• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern growing up in seattle - main thread

A

filler! ignore

S

filler! ignore

• Alex Smyth

The Rebel

♡design by dreamglow, coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

B

filler! ignore

H

filler! ignore

• Beth Howard

The Comedic Relief

a

y

d

e

n

THE SKATER BOY

mood
tf u talking about girl

oufit
the same outfit from saturday night - slay.

tag
neverbackdown neverbackdown Sugarnaut Sugarnaut

tw: mentions of sexual manners + drugs + ayden being nasty

scroll for post
Ayden Thompson

It had been all her fault.

Dissolving into the warmth of feeling wanted - to be desired by another - left him unaware of the oncoming attack that came spilling from her soft lips. For the first time in a very long time, he had let his guard down, and as a result, he was defeated. Something which someone as proud as Ayden Thompson would not stand for. Memories ran through his mind like a poorly projected film movie, scratched, skipping and complete with cigarette burns from the man in charge inspecting each scene. Despite his best efforts, they didn’t leave his mind.

They wouldn’t leave his mind.
They couldn’t.

Leaving Beth tied up in the midst of his distress wasn’t the greatest thing in the world. But after she made him feel like the tiniest fool, he was taking back his power. He was taking back what ever it was that she had managed to steal just from that one damn moan of his name. Well, at least, that’s what he thought he was doing. He thought that leaving her like that, running away from his problems, would solve everything. But it didn’t. If anything, it made him more hollow on the inside. His stomach churning and creating a never-ending pit where no light could exist.

He put his faith in a cocktail of stolen drinks and additional pills offered by random bypassers. There was no fear that maybe he was over doing it, or that all it took was for one wrong drink or pill and he would end up buried six feet under. All he knew was that he wanted whatever this feeling that sat in the pit of his gut to leave. To regain that power that she had stolen tonight. And so, as his eyes landed on two familiar faces, his instincts told him that this would help. He coaxed them with his charm (well, told one of them that he would suck one of them off while the other ploughed him from behind; he said it with such class), and eventually, the three of them found their way upstairs behind locked doors. Surely this would fix everything? This would be the thing that gave him back his power.

Come the next morning, he awoke to find himself still naked and tangled up in a combination of his own vomit and bed sheets. His leg draped over the bed while he laid perfectly still upon the floor where he had woken up. Dark, dry eyes fixated on the ceiling above him, pondering about the night and if any of this - anything at all - had fixed that feeling. The feeling of being so… not in control. The feeling that he had once been the rider, holding onto his horse’s reins with great force before being bucked off with such little effort. The dread that no matter what, there would be nothing in the world that would help him to jump right back up on that horse and take reign over everything combatting him in his life.

This was all her fault.

You’d think that Ayden would’ve spent his Sunday relaxing, trying to recover from the hangover that was raging inside of his head. Instead of treating it through hydration, pain relief and rest, he simply moved onto another location. And, despite it being a Sunday, managed to get more fucked up the second time around; staying true to the triple Ds in the process of it all. It was his own mini marathon, and he was quite thankful that no one was questioning his age or where he had come from - because at one point, Ayden realised that he had no clue whose house he was in or any one at the actual party.

Monday morning came, and while others rose from their bed within their own homes, Ayden found himself awaking in the bed and arms of a stranger. Having to untangle himself from the passed out girl, he was able to dress himself with… ease? He was quite aware that he was still somewhat intoxicated by… whatever it was they had that night - one that dripped into the early hours of the morning. And he only became aware of this as he managed to fall straight onto his butt upon the floor three times as he attempted to put his jeans on.

So, of course, it came as no surprise that he fell asleep while at school that day. Multiple times, in multiple classes, and in multiple positions. The teachers tsked at him, each handing him a slip for lunch time detention. Great. A place he could sleep. Upon entering the room for detention, his eyes could barely stay open. What ever he had had last night was really starting to make him come down and come down hard. Without even a glance around the room, Ayden took an empty seat, threw his bag upon the desk before sitting down and rested his face against the bag as a pillow, his arms cradling it close to him.

This was all her fault. He wouldn’t be in this predicament if she kept her damn moan to herself.

