• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern GRIT

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Silence rained on the table, goddammit Jonsi did you have to blurt things out like that Morgan thought. ”I think my friend here is not feeling very well”, Morgan said and did not have to lie for that, Jonsi looked even worse than usual. ” So please excuse his upfrontness as the ramblings of someone in dire need of rest.” After a second, Miss Maxwell seemed to catch herself somewhat. “ Ahh of course, how unperceptive of me Liana please prepare the guest room for Mister Hallæri Ines show Mister Grou were the bathroom is so he can help his friend to freshen himself up a little.”
Axeykins Axeykins

The color drained from his face. Leaving the young man a ghostly white as the voices around him became muffled, like his head was under water. Dammit why here why now? He knew exactly why yet it still frustrated him so. Gripping the nearest sharp object tight as possible he brought it up and slammed it hard down into the table. enough to make it stick straight up.
"Bathroom. Now....please." He snapped. Unintentionally of course. He was a desperate man running out of time. Er, out of time. "I need to...I don't..I...." At the very least he managed to shove himself away from the table with surprising speed. Sweat pouring down his forehead he stripped the loose scarf away from his neck as he doubled over as dinner reared it's ugly head again. All over the poor family's floor.
Jonsi reached out a shaky arm to grip the edge of the table for support as the room around him spun. He felt their eyes burning into him from every angle. Judging his every move with a piercing gaze. Oh God..could they see it too? That wretched monster inside. "Air. I need. Fresh air. Morgan please I need to go now." His tone grew increasingly destressed as he spoke in a hurried manner.
Welwordion Welwordion

Last edited:
"Hey fellas! You look like the hardy types we're lookin for." A badge laden stranger rode up upon the two men on horseback right outside the town. He'd been behind his troop headed through each town. Nailing notices to any post, board or whatever else could hold one as he went along. Oddly happy young lad. Obviously a greenhorn by the looks of and innocent enthusiasm about him.
"Not sure if you were there when the big boss made his announcement in town or if you'll see one a these wherever ya headed but take one. New policy bein enacted that may interest you in one way or another. If ya got any questions we'll be in this town for a while seein as it's bigger 'an most."
Soviet Panda Soviet Panda Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

Safety Hammer Safety Hammer FireMaiden FireMaiden

"You wouldn't be doing it alone," Bailey said with a smile, "I'd be coming along. Besides, you're gonna be a daddy, and I can't let you have all these bounty hunters be gunning for your ass. Makes life difficult for everyone now doesn't it?" She asked, just casually dropping a hint she was pregnant. Well, more like dropping the bomb that she is.
"W-what..?"
Tyr wasn't certain that he had correctly heard what she had said. See, he thought that she had just said that he was gonna be a father. Funny right? So he started to laugh. "Jesus, Mary and Joseph, you had me going there for a second, Bailey. I thought you said that I was gonna be a Daddy!" He said, chuckling.

"W-what..?"
Tyr wasn't certain that he had correctly heard what she had said. See, he thought that she had just said that he was gonna be a father. Funny right? So he started to laugh. "Jesus, Mary and Joseph, you had me going there for a second, Bailey. I thought you said that I was gonna be a Daddy!" He said, chuckling.
"I uh...I did say that Tyr, I'm pregnant," Bailey said, with a very serious tone. "I wouldn't be joking about something like this. So, I'll repeat myself. You're gonna be a daddy." She said this with a smile because she was very happy. You see, that what she wanted to talk to him about a few days ago but he blew her off for some reason she's forgotten about. "I'd uh, keep this away from the holy folk though, unmarried parents and all."

Morgan was standing besides Jonsi, who was gasping for air. Well that had been a spectacular way for the evening to end, he had thought it would do Jonsi some good to socialize with people, but the former bandit had crashed the evening so thoroughly it was like watching a comedy. Morgan chuckled to himself, to have a little bit self deprecating humor was healthy in his opinion. “Jonsi, Jonsi what am I supposed to do with you”, he whispered to himself. Aloud he said:” You want to weather the storm inside or call an end to the evening jonsi?”
Axeykins Axeykins

