• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Growf!

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Growf is the unofficial name of the dragon in this RP. You can change it to whatever you want. He is a small, young fledgling dragon about the size of your average Golden Retriever, maybe a bit smaller. He is clearly amphibious and still can’t fly. He has a spiny ridge, a pair of backswept horns, modestly webbed feet, nictating eyelids. His color changes on whim, ranging from chameleon tendencies, to becoming luminescent. And naturally he has a nice array of razor sharp teeth. His claws have been clipped short.

When discovered Growf will have some injuries. His neck has been burned. And it looks as though he got in a fight with some predator that took a chunk out of a hindquarter. Plus his wings have been broken. He is extremely timid, quite afraid of humans and will be very difficult to coax out into the open. He will absolutely avoid larger humans.

Growf is discovered by a kid living in Florida near the Everglades. You, as the kid that finds him will have to find a way to befriend him, then hide him - for the area will soon have visitors - Feds of some sort - MIB’s, white coats (scientists), and even some military. They will bring in the K-9 units. And the rumor is that they are looking for a dangerous escaped animal.

Growf needs YOUR help.

(No, I have not created the actual RP yet. I am going to hold off until someone decides to play the kid. M or F doesn't matter. However, I do intend to run Growf.)

General Rules

• All site rules apply
  • No God Modding, Bunnying, Metagaming, etc.

Writing Rules

• Posts must be of good writing skills, and generally a minimum of three paragraphs. Really I am looking for better than that. I want paragraphs that aren’t two sentences long. Good content. Use third person, past tense.
  • As a minimum members are expected to post at least every other day - unless most of the RP is on hold for a scene between a couple characters. Then those characters need to wrap their scene up. The idea here is to not keep other members waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
PM's are fine. However, something I did leave out - that I usually have posted - is about the posting level I look for. I normally advertise RP's as Intermediate for writing ability. While I am not really THAT picky, I detest one liners. I generally look for at least a few paragraphs per post. I only get to post about once a day. One liners would drag the RP out.

This dragon has a sci fi origin rather than fantasy. There is a very good reason why he is shy around humans - especially adults. He escaped from the people hunting for him. He's been badly treated. Awww...

Putting this one back up for recruitment. Last taker quit before even starting without saying anything. Yeesh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back