The shuffle of the chair next to him startled his slumber, and a voice followed shortly after. A deep frown sketched his face as he lifted his head off his bag and squinted to see who it was attempting to wake the sleeping bear. His hair was already sticking up in various ways and a faint pattern of his backpack grooved into his cheek that was pressed up against it. Don’t make me regret sitting next to you the girl said to him. The already deep frown on his face dug further, his lips unintentionally pouting in disgust as he looked the girl up and down for a moment. “The fuck you talking about?” he managed to wrestle out, his words still drenched in the substances that had his body intoxicated the day prior. Oh God, why didn’t he just go home and pretend to be sick? Oh, that’s right. Because his mother was a nurse and had a day off today. Dammit.

And like he had to keep reminding himself. It was all her fault.

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

mention of alcohol, explanations of violence, abuse and death, substance abuse
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
opallowcollins
scroll

opallo took another swig of brown liquor, the sting pulled him out of his daze alongside alex’s words. he tilted his head towards her, meeting her eyes with discomfort he couldn’t hide. in truth, he didn’t want to be awake right now. the mix of overloaded anxiety, disturbance and stress unmoving in his eyes. even so, he adjusted his poise and faced her. “are you okay?” he asked, “i–don’t–it happened too fast. i’m okay though.” opallo wanted to reassure her as she had gone through the most of it, not him. he had done his job and that was that. he knew he wasn’t okay, but more so
it’d be okay
and he felt he didn’t need to explain the complications of his emotions to her. to anyone.

it’d be okay.

“i just want to get drunk, not a bad thing right?”--a truth and light-hearted rhetorical. he’d been told to stay sober by his father–at least stick to cocaine if he wanted to feel something other than what he was feeling at the current moment. who’s doing coke after taking a person’s life? only his father. and maybe yano. not him. opallo would stay up as long as alex could manage, but eventually sleeping it all away seemed all too attractive.

opallo never craved sedation. “i’ll be right back..” --standing up a little too fast and walking right into the bathroom down the hall.

being around drugs his whole life turned him away from wanting to be anything like the junkies he witnessed on the streets or friends/family members known to have succumbed to addiction. though being around them constantly still made him somewhat of an expert. he could feel guilty about using any other day but this one. the only problem was keeping them away from alex or more so–refraining from her knowing they were around. she had to be veering towards his same mindset at this point. she wasn’t like him when it came to substances. her history was checkered with drug abuse especially after being around her last ex-boyfriend and his inability to care about her wellbeing. opallo didn’t want to be the reason for a relapse–almost revoltingly humorous considering the day’s events.

it was hard to focus on just alex. she mattered more than anything, but he was in pain just as much as she was. he wished he could share it with her. he needed comfort badly. opallo’s mind wavered from the fake sense of stoicism and his view of resilient masculinity to completely crumbling and desperate for love. it was more than just killing john that tortured him. he didn't want to be involved with violence anymore. he barely remembered even being a kid anymore. this wasn't gang related, but what if it ended up being that way? it was that way for him. he was only 17 and had taken the lives of three people. how many more people would die by his hand? or would it all be over by tomorrow? maybe the police would take him in--throw him into prison to rot with other murderers for the rest of his life. opallo reeled over, dry heaving a couple times but nothing came out.

he’d swiped a plastic bag of pills earlier–medical grade percocet to attempt to ease out of the nightmare. in the dim light of the bathroom, he caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror as he wiped at his mouth–promptly looking back down at the couple of pills shaken out onto the sink counter. for a split second he thought of cutting it up–slowing down–taking a half, but seeing his reflection put a bad taste in his mouth he couldn’t shake out. he knew he looked awful. opallo looked up again and straightened up, watching himself swallow the pill whole–using the tap water to wash it down. on his face was blood–starting to crust over and flake off his dirty face. his hair was a mess. he realized his eyes were almost instinctively wide–the waterlines still pinkish red.

opallo hunched over the counter gritting his teeth and facing down at the sink. he could feel the tears about to rush in now, but he wasn’t ready. he didn’t want to let go in fear of never returning. he sniffled and hit the counter with his fist so hard he felt the pulsing radiate in his bones--only allowing himself to let out a muffled sound.

12 stout street - rx papi

© weldherwings.

