• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Growing Darkness. (Demon) (Open)

The Captain

My father was mortal. He was an ordinary man from a small farming village with a doting wife who waited for him at home all day to return from the fields.
It happened at the end of a long day working under the burning sun. My father was just starting to make his way home when lightning struck the ground in front of him causing him to jump back and shield his face. When the light began to fade he opened his eyes and came face to face with the most beautiful woman he had ever laid his eyes on. Her beauty mesmerized him but he was hesitant to approach her. As he looked at her he began to realize she was not all human. She had long horns protruding from the crown of her head and her eyes were the color of glass. He had always been told stories as a child of these creatures but never could have imagined that he would ever come to meet with one. Demon. That was all his mind could manage to think and as if the she beast could read his thoughts gave him a devilish smile exposing fangs. Her smile seemed to cast a spell on him and he found himself walking into her open embrace as large black wings extended from her back enclosing them together.

Weeks had past and my father had not returned home.
His wife sat in the kitchen everyday waiting for him to come home.
She had just recently found out they would be expecting their first child.
And then one day as she stared out the window a shadow could be seen walking in the distance.
She ran outside and was greeted with the face of her husband.
She hugged him asking what happened to him, where he had been.
He had no memory of the last few weeks. He would see flashes in him mind but none of it made sense.
His wife brought him inside and as she began to clean him up she noticed he was covered in bruises and claw marks.
It wasn't until she the saw the bite marks that she realized what it meant.
She had been told the same stories when she was young and how some demons will seduce mortals.
Her face went pale and she stepped back from him.
He tried to call out for her but she just ran. She didn't know where she was going but she knew that anyone touched by a demon was marked by darkness.
He was never able to find her. He didn't know of the child she carried or that a few months later she died giving birth to that child.
And as for that child no one is sure what became of them.

That is not my story though. My mother was the demon.

Damien

He was born a half demon feared by the mortal world and hated by the demon world. He knew little of his father aside from the story of his conception. His mother was a powerful demon princess but demons don't make a habit of raising their own. Being one of the rare few to survive after birth Damien was to be giving to a higher demon in their world. As a half demon he would be stronger then most humans but still weaker then any demon. As a half breed grows the demon part of them begins to grow stronger until one day it devours the human part of them making them almost as strong as a high powered demon and the perfect weapon for an army. They become a shell of what they were being used like a puppet to obey their masters demands.
On the night he was meant to be given a low ranking demon stole him away. He had been raising Damien until this night and had grown attached to him. Not wanting to see him used in such a horrid way he did the only thing he could think to do, leave and hide away among the mortals.
They lived like humans shaving down their horns and teeth when they started to grow but knew it was best to keep to themselves as much as possible. Damien has never been told of what his future holds but the one who cares for him knows that one day soon he will have to tell him.

Alright so I am really excited about this one and hope people get really into this.
Both demons and humans are welcome. Haven't decided if I will allow others to be half demons but if it makes sense I don't see why not.
some magic is alright with me as well. Even humans using light magic.
If someone would like to take role of the child that no one know what happened to (the one who is supposed to be the half sibling) then please feel free to do so. I kinda left it open to where it can come to play if someone is interested in it.

