• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Help Group / Dice RPs

Seahomie

100% Pure Star Dust
I'm pretty new to this website and have some questions about group roleplays, dice, and hosted projects.

What are they and what can I expect if/when I join them? I feel very intimidated by the group roleplays because they seem so professional and well put together / instructed and I'm scared to join. I also don't know how to join exactly. I know this is subjective with every group, but they look so complicated. I just don't want to make a fool of myself.

With dice roleplays and hosted projects, I have no idea what I don't know. What are their basics and such?

Yeah,

I'm a noob, aha.

Hello ^^

Dice roleplays are normally either published tabletop roleplaying games or user created games involving a dice system.

Hosted projects are simply a roleplay that has a personal forum all to itself where threads are kept together.

Groups are roleplays with more than 2-3 players.

Does this answer your question?

Can anyone join the hosted projects or do you have to have a minimum number of postings and such?

Also, are these very complicated to join?

Can anyone join the hosted projects or do you have to have a minimum number of postings and such?

Also, are these very complicated to join?
Nope, only need to have a certain post amount to apply for one. But it’s up to the owner if they’re still open.

Complexity depends upon the roleplay itself.

This is going to be very... immature I suppose, but are they really as intimidating as they sound/look?

This is going to be very... immature I suppose, but are they really as intimidating as they sound/look?
Not at all! They are just like any other roleplay, but instead of linking the threads together at the top of each page, they have them all together in one place. But I will say that hosted projects are normally a bit more detailed and lore heavy then others.

Depends on the GM! Typically, they play like a slightly more organized roleplay, which in a complex game should make things easier for the players. :)

Do you know any links for a great "starter" hosted project/dice rp? Just to dip my toe in the water?

Do you know any links for a great "starter" hosted project/dice rp? Just to dip my toe in the water?
This is something you would need to find as "starter" is subjective. I would suggest determining the setting you are interested then check out the RPs/HPs that are open and accepting members. Review their requirements and other information and see if it's something you are able to fulfill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back