• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern growing up in seattle / main rp thread / accepting new characters (pm if interested)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

doedeer

<3 ! Our Google Doc ! <3

Thursday, January 18th, students in Seattle, WA were returning to school after winter break. This morning before school at Roosevelt High started, it was a very cloudy and cold day like most days in January. Checking the weather app, it was a high of 48 degrees, but it totally felt colder—luckily it wasn’t as windy as it could be…or rainy.

mood: self-deprecating/anxious
outfit: black hoodie, baggy cargo jeans, studded belt, white airfares
mentions: auggie, rosie,
interactions: none
tags: tags
casper
listening: bladee - plastic surgery

All Casper could remember about the day before he was sent to the Northwest Seattle Inpatient Rehabilitation Center was how mad he was that his ex-gf Violet called him out of the blue, on a day he was already abusing opiates and ignoring all of his friends messages. At this point, he was so deep in the hole of drugs he had lied to his friends about his insane consumption. At first, his cover was selling real opiates and making a ton of money off of it, but it turned into Casper barely making anything due to spending on his own habits. Violet was his first real girlfriend, but also who his friends refer to as 'the craziest bitch alive'. Even Luke wouldn't dare put up with her. To Casper though, he didn't really know any better and this random call just to explain how well she was doing in New York City pissed him off into a spiral of self-loathing.

How could someone who cheated on you multiple times with affluent people in the music and fashion industry while simultaneously being crazy and controlling still prompt you to answer.. Fuck her. He thought to himself now.

Then, the next thing Casper knew at that point, he was lighting up foil in his bathroom with the fentanyl percocets he fuzzily remembered buying. There it was, that feeling again--this time growing even stronger and stronger every second. Then Boom. He woke up in the hospital with no way of getting out for the next one a half months. It’s weird too because he remembered reading a couple texts before he passed out. I guess he had sent Rosie something really concerning. Maybe her and Auggie were the reason he was even found by the paramedics in his bathroom. Certainly his mother who was on the billionth vacation with her boyfriend that year wasn’t going to be the one to check on him. Instead she coyly signed him off, only calling once in that month to tell him she was disappointed.

Casper had just gotten back from inpatient rehabilitation at 11pm last night. Normally, he would’ve texted his friends—Auggie at least, but he couldn’t really tell if any of them were mad at him. I mean, a month and a half had passed by. He did feel as if Rosie would be the one most upset anyway, she always disliked how hard he went with opiates specifically. He shook that thought out of his head. “Whatever..” He muttered and threw over a black hoodie that read ‘I Hate New York’ and baggy Ralph Lauren cargo jeans. He groans to himself, looking in the mirror. Casper hated school so much, but he knew that rehab was worse and something in him sort of wanted to get his life back on some sort of track. Anyway, his friends were going to be there—upset at him or not—and at least he could see them.
Casper checks his phone to see a ton of requested dms from the small amount of supportive fans of his music [where ru at casper?] [we miss u hope u doing ok] [ur last song is epic bro drop more soon]—among the dms. He sighs, putting his headphones in, grabbing his backpack and his skateboard.

º º code by ditto º º

mood: high, nonchalant
outfit: white button up, navy blue sweater, baggy jeans, air forces
mentions: casper, auggie
interactions: auggie (text)
luke
listening: yeat - sorry bout that

Luke started his day the way he always did—roll a backwood blunt and smoke it on the roof of his huge Seattle house in Loyal Heights--in his boxers and a sweatshirt of course. After smoking for a bit he sends a couple texts to one of his closest friends, Auggie that he had been hanging out with all winter break.

[TO AUGGIE: yo. casper should be out today rite?]

He puts down his phone for a second to nod at a girl jogging on the sidewalk in front of his house. She sheepishly giggles and continues on her jog. He sends another text.

[TO AUGGIE: i tried calling him last nite, but his phone’s off or some shit. Have u hit him up? Also dad not letting me drive the tesla today ;/ gna have to skate to school smh]

He continues on with his morning routine, already behind schedule as usual. Throwing on a white button up long sleeve, a navy blue Fendi sweater and baggy black jeans. He took a shot of vodka as he awaited any of his friends messages.
He sees his younger brother Emilio leaving the front door and yells at him, “Aye, I can’t pick you up today after practice, Dad won’t let me drive right now.”
His younger brother scoffs, “Maybe cause you’re a dumbass alcoholic…” Emilio says under his breath and slams the door hurriedly.
Luke lets out a laugh, following it with another shot of vodka. “Whatever.”

º º code by ditto º º

mood: optimistic, slightly worried
outfit: white tee shirt, black tank top over, baggy light wash jeans, green zip-up, black converse
mentions: Andy, bea, rosie, piper, ember, auggie, casper, Shuni, Luke
interactions: rosie, Andy (text)
livy
listening: no vacation - yam yam

Livy awoke this January morning groggy, but optimistic about the day. She had spent half of her winter break at her uncle’s cabin with her siblings, snowboarding and skiing in Vancouver, BC and the other half of it hanging out with her closest friends - mostly Andy, Bea and/or Rosie, but also a new friend she met through Rosie over break—Piper. She wasn’t sure how Piper felt about her though, she was mostly standoffish towards people especially in a group setting which was where she met her. However, Livy felt optimistic about this little group that was forming between the girls she knew at the moment. Another friend she had been wondering about was the quiet, cheerleader girl she had befriended before winter break, Ember. She didn't quite have a chance to introduce her to her other friends. Hopefully I'll see her in class today, Livy thought.

The sound of her younger siblings, Sven and Lily, bickering downstairs prompted her to get ready as the clock was ticking fast—being late was never really a concern of hers, but she really wanted to go to school today. After all, she also had Casper and his friends on her mind. She didn’t know him, Auggie, Shuni and Luke very well, but Rosie had been friends with them for awhile and partying with them was always a good time. However, she knew Casper had gone to rehab after overdosing on his bathroom floor. Rosie being the mom friend she was, was initially really upset over what happened to Casper and expressed that to Livy after it all went down. Hopefully, Casper was doing better and the other boys as well.

Livy threw on a tee shirt, layered over a tank and a warm insulated green hoodie. She also layered leggings under her jeans and laced up her black converse.

[TO ROSIE: hii hav u heard anything from the boys about casper? I was kinda wondering if he was even coming back for spring semester :/]

[TO ANDY: yo wanna carpool? my mom said I could drive the Range Rover todayyyy lmk ill pick u up :p]

She puts her phone down and goes downstairs to get a bite of French toast and say goodbye to her siblings before her mom takes them to Whitman Middle School.

º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:
Rosie

outfit: Link

mood: anxious, tired

January 18th

Rosie sat inside her old beat up SUV, head leaning against the side window as her breath fogged up the glass. Her eyes were shut as took deep breaths in and out. The smell of her black coffee wafted into her nose and she decided to check her phone for the millionth time the past few weeks, looking for any sign of communication from Casper. Rosie sighed and opened her eyes as Casper’s last text to her popped on screen, images and thoughts of that night began replaying in her mind like a reel. Casper lifeless and being rolled out of his house on a stretcher, the sound of the sirens wailing, the blinding police lights. The night itself is a bit of a blur, and she doesn't even know if Casper remembers her and Auggie finding him, having to break down the bathroom door. She had been meaning to send Casper a text or call, had typed out messages to see if he was okay, but she just couldn’t ever hit send. Rosie felt an immense guilt. She’d known Casper since childhood, thought she knew him like the back of her hand, would do anything to protect him and her other friends. So how did she not see the signs? Why wasn’t she there for him when he needed it most? Why did he start using in the first place? Exiting from her messages with Casper, she sent a message to Auggie. If Casper was going to message anyone, it’d be him.

[TO AUGGIE: Anything from Casp yet?]

Rosie also saw a text from Livy, thumbs twiddling above her keyboard as she thought of what to respond.

[TO LIVY: Nothing yet, the last I heard from his mom he’s supposed to come back today though. Also grabbed you and Andy your usual from the cafe, meet you in the parking lot?]

[TO PIPER: Sorry I couldn't pick you up this morning, got you some coffee though :) ]

Usually Rosie picked up coffees/tea for her friends on the way to school or even picked her friends up, using it as another excuse to leave the house earlier than needed. She would’ve offered to give rides today but she was feeling too anxious and tired to do so. Hence why she’s waiting in the parking lot, giving herself time to let her anxiety and exhaustion settle so she could be happy for her friends.
It would suffice to say that winter break hadn’t started well, ended well, or gone well at all for that matter. Over break Rosie found out her current boyfriend was cheating on her, not that she was head over heels for him entirely, in fact she didn’t even believe in love, but the betrayal was bitter all the same. It left her wondering what was so wrong with her that every guy in her life ended up leaving. Then of course her parents fought daily, last night was particularly bad and got scarily violent. So school was a welcome reprise against everything clouding Rosie’s brain. So for now, she was content to sit in her SUV and listen to the music blasting through her speakers until her friends arrived for classes.

