Grit's Multipurpose Recruitment Post (☠1x1☠18+only☠Fandom&Original☠Canon/OCxCanon/OC☠Optional art RP☠)

gritteeth

Sharp fangs, sharper quill
Hello, hello, and welcome to Grit's 1x1 roleplay recruitment post! Haphazardly thrown together, but full of heart! ...Or something along those lines. Maybe I'll learn how to use BBCode and make fancier posts later. For now, I just wanted to get myself out there.

I'm by no means new to roleplay, but I am new on RPNation, so there are some terms and site culture I may be unfamiliar with.

But experience is the best teacher, so... Here we go!

the lord of the rings GIF

RULES

• Ages 18 and up only. Make no mistake: I've seen kids in the roleplay sphere with talent that puts my writing skills to shame. It is not my intention to cause young creatives to feel excluded. Still, as an adult, I'm only comfortable roleplaying with other adults.
  • You are required to follow site rules. (No surprise there.)

• You must be a decent person IRL. We don't have to agree on everything, nor do I intend to drag you into debates, but there are things I won't compromise on. I have no interest in writing with racists, sexists, homophobes or transphobes. Characters can be awful as they want to be—within site rules, of course.
  • I'll write on the Forums, in the DMs, or on Discord. Whatever works best for you.
  • I don't expect perfect English. I'm a non-native speaker myself, forever stuck in the limbo of semi-literacy. My criteria for the writing skills of a roleplay partner are 1) I must be able to understand what they're trying to say 2) They have to be adding something for me to respond to, instead of their character(s) doing nothing but passively observing all the time. Reply length is irrelevant to me. We are not writing essays here—no need to pad out your text to meet specific word counts. Not that I have anything against longer replies. I tend to write a lot myself.
  • I'm a slow-ish writer, partially due to English being a second language for me. I also tend to take on a lot of roleplays at once. For the sake of fairness, I respond to messages in the order I've received them. If you see me online for a long time without replying to our roleplay, that's me writing to someone earlier in line—not me ignoring you. I usually respond 1-3 times a week. Definitely not daily,
  • Purists, gatekeepers and canon-thumpers begone! No, I do not remember the birth year of king Denethor's great-grandfather off the top of my head. Yes, I could check it from the wiki, but I don't really care. Do you really care?
  • I enjoy writing canon characters, as long as you let me add my own flavor. No-one is ever truly able to replicate the work of another—I'd rather lean into that and make a portrayal my own than fight an losing battle. Breaking canon is fun—whether it's in order to explore an alternate storyline, or simply for shits and giggles.
  • You are not required to agree with my headcanons outside of our roleplay, but will have to adhere to my view of a character when I'm the one portraying them. Likewise, I will adjust to any headcanon you may have about whoever you're writing—even if it directly clashes with canon.
  • If you dislike gay, bi or trans headcanons, I am not the writing partner for you.
  • Platonic and shipping are both alright. I'm not big on romance novels, but the intricacies of human emotion do interest me. No shipping minors with adults. (Unless it's a 19 and a 17-year old or something.)

• I assume we all know this site doesn't allow smut, but isn't PG-13 either. However, when it comes to underage characters, I'd rather not even imply our characters had sex at some point, no matter how vague.

• I write a lot of villains. Few stories, and fewer good ones, have no villains in them. I do basic research. It is never my intention to condone or encourage hurting anyone in real life. Still, I don't think a banner spelling out "This bad thing is bad! Don't try this at home!" should be necessary every time a character does something unsavory. If you believe creating fiction about awful things is somehow comparable to doing awful things in real life, we will not be compatible as friends or roleplayers—it is pointless to try.
  • I have no triggers, but will respect yours. Just because I'm an edgelord doesn't mean I want to drag you into anything you're uncomfortable writing.
  • Honestly, I don't mind you dropping threads. Or even ghosting. Though I don't do either myself. I don't lose sleep over the disappearance of one roleplay partner. (Unless I have a legitimate reason to worry for their well-being.) I get it: Life's a bitch. Roleplay is for fun. This isn't your job. (Or, if it is: How are you getting paid, and more importantly, how can I get in on it?) Don't be afraid to tell me when you're longer feeling a thread, and if you'd like to do something else instead.​

ABOUT ME

Grit. 24 yo. He/him. Loner. Cringelord. Horror enthusiast. Not big on talking about my personal life, though I don't mind listening to others talk about theirs.

Besides writing, my hobbies include drawing, making music, photography, visual novels and video games. (Big on Banished, Crusader Kings and other similar simulation games.)

NO-NOS

(Not triggers. There's no need to be careful about these topics around me. Just things I don't want to write, that's all.)

