• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Pilgrim59

👑 Exalted Monarch 👑
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
GROZNYVERSE:
That One Time The Daemon Lord Married The Hero​
alter_record_theory_ed1_intro

XIV3ROm.png

GROZNYVERSE: TOTTDLMTH

Tags
Action, Adventure, Alternate-Fantasy, Anime, Comedy, Drama, Fantasia, Police, Romance, Semi-Sandbox, Slice of Life, Vigilantism, War

Participation Expectations
- One paragraph of five sentences per post (at least), issa casual RP.
- Pls no bulli, or I'm bekom angori grrr.
- File notice before drop, common courtesy and all that.

Premise
Grozny, one of the Creator’s pet projects, left to its own devices ever since the Garden fell to the Daemon Lord Sertek. Magic and technology, woven by the ingenuity of men and perhaps the Creator's own patents of subtlety. The war between good and evil, like many before them, was written and forgotten with the fleeting years. But mankind’s light has yet to be extinguished, for the prophesied hero had emerged from the cinders of chaos. This would mark the beginning of the end for the Dark Lord Sertek.

With the Haven Expeditionary Fleet bound for home after spending almost a year campaigning on Saarema, the Hero eventually settled in Dragonsreach alongside their companions. Yet, a certain unexpected encounter entailed - the hero had inadvertently fallen in love with the very being she had dedicated most of her youth fighting. Unbeknownst to both the stressed-out hero and the amnesiac demon lord, they were married to one another - beckoning the start of a new adventure. As they learn of each other's woes, external threats and their companions encroach upon their life, as the impending revelation abides by its time. Will love find a way? Or will the Prophecy be truly fulfilled in blood?

Forewords
Henlow ye good citizens of RPNation. Chu Chi here. Coming at ya with another RP, based on a preestablished world I'm currently working on that is Groznyverse. In this RP, we will have two distinctive arcs - ones that involve the hero and their companions (Iris Company), while the other on the Daemon Lord and their associates (Harbingers). A semi-sandbox world, with a main story to follow. The theme of the RP will mostly surround post-war conditions, nationalistic fervors, maybe some adorable love story in the middle of a riot or something, then sprinkles of actions on top to keep ye on yer toes. Hmmm... potatoes... Ahem.

Anyways, the world is fantasia-based, so we'll have a mix of contemporary technology mix-mashed with some medieval thingy majiggy. I.e. means of transportation via airship/drakexi (yes, dragon taxi / uber), Groznyverse's version of an fighter plane would be a Drakensreiter, a carriage powered by grozium batteries like that of a Volkswagen, armored knights armed with Dreyse needle guns, grozium-powered windcallers that is based on a modern portable AN PRC, but its magik. Oh, and of course, long skirts, wide brimmed hats, butler gloves, jazz-swing, booze, and lots and lots of post-war traumatic stress moments.

With that said, le Co-GM and I will do our best to make sure everyone is having fun. RPNation rules and common sense apply. Ask your doctor if Groznyverse TOTTDLMTH is right for you. Batteries sold separately.

Anyways! Shout out to mi signora e signore:
Nessi Nessi Doctor Nope Doctor Nope Midrick Midrick

GROZNYVERSE LORE​
alter_record_theory_ed1_lore_simplified

O7QZaL2.jpg

Prophecy of the Sigil
A mysterious figure came into the dreams of Solarians and Astrians during Sertek’s conquest of Grozny. They proclaimed themselves as the messenger of the heavens, remarking the rise of a hero to deliver the Groznyans from the tyranny of the Daemon Lord. The prophecy would be fulfilled some three hundred years later for the first time. Those that bear the sigil tattoo on their body are known since as a Sygis, or Sigil Bearer. Throughout Grozny's history, there have been four Sygis that fought against Sertek. The chosen defenders of Grozny, selected at random by the Prophecy. A Sygis is able to wield an artifact without training, and most of the time inadvertently acquire them during their journeys against the Daemon Lord.

ivUtYEk.jpg

Imperial Accord of Grozny
Following the victory of Empress Arisha the Dark over the Coalition forces in 782 AC, the Kingdom of Haven hegemony over the continent finally solidified her supremacy as the one and true Imperial Accord of Grozny. Even after more than four hundred and thirty years later, the Imperial supremacy is still threatened both externally and internally. Dragonsreach is the current capital of Havenite administration over all of Grozny. Despite its current moniker, the residents of Dragonsreach are often referred to as Havenites. Most international flights are concentrated in Nryx International Airport, about five miles from the main city.