A

filler! ignore

S

filler! ignore

• Alex Smyth

The Rebel

weeds

luke tellegio

♫/makes no difference - sum41/

mood

kinda annoyed

cafeteria room

oufit

561ef9ce7fb62544f78233b8a70fc9ca.jpg
f201365d3227de74b3cdc185df01e730.jpg
ffad36c23811c8e2d96759c9e0d47665.jpg

tag

interactions: eino, leigh Chimney Swift Chimney Swift // mentions: laury Sugarnaut Sugarnaut , mallory floralmoon floralmoon , calli TheVoidQueen TheVoidQueen

after the awkward five minutes in the knitting club room, luka had been slightly thrown off by the interaction. he wandered down the hall letting the high thoughts fill his head. he knew he had to meet somebody, but he couldn’t remember who.*(1) who cares--it wasn’t his girlfriend, that was for sure. (sad face).

instead he thought about the party and again, how weird it was that one of his best friends could possibly be dating the most popular girl in school soon. fuck no. there’s no way.

lauren and mallory hawke sounded like a fucking garbage fire of a disaster, but at the same time they’d both been on a track record of surprises these last 72 hours. the way things had been going the last year he guessed not much could surprise anyone anymore. he stood in his tracks, passing through the end of the hall into the cafeteria. that party, man….

oh yeah, that party. and HIM. *(2)

that little–

across the room, his eyes had found the culprit of his misery; in his eyes–the actual reason he didn’t have the lamborghini or a credit card right now. if this fucker had kept his business to himself there’d be zero stains on his mom’s turkish rug, his parents would be.. minimally angry at him? he’d probably be speeding seventy-five down yesler way to great state burgers with his girlfriend by his side and a fat blunt. top down and everything. he took that shit away from me–this crippled motherfucker.

“aye!” he called out, walking briskly through the round tables. “yeah, you. i got something for you–outside.” after the ominous demand, he rolled his eyes at the kid’s bewilderment, “shut up–it’s your fucking crutches, you left ‘em at my crib.” he ran his hand through his hair, already irritated he had to stand waiting on this loser as if they knew eachother like that. luka didn’t want to be seen with the cretin any longer than he had to, but he needed to talk to him badly.

“lukey!” exclaimed the blonde head of hair in front of him. eino turned his shoulder and flashed luka a toothy grin, starting to babble about how “wicked” his party had been. of course this idiot’s friends with leigh. makes total sense.

alright, luka didn’t actually hate eino, but he was freshman, a fan and he was still thoroughly convinced he was stealing his swag. the danish kid started growing on jack and laury with his ‘european charm’ and ‘ear’ for music or whatever, but it didn’t work on luka. honestly, maybe it didn't work on laury either. laury was just too nice. and jack got excited to work with anyone who made decent music.

either way, he'd met plenty of stupid people in europe. this one just knew his way around FL studio.

“hi eino.” he said rather dismissive, “can you wheel your friend out to my car. being here any longer is making me lose braincells.”

with that, luka turned to start the walk out of the cafeteria towards the parking lot. though the two boys had started moving, he tossed an amusing threat to further mess with leigh’s anxious state. “or actually i was thinking of giving them to that crackhead who lives behind the fred meyer. *(3) he said something about needing it to collect more welfare cash. probably needs it way more than you do.”

*(1) jack has been waiting for him at the bleachers for fifteen minutes.

*(2) leigh fallon.

*(3) fred meyer–a popular grocery store chain in washington.

© weldherwings.

totalleighstupid

scroll

“Aye!”

A voice shot across the cafeteria, interrupting poor flustered Leigh’s near-confession of having kissed Chloe. At first, the young boy was beyond relieved by the interruption– anything to steer the conversation away from his frisky behavior with a certain redheaded fortune-telling girl.

But just then, as he turned around and saw who was calling out to their table, a sudden jolt of terror rocketed up Leigh’s spine at the speed of sound.

Oh no.

Somewhere in the muddled swampy memories of Saturday night that Leigh’s brain still clung to, the glaring face of this handsome blond boy rang out like a fire alarm.

It was almost enough to make him piss his pants again.

“Oh… O-oh, you’re…”

Luke Tellegio.

Luke Tellegio’s white carpet. Wine. Sploosh.

Oh no. Oh, no no no no.

“H-hey, listen, my man, my buddy, my pal, y-you’ve got it all wrong, I’m… I’m not…” Leigh’s blubbering attempts at speech were cut off sharply. “Shut up–it’s your fucking crutches, you left ‘em at my crib.”

Leigh made an unintelligible sound of confusion, tilting his head to the side. His crutches were indeed lost somewhere at the party… What was Luke going to do with them now? Beat him to death with them in front of the whole school? Meanwhile, Eino seemed unaware of the electrifying tension and continued happily chatting along, wheeling a bewildered and breathless Leigh out of the cafeteria to what he could only assume was his premature death. But no, no… not yet. He hadn’t died just yet. Instead, Luke offered another option:

“Or actually I was thinking of giving them to that crackhead who lives behind the Fred Feyer. He said something about needing it to collect more welfare cash. probably needs it way more than you do.”