It was a quite morning. Damien was never one for much sleep but tonight felt different. Something was weighing on his heart but he couldn't pin what it was.
He stayed up all night watching the calm of the world at night. It always seemed to sooth him whenever his emotions seemed to get away from him.
The sun was another hour from rising and with that the rest of the world would awaken.
He wished the world could keep this calm. He liked it better. Surrounded by the trees and the few animals who were still awake.
The animals seemed to not mind him being there. Sometimes they would even leave him gifts. A few nuts, random pieces of metal, and even a few coins that he could use in town for food when he didn't feel like foraging.
Damien sighed knowing that it was time to start his day. He worked on the farm of a near by family. They couldn't pay him but would let him take home part of what he harvested. He didn't mind, he liked being able to help and it gave him something to do during the day. He only ever took what he needed even when the family would try to offer him more but Demons don't need much to begin with.
He stood up from his spot and walked the few feet to the little cottage that he shared with his guardian Kala. She was still fast asleep on the only cot they had in the one room cottage. Damien smiled as he watched her for a moment. He owed her his life for she saved him when he was still a babe. She never lied to him but he knew that there were things that she would not tell him, like the name of his mother or of what happened to his father. He gathered the things he would need and made his way back out.
Damien soon reached the farm and wasted no time getting to work. The farmer had two young children who weren't yet old enough to help on the farm and a sick wife at home. When Damien showed up a few months ago offering his help the man thought he was a blessing for they would have lost the farm because he would have not been able to work on the fields as well as take care of his family. While Damien worked the man would come outside every once in a while to ask him if he would like anything to eat or drink. He always refused but thanked the man anyway. The hours seemed to fly by as he worked and before he knew it the sun started to set in the sky. Damien wiped the sweat from his face and began to clean up unaware that he was being watched. As he made his way to the house with the crops he harvested he noticed the farmers wife was sitting in a chair at the front of the house. She smiled at him and motioned for him to approach. It had been a long while since he had seen for her sickness kept her bedridden. He quickly put away the harvest and made his way over to her. She motioned for him to sit down on the chair beside her and he did so without question.
The smile never left her face as she began to speak "You have been so kind to us although you had no reason to be. For a long while I did not believe I would live to see my children grow but your help has made it possible for my husband to care for me. I also know that it was you who hid the coins that my husband found to be able to buy me medicine, don't try to deny it" Damien looked away from her for a moment but only until she started to speak again. "I come from a line witches and fortune tellers but gave all of that up for love. It severed most of my connection to that world but I can still sense some things like for instance I know what you are. " Those words caused Damien to freeze. No one had ever been able to tell what he was before. A million ideas flashed through his head of what it was that she would do with this information. He knew that some powerful Demons would give a lot to know who he was. "Don't worry child, your secret is safe with me. Not even my husband knows. " the smile faded from her lips then" For a while now I've been able to sense a darkness around you. Up until now I had not been strong enough to tell you but I feel you may be in danger. You must leave as quickly as you can. Go as far as the earth will stretch. It is the only thing I can give you even though my family could never pay you enough for what you have done for us. Now go and don't look back"
Damien thanked her and quickly made his way home trying to process everything that he heard. He thought something might be off be he thought that it was only in his own mind.
He reached the cottage and opened the door to find Kala sitting at the table with two cups of tea. She gave him a small but guilty smile "Have a seat Damien. We need to talk."

Terria shifted in her bed, her face contorted in a terrible grimace. The woman suddenly jerked awake, she breathed deeply and her hands immediately went to the sides of her head. She was having a nightmare about the day of her banishment, of the terrible pain that had come from the removal of her horns and wings, and the wicked yet smug smile of the demon who'd done it to her. She looked around her very small living space, the hut only had one room. Terria's bed took up one corner, the fire pit that still gave off a few dying embers from last night took up the center. A small table strewn with a bunch of possessions haphazardly thrown onto it took up another. Terria's robe and mask were hanging on a rack by the door, her dirks were lain in sheathes under her bed. She locked eyes with Enrik, her faithful hound seemed to be watching her intently. Terria thought she may have imagined the concern on his face. Enrik whined at her as if asking if everything was alright. Terria jumped out of bed and moved over to the hound, patting him gently between the ears. She was as good as she'd ever been, since the banishment anyway. "Hungry"? She looked to the hellhound which gave a woof that Terria took as a yes. Perhaps making a breakfast would take her mind off of that dream. Terria grabbed her robe from the rack and rested it around her shoulders, it'd keep her warm better than her normal clothing. There was a sound of claw on wood as Enrik got to his feet to follow her. The outside of Terria's home was rather vacant, it was made in the center of a clearing where trees would never seem to grow, there were a few berry bushes along the sides of the clearing, though they weren't Terria's target. As there was every morning Terria's ears were assaulted by soft birdsong, she didn't much care for it. It always felt like the birds were flaunting their perfect forms and peaceful lives in front of her. Her hellhound padded at her side bumping into her side, Terria's hand reached out subconsciously to stroke Enrik's back fur. Her pet often could tell when she was out of sorts, and Terria appreciated his efforts to calm her down. The two of them made their way down the well worn path they'd created and came to the soft sound of the river. She could feel the pebbles under her feet as she waded into the shallows of the water source, the woven shape of the fish trap could be seen as well as the writhing shape of trapped fish. Terria picked up the trap and noticed the forms of a fat trout and a bass. The other fish were too small to be of much notice but that worked out fine, the trout for Enrik and the bass for herself.
She removed the wriggling fish from their trap and turned back towards the hut. Once back to her home Enrik made a noise that sounded like a mix between a growl and a grunt and turned tail to go exploring in the woods, that was fine. Terria could simply call him back with a whistle when the fish were done. The hellhound was a much bigger eater than Terria, hence why he got the bigger fish, so he wouldn't hesitate to return. She placed the fish on the table after moving the possessions on it to make some room. Terria had gotten quite practiced at deboning fish and so she finished that task pretty quickly before she grabbed a pair of flints and lit the fire, before turning around and grabbing the rusty pan that she hand. She set the pan above the fire and leaned against the table as she waited for the fish to cook. She tapped her foot and grabbed a fork from the table, suddenly there was another flash of that wicked face smiling down at her while she was cast out. Terria's fist tightened subconsciously and by the time she realized it wasn't real her eyes went back to the utensil in her hand to find the fork bent at an odd angle. Terria sighed, she'd have to get another fork the next time she went into the village.