• Roleplaying as real people who are either currently alive or were alive less than 200 years ago.

• Realistic near-future dystopia or apocalyptic. (Think Black Mirror.) I'm feeling shitty enough about mankind's future as is. Unrealistic, such as a zombie apocalypse, is fine.

• Sci-fi in general, with the exception of fandoms I'm already into, and plots I suggest myself. I'm picky about sci-fi. I don't want to place the burden of convincing me on anyone, since I'm so likely to refuse. I'll make an exception to both this rule and the previous one for depressing mecha, though.

• Lovey-dovey daily life fluff ships, in excess. (Sure, it's what most of us want in real life, but in order to be entertained by a story, I need some conflict in it: Internal or external.)

YES-YESES

• Cults. (Fictional.)

• Serial killers. (FICTIONAL.)

• Creepy little towns.

• The paranormal, and monsters, such as ghosts, vampires or werewolves.

• Horror in general.

• Purple prose.

• Heroes (and villains) on horses. Knights, cowboys, whatever.

• Medieval. (Whether realistic or high/low fantasy.)

• Fight and battle scenes. Very much related to the above. Give me any excuse to insert a warhammer into the story and I'm sold.

• Streetraces.

• Mary Sues. Fight me. 1x1 roleplay isn't the same as a work of fiction made for a broader audience. As long as both writers are on board, of course you can be as self-indulgent as you want. Give me those overpowered characters loved by everyone you're afraid of putting anywhere else. It's very comfy for me—it reminds me of the roleplays me and my friends used to write as kids, blissfully unaware of the judgy side of the internet.

• Slow, less traditional plots focused on what the characters are feeling rather what's happening in the world around them.

• Artsy and surreal text.

• Vaguely related flashbacks, rambles about the color of the sky, extra detail in general.

• Realism set in the late 2000s or early 2010s. Bonus points if the story is about a band.

• Lovers-to-enemies-to-lovers.

• Stalkers.

FANDOMS

I also welcome OC x OC and original concepts!

I'm willing to play multiple roles, and would actually prefer being able to use more characters than one to at least move the story along when needed.

I'm always up for art roleplay.

You are free to play any character from the same fandom, an OC, or a crossover character.

In case it's shipping your interested in, I can find something to work with in most ships. I'm used to playing M in MxF, but have nothing against writing MxM, FxF or NB characters if that's more your style. Just ask first.

Bold text means: This character fits like a second skin. I've likely written them before, and could probably cite you their lore at the drop of a hat. With a bunch of headcanons as a cherry on top.

Neither bolded nor italicized text means: I'm comfortable enough portraying this character. They might've been featured in my roleplays before. I'm probably going to be checking Fandom wikia while writing to refresh my memory.

Italic text means: I am curious, but also apprehensive about writing this character. Perhaps I haven't finished all their content, or my memory is vague. Fandom wikia will be open in an another tab at all times.

• Ibuki

• Louis

• Riz

• Ken Ichijouji

• Koushiro "Izzy" Izumi

• Joe Kido

• Taichi "Tai" Yagami

• Willis

• Goku/Kakarot

• Vegeta

• Emperor Frieza

• Naraku

• Renkotsu

• Cyrus

• Giovanni

• Doctor Fuji (First movie canon)

• Professor Ivy

• Illusion Entei

• Mewtwo (First movie and it's direct sequel canon)

• Souichi Tomoe

• Haruka Tenoh

• Sirius Black

• Millicent Bulstrode

• Amycus Carrow

• Vincent Crabbe

• Barty Crouch Senior

• Barty Crouch Junior

• Cedric Diggory

• Dudley Dursley

• Albus Dumbledore

• Filius Flitwick

• Merope Gaunt

• Tom Riddle Senior

• Fenrir Greyback

• Rolanda Hooch

• Igor Karkaroff

• Viktor Krum

• Gilderoy Lockhart

• Lucius Malfoy

• Draco Malfoy

• Narcissa Malfoy

• Alastor "Mad-Eye" Moody

• Peter Pettigrew

• James Potter

• Harry Potter

• Severus Snape

• Kinglsey Shacklebolt

• Rufus Scrimgeour

• Myrtle "Moaning Myrtle" Warren

• Lord Voldemort/Tom Riddle

• Arthur Weasley

• Charlie Weasley

• Percy Weasley

• Blaise Zabini

• Boromir

• Denethor II

• Elrond

• Frodo

• Galadriel

• Gríma Wormtongue

• Théoden

• Saruman

• The Witch-King of Angmar

• Wilbur Whateley

• Christine Daaé

• Erik "The Phantom"