“Whoa, hey, don’t do that!!” Leigh blurted out, twisting around in his wheelchair to look up at Luke’s towering figure, which instantly made him feel a little panicky being so close to the ground. “I… I do need those. My legs don’t, uh… my brain doesn’t work my legs so good. It’s a long story but I need those back or else I’m gonna have to make Eino scoot me around forever and ever.” He sighed, attempting to induce an ounce of sympathy. It was probably the only thing keeping him alive right now.

FUN
Troye Sivan

© weldherwings.

Last edited:
vaping? threats? drug paraphrenalia

luke tellegio

♫/makes no difference - sum41/♫

mood

kinda annoyed

school parking lot

oufit

561ef9ce7fb62544f78233b8a70fc9ca.jpg
f201365d3227de74b3cdc185df01e730.jpg
ffad36c23811c8e2d96759c9e0d47665.jpg

tag

interactions: eino, leigh Chimney Swift Chimney Swift // mentions: carter purplecowdutch purplecowdutch , calli TheVoidQueen TheVoidQueen

“hey man, if i am wheeling my bro around for my whole life.. i will not mind !” chimed eino, patting leigh on the shoulder a little too hard--pushing forward his chair briskly through the tables to catch up with luka’s stride.

luka smirked to himself, turning back to continue their march out the doors and into the brisk air. seeing leigh flustered and jarred over his loose threats was hilarious and somewhat rewarding. something about this kid was pure entertainment. it was tempting to bully him into dispensing more pathetic content--it fueled luke's ego a little more than he'd admit. luka thought for a moment how funny it’d be to threaten him further when they’d arrived at their location--make eino leave and switch into something completely villanous just to push the limits to what his reaction could be. film it too, maybe black mail him.

“pffft” he aired under his breath, taking a drag from his vape. luka tended to get neurotic and vindictive when the power landed in his lap–something he didn’t shy away from internally, but played sort of clueless about in real life. in this case, he had to choose his words carefully. leigh still had some sort of relationship with calliope–nothing too worrisome, but the fact it even existed still bothered him; and hindered him into needing to hold back when dealing with the kid. over time, maybe calli would understand how dumb it was to stay friends with your ex-boyfriend’s obsessive little brother. but not right now. he just had to be patient with that one.

what a pain in the ass..

now approaching the white chevrolet, luke took his keys out and popped the trunk open–the crutches lying sprawled among a pile of blankets, old clothes and an assortment of smoking paraphrenalia. he eyed the two just making it up to the car and when they’d halted, he leaned against the side. through the smoke of another puff, he nodded off eino, “eino, give us a sec? i just wanna talk to him alone if that’s coo.”

eino took his hands off the chair handle and clutched his backpack straps, “yeah bro! of course. i’ll see you back in there, leigh!” the shorter blonde boy pushed his friend about a foot closer to luke and spun around to walk back towards the building.

“BYE LUKEY!!!!” eino hollered loudly–his hand flailing for a moment. he’d almost gotten hit by a car backing out and somehow–without having any bit of knowledge of the occurrence and continued his walk away in the usual carefree eino manner.

luka’s eyes lingered over in his direction for a second, not really knowing what to make of him. back to the issue at hand.

“alright. so what’s the deal with fucking up my mom’s carpet.” luka said, “i know you have a problem with me, but i don’t understand why--and me and calli are doing really well so whatever plans you’re trying to make to break us apart or make my life suck aren’t going to work.”

he grit his teeth, feeling uncomfortable trying to get deep with someone he barely knew—even more so, a fallon. a strew of hostility now–”and if you are planning on doing some other fuck shit to me or calli, i’ll fuck you up. don’t make me talk to your brother about it either–i don’t like that guy.”

© weldherwings.

mention of substance abuse, jail, death
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
opallowcollins
scroll
her sudden entry startled him, but he didn’t bother covering up the pills and residue on the counter. she already knew exactly what was going on. instead, he massaged his hand and pitifully realigned his stance. opollo was at a standstill, gritting his teeth before he conceded to his headspace. “alex,” he started–his eyes on her, hoping he didn’t look as pathetic and screwed up as he felt. instead of coming up with an excuse for his behavior, he started to talk.