Ophelia Blackwood
Her emerald eyes shine in the dark, the sun has been up in the sky for some time now but the curtains in her chambers remain closed. Today was one of those days when weakness filled her heart with emotions, she felt anxious and terrified, covering herself in the thick blankets that kept her warm. A faint calling ringed on her ears, Sahprah was asking for permission to enter her room. ”C-Come in.” She kept her voice as stable as possible while raising it.

The door opened while the woman carried a cart with a silver platter on top of it. “Breakfast is… ready.” She noticed the state of the room, quickly closing the door after getting inside. “Oh my poor girl…” She wheeled the cart next to Ophelia’s bed, moving towards the covered windows. She made a swift movement with both hands, magically sliding the curtains to uncover the windows. Sahprah admired the sunlight filling the room, watching how Ophelia flinched under the blankets. ”We’ve talked about this Ophelia, the light won’t hurt you. Now come on, eat before it gets cold.” She watched as Ophelia gave a tentative try, pulling out her hand from the cover of the blankets to see if her words were true. Smiling when finally the girl confirmed there was nothing to be afraid of.

”That’s right… I was being foolish.” Ophelia focused her attention on the silver platter filled with a full fresh lemon pie recently pulled out of the oven, chocolate cookies and strawberry juice, along with a big silver spoon that surely had a better proper use than to be employed in this sugary breakfast. She could never hide her mood swings from Sahprah, the woman knew before anyone else and always brought her special treats to lift her up. She was no longer a kid, but the gesture was appreciated and it still worked anyway. ”Thank you.” She whispered more to herself than to her nana but it was audible enough to be heard, Sahprah just nodded as she opened the window.

She noticed a black feathered bird patiently waiting on the balcony; unlike regular crows this one had green eyes. ”Oh, news about your prey it seems. Come in, Faust.” The crow nodded and flipped his wings, flying inside the room and landing on the floor. Black smoke with green energetic currents surrounded the bird until his shape turned into an elegant tall man with black hair and light skin. He remained silent, crouched on the floor on one knee while waiting for his mistress to end her breakfast.

He only stood up after she signaled him to, reporting his findings after she finished eating. ”We found some tracks, you were right. Apparently a traitor has been covering their signal through… love.” Faust lowered his sight towards the floor, he knew this wasn’t a pleasant development. ”Of course, she’s weak and unable to truly hide him. She just delayed the inevitable; we’re close to finding him.”

Ophelia glared at him, her eyes glowing bright green, calming herself after hearings his last remarks. ”A stupid witch I’m sure…” She stoop up from her bed, grabbing the robe that was hanging from the high wooden ornaments in it, wrapping herself around in it. ”Make sure he doesn’t escape, I’ll be on my way as soon as possible.” Faust nodded while confirming her orders, turning back into his crow self to fly away and carry on his duties. Ophelia approached towards balcony, admiring the lands owned by her ‘family’. She had waited patiently and abided her time, finally all of her efforts would be rewarded. ”Are you coming too?” She asked to her nana, who was already picking up the cart to wheel it back to the kitchen.

