• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Group Roleplay Idea

backwoodsbry96

The Pink in a Crowd of Grey
I really want to do a merge roleplay that is set in like Tolkien's Middle-Earth with his creatures and everything. However, I think it would be interesting to incorporate the dragon rider idea from How To Train Your Dragon and Eragon.

My problem is I'm not good at starting roleplays at all. So I need a little help in that department.

I do believe the worst is behind us.

I'm totally up for this. Can you tell me what's on your mind, like a initial draft of the story

and let's see what we could come up.
xD​

@raijinzero

That's my problem. I'm really bad at creating plots and stuff. Just like an outline. But what I can say is I wanted to set it in Middle Earth with all of his races and stuff. The only difference is there are dragons (I was going to use HTTYD species of dragons like my character would have a night fury ). And the way the dragon riders and dragons come together is like in Eragon. If that make sense. Maybe the characters could all be on an adventure like in the Hobbit.

@Grape

That would be so helpful! I could really use the help.

@

backwoodsbry96, Dragons... hmmm... I have an idea. I always have this story in my repository in my head that I always wanted to share. Try and see if you'd like it:

There was once a land divided into different countries (you may base these countries based on their races like countries of humans, elves, dwarves, lizardkind, etc.) that had been in strife with each other for centuries. At some point, someone/something unleashed Wyrms (Dragons) that have been long imprisoned due to their threat to the inhabitants of the land. Now this has not only unleashed Wyrms but also the Orcs and the Undead that serve them. The inhabitants were forced to set aside their differences and fight these otherworldly creatures for the sake of their survival.

So to sum it up, it's like a post-apocalyptic medieval plot.

That's what I had in mind. It's pretty rough and will really need some development..
xD​

Last edited by a moderator:
@raijinzero

That's an awesome idea! Just got to find a way to incorporate the people riding dragons. Maybe the first initial thought of the dragons were that they were evil and dangerous due to their association with the Orcs and Undead. However, the dragon riders are the ones who see through to how the dragons really are and gain their trust and alliance. It could be through the dragon riders that the war is won.

And @IDKMan

Thanks a bunches! I could always use the help.

@

backwoodsbry96, That's your story right there~! Just add some details on it like history, etc. I'm just curious, what's Eragon & How to train your dragon all about? I've watched similar medieval movies such as Lord of the Rings & played some games such as Dragon Age: Inquisition & Shadow of Mordor (I'm more of a gamer, lol).

@raijinzero

How To Train Your Dragon 1:

A hapless young Viking who aspires to hunt dragons becomes the unlikely friend of a young dragon himself, and learns there may be more to the creatures than he assumed.

How to Train Your Dragon 2:

When Hiccup and Toothless discover an ice cave that is home to hundreds of new wild dragons and the mysterious Dragon Rider, the two friends find themselves at the center of a battle to protect the peace.

Eragon:

The story of a boy named Eragon finds a polished blue stone in the forest. At first, he thinks it's a lucky discovery, something that will bring meat to his poor family for the winter. Instead, it brings a dragon hatching, and Eragon is soon thrust into a world of magic and power through which he and the dragon must navigate. According to prophecy, Eragon is destined to be a dragon-rider like those who once protected a benevolent kingdom, thus reviving an ancient conflict against the army of King Galbatorix, a former dragon rider who turned to evil, now in alliance with a dark magic.

In Eragon the way the dragon and rider come together is the the dragon burns the riders hand leaving an intricate mark that brands the rider to the dragon.

@Kori Zanos

Thanks a bunches!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back