“i–” he cringed, swallowing his emotions down as if they were thorns, “i really–fucking–thought it was over. i thought you were going to die.” opallo’s expression wilted just for a moment–a tear entreating his eyes to which he’d tried to blink away. he thought alex might attempt to respond like it was no big deal, like she often always did. like all the terrible, fucked up circumstances she’d been placed under all this time were only of her own accord or some unforgiving and unfortunate luck–that life was ‘just shit that way’.

opallo hated that about her. he wanted so badly something different for her–something finally safe and completely rid of the misery and rage set upon her for as long as he knew her. he didn’t like the idea of crumbling in front of alex, so he didn’t. rather he took her face into his hands, “i feel like i’m going crazy right now. and i don’t know what’s going to happen to me, but whatever happens–if i’m in jail–or–or–dead–in the next week. you have to know that…earlier?--what i did?--was because i love you. because i couldn’t give a fuck about anything else.”

he took his hands off her for a second, resting them at his side. he didn’t feel a waft of anxiety like he had thinking all these thoughts about her alone in his room. “i love you alex. cam is gonna take care of you if i’m gone. and all this shit trafficking money–i want you to have it. i don’t care about any of it and i never have.”

never in his life did he ever want to sell drugs. never in his life did he ever want to use a gun, much less keep one on him all hours of the day. in fact, it pissed him off hearing kids talk out of their asses about their ‘fake ops’ or toting guns online for no reason–when he never got a choice since he was a little boy. if this was how his life boiled down to, it’d only be worth it if alex and izzy got out of this city for good. cam and kat too, but getting out of it was almost even more complicated for them. all he wanted was to keep those closest to him safe, but he couldn’t do it in jail. he couldn’t do it miles away smuggled into another country either. or dead. all of these thoughts ate away at him.

i’ll feel the high soon.. soon, soon..

he was safe now, but for how long?

alphabet town - elliott smith

© weldherwings.

A

filler! ignore

S

filler! ignore

• Alex Smyth

The Rebel

scroll.

first friday of forever

skip #3

Hope you had an eventful Valentines Day, Seattle! As the sun goes down on Friday night, you’re sure to catch something
going on in town. The stars are the most visible they’ve been in months and you know how the city gets on a clear day.
In fact, expect people out
from dusk ‘til dawn because it’s clear skies all weekend, baby!

Some of tonight’s roster includes, local’s night near by Pike Place market where the prestigious international art festival
“Sawdust” is back! You know the deal, pass holders free with all the perks and locals with proof of address can attend
for $25 a ticket!

UFC’s Dana White continues his Contender Series held for one night only at the Key Arena in downtown Seattle!

Lots of kids seem to be crowded around Capitol Hill more than usual tonight. At Teller’s Cage, Boys Night Out headlines
their usual party scene with Devotchka Kult opening before them. Strange, but rare.

Quite a few parties are happening all over the city tonight. Police urge citizens to avoid certain parts of town
(Ahem.. Downtown, Capitol Hill and South Seattle) at night as crime rates have been rising dramatically over the past year.
Remember to keep yourselves safe and don’t take any drugs from strangers. Unless it’s for free, then…
I mean… what’s the worst that could happen, right?

@jenna_s14ught3r

Can't believe i'm actually seeing D.K. AND BNO in 1 nite..what is life?!!!!!

@XhristianDedth

ofc a mosh as soon as Korn hits the speakers lol bet this the only song these kids know... DJ pretty sick tho

@lukeyy

Crowd alreddy looking live Cyu soon :P
we on @ 11

@dreamprncess.eve

new hair in time for the concert 🦇🖤

@DelilahMontauk

BEAUTIFUL photo of our sign earlier this morning. Tonight! come join us for local's night starting at 8! open bar until 10pm courtesy of the Morrisson family. Hope to see you at Sawdust 💫

@SeattleHerald

a MMA dreamer's big night! More tickets will be available at the door, but they're going fast! Come see Seattle's very own fight for a chance to be signed to the UFC! Also, MMA's youngest rising superstar Opallo Collins is making his debut tonight as well. Come support!