Sahprah shook her head while starting to walk towards the exit, the door opened itself for her. ”Oh no, these old bones can’t handle a good fight like they used too.” It was easy to forget about her real age, her silver blonde hair made it difficult to see any sign of ageing and her skin was still young. Surely some ritual to maintain some of the physical aspects of youth was in place. ”I’ll be more useful here, maintaining order and providing assistance from afar.” She finally left the room, letting in the servants in charge of dressing up Ophelia.

Ophelia nodded, Sahprah was wise and powerful but it was true that her strength had been diminished over the years. The phases of the moon didn’t helped much either, Sahprah’s magic it’s bound to moonlight and big feats require careful planning to properly function. ”Make sure that all arrangements were taken care of.” She watched the woman nod as she left the room. Now it was time to take a bath and put on her best clothes, she had some places to be and some people to kill.

Damien slowly sat down be side Kala wondering what she could have to tell him. The day was already so strange he wondered what else could possibly happen. Kala took his hand not ready to tell him what she need to but it was only right that he knew. She sighed preparing herself " I know I am not your mother but I have always seen you as my own. You were such a sweet babe and as a man you are so kind and patient...to think about who your mother is..." The demon woman who was ready to give away her child as if she were giving away just an object.
It made Kala shiver just thinking about it and what would have become of him if she did not take him away. "Anyway I'm rambling now but what i need to tell you is very important. I know you have been feeling a darkness inside you, I've seen how its changing you. " Kala stood then and walked to the small fire she had underneath a pot of stew tending to it. It was just a distraction but one she knew would could not last forever.
"That darkness you feel is the Demon half of you taking control of your human soul. One day it will devour it completely making you full demon but in doing so you would turn you into a mindless killing monster who obeys a master. The quicker the change the stronger the demon. I had hoped that your change would be slow...that you would live a long life before you lost it but sadly the world does not give that kindness to Demons. " All Damien could do was sit there as she spoke wishing the words he was hearing were false but he could feel the pain of her words in his heart. Before he knew it tears were falling down his face causing Kala to rush over to him and embrace in her arms "Shh love, it will be alright. I will always be here for you.
Damien nodded "Will you do something for me...will you tell me about my father" He asked when he gained control over himself again.
Kala gave a small smile " of course I will. I don't know much about him myself but I do know he was a farmer. A simple man with a wife. She left him when she discovered what happened to him. Your mother loved watching him. She enjoyed what she had done to him thriving on it. He is still a live. He lives alone on the outskirts of a small village but outside of that it is all I know. "
They spent the rest of the night sharing a meal and talking about all the joys they have had together in life not wanting to dwell anymore on what is to come of the future.
They turned in early for the night but Damien was having trouble finding sleep. He tossed and turned for a while but knew that there was something he needed to do. He had to find his father, he had to know why. He got up from his mat on the floor and as quietly as he could looked through some of the relics that Kala had taken with her when she left the Demon world. He knew something in here would help him find his father and sure enough he found a stone of seeing. He packed it in his bag with a few other things. The last thing he did before leaving was write a note to Kala letting her know he would never forget all that he had done for him and that he hoped now she would live her life for her.
He walked out the door not being able to look back knowing if he did it he would change his mind.

Today was town day. Terria stood on the steps to her home, holding her wooden mask, she was already wearing her mask. She held it in her hands as if hesitant, she'd kept on having those nightmares, as if they were some sign that something terrible was on its way to happening. Terria was still wondering why she went back to that village. Surely it wasn't because she truly cared whether or not random demons walked into the town, and it certainly wasn't the admiration. Very few of the townsfolk trusted her and the few that did only did so because they thought her to be something she was not. They believed Terria to be some form of human hero, a demon slayer who had been sent from their prayers as the hero they'd craved, not some disgraced, shell of a demoness who loathed her own kind. There was a rustling of grass and underbrush as the large form of Enrik appeared, the leg bone of a deer grasped firmly in his jaws. Terria had been able to ride upon Enrik into the town, the Townsfolk had been satisfied with the story that Enrik had been stolen as a cub from some demon lord she had slain. Though as with everything else about Terria not all of that story was believed. Terria would not bring Enrik into the town had he not been so large and strong that she didn't think the humans would be able to harm him without great effort. The hellhound tilted his head quizzically at Terria, who knew that he was asking if they were ready to go. Terria sighed and fixed her mask to her face. She checked her hip and sure enough her dirks were sheathed there, good. "C'mon boy" Terria called him over. Enrik often grabbed a bone or something to chew on while Terria made a few purchases and or asked about threats that'd come around during the month. Terria hopped onto Enrik's back and the hellhound turned and began to pad his way down the well worn path towards the town. They passed a sign post that read simply NO TRESPASSING in large red letters. Terria had written that sign some ten years ago, to try and ward off anyone who got the idea of following her after she left the city. The path wasn't too far but there was of course plenty of time to appreciate the nature that passed them as they quietly made their way towards town.
Terria sat up straighter on the back of her mount once her keen ears picked up the sounds of movements of people around the town square. Heads turned as Enrik's shape appeared from the treeline. Moreso when they made their way into the town, Terria was more on a shop mindset than a business one today. She would head to the shopping stalls first before the town hall. She slid off the back of Enrik whom she gave an affectionate pat between the ears before looking at a smith's wares, she was in the market to replace a fork she had ruined.