• The Persian

• Vicomte Raoul De Chagny

• Webber

• Wigfrid

• William "Maxwell" Carter

• Willow

• Wilson Higgsbury

• Wormwood

• WX-78

• Shadow the Hedgehog

• Demetrius

• Elliot

• Kent

• Morris

• Sebastian

• Shane

• The Great Prince of the Forest

• Trevor Belmont

• Carmilla

• Hector

• Isaac

• Striga

• Vlad Dracula Țepeș

• Elsa

• Hans

• Padraic Ratigan

• Hades

• Quasimodo

• Mufasa

• Nuka

• Sarabi

• Scar

• Vitani

• Zira

• Triton

• Ursula

• Facilier

• Naveen

• Pitch

• Nicholas St. North

• Miguel

• Tulio

• Tzekel-Kan

• Eris

• Kale

• Prince Proteus

• Sinbad

• Cecil Clayton

• Tarzan

• John Silver

• "Credence Barebone"

• Yusuf Kama

• Dominic Toretto

• Robert Baratheon

• Khal Drogo

• Viserys Targaryen

• Billy Loomis

• Baze Malbus
  • Chirrut Îmwe

• Emperor Sheev Palpatine

• Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker

• Kylo Ren/Ben Solo

• Gackpo Camui

• Luka Megurine

• MEIKO

• Jeff the Killer

PLOTS

Oh? You wanted some actual plot suggestions? Crap. I'm used to picking the characters first, and then negotiating a custom-made plot with the other writer.

Uh, lemme think...

Genre: Action/adventure
Setting: Medieval (fantasy or realistic)
Muse A is some sort of an important royal. They get kidnapped by Muse B, an outlaw, who intends to ransom them for money/a pardon/something more important, such as a family member, if this is a normally law-abiding character.

Genre: Psychological/supernatural horror
Setting: Modern "realistic"
Muse A moves into a house that is haunted by the ghost of Muse B.

Genre: Drama
Setting: High or low fantasy
A curse is placed upon Muse A and Muse B. For one to live, the other must die. Will either sacrfice themselves for the other? Who will be killed by whom? Is there any other character who might interfere to save one of them?

Genre: Drama, comedic
Setting: Realistic
Muse A has a loud neighbor: Muse B, who just started a band. When Muse A goes to make a noise complaint, Muse B instead offers for them to join this band. Will Muse A take up the offer, or refuse and try to return to their quiet life as their increasingly bothersome neighbor starts on the road to rockstardom?

Genre: Horror, suspense
Setting: Low fantasy
Muse A is regarded as a living reincarnation of a small cult's god. However, Muse A would very much just rather be a normal person instead. Having lived in isolation all their life, they plan an escape. Only to discover that once they reach *whatever age* they actually begin to present supernatural powers, like the cult said would happen. Muse A accidentally ends up seriously harming/killing someone they care about. Without the guidance of Crazy-Priest-McGee (Muse B) they run a serious risk of harming others in the future, and are thus forced to return to the cult's sphere of influence.

If you want to avoid the potentially awkward "So... Uhh... How about them ships?" part of plotting a roleplay, you can just fill out this questionnaire and send it to me.
  1. What should I call you? What pronouns do you use? (Feel free to include other info, such as age, hobbies or pets.)

2. Were you looking for a fandom-related roleplay, or an original world concept?

3. Would you rather I write an OC or a canon character? (If your answer was a canon character, which character(s) from my roster piqued your interest?)

4. What character(s) would you like to write? If it's an OC, feel free to dump any info you might already have on them.

5. Were you looking for a romantic ship, or are you more into platonic (or enemy) threads?

6. What tropes/genres are you feeling ATM? (Such as action, Hogwarts AU, adventure, friends-to-lovers, fantasy, realism, coffeeshop AU, romance, horror etc.)

7. Any triggers I should know about? (No need to go into details, if you don't wish to. One word is enough.)

8. Anything that doesn't qualify as a trigger that you wouldn't like in our roleplay?

9. Would you rather write on the forums, in the DMs, or on Discord? (If you answered Discord, please add your Discord ID here. Beep beep boop boop... I-I mean, I swear I'm not a spam bot!)

10. Did you have more specific ideas? (For example: "Muse A and Muse B duke it on the battlefield, but then Muse B falls in love with Muse A, and loses on purpose.")

Last edited:
I’m interested in something leading into a thriller horror, maybe even a bit of psychological with only a little of romance thrown in like a bit of spice. But I do want to focus on the horror aspect

Hey! Are you still interested in a Castlevania RP?

Users who are viewing this thread