Mention tanto tanto doedeer doedeer BracedJupiter72 BracedJupiter72 TheVoidQueen TheVoidQueen
@kaninchen
coded by kaninchen

mood: self-deprecating/anxious
outfit: black hoodie, baggy cargo jeans, studded belt, white airfares
mentions: auggie, rosie, luke
interactions: his plug
casper
listening: wolves - c4sper / auggie / lukey (prod. auggie x c4sper)

One of the worst things about coming back from rehab was how lonely Casper felt. Not only was his drug dependency thwarted by the suboxone he was put on to get him off opiates, but it created this feeling of never-ending emptiness. I’m clean—now what? He looks at his phone, his finger scrolling past his opiate plugs number. Okay so I can hit him up and end this feeling or I can just ignore him and try to get through it. It's so easy right.
His scrolling then came down to Rosie's contact. He swallows hard for a second and his eyes can't help but narrow away onto the floor of his dark room. Her contact picture was a funny selfie of her with Casper awkwardly in the background after she had taken his phone just for this reason.
Yeah, he could text her, but what would he even say? There isn't much to say and besides, he didn't even know what really happened--it was pointless. Maybe talking to Auggie or Luke first would be best before even trying to contact her. He didn't have her first period at least--not that he was trying to avoid her...Well maybe a little bit. He didn't mean to be a dick to Rosie at all, he just resorted to throwing his problems out of the window when he felt terrible about them.
His finger accidentally taps a notification from Soundcloud about a user liking one of the songs on the page him and his friends had created for their music. "Wolves" was the song title and it was the last song him, Auggie and Luke had made in his studio--a few days before the overdose. It was doing surprisingly well. He presses play.

"Alone, again and again and again.
Back home again and again and again,
'So long' again and again and again.
It's my fault, I know I don't listen, just tell me again."

His lyrics echoed in his mind loud and clear.
[TO AJ (PLUG): yo I'm out, not tryna sell opiates rn, but hmu with what else u got.]

He looks at the time, Fuck I'm going to be late. He walks out his front door, throws his skateboard on the ground and starts pushing on the side walk. He had a bit to go, but whatever, it's not like he was ever on time.

º º code by ditto º º

mood: high, stoked
mentions: rosie,livy, auggie, leon
interactions: rosie LindsMagee LindsMagee , livy (text)
luke
listening: unreleased song - lukey (prod. lukey)

Luke connects his phone to the living room speaker and immediately plays an unreleased song he was planning to drop this weekend. He had made it with Auggie and a couple others in his room over winter break, but listening to it as much as he could on different speakers was the best way to mix the vocals correctly--that and he just liked listening to his own shit, it was definitely an ego boost to say the least. He laughs to himself out of pure exuberance as he opens his iMessage to text Rosie and Livy.

[TO ROSIE: yo bump this for me rl quick lol --private link--]
[TO LIVY: lmk wat u think--private link--]

He continues to bump it even louder, ignoring the clock on purpose. He had sophomore English first period anyway which was accompanied by a female teacher he particularly had a spell over. Coming late to that class was never an issue and usually if he was with his friends he could get them out of trouble with a not-so-stern remark from her.

He looks around his now empty house. His dad wasn't getting back til Sunday and it was Thursday. Usually he had some one lined up to "chill with", but Luke didn't really have anyone in mind at the moment.

He had just remembered at that moment to hit his friend Leon up when he got the chance. He'd only met him over winter break, but after meeting at a party and clicking instantly he definitely wanted to kick it with him and maybe even have a recording session. After all, Leon seemed pretty knowledgeable on music. Luke mostly made acoustic/atmospheric rap or singing shit, but as a kid all he listened to was punk/goth wave stuff. From, Green Day to Sum 41, Sex Pistols to Dead Kennedys, even stuff like Crystal Castles' renditions on the 80's dark wave club scene. He liked the stuff he made with Auggie and Casper, but experimenting was harboring an interest to him lately.

Luke puts his hand in his pocket ..Oh shit... No way. He pulls out two white xanax bars. His immediate instinct was Fuck yes time to pop these babies right now, but he stops himself. Four shots in now and he felt like it was only right to wait a little, maybe surprise his friends when he sees them. Eh, Not like they were going to be strong anyway, I'll save the rest for them. He breaks a fourth of one and takes it with a small swig of vodka.

Alright, now Luke was ready for the day.

º º code by ditto º º

mood: optimistic, amused
outfit: white tee shirt, black tank top over, baggy light wash jeans, green zip-up, black converse
mentions: Luke, casper, rosie
interactions: rosie LindsMagee LindsMagee , luke
livy
listening: this is what makes us girls (demo) - lana del rey

Livy yawns as she grabs her satchel and a water bottle, grabbing the keys to her mom's Range Rover and hopping into the driver's seat. After adjusting the mirrors and seats, she immediately plays her favorite artist--lana del rey and sits in the car awaiting texts from her friends. She gets a text from Luke and clicks the link. Listening for a moment, she grins and rolls her eyes. Of Course.. she thinks to herself. Luke had so many female fans online, she knew they'd just eat this one up for sure. Not that it wasn't good or anything, it just made her laugh at the thought of it. She opens up her phone to Rosie's contact, but was immediately greeted with a text back.

[TO ROSIE: aw darn.. well I guess we'll see him 2nd period algebra :p if he shows up. & omg ty ily I think andy's getting ready, but of course we will! < 3]

She beamed at the thought of seeing Rosie again. She adored her friends so much, but Rosie in particular was just such a sweetheart. Livy could tell she had such a big heart, just like hers. They often bonded over their love for peacemaking and good films. Livy is definitely the more verbally forward romantic between the two, but Rosie had her moments here and there--it was always fun to get that kind of talk out of Rosie during their sleepovers. Livy could tell Rosie wasn't that stoked on the topic of "love" and for good reason too, her last boyfriend was a total douche and so were the other ones in their own ways.
Luke's lyrics bled over her thoughts as they played over her car speakers.

"Who tryna party or come home and give me sloppy?"

"Oh my god he's too much." she says out loud and immediately texts Rosie again,

[TO ROSIE: did Luke send u that song he just made lmao he's too much XD]

She grimaces again and looks outside her garage at the gloominess outside. In Seattle you can't escape gloomy days. If there's a sunny day, there is always four back-to-back rainy days after that remind you of that. It was strange though because Livy felt like even though gloomy days could make bad ones worse, there was still something so sweet about the grayness in the sky.

º º code by ditto º º

The morning of January 18th found the usually late-riser that was Auggie Ward in rare condition-- awake before even one of his alarms had gone off. And unsure as to just why that was. Rather than dwelling on that issue, Auggie let his sleep-narrowed brown gaze focus over the hypnotic motions of the fan over-head. He let its steady motions lull him back towards the best escape of all from thinking-- sleep again. He deserved a couple of extra hours after all, as preparation for what was likely going to be yet another stressful sch-

Bzzz

A vibration from his phone, sitting on his side-desk, pulled the dark-haired boy from his sleep-addled thoughts. In spite of his exhaustion, Auggie found himself retrieving it. And the second his dark eyes settled over the screen, particularly the date -- January 18th, in large, white letters -- all sleepiness fled him. He sat up abruptly, begin scrolling through his notifs in search of one particular disturbance he wouldn't mind, especially after so long. Too long, really. Casper.

How could he forget that today was the day one of his oldest and best friends was being released from... well... rehab?

To be fair though, the two hadn't been able to speak for a very long time, given that visitations to the facility Casper had been held in weren't exactly a thing.

When questioned on the matter, Casper's mom had stressed that the other boy's recovery was dependent on exiting all other influences. So this facility, isolated and cut off from technology, was the perfect place for Casper, really. Or so she'd said. And though Auggie clung to Casper's mother's words as an excuse for why he hadn't attempted contact with Auggie, in truth there was probably more he could have done to try in get in contact with his friend. But it had been hard enough to find Casper like that, stretched out on a bathroom floor like a corpse all thanks to a decision of his own making. And even harder to fathom seeing him in the after of it.

Pushing away those thoughts, and the guilt that came with them, Auggie focused with renewed vigor on his search for Casper's name amongst the earliest of the messages. And... felt a deep disappointment the instant he came upon a not so pleasing relevation.

His best friend hadn't sent even a single text, hadn't even called.

But that was fair, Auggie decided. Casper might be a little angry about his friend's lack of contact. Maybe he wanted them to reach out first, which Auggie was more than willing to do. Setting his phone down momentarily as he arose from the bed, another vibration pulled Auggie from his movements towards his desk. Retrieving the device, Auggie opened the message the instant he saw Luke's name.

The blonde and him had gotten a lot closer over the break, Auggie by now well-accustomed to filling the gap in his life that was time with Casper with time with Luke. While it wasn't necessarily the same, the blonde was still a good time. And wasn't that all one really needed in friendship? He typed out a quick reply, before turning back towards the task of dressing.

[TO LUKE: yea but idk rly. havent spoken n a bit with him]

Pulling a grey non-descript hoodie from a pile of cleans from his desk and a plaid shirt from that same pile, Auggie threw the two on before turning back to his phone. His lips slid into an easy smile at Luke's message about him not having the Tesla for today. Maybe he could give the boy, who had frequently served as Auggie's ride all break long, a ride to school? That is, if the older boy was down for riding in the somewhat beat-up (an understatement) red 2010 Silverado that was Auggie's dad's most recent gift to him.

[TO LUKE: no skateboarding to school for u. at least today lol. I have a surprise. for u and maybe casper if he's actually around? can u text him and let him know wer coming to get him]

Setting his phone determinedly, Auggie stretched one more time before resuming his day preparations.