MYGzhQj.jpg

Setting
Current Timeline of Grozny is set in the year 1210 Astorian Calendar, known as The Great Era following the defeat of Sertek at Mount Hornet a year prior. Major cities are powered by grozium plants, couriers racing against the latest trends of grozium transceivers. Private businesses are booming, infrastructural projects laid out, and the renovation of the Nryx International Airport. Despite these changes for the better, Astro-Solarian racial divide is often times overlooked, as well as the internal struggles of those that survived the war.

Dragonsreach, a grand city with a long history. Nowadays, the city have seen an influx of veterans returning home from abroad in search of purpose, carrying what they brought with them home. Families finally united after nine long years of war. The heroes are honored briefly, but are also desperate to cling onto what they did best - war. The Daemon Lord's kindling almost snuffed out after his defeat, but there are those that still sought after him.

JvsmeY2.jpg

Aegys Magic System (AMS)
Aetherium (Mana Pool)
Aegys Magic System relies on an individual's ability to tap into the Aether Well - the heavenly energy of the boundless sky. Astrians and Solarians practice different methods to utilize the Aetherium, as the very process of harnessing astral energies is equivalent to exposing one's self to astral radiation. Subsequently, Astrians are able to tap into the Aetherium directly, while Solarians must create a bypass method to utilize Aetherial energy. Aetheric potentials in each individual is based on their vitality and natural affinities. Some sub-racial traits are more potent than others, as defined and measured by the Aegys Magic System.

Astartes Alignment (Aetherian Wellspring)
Astartes is a branch of magic that draws direct power from the Aethers. Typically used by Astrians to conjure spells, as they themselves possess an innate ability to draw power from the stars. Astartes is oftentimes considered a pure form of magic. Its sub-practices are usually dedicated to natural restoration, enchantments and elemental prospects.

Savros Alignment (Artificial Magic)
Savros is an artificial practice of magic in Grozny, catering to those with lesser compatibility with the Aether. As such, Savros users usually depend on harnessed energies and enchanted items rather than drawing direct power from the Aetherium spring. Enchanted items help to compensate for their limited potentials and act as a medium to conjure spells, as well as regulate the user's limitations. This form of magic is considered less pure compared to Astartes. Where they fall short on potentials, however, Savros users complement their arcane practices with technology that diversify their crafts and methods. Its sub-practices include runecrafting, magitech, loremastering, and relic enhancements.

Lightstones (Starline Mineral)
Lightstones are recorded minerals to have fallen from the skies during the Mythic Era. They have since been used as a medium for Solarians to practice Savros. These shards are distinguished from other rare earth minerals by their cyan glow. Lightstones are generally refined to create grozium - a battery catalyst that enables Savros practices. Grozium are also standard valuable items in exchanges next to gold, albeit far more valuable than the latter. Grozium is highly sought after by many scholars and mage for their arcane research. In advanced smithing operations, grozium are sometimes embedded in weapons or equipment to facilitate Savros practices. Ultimately grozium is used on a daily basis by Solarians, and its qualities are often varied by different runemasters.

Lazarian Arcus
A distinct branch of magic that defies the standard law of the Aegys Magic System. Oftentimes, Lazarian practices are erroneously synonymous with Daemonism, of which the latter refers to the worship of Sertek's legacy, rather than the actual method of arcane practice. The only known practitioners of Lazarian Arcus are Sertek and those of his followers. The Lazarian Arcus branch of magic allows the user to adopt a variety of unnatural abilities. Many associated the namesake with Lazareth, the first known necromancer. Lazarian sub-categories include, but are not limited to: aetherial realm summons, necromancy, psychic manipulations, blood magic, illusion magic and corruption.