coded by xayah.ღ

mentions of drugs, drinking
s0ren17
scroll

jack tried to relax on the decrepit faux velvet couch in the back of the green-room. it was a bright royal blue he didn’t have the slightest affinity for. he never sat on this couch. the dark brown leather was his favorite, but it seemed to currently be occupied by an entourage of three crust punks downing shooters while one of them tattoos the other’s shoulder. on the wooden bench beside it was a man with another guy on his shoulders who was tagging some sort of logo on the roof. he watched the scene before him, people walking in and out–flashy studded belts and every shade of black color possible. girls in the highest boots he’d ever seen and the most metal on their face. he wondered just how tedious it’d be to remove them for an MRI.

he was sipping on a beer, but more so was he chain smoking cigarette after cigarette to deal with the nerves that came in waves–intensity growing now that he was all alone. jack was with luka, laurie and calli just a minute ago. it’d mostly just been the four of the them together since school had got out. luka and calli left to walk to the liquor store a block over–a mission to retrieve the most necessary of items: extra packs of cigarettes for jack, blunt wraps for himself, the new faygo soda flavor that just came out (that was for all of them) and a pack of cards to play speed with. or blackjack. but jack was, ironically, terrible at blackjack. laurie left around the same time to hand out waters and snacks to people waiting in line. a line that apparently circled the block. now why the hell would they want to go out if that were really true? the thought of not only that many people just being here, but partially for him terrified jack to no end. he’d try to act chill about it in the green-room. can’t lose your cool in front of devotchka kult. or any of these people.

it might’ve helped if BNO even had an entourage who would actually be here this early, but there wasn’t anyone. well, there was eino but the trigger-happy european boy was off exploring teller’s for his first time and seemed to attract a group of people all on his own. it bewildered him how beguilling some people could be to have strangers want to be around you when they know absolutely nothing of you. luka had a similar charm, but his charm was alot more nuanced. nuanced as in, only a specific amount of people could be around a drunk luka without either being annoyed or upset in some form.

lazily, he toyed with the idea of walking out and trying to look for eino. a part of him wanted to contact literally anyone on their guest list for an eta, but he wasn’t trying to look even more nervous than he felt. honestly, he felt like a total loser. he’d feel like an even bigger one hanging out with a bunch of strangers and a bubbly lunatic. love him, but it was too much right now.

sooner or later, it could consume him. like when you’re at the precipitation of all the go-wrongs before your mind just unleashes a hailstorm.

i’m gonna look so stupid on stage. i’m dressed like a fucking loser. my acne is so bad today. i just want to hide. no one even cares about me, they’re just here for laurie and luka. maybe they’re here to make fun of me online–post a video of how awful it goes, maybe someone’d make up some fake lie and get me cancelled so i can just get this whole thing over with and just fucking ki–.

bzzt.

jack whipped his phone out with rapid-fire precision, scanning the recieved text with a furrowed expression. texting wendy sheary was probably not his best idea, but it hadn’t hit yet. he responded instantly and they had a very brief back and forth. jack felt a tinge of guilt for asking to see her, but after all wendy had sort of become a safe spot over the last six months. it was hard not to text her the minute he felt uneasy. he’d feel stupider as soon as he reread these texts in the morning. although, to feel any stupider than he did sending them might just put the nail in the coffin.

he shut his phone off after about five minutes. it was no use waiting for a text that’d only come when it came. once again was it always on wendy’s terms to figure out what was going on. he didn’t really mind, but he could use some good news right about now.

jack sparked another cigarette, feeling the music from the main space assail through the concrete walls of the green-room. they’d be letting people in now right on time–9pm. the way it went was a couple djs before devotchka kult, one more dj and then the BNO set. everything was all set up. sound check went surprisingly well given that luka was thirty minutes late. badger and eino were their sound guys for the night–badger more so than eino. badger was one of teller’s cousins–being that he’d been a sound check guy for the last few decades, it saved the boys a lot of worries to have him around.

still, it was enough. jack would be nervous regardless. he’d be lying if he didn’t consider maybe taking something for it. luka suggested they do molly. which… seems good in theory. fun, positive drug–makes you happy and upbeat, lots of energy to keep up with the crowd and the rest of the night. until the thought of sweating like a pig and grinning hard like a crazy person through every song nipped that idea in the ass. laurie was probably going to get a little drunk, like usual. and probably make it all look easy. they hadn’t really talked much on whether they were as nervous or not. jack wondered if laurie was keeping it on wraps to make himself feel more at ease. monkey see monkey do. all it did was leave jack feeling pretty isolated in his experience.

just something.. something.. something chill. something i can just inhale or pop and feel a wave of relaxation crash over me…

all of those drugs were the 'bad' drugs though. emily had already given him an earful about even popping xanax, which she did end up catching him on the week after luka’s party. he promised it was just a little test to realize he didn’t need it. (lie).

he needed it badly right now.