The drive over to Luke's was a quiet one, apart from the now typical squeaks and squeals of the truck. But Auggie didn't mind that bit of sound. Didn't even mind the horrified glances from the rich folk who populated Luke's area as soon as he turned into the older boy's entirely too nice neighborhood. He resisted the urge to glance around in the same awe-struck way he had the first time he'd set foot in Luke's drive. He had to focus on the road after all, on not rolling over the curb or into the next lane. He was still a new driver after all, and starting off the year with a dent in his truck didn't sound like the greatest experience.

Pulling up to Luke's driveway, Auggie fetched his phone again to send a quick text to let the boy know he was here.

[TO LUKE: come out before I make ur neighborhood association send another noise complaint to ur dad lool]

And that's when he saw Rosie's text, if a bit later then she'd likely intended.

[TO ROSIE: haven't heard from him yet. me and luke r going to try to pick him up today tho. I have a car now btw lool. wait for us n school parking lot if u can and u'll get to see him and new car]

the nice kid

auggie.

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

mood: high, stoked
mentions: auggie, casper
interactions: auggie tanto tanto , casper
luke
listening: kobe - chief keef

Luke's phone suddenly buzzes, interrupting his session. At this point he was already finishing up rolling a backwood for the skate to school. He checks his text and promptly lets out a "Woooo, thank fuck I was not trying to skate to school." After all, living in Loyal Heights meant that skate to school was going to be a long and rough ride. He got enough dirty looks blasting music in his car with the top down. His tattoos and style were off-putting enough walking his dog on the weekends. He finishes rolling up and packs everything up in his backpack, including the portable JBL speaker--already playing chief keef, an old favorite of the boys--and hops out his front door. He checks his phone--another text from Auggie pops up as a red truck pulls into view. Luke laughs hard for a second, "Goddamnnn, this ride sexy as hell." He throws his skateboard in the trunk, smacking the tail end--still laughing. "Good thing I brought my speaker--what's good bro." He says, dapping Auggie up with his usual handshake, "Shit, I forgot to text Casper hold on.."

[TO CASPER: yo I know ur dodging everyone but me and Auggie picking u up rn k?]

He turns to Auggie again. He'd met Auggie through Casper around middle school and ever since then they were pretty good friends. He was glad to have spent a lot of time with him over winter break, especially because he knew how much Casper meant to him--and seeing your best friend basically fucking dead in front of you had to have been traumatizing. Casper meant a lot to Luke too, but Luke knew he'd bounce back. Well, He didn't know, but he was glad he did anyway. He was alive so that's all that mattered. Casper's going to be thrilled. He thinks to himself as his right hand fidgets the two white xan bars he had found earlier that morning. Suddenly his phone buzzed,

[FROM CASPER: im at the skatepark, meet me there]

"He's at Woodland rn, he said to meet him there." Luke says, in reference to the nickname for Lower Woodland Park--a primary skate park the boys frequently skated at since they were kids. Luke wondered how Casper would be. The first time Casper ever went to rehab was freshman year, but that was petty shit. He was in there just for getting caught selling acid at their middle school and instead of sending him to Juvy they opted for rehab. Yeah, he was on xanax pretty heavy then and the summer experience at the Juniper Hill Juvenile Rehab Center did sober him up--but this time it was some really serious shit.

º º code by ditto º º

mood: anxious/way too sober for comfort/eager
outfit: black hoodie, baggy cargo jeans, studded belt, white air force 1's
mentions: auggie, rosie, luke
interactions: luke (text)
casper
listening: miss murder - afi

Skateboarding to school had always been what Auggie and Casper did together even since elementary school. When they were smaller, they would take turns going down the big hill by the apartment Casper used to live in and usually get carried away practicing frontside-180's and different shove-its resulting in them getting reprimanded for it when they finally made their way back to school. Not much changed since then, they were always getting high on weed before middle and high school and getting carried away at the skatepark or with other things. The only thing that did change was Luke or Rosie picking them up instead which was what usually happened since they both got their licenses last summer. Since him and his mom moved to this house last November, Casper didn't live by that hill and Auggie's house was a little farther away from him--skating together to school became less practical. Casper reminisced on the past and on how much he really missed Auggie. He should've called him. He really should have. He didn't really know what kept him from contacting any of his friends this time around, but in truth it was mostly the guilt from the overdose. He hard pushes on his board, seeing Lower Woodland Park in view, and turns up the already loud rock music he was listening to, to the loudest it possibly could be. If he was going to be as sober as he is at the moment he'd at least replace it by blasting his eardrums. Suddenly his phone buzzes in his hand and he looks up, skidding to a stop right before completely wiping out on a scooter jutting out on the sidewalk. What the hell..
He checks it, clearly annoyed.
Oh fuck. It was Luke.

[FROM LUKE: yo I know ur dodging everyone but me and Auggie picking u up rn k?]

He grabs his board and sits on the curb in front of the side entrance to the skatepark rails, looking at the text keenly. He looks up to see the same old guys who hang out the park like they had been since Casper could remember. Seemed like they were doing their usual AKA get drunk as fuck off cheap beer wrapped in brown paper bags and pester any younger kids with their "tips and tricks". He couldn't help, but scoff. I'd rather kill myself than be those dudes.
Casper looks back at the text and smile slowly forms on his face. There was no way Auggie and Luke were upset at him and besides, he just really wanted to see them.

[TO LUKE: im at the skate park. meet me there.]

He turns his phone off and lays back onto the grass with his backpack still on and looks at the sky. It was gloomy as always, but at least he didn't have to worry about getting drenched today. He closes his eyes, now just waiting for his friends to pull up. On the outside, he seemed nonchalant about it. However, inside he couldn't be more excited to finally see them.

º º code by ditto º º

mood: fidgety, cold
outfit: baggy red hoodie, black pleated mini skit, sheer black tights, black hightop converse
mentions: Rosie
interactions: Rosie LindsMagee LindsMagee
piper
listening: what's up - fanclubwallet

The cool morning air nipped at Pipers legs, the tights and skirt doing nothing to shield her from the cold Seattle air. Her eyes were locked on her feet as she walked, it was a fairly tame road so there were no sidewalks forcing her to walk in the street. She hand her hands in her pockets and her earbuds plugged into her ears listening to her playlist on shuffle.

Piper's phone buzzed and a special text tone that she set for Rosie played. She took her hands out her pocket and with them her phone. She glanced at the screen and stopped walking. She had been walking to the spot at the end of her street where Rosie usually picks her up from, sure it's in the other direction of the school, but it's become a routine for her to walk there, and wait for Rosie to pick her up.

It started when Piper was walking to school, and the girl she sat next to in class decided to give her a ride. Piper never really expected to make friends, She had always been kind of distant and reserved. And here was this girl, insisting on talking to Piper. It was rather annoying at first, but after a while, it felt sorta...nice to have someone to talk to and hang out with.

Piper stared at her phone for a bit, debating wether or not to respond, she bit the skin on the inside of her cheek before rummaging around in her sweater pocket, pulling out a carton of camels. Grabbing a cigarette and the lighter she keeps in the box, lighting it she taps her thumbs on the screen, typing a response.

[TO ROSIE: No worries

See you at school :>]

She shut her phone off and turned on her heels and began making her way to school.

º º code by ditto º º

Rosie

January 18th

The sound of her ringer dinging made Rosie jump and drop her phone onto the car floor. Leaving it on the floor, she leaned her head back again her seat and let her eyes lose focus, listening to the music and letting the world fade away for just a few more minutes. She was content to relax like this for as long as she could until she heard a few more dings of texts. Sighing, she picked the phone up to see messages from Luke, Livy, her ex boyfriend, Auggie, and Piper. Luke’s text was first, Rosie smiled and clicked the link to his song so she could listen to it before reading her other messages. She loved being able to hear the music he Auggie and Casper made. Rosie loved how talented her friends were, it gave her a warm feeling to think of the future concerts they could have and all the things they could achieve. It gave her hope that they could get out of Seattle and do something for themselves, especially Casper after winter break. She wished on every star, every 11:11, every birthday candle that her friends would lead fulfilling lives and do what they wanted to even if she didn’t think she would. The music blasted over her speakers as some of the lyrics made Rosie laugh, Luke had a way with words.

[To LUKEY POOKIE: killed it, as usual. I’ll give u more thoughts in person :)]

Next was the message from her ex, who’s contact happened to be “DO NOT REPLY”. It just said “Rose, can we please talk?”. Rosie rolled her eyes, first at him calling her Rose, she’d always hated when he did that, then at the text. Why would she want to talk after finding him shoving his tongue down another girl’s throat at a party. Deciding not to respond yet, she decided to check Livy’s text. Livy would also be disappointed in Rosie to find out she never officially ended it with Jack like she said she would, but instead told him she “needed time”. Glancing at the clock, she responded to Livy.

[To Livyyy<3: lol, yes. He sure has a way with words. Getting here soon?]

School was about 10 minutes from starting and she didn’t want to be late, she had stellar grades and a nearly perfect attendance and that wouldn’t change anytime soon. Even the thought of being late made her anxious.

[To Auggles: Not sure if he’ll want to see me but I’m excited to see ur new car. I’m parked in my usual spot btw]

[To Pipes:) : lmk when ur here, I’m in the usual spot]

Auggie’s contact in her phone always made her laugh, he used to hate when she called him that name in elementary school and the contact name hadn’t changed since. Seeing his message about Casper made her feel anxious all over again. Rosie’s fingers found a familiar object and began fidgeting with it due to her nerves. The flick of the blue lighter caused little sparks every time her finger rolled over it, yet never fully lit into a flame. She had picked up this lighter the night she and Auggie found Casper and she didn’t know why she took it, but at the time she wasn’t really thinking. Rosie and Auggie hadn’t discussed what happened that night and she didn’t know if they ever would, the topic hung unspoken in the air and felt like walking on eggshells. Hands still flicking the lighter, Rosie took another sip of her coffee and waited for her friends to arrive at school.

