• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Group Therapy (interest check)

Ineria

Knee High Sock Fanatic
come_on_and_save_me_from_me__signature__by_xxxypdesignxxx-d55cqx2.png

This is merely an interest check for now. If I see that plenty of people are interested, I may start it up.

P L O T x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x //

Everyone has a little insanity in them. It just has to be nurtured in order to make itself known. Anyone can be possessive, an addict, violent, suicidal, etc. But unfortunately, there are those that cannot battle that sort of "weirdness" while being who they are. And that could be merely for the fact that they are not human. They risk endangering their entire species and getting them hunted down. Just because they're just a little bit more "odd" than the rest of us.

But fear no longer. There is Master at guiding the lost ones back to safety. He has created a sort of circle that targets the most endangering those of non-humans and tries to help them get "better." No one knows his name for he is always lingering in the shadows. He knows exactly what problems every patient has and what every Leader of a circle is capable of. He has every name on file and he cares for everyone equally.

That is except for this new circle that has been admitted to him. He cares a great deal for them. Why, you may ask. Perhaps it is because he has known this group of individuals personally. Or perhaps it is because he feels more in touch with their troubles than the rest. Only he can truly say. But we're going to follow these crazed outsiders and their road to fixing and helping each other. Even if a part of the Master never wants to lose them to the sane world.

C H A R A C T E R S x x x x x x x x x x x x x //

There are few different races to pick from and many different sicknesses to choose. Only one from each race can be chosen (including the circle's Leader); only one may have a certain mental illness (except for the one that the Leader has overcome.) Remember that each of the races and diseases listed are the ones most looked for but are

not

limited to them. Any other creativity from these is welcome as long as it makes sense.

------- T H ExxxR A C E S -------

• Vampire
  • Werewolf
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Siren/Merfolk
  • Gorgon (yes, from Greek mythology)
  • Incubus/Succubus

(No overpowered races please. This means angels, demons, demi-gods/gods, etc. are not allowed.)

------- T H ExxxS I C K N E S S E S -------

• Depression
  • Suicidal
  • Multiple Personality Disorder
  • Schizophrenia (not to be mistaken as the same as multiple personality disorder)
  • Delusional
  • Abusive
  • Drug/Sex Addiction
  • Psychopathic
  • Sociopathic

(Again, any diseases characters may have are not limited to this list.)

This roleplay will require at least three paragraphs per post. That should allow enough to detail to entertain and to also give plenty for the other RPers to respond.

[QUOTE="David Parks]I'll join! Are those all the races, or can we choose others?

[/QUOTE]
You can choose others. ^^ Those were just the main, suggested ones.

I'm pretty excited so many have shown interest. I may start making graphics and such for this.

Do you guys prefer photographic pictures or artistic pictures (graphic art, anime, etc.)?

I'm interested. This sounds like an interesting roleplay. Nice layout by the way. As for picture preferences, I personally prefer artistic pictures, as you described it. This is because it's rather hard for me to find the right picture in photographs. It's also easier to edit artistic ones if needed.

I would be interested, just one thing. Sometimes it is difficult to write three paragaphs at a time with only one character, say you are having a conversation with someone, you would end up writing say one or two questions then just writing boring filler for the rest of the three paragraphs. In real life during conversations, people just don't think or do enough between each time they talk to the time the other person talks, that would make up three paragraphs. One paragraph per character each post seems more reasonable.

snakeyem12 said:
I would be interested, just one thing. Sometimes it is difficult to write three paragaphs at a time with only one character, say you are having a conversation with someone, you would end up writing say one or two questions then just writing boring filler for the rest of the three paragraphs. In real life during conversations, people just don't think or do enough between each time they talk to the time the other person talks, that would make up three paragraphs. One paragraph per character each post seems more reasonable.
I think you must misunderstand. It will be dialogue heavy due to character interaction. But the characters will not just be talking to each other.

I can easily type up three paragraphs for a response with one character. It's just a matter of detailing each sense the character is experiencing.

Say the Leader decides to take them to a club for circle therapy and gives them a challenge to finish during a time limit. Instead of merely talking about something, what would they hear or see or smell, etc.? What would the challenge trigger in their head?

And even if it has just a dialogue moment, these are mentally troubled people. These thoughts will permeate everything they say, think, or do. And that'll also take up quite a bit of writing as well.

Thank you for the suggestion, though. ^^

The roleplay is in the works, loves.

I'm currently at work and can't finish working on it. However, I will post the link here once most of the basics have been fleshed out. :)

Alright, everyone. I have the thread up! ^^ I'll be driving for Florida tomorrow (13 hours... ugh) so that should give some of you a healthy head start on making characters.

Please make sure to read all of the overview (especially the rules) before submitting a character sheet. ^^

Here's the link, loves! I can't wait to see what awesome characters you make.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back