Artifacts
Relics refer to shards or pieces of untainted extraterrestrial weapons used by Astra and Sola during the Fall of the Garden. Relic hunters seek after these artifacts, of which are scattered all around Grozny. Incomplete pieces proved to be powerful individual items, with greater potential when the entire gear is assembled. Relic properties are as complex in nature as they are powerful in the hand of an individual. In a way, Relic Hunters pride themselves as archeologists that sought to recover ancient parts of history. There are some that persist on the harness of the relics' dormant powers. Ultimately, some of these recovered artifacts are secured by different nations, reprising its role as a symbol of power or sanctity. Following the Eibsee Convention of 419, nations in possession of relics are banned from deploying them in war, lest risking an unified retaliation from the consented parties.

Corruption
Corruption refers to the detrimental effects upon an individual when using magic. Oftentimes, magic users must regulate their practice, lest they be exposed to the imperceivable radiation of the Aethers. Most arcane arts draw power from the Aethers one way or another - including the advent of grozium. The feeble physique of Groznyans are likely to succumb to pure radiation of the Aetherial Realm since the destruction of the Garden. Insanity, physical deformation, mutations, as well as many other effects may afflict an individual should they expose themselves to raw Aetherial energy for a prolonged period of time. Lazarian practitioners usually cope with this aspect in order to push themselves beyond their limitations, at the cost of their physical and psychological aspects.

Races

WHxpX1k.png

Astrian
Lifespan: 140 - 350 years

Children of Astra, those that were born from the stars are individuals with distinctive physical features that set them apart from the Solarians (such as horns, animal ears, and tails). Astrians possess high magical affinities that let them practice magic drawn directly from the Aethers. As they are watered-down descendants of Astra, they must regulate their arcane practices to avoid magic corruption, despite the fact that they can withstand aetherial radiation far better than most Solarians.
Astrian lifespans are varied by their subphylums. Draconian is a rare case of Astrial sub-race that could live up to a thousand year.

1XZ9acj.png

Solarian
Lifespan: 120 - 130 years

Children of Sola, those that were born from the pure light of the sun are individuals with fair skin and complexion. Solarians are mediocre in physique and possess little to no magical affinities. As such, they are weaker than Astrians in terms of arcane practices. As they are less dependent on pure Aetherian magic, however, Solarians have higher intelligence capacity. To compensate for their lesser affinities, Solarians practice artificial magic known as Savros. This enables them to be more innovative with technology over reliance on Aetherian powers.

j1MwcQT.png

Daemon
Lifespan: Unknown

Originally born of the Aetherial breach into Grozny, these beings possess unrivaled magical powers that are beyond comprehensible sense of Groznyan inhabitants. Some considered Daemons as Sertek's children, others as their kin when they first arrived on Grozny. Daemons are foreign in appearance (notably their ghastly pale skin) and practice of magic. Their lifespans are many times that of the Solarians and Astrians, almost immortal. Due to their innate resistance to immense amounts of Aetherial radiation, they are able to conjure powerful spells that defy the laws of the AMS. Only those that came from the Aetherial Realm are considered true Daemons. Sertek is the only known surviving Daemon.

Playable Factions

eU8zK3v.png
Iris Company

Leader: Sylvia of Verdan "the Fourth Sygis"

Formed during the Fourth Daemonic War to combat the Daemon Lord's Harbingers, the Iris Company is in essence a special response team. The Iris Company is composed of diverse personnel that accompanied the hero during the war. As such, they possess particular sets of skills that make them a force to be reckoned with. Despite their official status as a joint-special operation command group, the Company also engages in humanitarian affairs such as catastrophe relief, and any short-term operations that require immediate attention. Iris Companions distinguish themselves by an iris badge that they wear in the field, of which grants them authority over other agencies and branches when dealing with Harbingers. The badge also acts as an exalted passport to traverse across Grozny.