Mention tanto tanto doedeer doedeer BracedJupiter72 BracedJupiter72 TheVoidQueen TheVoidQueen

@kaninchen
coded by kaninchen

As the thudding of footsteps against pavement, and the boom of a particularly catchy chief keef song (one Luke had been blaring all week, really) infiltrated the thin walls of his car, Auggie looked up from his phone. He didn’t even try to suppress the grin that Luke’s usual high energy tempted, instead set his phone down to the side and went through the motions of their usual handshake. Bobbing his head a little beat in beat with the song, Auggie took a moment to reply to the other boy's words.

“Yea, she’s sweet right? My dad just gave me the keys to her last night. Also,” he paused to take hold of the speakers Luke had brought, setting them atop his dashboard. "really, really glad you brought that. All I have is this shit radio. It's like you read my mind sometimes, I swear, dude."

At the mention of Casper though, Auggie felt the faintest prickles of an emotion he hadn't expected to feel today -- anxiety. But what did he have to feel anxious about? This was his best friend, not some stranger he was being forced to meet.

His phone vibrated once more so Auggie tried to look occupied by that in order to compensate for the long silence. It was just Rosie, agreeing to meet up in her "usual spot". Though her text was light-hearted enough, worry was present in her statement too. But it was ridiculous, really, that Casper wouldn't want to see her. Casper definitely missed her, he missed him, he likely missed everyone and would love to see them.

That fact would become clear, Auggie was sure, the instant he just swung over to pick up Casper. It was going to be just like old times again. Nothing was going to change. Right? His fingers dangled uselessly over the iPhone keypad for a couple of seconds more as he debated on typing out just that, trying to convince her of the thing he could barely seem to convince himself. But he couldn't quite find the words for it.

"Woodland sounds fine, yea." he murmured instead. He tried to keep the same high energy in his voice, the same smile to his lips as he set his phone down, slid the car into reverse and begin to back out of the driveway. "going to be kinda surreal though to see him there after so long... Right?"

He trailed off as the car, per his careful steering, begin to inch its way in the general direction of the skate park he, Casper, and Luke had been frequenting since middle school. If Luke was speaking, Auggie didn't hear it. Instead of trying for conversation, Auggie focused on burying himself deeply into the music, trying to escape his thoughts. But as the car came to a stop before a stoplight just a couple of feet from Lower Woodland Park, the song correspondingly came to a stop. And with the silence, all that anxious energy, all the negative thoughts Auggie had been trying to suppress, reared its ugly head once more.

"Hey, Luke," he threw his voice in abruptly, hoping the panic wasn't making its way into his tone. "do you have anything... like strong-ish. Like anything really, before Casper gets here since he's not supposed to be doing or like seeing any shit for a bit, y'know."

He broke off as the traffic light overhead turned green, letting the car inch its way forward once more. And just there, close to the sidewalk, he saw Casper. Or really, a distant figure his mind told him was his best friend. Said boy was splayed out against the grass adjacent to the skate park. The familiarity the image bred quelled some of the nervous energy brewing inside Auggie, though it was also difficult to reconcile this perfectly normal image of him with the one in the background of his mind -- Casper laying unconscious on a bathroom floor.

He tore his eyes away, focused on pulling the car over to a temporary parking spot at the road's side.

"So," he continued, though now his voice was hushed, guilty. "it's cool if you don't have anything dude. I can ask around at school."

the nice kid

auggie.

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

mood: fidgety, cold
outfit: baggy red hoodie, black pleated mini skit, sheer black tights, black hightop converse
mentions: Rosie, Luke, Livy, Casper, Auggie
interactions: Rosie LindsMagee LindsMagee tanto tanto doedeer doedeer
piper
listening: colour me blue - alfie templeman

Finally approached the school entrance with about 10 minutes to spare. She observed to parking lot and saw students rushing to get into the school, students in groups laughing and fooling around, and some students riding skateboards around and grinding on the concrete benches that the school put out. She chews on the orange tip of the cigarette, thinking about how she never really had a group to call her friends. Well until now and even then she only really talks with Rosie. When they're in a group, Piper usually sticks beside Rosie, she keeps quiet, and stays back. It's kind of awkward, but she doesn't want to risk ruining something good by saying or doing something weird.

Piper's only ever met Rosies friends a handful of times. And she's gathered a lot from just sitting back and observing them. Olivia. She notices that she doesn't hold back, she does what she wants, when she wants, and she speaks what's on her mind. She loves her friends and family and Piper has always sort of been envious of the close relationships she has.

August or Auggie is nice. Just...nice. She has never had a proper conversation so that's all she can really say. She notices the small things he does for his friends. Gives them the last bites of his sandwich, take care of them when they're wasted, gives them advice. Things like that. Oh and sometimes he waves to her in the hall, Piper never returns it though.

Luke. Always high. Always having fun. Always the life of the party. Very...horny. He never really takes anything to heart, and he's very casual with things. Also very handsome.

Casper...Piper doesn't know much about him. The two have never really talked. They acknowledge each others presence, Piper feels like they could get along. Neither of them try to. And she's fine with that. She's fine with just being in each others presence.

Piper takes one last long drag of her cigarette before tossing it on the ground and stopping it out. She lifts her foot and stares the the glowing orange embers on the tarmac fade to black. She stands like that for a moment before a car behind her honks their horn for an unnecessarily long amount of time. Piper looks behind her and gives the students in the car the finger before continuing down the parking lot, looking for her friends car.

When she find sin she walks to the passenger side door, tapping on the glass to get Rosies attention. Of course it startles her a bit as she was on her phone, causing Piper to chuckle a bit. Piper pulls on the door handle but to her demise. It's locked

"Open the door." Piper mouths dramatically while pointing down to the lock.

º º code by ditto º º

mood: high, stoked, a little nervous
mentions: casper, auggie tanto tanto , rosie LindsMagee LindsMagee
luke
playing in the car: muddy sea - yung lean

Luke sat in the back of Auggie's truck, speaker in hand still playing music. He was feeling warm now from the alcohol he'd consumed just a little over thirty minutes ago. The one good thing about his alcohol problem--at least he was never cold even during the winter. And winters were pretty harsh in Seattle. He had to smile at that thought he always joked about. It wasn't funny--his drinking problem anyway. He took the little bottle of vodka out of his jansport backpack and took a swig. "So is Rosie still upset over, you know, what happened." he asks Auggie plainly. Luke had known Rosie since 8th grade and initially, of course, he'd hit on her, but over time they became pretty good friends. Rosie was really important to everyone who was friends with her. She'd spend majority of her and Luke's friendship giving him advice and reminding him to be nicer to girls. He would act like none of those talks really stuck with him, but they did. She was a good friend. "Last time I saw her--" His phone buzzes in his pocket and he checks it right away, "Speaking of her, actually."

[TO ROSIE: thx rosieeee < 3, see you in 2nd]

Distracted and prompted after Rosie's text he pulls up his Soundcloud to check on the new song Casper, Auggie and him dropped before Casper went to rehab.
"Yo actually our songs doing really well. We gotta make another bro." In general, Luke didn't really know where music was taking him and his friends right now. They were gaining a pretty cult-y fanbase online and they're follower counts on instagram and soundcloud were going up from people all over the United States--maybe even internationally as well. As far as he knew, their music was pretty unique and not that many people were making stuff like them so it was pretty cool to be in their own kind of lane.
Luke looks up from his phone, after a clearly silent bid from Auggie. It was pretty obvious by Auggie's intense stare into the street that he wasn't listening to anything he was saying, but nor was he even really paying that much attention to his drive. Something else was on his mind, for good reason perhaps.
He needs to chill, everything will be cool..Everyone needs to chill anyway. He flips his bleach blonde hair out of his eyes and leans against the window, looking outside at the passing houses turning from near million dollar estates to the townhomes and lush Seattle trees on the way to the skatepark. He didn't care that Auggie wasn't listening to him, but his nervous energy was starting to rub off on Luke. As the music changed on shuffle to a Yung Lean song from an album the boys overplayed a lot before Casper's overdose, Luke began to wonder if even giving Casper xanax on his first day back was a good idea. It's just a little xanax., he thought skeptically--annoyed that he was even thinking this hard about it.
Coincidentally, Auggie's abrupt break in the silence made him linger in his thoughts a little longer just in case there was a right or wrong answer.
"Um, I got two xanax bars in my pocket. Their whites. 2mgs." he starts off, "Well, 1 and 3/4ths now. I was going to give you half, Casper the other half and keep the rest."
He furrowed his eye brows questioningly, trailing off his words at his mention of Casper. "I mean that's cool right? it's only half a xanax. I figured we'd all need it for today."
"Party favor."
he adds that last part in, chuckling quietly. Luke was now looking outside, he lifted up a finger to point in Casper's direction. "Also pretty sure he's coming this way."