A few days had passed and Damien's horns and fangs had already started to grow back. It seemed like they were growing faster then normal and he didn't think to bring anything to file them down with. He knew his best bet would be to head to a nearby village and find something to cover his head up with unless he wanted the world to know what he was. It seemed like their was a village only a few miles down the road. He would just have to avoid as many people as possible along the way. It became harder to keep his distance from people the closer he got to the village. That's Why they lived outside of town, less eyes to watch them and snoop.
He made short time in reaching the village just wanting to get in and out as quickly as possible. He walked along the street looking for a shop that sold hats. While he looked he took the time to buy any food that he might need. He didn't want to take more then he needed knowing it would be best to keep it light. He soon came across a shop that sold clothing and quickly found something that would do well to cover up his horns for now. He also grabbed something to hold a weapon in and made his way to the weapons shop buying a small dagger just in case. As Damien left the shop he wasn't paying any attention to his surroundings and found himself on the ground pinned down by something. When he finally got the chance to look at was it was he was face to face with a large hell hound. It bore its teeth at him with a growl. He knew the creature could sense what he was although he has never seen a hell hound in real life he learned much about them.
He didn't make any sudden moves not wanting to anger the beast more but he had to find a way to get up somehow. He slowly reached into his bag and pulled out some meet that he bought and tossed it as far as he could hoping it would buy his some time. The beast was distracted momentarily giving Damien enough time to push him off and get up not realizing that his hat had also fallen off in the process . Once up he stood his ground ready to fight the beast if he had to but not wanting to knowing that it would only bring more attention to him then it already had.

Terria stood in front of a stall examining an iron fork with scrutiny. The shopkeep seemed almost nervous to have the masked warrior at his stall while a few passersby murmured as they passed her. Terria quite honestly did not care what they thought was worth their time to gossip about. "How much for this fork"? Terria asked looking at the shopkeep. The shopkeep began to mutter about what sort of price would be becoming the hero, Terria was used to it. It was normally just some formality that ended with them trying to disguise normal price as discounted and to be honest she didn't care all that much about that either. There was something that made her completely forget about that though, a growl. A familiar growl. Enrik? She had trained Enrik to never attack a human without provocation, she didn't need the beast chasing after some bite sized looking children. She let out a sharp whistle and turned around while drawing her dirks. There were shouts from people in fear for their lives at the large animal's sudden aggression as Terria reached her pet. The hellhound was already through with whatever stranger had earned his aggression. The moment Terria had whistled the hound seemed pacified it marched over to his master's side as she appeared. Enrik looked up at Terria and pointed with his snout towards the thing that had already taken her attention. The newly revealed demon. That explained why Enrik attacked, she had trained him to react aggressively to unknown demons. Terria's first instinct was to surge forward and relieve this interloper of his head, she thought she'd made it perfectly clear demons were not welcome in this settlement what with her previous slayings but apparently not. However, there was something... Off about this demon. She narrowed her eyes at the demon. He was impure. She'd seen half demons before, not up close of course but the kingdoms near the one she'd grown up in liked to flaunt the ones they had in their possession. She'd never known they could think for themselves let alone travel on their own, that either meant there were more demons around or this was an interesting situation. "State your business here" Terria shouted stoically. Enrik gave a throaty bark as if backing her up, no matter how interesting a situation may be Terria would not lower her guard towards this creature.