Perks:
+ Iris Badge (extra-comfortable chairs in First Class for domestic and international flights)
+ Assumption of Command over NCOs in the field when dealing with Daemonic threats.
+ Latest update on Imperial technology and arsenal.
QU28ihi.png
Harbingers

Leader: N/A

Originally called the Chosen Six in the previous Daemonic Wars, the Harbingers have expanded since the outbreak of the Fourth Daemonic War. Harbingers are powerful individuals, selected by the Daemon Lord Sertek to micromanage his Legion. Their skillsets are diverse, ranging from necromancy to vampirism. Harbingers are the counterparts of Iris Company, if not more powerful. With the supposed death of Sertek, the Harbingers are currently operating independently, and are scattered across Grozny. Some still remained on Saarema, waiting for the return of the Daemon Lord, while others plan on taking command of the Legion of Darkness.

Perks:
+ Instills fear in enemy when on the field.
+ Virtually invisible as their Lazarian Arcus abilities leave no Aetherian traces.
+ Access to powerful Aetherian spells.

DRAGONSREACH REGISTRATION OFFICE​
alter_record_theory_ed1_dir
Home

hMEFQGR.jpg
Ac1yLCM.jpg
Nhsbenn.jpg
4DLFA9v.jpg
bJi8o1X.jpg
CAMPAIGNSOCIALCOMPANIONSWIKIQUIT
Continue the story of TOTTDLMTHEngage with our online communityCreate & customize your charactersCatch up on the history of GroznyLog out of Grozny

Welcome to mainland Grozny, traveler.
Passport and declaration forms, please.

(Thread links are glitched out on mobile. Recommend switching to desktop mode to view perfectly. Mlem.)

Last edited:
😤👌

This sounds spicy 🌶

Just a quick question tho, just to be sure. Are Harbingers race locked to Daemons?

😤👌

This sounds spicy 🌶

Just a quick question tho, just to be sure. Are Harbingers race locked to Daemons?

Good quechon. Forgot to mention that Daemons are extremely rare. When the Daemons invaded Grozny, there were many of them. But now, the only one alive is the Daemon Lord.
By the Second and Third Daemonic War, most of Sertek's hand-picked Harbingers are either Solarians or Astrians. Mostly Astrians due to their innate magical affinities.

Good quechon. Forgot to mention that Daemons are extremely rare. When the Daemons invaded Grozny, there were many of them. But now, the only one alive is the Daemon Lord.
By the Second and Third Daemonic War, most of Sertek's hand-picked Harbingers are either Solarians or Astrians. Mostly Astrians due to their innate magical affinities.
I c. But mb, you did mention that Sertek is last known Daemon. I just got a little confuzled since I saw Daemon listed in the races and automatically assumed they were the playable races like the halfwit I am.

Anyway, cool, that makes sense now. Thankfully, If I take part, I think I'm leaning towards an Astrian Harbinger anyway (mostly coz the char designs I plan on using are dark-skinned, and the other two races are noted to be fair/pale. :p) so iz all gucci. 👌

I c. But mb, you did mention that Sertek is last known Daemon. I just got a little confuzled since I saw Daemon listed in the races and automatically assumed they were the playable races like the halfwit I am.

Anyway, cool, that makes sense now. Thankfully, If I take part, I think I'm leaning towards an Astrian Harbinger anyway (mostly coz the char designs I plan on using are dark-skinned, and the other two races are noted to be fair/pale. :p) so iz all gucchi. 👌
Solarians can be dark-skinned. But usually lighter than Astrians in general. Anything goes, but their natural affinities differ greatly.

Ah apologies if my cookie created a misunderstanding, It wasn't a show of interest in participating, it was just because this seemed like great work.
Okie dokie. No problemie!
Well, if you do want to join, there's always space.
(leans in to whisper)
We have cheesecakes and matcha lattes.
Join now and I'll throw in some creme brulee too.

Yes, this is a bribe. Do not resist.

Okie dokie. No problemie!
Well, if you do want to join, there's always space.
(leans in to whisper)
We have cheesecakes and matcha lattes.
Join now and I'll throw in some creme brulee too.

Yes, this is a bribe. Do not resist.

Apologies. The logistics don't really make it a roleplay for me. But I do wish all participating the best of luck in making this a great roleplay!

Yo, I'm interested. Permission to play a daemon dude, or is there some other process I have to do?