º º code by ditto º º

mood: optimistic, amused
mentions: Luke, rosie LindsMagee LindsMagee , piper BracedJupiter72 BracedJupiter72
interactions: rosie LindsMagee LindsMagee , luke
livy
listening: one - sky ferreira

Livy's face crinkled, waiting for her text back from Andy about picking her up. Maybe she was sleeping in on accident. Livy was notorious for that all of freshman year, but ever since she picked up some upperclassmen courses at school she had been trying to be a little more responsible. Coming a little late to 1st period chemistry on the first day back from winter break didn't really concern her though, plus their new graduate of a teacher was notorious for being late himself. Livy turned up the music playing her favorite hidden gem by Sky Ferreira and slowly put the Range Rover in reverse. She figured she'd drive over to Andy's anyways, her house was definitely one of the coolest ones in the city. All thanks to the collaboration of Andy's genius architect father and artistic mother. They were both responsible for some of the city's architectural landmark designs in the last few years since Andy and her family moved into Seattle.
[TO ANDYBABY: girl im coming to ur house anyway!!]
Livy smiles as she sends the text. Another one comes through immediately--this one from Rosie which she texts back instantly, putting the breaks on the car before her neighbors Bently can clip her. Oops.
[TO ROSIELOVE: he's crazy lol it's so good tho. & me and andy mayyy be a lil late ;/ but if we are ill sneak into your 1st to grab our drinks, mr. duboise loves me hehe ilyyy im srryyy :* ]
In reference to their cute U.S. history teacher--Livy had him 4th and Rosie had him 1st. Piper has him first period too, she thought.
After sending off that text to Rosie, Livy makes her way out of the driveway and down the road towards the more west side of Seattle--by the ocean. Andy's wasn't too far from her house, she was actually really close to Luke's house. Maybe she would pass by and see him too? She runs her fingers through her dirty blonde hair--her involuntary anxious tick. At a stop light, she did her usual aka putting on mascara and eye brow gel--the two make-up products she swore by and solely used unless Andy wanted to do her up of course. Looking at the morning ocean and the gloomy sky let her mind wander for a bit until a horn blared in the background. "God okay, okay! I'm going." she playfully yells out of the window.

º º code by ditto º º

mood: anxious/way too sober for comfort/eager
mentions: auggie tanto tanto , Luke, rosie, Jeremy LindsMagee LindsMagee
interactions: luke (text)
casper
listening: hunting my own skin - yung lean

Casper spent these minutes on the ground of the skate park initially very sleepy, but slightly optimistic at the thought of seeing Auggie and Luke again. He wondered if Luke was picking them up in his Tesla. Not much ran through Casper's head, but as soon as something did the music started to blur out and the fleeting elation transformed into a sense of unease. He fidgets with the wheel on his skateboard, now only thoughts of dread filled his head. He hated how much he fixated on school as torturous. And besides that, the only thing that made it tolerable was his friends. Friends who, at least in the midst of his anxious fret, he didn't know were still upset or not. He dreaded the thought of some sort of after-rehab intervention. He knew there may be some initial apprehension from everyone around him concerning his mental health and drugs or whatever. Hopefully not from his brothers though. Amongst these thoughts, he couldn't help but circle back to his nagging sobriety. When he basically died in his bathroom, he didn't have anything at the house except for his drugs and a bottle of adderall scripts. Oh shit. He zips open his backpack looking for the bottle of scripts and after closing them around the palm of his hand, he lets them go--the rattle of the capsuled pills softly hitting the plastic. Jeremy probably wants these. Maybe he would text him later. It would be a little more money in his pocket anyway and at the moment he literally only had enough to pick up drugs to resell from his plug. He didn't have any classes with Rosie's older brother, but they'd usually meet in the bathroom by the field. Or maybe he wouldn't even bother, maybe Rosie told him about what happened and he didn't even fuck with him anymore. I don't fucking know anymore.
He changes the song blaring in his headphones, letting out a sigh. The titled track: Hunting My Own Skin. Fitting for him anyway, he didn't want to feel like he was itching on the inside at all of the commotion in his head. Why is being sober so hard? He hoped maybe Luke at least brought a blunt to smoke.
As he lay there, he hears a familiar buzz of sound coming up the road. It was a song from the same album he was listening to. It had to be them. As he looks up, the car turns into a parked spot.
Maybe they didn't see me, he thinks to himself as he gathers up his things. He starts to walk over to the unfamiliar red truck. Was that Auggie in the driver's seat? A small grin appears on his face that of which he tried to stifle, the excitement was bubbling up anyway.

º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:

Equal parts relief and guilt warred within Auggie at hearing Luke's response.

"A xany would be great about now," Auggie admitted, eyes briefly flickering in the direction of Casper who, as Luke had said, was indeed approaching. "but no dude, not for Casper. He's like, fresh out rehab. We can't... Or more like we shouldn't get him into something he might not be ready for. What if he..."

Auggie couldn't even bring himself to finish that last sentence, part because his mind was turning to the worst and also because Casper was nearly close enough to be within hearing radius. And seeing his best friend almost face-to-face all of that earlier nervousness fled Auggie at once. It was replaced by the same excitement of the morning, an exuberance that led to the brunette hurriedly unbuckling his seatbelt and clamoring out his car--

--Auggie only got one leg out before the car was lurching forward a couple of feet, and chuckling nervously he hurriedly slid it from an accidental neutral into park.

"Cassie!" Auggie hollered, stepping to edge of the truck mat and standing fully in order be seen over it. He waved both hands in the air excitedly, looking utterly unashamed at the glances his display was attracting. "get the fuck over here! Did you get taller or is that new hoodie just adding height?"

the nice kid

auggie.

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

mood: stoked
mentions: auggie tanto tanto , Luke,
interactions: auggie, luke
casper
listening: hotel breakfast - bladee

At the sight of Auggie popping out of the red truck, Casper was already jogging over, tearing the earbuds out of his ears to embrace him. "Bro." he says as his voice is instantly muffled by the big hug he gives his best friend, "I fucking missed you dude, holy shit!" It really had been too long. The two boys had met in kindergarten and had been inseparable ever since. This reconciliation reminded him exactly why he was so close with Auggie. The wavy, brown haired boy had been through it all with him. From tee-ball lessons with the city league to their first time smoking weed, he was with him through and through. Nothing made him happier than linking back up with someone who knew him so well. He takes his hood off, reaching his arm over to dap Luke up, "What's up bro."
There was now a big grin on his face and relief washed over him immediately. "This shit's crazyyy, dad bought you this?" He says, in reference to Auggie's dad and the red truck. He'd been calling Auggie's dad 'Dad' as a joke, but I mean technically his dad's absence made Auggie's father probably the only male figure in his life.He tosses his skateboard in the trunk, momentarily careful not to hit Auggie's or Luke's and makes his way to the other side of the truck to hop in, "Okay before we leave though, guys, tell me you have a blunt." and with this, Luke gives him a smirk as he holds up the backwood he rolled for the three's trip to school. "Fucking yes." Casper replied, the tone in his voice was entirely stoked. Though, the grin suddenly leaving his face as he looked at the clock which was now ticking away 10 minutes til school which they were obviously going to be a little late to at this point. After smoking on the way to school, Casper was obviously going to be higher than usual due to his tolerance break. However, the vision of him walking into school and having to do a whole eight hours basically sober made him want to die. As Luke started to light up, he acutely asks a question--not even really thinking about how anyone would react. Completely unaware that his friends were actually just talking about this very topic, minutes before. "Do any of you guys have anything? I'm talking like.. xanax..?" His voice trailing off for a sec, but regaining it's volume at the mention of the anti-anxiety medication.

º º code by ditto º º

mood: a little drunk, stoked, nonchalant
mentions: casper, auggie tanto tanto ,
luke
playing in the car: dg jeans - bladee

It was bracing to hear Casper's voice again after so long and after seeing Auggie's eyes light up like they did, the overall mood changed completely. Looking side to side, these two really were like his brothers. As the flame from his lighter was now whipping the end of the backwood, he thought about what Auggie had said right before Casper was in their vicinity. I mean, look, he had a point. Casper clearly never had much self-control when it came to drugs. They'd seen it, everyone had. Auggie and Luke saw the worst of it. The reason why no one ever checked him was because he was so adamant about being fine and with the amount of drugs Luke and Auggie had seen him do on a daily basis--it was, for lack of a better word, a miracle the dude was still standing. Anyway, Casper would be happy now, but an hour into school? Probably miserable.
He smoked on the blunt for a little just to make sure it would hit, before passing it to Auggie. He looked over at Auggie, his head bobbed to the side and his eyes furrowed questioningly. As if to motion him back to whether they would tell Casper about the Xanax. He flips the blonde hair out of his eyes again and looking down into his pocket, figured if Auggie wasn't going to bring it up now maybe he himself would when they got to the school parking lot. Before even finishing that thought, Casper would be right on time with a question. With that brought a skip of silence. He couldn't blame him though, not at all. He chuckled softly,
"Um, I brought one for you and Auggie to split. I already had a quarter of one, but I'm saving the rest." He reaches into his pocket, fumbling around to find the two he'd stashed away. As Casper looked away at the window for a second, Luke meets Auggie's eyes and shrugs nonchalantly. Auggie knew Casper as well as Luke did, even more so. He knew Casper would get them somehow, at least this way it was just a small dose of something real. He puts his hand out towards Auggie, with the xan in it. "All I have is vodka to wash it down with though, unless you guys have something better."

