happens for which the house is blamed.

Part of the Plot is the mystery of the House. Is it really haunted? Who are the old people and why are they so resistant to moving?

Posting
3rd person past tense
Decent spelling and grammar
At least a few paragraphs. About a page is ideal.
Don’t forget to use tags.
FORMAT - I will be applying some formatting requirements - very simple ones.
  1. Use of imageFloat BB code to add a SMALL pic of your character.
  2. Heading in each post of the Location and Character.
  3. Insert link to your character to your character’s name.

Discord - OOC

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back