“fuck me.” jack said, looking at his phone again with no response from literally anybody. he tossed the phone in his backpack and took a small baggy out to walk over to the crust punks sharing a blunt with. “hey, can i hit that? ill trade you for a quarter bar.”

chop suey - system of a down (heard in the green room through the walls)

© weldherwings.

Last edited:
mentions of drinking
lukeyy
scroll

“thanks bro.” luka handed one of the three plastic bags to calli and together they exited the liquor store. the night air felt cool on his warm skin. it was the kind of weather that was cold, but uncorrupted. it could’ve been attributed to him being a little drunk, but everything just felt perfect. as they approached the crosswalk, he looked over at calliope–scanning her hair down to her platform shoes. she looked so well put-together, yet just as much of a rock star as he looked. no, she looks way cooler. calli always looked cool. she was easily one of the best dressed girls in the entire school. even if she wasn’t she wouldn’t even have to try. my pretty girl.

maybe it was just the spell of a seamless valentine’s day with a new girlfriend, but he was absolutely heartsore. luka could feel how happy he was in the core of his chest, in the breaths taken from lungs. it almost hurt how head over heels he was getting for this girl. their day was kept so simple. of course with the random perks of dragging her to his first ever sound check. first off, they ended up walking into teller's like thirty minutes late even though they were there right on time. just talking and making out with her made time fly by. and when he'd actually started rehearsing with the others, she seemed so happy to be there. she was the only one there that whole time, just watching him rehearse and seemingly having a great time doing it. it didn’t hit him how special this moment they were sharing actually was until he saw her down from the stage. the look on her face, being goofy at times and supportive the whole way through–both so affectionate, yet enthralled. he loved how much she loved what he did. none of his other girlfriend’s seemed to show this much interest in his music, which.. was fine?--naw it fucking sucked.

calli did more than care. she actually gets it.

eventually, she’d catch his eyes back to which he smiled with blithe, “hi.”--with a nerdy grin. “hey, hey–um..you’re pretty.”

just as they cut in closer passing the line that was now starting to move, a couple girls rushed towards them followed by three boys. they all looked about his brother’s age, but he’d never seen them before in his life.

“ummm hey lukeyyy!!!” the one with the pink cat ear-ed beanie waved both of her hands at them, “sorry if this is weird but could we take a couple photos with you??”

luka glanced at calli with raised brows, rather surprised yet impressed by the situation at hand. he turned back to the girls. the one with the beanie took a turn with him, luka throwing up a peace sign and a subdued smile. the blonde-haired girl with the pixie cut gave the phone back to the beanie, turning to both luka and calliope who were sort of just standing there. “we’re from like portland-area and hopped on a bus to get here, we’ve been listening to BNO since like, last year right april?”

“mmhmm, it’s like all we listen to now pretty much.” beanie (aka april) laughed then looked slightly apologetic at calli, “i’m sorry, i’m ellie and this is jean. i love you’re outfit by the way!!” luka watched calli and the two girls exchange a couple words, then politely thanked them for coming to the show as they parted ways.

luka waited until they went inside the venue and leaned into her as they walked,“wow.” he exhaled shortly, “that has never happened to me before.”

he had definitely tried to play it cool in front of the fans, but admittedly it was kind of crazy. luka had always had some sort of fan base since he’d even started using social media, but it was a whole other experience meeting any in real life. especially self-proclaimed ‘hardcore fans’. it was sick. he loved the attention–just wished he was a little more drunk for the whole interaction. there was a lot of time for that now. two hours until they got on stage. holy fuck.

“how’d you feel about it? was it weird?” he asked her, intrigued by her thoughts seeing that kind of thing in person. momentarily, he dapped up the bouncer at the entrance of the green-room door before they walked in and put the plastic bags down by the table.

hold me back - BNO

© weldherwings.

mood
still a little high

tag
Sugarnaut Sugarnaut

outfit
an old, seattle bowling shirt, worn by the greatest bowling team of seattle and a gift from his grandma

Carter Fallon

Carter felt like shit, he had not moved of the couch since six in the morning. Him and Teddy filled an inhaler with some shoe paint that his mom must have pickpocket-ed somewhere but it ended up in them laying on the couch while watching the sixth season of Real Housewives.
It was nice for Carter to get his head out of the gutter, after his date with Wendy he got this feeling and it was something he hadn't felt since Calli- They mutually broke up. Carter felt himself getting more and more desperate just to get a partner or at least someone to talk to besides Leigh.