"Whichever one gets me closest to disappearing right now." The young man mumbled painfully. Sitting doubled over and gripping his stomach tightly as he leaned against the porch railing. The pain making stars explode in his eyes. He was a mess, everything was a disaster. The only good thing was the breeze bringing some form of relief and drying his sweat drenched face. "Help me get to the door. After getting this air 'n medicine and I'll be right as rain. Then outta your hair. Need to get out of here before the devil's man decides to try his hand at hunting me down and startin' another brawl again." Jonsi took in some deep breaths and pushed fully up onto his own two feet. Somehow. The boy was even paler than when he arrived. "I'll be back out in a minute alright? Going to ah, weather that storm inside for a moment. Gotta get my scarf." Bumping into everything along the way the young man fumbled his way back inside. Instantly feeling a wash of heat as embarrassment struck once more.
"I'm real sorry bout ruinin' your dinner...it was. *hurp* delicious and you're all so nice. I swear I'll pay ya back for it...and that knife in the table. Pay for whatever ya want or need, lifetime protection. Anything. You've got my sworn word and honor as rider of the four." He crossed his fingers over his heart. Wiping a dribble of blood from his nose.
Jonsi took two teetering steps trying to pick up his precious garment that was tossed to the floor before toppling over onto the lovely young woman who was seated next to him. Still grasping onto consciousness but far out of control of his body and limbs.
Welwordion Welwordion

Last edited:
To calm the family down after this was strenuous effort especially the mentioning of the four riders had caused some panic and Lianas husband was angry at the perceived endangering of his family. With a lot of effort from Morgan and Miss Maxwells decree that one has to abide to the rules of hospitality the grumbling man finally helped Morgan to haul Jonsi first into the bath to clean him up and then into the spare bed. Hopefully he would sleep long enough for the alcohol to get out of him. Morgan had not expected for Jonsi to deliver even more damage in the short period he reentered the house, but It seemed that whatever comedic god resided over Jonsi’s fate decided he had to prove morgan wrong. Morgan chuckled to himself, seriously atleast it was not boring with this guy.
As there was no other spare bed Morgan heavy heartedly decided to sleep at home and hope he would return before Jonsi woke.
Morgan had directly went to his room without speaking to enrico, so it was not until the next morning he heard about the new politic. Morgan promptly became truly awake, this politic was a chance but it also painted a target onto Jonsi who still had no idea about it. Colorfully cursing he crossed through the saloon barely registering the new faces in the crowd in his attempt to get as fast as possible to Miss Maxwell's house. ‘Damn Jonsi you are really a bunch of trouble’.

Axeykins Axeykins and sorry for everyone in the saloon that still waiting for interaction.

"I uh...I did say that Tyr, I'm pregnant," Bailey said, with a very serious tone. "I wouldn't be joking about something like this. So, I'll repeat myself. You're gonna be a daddy." She said this with a smile because she was very happy. You see, that what she wanted to talk to him about a few days ago but he blew her off for some reason she's forgotten about. "I'd uh, keep this away from the holy folk though, unmarried parents and all."
Tyr's heart sank when he heard the news, and responded by downing the rest of his drink in one single gulp. "Oh jeez, Bailey... What are we gonna do..?" He asked, sounding distressed.
"A kid can't have an outlaw for a' father."

Tyr's heart sank when he heard the news, and responded by downing the rest of his drink in one single gulp. "Oh jeez, Bailey... What are we gonna do..?" He asked, sounding distressed.
"A kid can't have an outlaw for a' father."
"You don't listen real well do you?" Baikey asked with a cocked eyebrow. "If you take out one of them bounties, yours will be cleared. That means you won't be an outlaw anymore," She said, taking his hand. "It'll be a...challange sure, but if we can pull it off, then we'll be set." She paused once more, giving him a kiss on the cheek, "It'll be okay."

"Waddya mean pack up and leave town soon as possible!? The opportunity is right There within our grasp!" A very drunken man hissed loudly to his slightly less drunken cohort across a table towards the front of the Saloon.
"Unlike you, I ain't got no damn death wish. There are smaller fry we can nab and wrack up a good amount for ourselves." The other man responded gruffly.
"But there 're two of em!! Two of those Four Rider bastards sittin in here in plain sight a while ago and you know they ain't got far round here! There's nowhere for em to go that fast. Think a the reward from that! And when someone that big is around you know others will rear their ugly heads soon!"
"I can't get past the image of us splattered everywhere. You can go try all ya like but I am out on that one. No way in Hell you're changing my mind either."
The other protested loudly but to his dismay his pal want budging. "Fine....dammit. But it's your loss. Piano man got that One's fire hand and the other looked bout ready to keel over any moment. I'm gonna take full advantage of this!"
"You have fun with that. I'm gonna stick to clearing out those bandit dens few miles out in the wastes. Not as big of a reward but enough to keep a man and his kin happy for a looong long time
Safety Hammer Safety Hammer FireMaiden FireMaiden FTR FTR Moolock Moolock JR McCormick JR McCormick