º º code by ditto º º

Shuni Milaki
Mood: Tired
Outfit: Yellow t-shirt, cargo shorts, and combat boots.
Interactions: Messaged Luke
Listening to: Cigarettes Out The WIndow - Tv girl
"People are like flowers, slowly dying without something"
It was that morning of January 18th when Shuni had finally woken up to acknowledge his roof had been leaking. He got up and groaned as he tiredly grabbed his phone off his dresser. Once he checked his phone he put it in his pocket and grabbed a joint out of his bag along with a lighter and lit it. He inhaled the smoke and exhaled it. He walked out of his room and stepped out onto his apartment balcony. "Wow, this town looks like shit to me." he groaned as he took another hit from it. Most of his friends would be busy right now, at least he'd think they are. He hasn't talked to any of them in days besides maybe Livy. He rubbed his eye and set the joint down to pull out his phone to message Luke

[TO LUKE: Heyyyy, How's life treating ya?]

Why would he message Luke out of nowhere? Now he just felt stupid. He grabbed his joint and took a hit from it before tossing it off the balcony. He went back inside his apartment and put a bucket under the water that was leaking from above. He sat down on a semi-broken chair and closed his eyes as he ran his fingers through his hair. Once he checked the time and quickly stood up. He quickly went to his room and put on random clothes from his closet, Once he was ready he darted out of the apartment and down the sidewalk.

After 20 minutes of running, he made it to the entrance and pushed up his glasses as he walked inside. He made his way down the hall and went into his English class. He sat down at his spot and propped up his head as he yawned "Damn this is going to be boring." he muttered. He grabbed his notebook and started sketching on an empty page in the book. He sat there sketching until it was almost time for the bell to ring. He continuously checked his phone every time he paused from sketching to see if anything was sent to him.

(note: I haven't written in a bit so its rusty)
[/border]

code by dirt​

Last edited:
Rosie

January 18th

[TO Livyyy<3: Ok, see you in first :)]

Rosie lightly laughed at Livy's text before sending a response and putting her phone down again. Auggie hadn't responded yet so Rosie assumed he had already picked Casper up, hadn't seen her message, or had worries about seeing him again as well. Startled at the sound of someone trying to open her passenger door, Rosie jumped before turning to look at who it was. When she found it to be Piper dramatically mouthing at her to open her door, she laughed and unlocked the car. Rosie put the blue lighter she was fiddling with on her car's dashboard, probably not the best thing to display in the windshield of her car in her school's parking lot, but oh well. As she handed Piper her drink she said "Here's your usual, but we should probably head in considering we have..." she paused to look at the clock "two minutes to get to first period". With that, she shut off her car and grabbed the tray with her, Livy's, and Andy's coffees and hopped out of her car. Rosie could not be late the first day of school, her parents made that exceedingly clear. As she and Piper walked towards the school and their classes, Rosie couldn't help but scan the parking lot for any sign of Luke, Auggie, and Casper. When she didn't see them, her stomach did a flip of anxiety. Telling herself everything would be fine, she turned to continue talking to Piper saying "Guess who texted me this morning", as they disappeared into the school.

Mention tanto tanto doedeer doedeer BracedJupiter72 BracedJupiter72

@kaninchen
coded by kaninchen

mood: Tired, amused
mentions: Rosie, Casper
interactions: Rosie LindsMagee LindsMagee doedeer doedeer
piper
listening: tea-soaked letter - anna burch

Piper gratefully took her coffee. Checking the label to see if she really did remember. Two cream, two sugar. She smiled and took a sip, walking past the hood of the car to join Rosie in a walk to the school.

She pulled out her phone and instinct led her to Instagram. She began scrolling through the app. Looking at her feed from the accounts of people she follows, occasionally scrolling past a person from her school. After about a minute of mindlessly scrolling she sighs and puts her phone back in her pocket, not finding anything interesting enough to keep her.

She walked silently beside Rosie until they walked into the school. "Ou who? Was it Jack?" She asked, knowing that they had just broken up. Piper had never had a friend who got broken up with, so she didn't really know what to say to Rosie. She never was the 'My best friend found out he was cheating on her and noe I need to console her' person, so it was a surprise to her when she wasn't that bad at it.

"Oh, or was it Casper?" I mean it's no doubt piper knows about Casper going to rehab. If she didn't hear it from her friends, she probably would've heard about it on social media. She also never was the 'My best friend had to see her friend OD and now I have to console her' person either. Piper tried to be there for Rosie, she wasn't that great at it, and she thinks Rosie knows that, and that's why they work.

º º code by ditto º º

scroll !
mood
nervous

outfit
here

tags
here
ARTEM DUVALL ❆

The cloudy and cold morning in Seattle found Artem Duvall awake for nearly a full twenty-four hours. She hadn’t been able to sleep the night before, not with the dreary thought of being the ‘new girl’ hanging over her head. According to her mother the rest of the students would just be returning from break, so they wouldn’t even notice a new student, but that didn’t make her feel any better. She knew that teachers would still require her to introduce herself, which is why she had to make sure she at least looked put together even if she still felt shattered.

Usually first day of school looks were what Avery helped her with, she was much more in tune with style and flair than Artem was and had always been the one to pick out their outfits. Not that the two matched like those weird sets of twins, just that Avery would put together two different ensembles for the both of them. Now though, Artem was left alone to decide what to wear to make a first impression on her new high school.

With curled hair and minimal makeup, another usual Avery task, the blonde had put together an outfit that was simple enough. “It’ll have to do.” She mumbled to herself as she looked in the mirror. With a quick nod to herself, she grabbed a rain jacket just in case and went out to her car to head to the new school. When she arrived she had to meet with the principal and he would escort her to her first class of the day, something that couldn’t be argued…. She tried.

After parking, Artem locked her car and headed inside, texting her parents that she had gotten there safe and sound. The school was nice enough, but the whole atmosphere was just dreary, it was like the entire state was like that. Walking inside, she passed by a few athletes with soccer balls in their hands and sighed deeply, shaking her head as she made her way to the principal’s office.
coded by reveriee

6:49

• Uxiegram

andys.galaxy

173 likes

andys.galaxy
    (cont. in comments) anything is possible with a little sunshine and a little pink

View all 24 comments

6:46pm

loveyyyyy

yo wanna carpool? my mom said I could drive the Range Rover todayyyy lmk ill pick u up :p

♡requested by dreamglow, coded by uxie♡

mood: optimistic, totally excited
mentions: andy, leon, rosie LindsMagee LindsMagee , Jeremy, ember Gravelocket Gravelocket ,
interactions: andy TheVoidQueen TheVoidQueen (text)
livy
blasting in her car: hysterical glamour by belis

[TO ANDYBABY: outside bbgirl x]

Livy finally pulls the shiny white Range Rover SUV into the huge driveway of her beloved friend's house. By the blasting of her music with the windows down--coupled with a quick text, Livy was too thrilled to see Andy again. To Livy, Andy was basically her closest friend besides Rosie. They had met at school, of course, but clicked almost instantaneously. In fact, they had sort of knew about each other through instagram prior to Andy's move to Seattle. Both of them had quite a bit of a following on the social media platform--Andy of course with about ten thousand more followers than her though. After finally meeting each other though, it was pretty clear they'd be in each other's lives often. They had spent the fall semester & winter break showing up to parties together, having sleepovers, taking each other's social media photos and making many, MANY Starbucks runs. However when Livy went to Canada with her family over break, she noticed something was off with her friend. It was always hard to tell through text, but at least Livy had a bit of a hunch. Livy knew a little of Andy's home life, but not entirely much. What she could concur though was that her friend felt deeply about a lot of things concerning her life--she just didn't show it often. Especially not around other people. She pursed her lips thinking about her now. She couldn't wait to see the bright pink hair Livy often would touch-up--and even more so...her outfit. Andy's outfits were always toooo good. Hopefully if something was off, a car ride with the windows down and the music blasting plus a quick sneak into Rosie's 1st period for their drinks would cheer her up.
It was great too that Andy and Livy had 1st period chemistry together. The teacher was super chill and it was hard to be upset with the two friends walking into class.

Livy twirled a bit of hair around with her finger, looking around at the pretty neighborhood and glancing down the hill it was perched up on. The mornings were usually bleak 6 out of 7 days of the week this time of year, but the view from here was unmatched. Her thoughts trailed off... who was she seeing in first period today? Andy obviously. Oh, Jeremy too. Rosie's older brother AKA her favorite cheat sheet. She smiles at that thought. I mean most of the time he never knew. Livy was pretty sneaky, but it couldn't be helped. He was one of the smartest guys in school--if not THE smartest. How could you not cheat off him? Oh yeah, and Ember too. She hadn't seen her since before break. There was one more person.... Leon. She didn't know anything about him really, other than seeing him at a couple parties over break. They hadn't really talked much, but to be fair Livy was probably too fucked up to remember an actual conversation. They probably both were. Out of everyone she knew personally, the only guy she'd ever seen him with was Luke.

º º code by ditto º º

As his best friend threw his arms around him, Auggie felt the prickle of tears -- embarrassingly enough -- start in his eyes. It was kind of weird that he was realizing only now just how much he'd missed the boy who had been by his side for 10+ years. Throwing out a laugh and tilting his head to hopefully hide these strong emotions from the view of the other boys, Auggie hastily wiped his eyes with the back of his hand as he sat back down.

Fixating on Casper's voice rather than his emotions, Auggie grinned at the compliment the boy uttered.