Damien had never known hell hounds to wander on their own which meant that its master had to be close by. The last thing he needed was to run into another Demon just when his journey started. Nearby he could hear a loud whistle and that seemed to calm the beast for a moment. Any normal mortal would be relived by the beast backing down but Damien knew that it was the master he had to worry about. The hounds master was not what he expected, She was tall unlike most humans but she lacked any horns or wings like most demons would have. For a moment Damien wondered if she was like him and although she looked more mortal then Demon something about her told him it was not the case. Damien watched her as she watched him ready at any hint of movement from her.
He knew if she decided to attack he would not be able to fight off both her and her hound. If it was one or the other he could maybe buy enough time to get away but not if they teamed up on him.
He began looking for any escape he could take when he heard a voice. He had not excepted her to speak to him and was caught off guard. He took a moment to think up a response "My business is my own. I was just passing through when your beast attacked me unprovoked" he wanted to show that he was no threat but it was of no concern of hers why he was here.
The fact that she did not charge right into an attack gave him some hope that she could see that and would let him continue on his way.
A crowd had not began to form around them, as always mortals were always poking around in business that didn't involve them which made Damien nervous. It was only then that he realized he no longer had his hat on. He gave a quick look around for it and noticed it was under one of the hell hounds paws. He cursed to himself at his luck and looked back at its master "If you don't mind I would just like to collect my hat and be on my way" He didn't want to have to stop at another village to buy a different hat especially after this first stop was turning into a disaster.

Terria did not move at the half breed's speech. Her eyes narrowed behind the wooden mask she wore on her face suspiciously. She didn't believe a word coming out of the half breed's mouth. She stood rigidly as she put together what he'd said, though she wasn't inclined to take his words as truth though it was interesting that there was a half breed that still had the mind on them to be capable of speaking on their own. "My beast has been trained to attack demons, for they are not welcome here. Stepping into this town in the first place was plenty of provocation" Terria explained stoically. "I cannot let a demon step into this town and just leave with no consequence. If I did it would never stop and everyone here would be put at risk. How do I know you aren't some kind of scout"? Terria almost gave a laugh when she realized that he hadn't even noticed that he'd lost his hat that protected his identity from the naked eye. "I am sure you would like to just be on your way" Terria said but made no move to command Enrik to give up the headwear. The hellhound stood just as rigidly as its master just waiting for a command as its long cat like tail flicked back and forth behind him.

He kept a close eye on her and the hell hound. He had ideas flowing through his mind but he knew none of them would work.
Damien sighed "If it makes you feel better you can take me as a prisoner until we get this all sorted out. I would just really like to get out of the eye of the public" He wondered if she would go for this. It wasn't the best idea to just give himself up but with the situation being what it was he had nothing else going for him.
As a show of good faith he Knelt down in front of her his hands out stretched.
Damien also put his faith in her that she could trust him enough to not kill him on the spot.
He knew this kind of attention would find him eventually but he didn't think it would be so soon into his quest. It just showed him how protected he was back in his old home and how much he wished he could be back there now.

Terria gave a grunt. "I have somewhere to take you if you don't want to be seen. On your feet and follow me, don't get any ideas about running or stabbing me in the back, he'll be watching". Terria pointed with the tip of her blade to the watching beast which stood still and watched intently as if waiting for Damien to move before he would get up and follow his master. Terria had a few reservations about bringing this half breed to her hut though she wasn't fully decided whether or not she was going to kill him yet and she supposed he had the right not to spill secrets to those who did not need to know. In Terria's eyes for the safety of the village the need to know included herself.
It wasn't as if there was anything to hide in the hut anyway, the only thing it housed was a forsaken broken demoness and her loyal beast. Her long ears were taut in concentration as she listened for the sounds that would let her know the half demon was following before she truly began down the road.

(sorry about the late reply. work has been keeping me pretty busy. )

All Damien could do was nod as he got to his feet keeping an eye on the hound as he moved closer to the woman in front of him. They made their way away from the eyes of the villagers which he was very grateful for. He made sure he didn't make any sudden movements as they walked. He wondered where exactly she was taking him.
As they walked Damien decided he should break the silence "So uh I don't believe I ever got your name. It would only be right to know my captors name, especially If I don't live past the next few hours." He waited for her response "I'm Damien by the way. If you care to know" He was trying to win her over but he never knew small talk to win anyone over.
The walked farther away from the village out on the outskirts. It reminded him a lot of his home. Living away from everyone else surviving off of only what you need. He started to wonder if maybe they were more alike then he originally thought.