My apologies if the question seems obvious.

Yo, I'm interested. Permission to play a daemon dude, or is there some other process I have to do?

My apologies if the question seems obvious.
Welcome! As far as the narrative goes, perhaps a hybrid daemon. They're a very powerful race in terms of physique and magical abilities. Even the Daemon Lord got their powers weakened since their defeat at Mount Hornet. So not to break the game, ya might have to go with a watered down daemon or hybrid descendant of a daemon-solarian or daemon-astrian. Even so, Harbingers get their powers enhanced by Sertek himself.

Welcome! As far as the narrative goes, perhaps a hybrid daemon. They're a very powerful race in terms of physique and magical abilities. Even the Daemon Lord got their powers weakened since their defeat at Mount Hornet. So not to break the game, ya might have to go with a watered down daemon or hybrid descendant of a daemon-solarian or daemon-astrian. Even so, Harbingers get their powers enhanced by Sertek himself.

Sure thing, I don't mind that at all. Truthfully, I might get a few things wrong about the universe, so I hope you bear with me through my initial confusion, haha.

Sure thing, I don't mind that at all. Truthfully, I might get a few things wrong about the universe, so I hope you bear with me through my initial confusion, haha.
It is a world with reimagined techs of 1914 - 1945, as well as some itty bitty tweaks in terms of mix-mashing different contemporary innovations. Dun worry, even I get confused too. Smol brainer here.

It is a world with reimagined techs of 1914 - 1945, as well as some itty bitty tweaks in terms of mix-mashing different contemporary innovations. Dun worry, even I get confused too. Smol brainer here.

Yeah, I might have to reread your post a few times. Although- just so I don't bring anything that doesn't work as a concept, what type of powers are we allowed to use? I think that once I get a proper feel for the power system, I'll be able to apply them to my character better, and make them more dynamic with said powers that way, and not make a character that feels strange when it comes to their personalities and their powers.

Yeah, I might have to reread your post a few times. Although- just so I don't bring anything that doesn't work as a concept, what type of powers are we allowed to use? I think that once I get a proper feel for the power system, I'll be able to apply them to my character better, and make them more dynamic with said powers that way, and not make a character that feels strange when it comes to their personalities and their powers.
Your average high-fantasy range of powers. I.e. fire bolts, conjurations, mending magic.
Harbingers tend to use their innate magic in Astartes style, but also use Savros type to further their weapon masteries. It all spirals down to what style you like to go with.

[Fire Bolt Ability]
Astartes: use aether energy (mana) to cast fire bolts via their body. Innate abilities.
Solarians: use modified grozite/groziums (crystalized form of mana) like an impact-incendiary grenade. External/Artificial crafts.

[Light Enchantments]
Astartes: use aether energy to conjure light.
Solarians: smashes a light-element grozite/grozium like popping flares. Similar to fulminated mercury-ish.

Hope that explains the difference in applications of the magic system. Long as its not something like Nuclear Blast, then we're fine.

Your average high-fantasy range of powers. I.e. fire bolts, conjurations, mending magic.
Harbingers tend to use their innate magic in Astartes style, but also use Savros type to further their weapon masteries. It all spirals down to what style you like to go with.

[Fire Bolt Ability]
Astartes: use aether energy (mana) to cast fire bolts via their body. Innate abilities.
Solarians: use modified grozite/groziums (crystalized form of mana) like an impact-incendiary grenade. External/Artificial crafts.

[Light Enchantments]
Astartes: use aether energy to conjure light.
Solarians: smashes a light-element grozite/grozium like popping flares.

Hope that explains the difference in applications of the magic system. Long as its not something like Nuclear Blast, then we're fine.

Gooootcha. I think I can work with that. I'll probably go with something like a two-sword user who can embody elements of different types into his blades to go with a certain 'style' of fighting, like, 'fire' would probably more about constant damage to the enemy and not give them room to breathe and maybe stop some healing, water would be about movement and dexterity, that sort of thing if it works. I'm not sure what sort of power level he would be, but just to be safe, I'll probably say he's boulder level at best so far, (unless Harbingers are meant to be animu levels of powerful; :P)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back