"Yea, finally! I just got her yesterday, all thanks to me getting through that fucking snooze fest that was driver's-"

Auggie broke off, recalling that the months he'd attended that annoying driver's ed class, Casper had been in rehab.
"- but, yea," he awkwardly continued, "he got me a car. "

At the mention of a blunt, then a Xanax, Auggie felt a cold settle over him. He glanced away, letting his hands tightening over the wheel before him be the only sign of his stress at the question. Should Casper really be doing anything, after so long weaning off of all the stuff? Glancing at Luke to see whether any of his misgivings were reflected in the blonde's gaze, Auggie found nothing of his worries in the other boy's eyes.

But, said boy did have a couple of blunts to show for Casper's question. As Casper's excited voice piped in again, Casper tried to push away his misgivings. It was just a bit of weed after all, that was nothing really beside the other shit they could be doing. Right?

Letting those reassuring thoughts cloud his mind, Auggie greedily took hold of the blunt Luke offered. He didn't waste much time nodding his thanks to the blonde, instead hurriedly placed it to his lips and inhaling the longest hit he dared. The faster he got to a high, his rationale was, the faster he'd be spared these negative thoughts. Passing it off to Casper as he relaxed back into his seat, Auggie suddenly realized the meaning behind Luke's widened eyes. He was asking him if they should tell him about the xanax.

Tilting his head from side-to-side into a hopefully subtle gesture Luke would likely interpret as "no" from him, Auggie pushed back the sigh of annoyance that rose to his lips as Luke's eyes fled from his, and he extracted it from his pocket. At the words that followed the blonde's and the helpless shrug of his shoulders, Auggie threw his voice in. He'd rather say something now rather than regret later, right?

"Cas," he begin awkwardly. He felt like a downer, but this was necessary, wasn't it? This was for his friend. "are you sure you're down for this.. shit, man? This early?"

the nice kid

auggie.

♡coded by uxie♡

mood: slightly guilty, trying to stay stoked
mentions: auggie tanto tanto , luke,
casper
listening: silicon wings - yung lean

Casper looks up at the sound of Auggie's words with an initially blank expression. It was both unexpected and expected to hear his friend's voice filled with concern over him. Unexpected since Auggie and him were always getting high together, it was never really a huge issue. That is...until about a month and a half ago. Casper would be lying if he denied not expecting some sort of apprehension from the boy. Up until Luke's gesture, Casper was dreading the thought of being around everyone at school without anything relieving his anxious self.

He knew Auggie understood him as all close friends did, but there were just some things that were tough about understanding Casper--at least from Casper's perception of Auggie's life.

Yes, while they were best friends...they were still different. Casper felt Auggie was just naturally amiable. You could talk to Auggie. Casper, on the other had, was difficult to get to know and as he felt, difficult to get to LIKE. He's a lot more standoffish and prone to be interpreted as off-putting especially in a normal school setting. Everyone loved Auggie so easily. Sure adults or teachers grouped the two boys as delinquents every now and then, but Auggie just had this air to him that made him so pleasant to talk with or be around. Casper just couldn't deal with school the same way his friend did. Now, though, he saw the seriousness in Auggie's eyes and his guilt crept in once more. He felt a bit torn.

"Uhh.. I mean.." He starts as his eyes dart to the side away from the amber eyes in front of him. However, this was interrupted by a clearly intoxicated Luke. Seems like the xanax/alcohol combo was doing it's job well..

"Augs, you're soundin' like Rosie right now." The blonde boy butts in with a short laugh. "Casp," He puts his hand on Casper's left shoulder, "You want it? You can have it, take it whenever." He tosses it over at Casper, the half-cracked white bar falling onto his lap.

Casper looks up at Auggie for a sec, his fingers pinching the little pill carefully, then looks forward at the trucks' windshield. He lets out a sigh, "I'll be fine, I swear. I'll take a quarter of it half-way through first period and save the other quarter for...uhh..after school. I'll barely feel it." He offers a small, hopefully reassuring smile to his best friend. Nodding at Luke as a non-verbal thank you, he puffs on the blunt after Auggie for a bit. With his exhale, he coughs and the smile on his face only gets bigger. "I love you guys, seriously."

º º code by ditto º º

mood: a little drunk, stoked, nonchalant
mentions: casper, auggie tanto tanto , rosie LindsMagee LindsMagee shuni
interactions: auggie tanto tanto , casper, shuni olibro olibro
luke
playing in the car: in too deep - sum41

At the mention of Rosie, Luke honestly felt a little bad. She was one of the most fucked up over the overdose fiasco and it probably wasn't right to poke fun at that in defense of giving Casper drugs, but anyways it was too late and Luke was drunk. His average, already-nonexistent filter was wearing thin. "That's more like it." Luke sits back comfortably after tossing the xan at Casper and removing the bit of tension in the air--well, at least his involvement in it. Whatever, maybe it was insensitive to the situation. Who cares? He thought to himself. Auggie will forget about it, everything will be cool. Luke was normally not the most cognizant when it came to reading the room, but under the influence it was hard for him to be as empathetic. Personally in his mind, he felt everyone was probably going to be too hard on Casper.
Auggie was not going to be anywhere near the worst of it because above ALL circumstances, it was probably unanimously understood by the boys there would be no telling Rosie about this. Or any of her friends for that matter. No need to start anything this early in the morning at least.

He quickly changes the music on the speaker to a pop rock favorite by sum41--a band the boys had loved since childhood. Actually, one of the first times Luke had gotten Casper and Auggie drunk was at an under ground rock show they had snuck into in 6th grade. This was the song that a band played while Luke was forcing them to crush 2 full tall cans of four-loko. Before he could finish that memory, he looked over at the clock,
"Mannn we're going to be late as fuck." He opens his phone, seeing a message from one of their friends--Shuni. He must have overlooked it amidst the reunion.
Shuni was probably at school already since he lived closer to Roosevelt then the other boys.
[TO SHUNI: yooo bro what's good, are u in English yet? we just picked up casper 1st period abt 2 be live]

º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:

Before Casper could really respond, maybe try to dispel some of awkward tension that had arisen with his (possibly) poorly worded concerns, Luke's voice came in. And though the blonde's words were kind of harsh, especially considering how it was Auggie and Rosie both who had dealt with... Well the more traumatizing events of Casper's overdose, they were still easy enough to shrug off.

Maybe it was that he was used to Luke's crass nature when under the influence. Or maybe it was the weed finally hitting?

It's harder to keep his composure though when Luke hands off the xanax to Casper. Auggie bites his lip, hard, to keep the protests from flying out. Casper makes brief eye contact with him then. And Auggie sees in his friend's dark gaze that he's going to do it no matter what he thinks. So he tries to be okay with that.

He turns in his seat briefly to take hold of the half-pill Luke has left for him, swallows it down without a need for liquid.

Is it the best example for Casper, especially after he'd half-heartedly tried at lecturing the other boy? No. But right now, Auggie tries not to care about that.

He puts a smile to his lips in order to return the one Casper sends. And with that, the calm begins to come back finally, but with it is none of the ease Auggie normally finds in himself to navigate awkard-ish situations such as this one. Luckily though, Luke seems to have that part covered. He switches the speaker, music previously ignored, to something old, nostalgic.

"Shit," Auggie breathes, negative feelings forgotten momentarily as he leans back into his seat. Certain songs always came with a particular memory-- a smell, a feeling --in this case a strong taste. A taste bordering on too sweet, yet also chemical. Auggie's face crinkles in remembrance of it as he makes an exaggeratedly disgusted face like he's bitten into a lemon at Casper.

He's laughing when Luke's words quickly pull him from that walk down memory lane. He leans forward to take in the time, and lets out a disbelieving (though not entirely disbelieving, considering their track record) chortle.

"Late might be an understatement," he finds himself joking as he pushes the keys into the ignition. As the truck roars to life, he pulls it from its space and into traffic with far from practiced ease (a chorus of honks sound from behind them)...

And proceeds to speed his way Roosevelt High.

the nice kid

auggie.

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

Andrew Campbell:

The day was January 18th. 17 almost 18 year old Andrew Campbell was set to start his first day of school in Seattle- his new city. He had moved from the hot and always sunny Sunrise in Southern Florida to the cold and often rainy city of Seattle in Washington. By leaving Sunrise, Florida, Andrew was leaving behind his whole way of life. He was leaving behind his home that he had grew up in for about 17 years, he was leaving behind his friends, his baseball team, his town, his school. No longer could the boy go out to see a Miami Marlins game. He was stuck in Seattle, the opposite side of the country. All of the things he used to do for fun would not be able to happen here, he felt. He finally thought things were looking up for him- the shy boy had finally made a solid friend group and had join his school's very prestigious high school baseball team. But now, that all was thrown out the window.... ever since his father found his stupid new job in Seattle. It was supposedly a huge raise in pay if Andrew's father brought the whole family and moved closer to his job in Seattle, but of course, Andrew wasn't too thrilled with the whole idea of the move. But ultimately the family decided to move, crushing Andrew's life. As a shy, quiet, and reserved boy, Andrew feared that first off, he won't be able to make friends easily and secondly, he might even get made fun of by these kids who have been going to the school for presumably years.