Nothing seemed to have happened though when he came back to school, she flat out ignored all his texts and every attempt of talking to him. Carter felt like a jerk and Laury was acting all funny about it too. Not just that but Calli got official with Mister. Has. It. All. God, Carter felt physically sick and shut off the television, enjoying the silence around him and closing his eyes for what it felt like a second before hearing the doorbell go off. Fuck me.
He had forgotten that he promised Leigh and Chad to go throw rocks at trains, what normally would be his favorite activity but now he wasn't as excited as usual. He peeked through the window and saw standing there, indeed, Chad. 'Leigh!' He yelled as loud as he could, everything to not have to get up. 'Leigh, Chad's here!' After a long silent, Carter annoyingly got up and instead of opening the door, kicked in their room's door. 'What are you doing, idiot? Stop jerking off, your little friend's here.' Without any hesitation he left the room, now to open the front door theatrically, swinging it against the outside of the trailer.

Carter didn't always have the opportunity to act like a big brother but the times he could, he would take full advantage of it. 'Chad, you better have brought me a six-pack of beer like I told you to or I'm not coming,' he turned his back to Chad but left the door open, inviting him in. Carter put his inhaler in the pocket of his sweatpants, he was still wearing the same bowling shirt as he did yesterday and was pretty sure his pants had a few doritos stains but he wasn't going anywhere anyway and definitely wasn't going to see anybody. He lit up a cigarette and looked at Leigh who had entered the room now finally as well. 'Well, well, cinderella, you got your beauty sleep?' Carter said mocking while laughing looking at Chad for any kind of confirmation. The tough act wouldn't last very long with these two but Carter wasn't giving up anytime soon. 'So are we getting fucked up today boys? I need an upper for real,' he then mumbled while blowing the smoke into the tiny box they called a home.

Somehow it felt very freeing being at home if their mom wasn't there, she had not come home since him and Teddy had met up yesterday but Carter wasn't worried. Sometimes she would leave for days, weeks even but never longer than a month. Carter realized maybe he could have never made Wendy happy at all, he was just like his mom and he could never give her the world as she wanted it. Carter would never admit he wasn't good enough though, that would just make it real.

© weldherwings.

totalleighstupid

scroll

Wintery old Saint Valentine’s Day was hard for Leigh to cope with this year. Not because of his own lack of romantic experience, no, no… not even his brief kissing escapade with Chloe was particularly bothersome to him anymore. No, this was about his brother.

For whatever reason, be it undying loyalty or simple emotional immaturity, Carter’s romantic woes weighed heavily on little Leigh. He tearfully rolled over and over in his bed, sniffling to himself as he imagined how lonely his older brother must be without Calli, how Calli was with Luke Tellegio now, how that wine stain he’d drunkenly left on Luke’s carpet had forever stained their prospects of reconciliation…

For several seconds, he ignored the knocks on the bedroom door.
“Leigh!”
His brother’s voice caught Leigh’s attention. He sat up in bed, wiping off his face, but couldn’t bring himself to answer the call… he knew his voice would crack.
“Leigh, Chad’s here!”
Still no answer– Leigh was still hurriedly trying to clean up any evidence that he’d been crying by himself in his room when Carter kicked in the door.
“What are you doing, idiot? Stop jerking off, your little friend's here.”

“I’m coming, I’m coming!” Leigh squeaked out, grabbing his crutches to pull himself to standing. “And I WASN’T jerking off!! Jeez, Carter, let a guy have some alone time!!”

As cranky as his responses were, Leigh actually was a bit excited deep down for this outing. Carter and Leigh were going to be joined by Leigh’s friend Chad to go on an adventure to the train tracks. A simple day of good mischievous fun. Just like old times, before anything had ever gone wrong in Leigh’s social life…

“Chad!!” Leigh hobbled over to the front door to his friend to give him an enthusiastic hug that contradicted his reddened tearstained face. “What’s up, what’s up, what’s up? OOH, you brought beer!! This is gonna be so fun, just you see…”

FUN
Troye Sivan

© weldherwings.

E

filler! ignore

T

filler! ignore

• Emily Thomas

The Girl Next Door

Users who are viewing this thread