Last edited:
To calm the family down after this was strenuous effort especially the mentioning of the four riders had caused some panic and Lianas husband was angry at the perceived endangering of his family. With a lot of effort from Morgan and Miss Maxwells decree that one has to abide to the rules of hospitality the grumbling man finally helped Morgan to haul Jonsi first into the bath to clean him up and then into the spare bed. Hopefully he would sleep long enough for the alcohol to get out of him. Morgan had not expected for Jonsi to deliver even more damage in the short period he reentered the house, but It seemed that whatever comedic god resided over Jonsi’s fate decided he had to prove morgan wrong. Morgan chuckled to himself, seriously atleast it was not boring with this guy.
As there was no other spare bed Morgan heavy heartedly decided to sleep at home and hope he would return before Jonsi woke.
Morgan had directly went to his room without speaking to enrico, so it was not until the next morning he heard about the new politic. Morgan promptly became truly awake, this politic was a chance but it also painted a target onto Jonsi who still had no idea about it. Colorfully cursing he crossed through the saloon barely registering the new faces in the crowd in his attempt to get as fast as possible to Miss Maxwell's house. ‘Damn Jonsi you are really a bunch of trouble’.

Axeykins Axeykins and sorry for everyone in the saloon that still waiting for interaction.

It all felt like a fever dream to Jonsi. Maybe it was? Gods above if they existed how he wished it was only that. As per usual though fate had other ideas. He protested through all of the washing up but soon as they set him in bed the young man sunk into like a rock. It had been ages since he'd slept in the comfort of a bed rather than a bunch of blankets, grasses and old pillows.
As dawn approached he finally stirred. Feeling like absolute trash. Heaving into a bin provided by his bed at night just in case and drenched in sweat.
Half dead he rolled out of the bed. Stripping down to nothing but his bottoms and wrapping his scarf tightly around his neck he crept out of the room. Being particularly cautious as he snuck around the house and out one of the windows. By his logic it was quieter than trying to open and shut the heavy wooden door at this hour. Causing more unrest in the household than there was last night with the antics that occurred.
With some miracle of effort he got himself up onto the roof. Flopping down with a sigh and staring up at the stars slowly waning in the soft pink and orange glow of morning. The cool air feeling wonderful on his skin. It wouldn't last terribly long but it was a much needed remedy for a hangover and his illness.
Welwordion Welwordion

The old man doesn't to mind anything right now. He has no words for the wounded stranger. He used his non mechanical hand to grab the man gently. He pulled them up slowly to a pace that they can keep up with. Again his steampunk arm released a small puff of steam. Soviet Panda Soviet Panda

As Morgan tried to make his way towards Jonsi he noticed that someone was trailing him. ‘Hmm, basic level of competency but not that good and with Morgan’s sensitive hearing the person was even easier to notice, probably some wannabe outlaw hunter. Morgan changed his course and considered if he just should try to lose his pursuer, but decided it was better to check on any potential dangers or atleast admonish any foolish young person trying to throw their life away because they overestimated their abilities. Cutting a corner he himself stealthily drew himself on a balcony lying flat enough so he could not be seen, while he let his horse trot on as to not warn his pursuer to any change. When the rider rounded the corner Morgan took a good look through a gap in the railing, a young black haired fellow with his weapon on his right side rounded the corner, he prepared two knives in both his hands and when the rider was almost under the balcony he set his plan in motion. Morgan first knife passed close by the horses face, as the horse spooked and the rider had to keep his balance he jumped him and held the knife to the guys throat. Inwardly morgan breathed a sigh of relief, if the horse had not spooked he would have thrown the second knife into the riders gun belt shortly above the gun, but he prefered to not always injure people in their legs or hand. “Now Let us have a chat Mister ...?”
Axeykins Axeykins

"You don't listen real well do you?" Baikey asked with a cocked eyebrow. "If you take out one of them bounties, yours will be cleared. That means you won't be an outlaw anymore," She said, taking his hand. "It'll be a...challange sure, but if we can pull it off, then we'll be set." She paused once more, giving him a kiss on the cheek, "It'll be okay."
(You pick the most inopportune times, I swear.)
"Do you really think it'll be safe enough? You... the baby could get hurt.." He said, placing a hand on her tummy. "I worry about you even when I'm on the ranch. I don't know what I would do if I lost you, let alone lose the baby. Are you sure you want to come..?" He returned the kiss with one from his lips.

(You pick the most inopportune times, I swear.)
"Do you really think it'll be safe enough? You... the baby could get hurt.." He said, placing a hand on her tummy. "I worry about you even when I'm on the ranch. I don't know what I would do if I lost you, let alone lose the baby. Are you sure you want to come..?" He returned the kiss with one from his lips.
"Tyr, I can handle myself. This won't be the first time I've done something like this with a kid. You remember when I left about two years ago? My sister got herself into trouble, got in a gun with her baby on my hip." She put her hand over his, "We'll be okay."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back