Of course, Andrew would be joining the high school late in the year, in January. As Andrew drove to school he sighed, dreading stepping into the building and feeling a nervous sinking feeling at the bottom of his stomach. Another thing that certainly disappointed him was the fact that to him, he believed he would now no longer be able to pursue and play his favorite sport in the whole world- baseball. At his old school of course, he was on the team and had joined freshman year and played all of the years in high school he was down in South Florida. But now, it was time for him to start a new life. Andrew pulled into the parking lot of his new high school in Seattle for the first time. His eyes widened as he couldn't help but gulp nervously catching a glimpse of the high school. Sure. it was nice, but it certainly wasn't as nice, or fancy, or large as his high school back in Sunrise. He parked is car in an empty space in the lot and got out, locking his doors and slinging his backpack on his shoulders. He sighed once more as he approached the school building, about to enter it for the first time. He pulled up his schedule for the day on his phone that had been sent to him by the school and that he had taken a screenshot of. First period was chemistry, according to the schedule. He looked down at the room number listed on the schedule and looked around at the numbers on the doors or outside of the classrooms in the hallways. He felt like a lost puppy in those hallways, looking around and walking aimlessly, but he eventually came across it- his chemistry room and first class of the day. Closing his eyes briefly and taking a deep breath, Andrew entered his first classroom of the day to begin chemistry class. Hopefully it wouldn't go too bad, he thought.

Jeremy

outfit: LINK

mood: Restless, Curious

January 18th

Jeremy’s mornings typically consisted of the same routine: wake up before the sun rises, cook a hearty breakfast, slip out of the house, and arrive at the school while it’s still practically empty. From there, Jeremy would run a few miles around the track, weather permitting, and finish up his workout with some weights in the school gym. From there it was shower, change, and go about his day at school until the inevitable sports practice afterwards. He was grateful for the routine and grateful for the time he could spend away from home and collect his thoughts to himself. After changing out of his workout clothes, Jeremy looked in the mirror and put a baseball cap on, ensuring that it mostly blocked the view of his bruising eye—a lovely present after an argument with his father last night.

This morning was no different than most, except for a short meeting with his baseball coach before 1st period. The season was about to kickoff and the coach wanted the captains input on certain teammates as well as what drills they should run after school today. Apparently they were expecting a new player from another state so Jeremy was interested in seeing what he’d bring to the table. The school’s baseball team had won the state championship last year and were slated to have a winning season again, so he wondered if the new kid would get any playing time at all.

On his way to first period, Jeremy ran into Rosie and one of her friends. Typically, the siblings walked right past one another, but this time Rosie stopped Jeremy and handed him two drinks, instructing him to deliver them to her friends Livy and Andy who happened to be in his first period class. Though he didn’t know either of the two very well, Jeremy had seen Livy with Rosie a multitude of times and had run into her at parties. He’d also occasionally catch Livy cheating off of him during chemistry and didn’t mind it.

When he walked into the chemistry classroom, Jeremy didn’t see Livy or Andy yet—probably late as usual—and went to sit in his assigned seat. Jeremy set the two drinks his sister gave to him on the table next to him where Livy sat assigned next to him and looked around the room. Spotting an unfamiliar face with a lost look, Jeremy stood up again and walked up to who he assumed was a new kid. Jeremy smiled and held out his hand to the guy as he said “Hey I’m Jeremy, first day here?”.

Mentions: @kittens @TheVoidQueen @BracedJupiter72 @Edric Blight
coded by kaninchen

Rosie

January 18th

As Rosie walked on with Piper to first period, she couldn’t help but scan the halls and passing students in search of the familiar faces of Luke, Casper, and Auggie who were undoubtedly together. She knew the search would be fruitless because they had English first period and English was on the other end of the school, not to mention the fact that they would probably be late anyways, but she couldn’t help herself. Especially after Piper asked if the text had been from Casper. Before she could answer, Rosie spotted her brother Jeremey and quickly handed off Andy and Livy’s drinks to him, asking him if he could give them to her friends he shared first period with. Jeremy of course obliged, took the drinks, and kept walking. Neither sibling acknowledged Jeremy’s black eye or the fighting that ensued with their parents the night before and they never did. Most things went unspoken between the siblings and they mostly kept to themselves other than running into each other at school, home, and parties without anything more than a simple greeting at most.

Turning back to Piper after Jeremy left and choosing to gloss over the fact that Casper hadn’t contacted her at all, Rosie laughed lightly and said “It was Jack, he asked if we could talk.” She paused for a second as they took their seats in US History and scrunched her face in a cringe as she quickly added “So I didn’t actually end things with him, I just asked if we could go on a break because I didn’t want to hurt his feelings”. She avoided Piper’s eyes, which inevitably held disappointment with Rosie’s handling of the situation. But as with all romances in Rosie’s life, this probably wasn’t a shocker to her friends. She always got into relationships with guys who treated her like shit and didn’t have the heart to “hurt” them by fully ending things. It was like an addiction even though she grew to stop believing in love. At this point, Rosie’s relationships in the past and present didn’t hurt her anymore, she was numb to the pain no matter how shitty she was treated.

Mention tanto tanto doedeer doedeer BracedJupiter72 BracedJupiter72
@tanto TheVoidQueen TheVoidQueen
coded by kaninchen

mood: a bit high, anxious for school, but feeling better
mentions: auggie tanto tanto , Luke, Rosie LindsMagee LindsMagee
casper
playing in the car: 1:1 - drain gang

Casper looks out the window, watching idly at the street disappearing in the right mirror. There were puddles all over the ground reflecting the dim clouds above until cars drove through them. It might sprinkle a little like usual, but luckily there wasn't going to be another rainy day til Sunday. He thought back to the former conversation before they had embarked on the drive to Roosevelt High. Luke had saved him from saying something half-assed--not like what he did end up saying to Auggie WASN'T just as passing--but it did give him time to hopefully dispel his friend's concern for him. He knew in his heart that he didn't want to let anything get that far ever again. For his friends, but also for his own health and safety. There was no way he was touching opiates again, but the thought of it brought the pain of mixed emotions. His body and heart was adverse to it almost entirely at this point, but his brain still had that ache for it--the way drugs always affected a newly former addict. Either way he was glad that after the overdose his friends didn't pursue their drug habit further. He was especially surprised Luke didn't and in turn, tempted Auggie to keep it up as well. I guess I really freaked them out. He thought to himself. It was a good thing in a way. If his friends were still on the same drug that almost killed him, he didn't really know if he could be around them. He sighs.
Luke was in the back talking about his new tattoo of 'Cheese' from 'Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends' and how the boys needed to find a new plug for tats since the girl he was hooking up with on and off caught him in some sort of lie and refused to hook him up with anymore free ink. AKA just the average Luke banter him and Auggie were used to when he was intoxicated. Casper gives these words small chuckles and a 'bruh' every so often, but it was hard for him to focus. Instead his mind wanders off to think of Rosie and how it was inevitable to see her in second period algebra. Maybe it wouldn't be that bad. He didn't want to ask about her just yet. Instead, he tries to shake off his thoughts by bringing up music.
"We should have a studio sesh this weekend or something, our last song's kinda doing numbers." he declares, "My place is cool, my mom's out of town still." That was one thing he was looking forward to while being locked up in rehab. Music got them all excited. This was the year Auggie and him had talked about being 'big'. Or some sort of exciting. One of the last conversations he had with his best friend was all about how they both felt this attachment to music and could see them making a name for themselves. Casper starts to feel better just thinking about it. Undoubtedly, Casper was also relieved that school was starting on a Thursday and that soon the week would be over. Now that he was back the boys could participate in their usual antics. Skating after school, staying up making music, get-togethers with their small friend group and more. It was relieving to get back in the swing of things. He watches as they approach the turn-in to the school parking lot, seeing as barely anyone was around and already in the halls or seated in their classrooms. "Fuck." he says quietly under his breath.

º º code by ditto º º

mood: a little drunk, nonchalant, in thought
mentions: casper, auggie tanto tanto ,
interactions: auggie tanto tanto , casper,
luke
playing in the car: chutes & ladders - evanora unlmtd.

As they approach the school, Luke remembers that his own parents were out of the house until Sunday night. He clumsily reaches Auggie's seat to hoist himself up closer to the boys, his arm dangling off the edge of the seat--practically in between them. "Yo, actually I was thinking. My parents not coming back from California until Sunday night, let's throw a rager to celebrate Casper's return to the real world." He slurs minimally with a grin on his face. He seemed pretty drunk, but Luke was only letting himself loose since he was around his friends. At school, he was pretty good at hiding it and he specifically scheduled his classes around female teachers he could easily charm his way out of any trouble. "Ya knooow, get some party favors going, blast the speakers, invite some girls--the usual." It was no secret the boy was always trying to find an excuse to party and he hadn't used his house for anything since his parents had left. What better of an excuse than to welcome one of his closest friends back home? "Augs, what'dya think?"
Luke reaches for the vodka bottle once more, but his hand freezes. No more alcohol until at LEAST after school, he thought to himself amusingly. Lately, he'd been trying to cut back. After Casper went to rehab, he had started drinking a lot more. It had some positives though--at least he was forcing himself off opiates. He hadn't done them since Casper had od'd and he assumed it was the same for Auggie, although the two opted not to speak about opiates even throughout the duration of Casper's absence. Nothing scared Luke much but in truth, his friend's ordeal actually did scare him. It wasn't so much that he would never try them again, but there just wasn't any point anyway. He had his alcohol. That was enough..for now. Besides as good friends to Casper, it was best for him and Auggie to stay off them completely. It was like an undiscussed agreement between anyone who knew Casper that if he was even in the vicinity of opiates, he would most likely crack. That could be different now that he was out of rehab, but it was better not to take that chance.

º º code by ditto º º

Users who are viewing this thread

Back