Terria led the way through the forest, she didn't stop or seem to respond to the half demon when he attempted to speak with her and ask her name. She did note his name though, Damien. They kept on moving past trees of all kinds, from slim white barked birches to the thicker brown oaks which seemed to tower over everything. The only sign of differentiation was when they passed a sign nailed to a dogwood tree which read NO TRESPASSING now Terria's hut was in sight. Terria led Damien inside, where though it wasn't overly roomy there was enough space for it to not feel cramped even with the almost bear sized Enrik being in there as well.
She stopped and removed the cloak which hid most of her shape and hung it on a coat rack. The simple brown clothing she wore under it showed off lean muscle and the nicks and cuts on her arms and legs were now fully visible. On the sides of her head Damien could see what looked like a pair of nubs where her horns had once been. She hesitated for just a moment upon taking off her wooden mask before looking back at her captive with her red eyes. "You wanted to know my name? It is Terria. The animal is called Enrik" Terria broke her silence from the walk, pointing with her long thin tail to Enrik who perked up at the mention of his name. "I still want to know what brought you through that town" Terria reminded him.

Damien noted the area around him as they walked in case there was a chance for him to make an escape. The hut was completely surrounded by trees. If you didn't know what you were looking for you would miss it. His captor made no hint of a response. She must not be much of a talker but he guessed it was only fair knowing what he was. At least on this path he wouldn't have to see what he would become. He entered the hut also taking note of the space around him. It was a modest hut but more then enough for one person and her pet. He hadn't been paying attention to the woman as she began to remove her armor until she finally spoke to him. He noted her name but was caught off guard by her look. She had mentions something about protecting the village from demons but he hadn't expected her body to be a cut up as it was. He could see now that she was a lot stronger then she originally looked when they first met.
Finally his eyes found their way to the top of her head where he could see the spots that would have once held horns. His eyes met hers "So you are a demon. I had my feeling but have never really spent much time around them to be able to tell from just a glance although you didn't make it easy by not having any horns. " He hadn't meant to avoid her question but he was curious now about her and how she also found herself in the mortal world protecting humans.

Terria looked at Damien and tapped her foot slightly in impatience as he seemed to push her question to the side in favor of commenting on the fact that she was a demon. "Aye, I am a demon. Not having horns wasn't exactly some kind of clever plan on my part just something that happened" Terria informed him. She eyed him suspiciously when he said he'd never been around demons long enough to tell one from a human. Of course her first instinct was to think he was lying... But he didn't sound like a liar and he sure didn't have a tell of any sort. It figured the moment he finally began to speak Terria made even less sense of this half demon. Talking about her lack of horns wasn't something Terria enjoyed either, it made her remember that day and the face of the demon she wanted to sink her blades into the most.
"On a similar note of observation you are a half demon, I have seen and heard of things like you before. Do not bother denying it, telling the difference is not all too hard if you know what to look for. I have never known one of your kind to work without a master telling them what to do. The question is simple, who is your master and what did they tell you to do"? Terria's tail had started twitching irritably when she thought of her lost horns, sort of in the same way an angered cat's tail would.

Damien could see talking about her horns hit a nerve for her and He made a note not to bring it up in the future if he had a future. It didn't take her very long to figure out he was a half demon. He wondered how long she had known about it and what it meant to her "I am a half Demon you are right but I have no master...at least not yet anyway." He wished he didn't have to talk about it but she was right that denying it was no use " It is only recently that I discovered what my fate will be but the human part of me has not been devoured yet. " his heart throbbed painfully just then as if the Demon inside him was reminding him that this was reality. He clutched at his chest trying to ignore the pain " I don't know how much time I have left, I feel like it isn't very long but there are somethings that I wish to do before that happens. That's why I have traveled all this way. After I have done what I needed to do I plan to end my life as to not turn into a puppet of war. "
Damien didn't know what his plans were after he did what needed to be done until this moment. He realized the only way out would be to take his own life before it was to late but it was still strange hearing it come out of his mouth" you can choose to believe me and let me go on my way or end my misery here and now. Either way it will not be much of a happy ending for me." He knew there was nothing left to do now but wait for her decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back