Idea Group rp discord anyone?

vixe

you got this
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey! I’ve had this idea for a while now, and I was wondering if this would be a good idea, so here I am! I only have the idea and it’s not fully fleshed out so if anyone wants to help me fully plan it I’d be very grateful!

So, basically my idea is like a big group rp discord. It’s like a place where people could come to roleplay together, just general talk and makes friends. We could have a channel for writing advice/critique, etc etc. how does that sound?

To be honest, it doesn't sound bad per say, but it also doesn't seem like it's adding anything of particular value. If you want a place to generally talk and make friends from RPN, why not RPN? If you specifically want to have a place like that in discord but the RPN being the source isn't relevant, it probably wouldn't be too hard to find such a server through a little googling. And if you want both the discord thing and people from RPN but are willing to not be the one in charge of it, RPN already has an official discord where you can do these things.

As such, I believe rather than something generic this isn't an idea that's worthwhile. That said, the server wouldn't necessarily have to be tied to a specific roleplay. You could tie it to a setting for instance, which I think would probably be as broad as you can go without the existence of the server becoming somewhat redundant. Another example could be a specific topic. For instance I myself have attempted to create a couple discord groups centered on worldbuilding (which unfortunately fizzled out).

Yeah there are a multitude of such things. You can hop on disboard and find dozens of them. I think you need to consider what you want out if this. Do you have a setting or RP style in mind? Do you really want to run a large server or would you be content playing in one that already exists?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back