• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern GRIT

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
"You've got no damn reason to shoot me Connor." Jonsi stated coldy as he pushed himself up from the barstool. Watching his hand move towareds the revolver with a great amount of caution. He was so focused on it that the sudden thunk of a knife being tossed towards his ex-teammate damn near made his heart stop.
"There will be no need to take this outside because it will end now before anything starts." He turned his cold glare to Conner. "I am not gonna let you continue this Conner. Leave me alone...I'm tired, in pain and you ain't got a reason to still be on my ass. I left and that's that. You should have listened to the others. "
Soviet Panda Soviet Panda Welwordion Welwordion

Last edited:
Tyr O'Connor

Tyr simply tipped his hat towards the priest, before directing his attention towards Bailey. He put a gentle arm around the madame, and smiled down at her. "Long time no see, Miss Bailey. Would you possibly have my old room? It's a bit too cold to be sleeping in the tool shed tonight. Perhaps it would be warmer in your company?" The ranch hand asked with a genuine smile.
FireMaiden FireMaiden Nomad_Queen Nomad_Queen

Bailey Powell
Smiling between the two, She chuckled softly, "Well, if I'm buying for both of you, I'll just go broke," she said. But with her arm still linked with the preacher, she felt Tyr's arm wrap around her, so her own dropped from Mr.Murdock's. Bailey chuckled again softly at his comment, "So a week is a long time?" She asked with a cocked eyebrow. "I may have a room you can use, but we need to talk." Nomad_Queen Nomad_Queen Safety Hammer Safety Hammer

Mathew Murdock
Mathew smiled as the two as bailey unlinked her arm from his he didn't mind and
started to walk back through the dusty sandy road towards the saloon while still looking at the two "In any case, we can stand here talking about it or go get a drink!" he said turning around doing a complete 180 heading towards the saloon Mathew wondered to himself if any of the good booze was left while he started to slowly whistle one of his church hymns.
FireMaiden FireMaiden Safety Hammer Safety Hammer

Connor felt something hit his hand and scrape against his hip. Looking down to see what it was, he sees a knife handle protruding from his hand. And then the pain hit. Screaming bloody murder and cursing up a storm, he yanks the knife out with his off hand, causing him to bleed even more, and wrap his bloody hand in his shirt to stop the bleeding. His stare was all that was needed to convey the anger he had, at both Jonsi and now the piano man. Normally a knife wouldn't have stopped him. But he had hit his good shooting hand, leaving his off hand. And though he was still a good shot with his off hand, it would probably take that split second to long and another knife would sprout from him.

"This ain't over, Famine. Not by a longshot." Connor said before leaving, giving the bartender and piano man a look that promised his return, quite possibly with a torch and wanting a nice fire to warm him. Kicking open the door, he pulls out his revolver with his off hand and shoots out the post that Stepper was tied to, not wanting to try and untie the knots he had tied, with two hands, with just his one. Climbing onto Stepper, who could feel his rider's intention of riding and riding hard, and spurred him into a gallop.

He barreled out of the small town, not caring who was or wasn't in his path, nearly trampling a small party as they loitered in the formerly empty streets. He needed to get somewhere where he could get patched up in peace. Rip up one of his shirts, wrap his hand, splash some water or perhaps alcohol.... "GODS DAMN IT!!" He shouted, Stepper taking that as his cue to go faster, as he realized he hadn't been able to pick up what he had originally gone into town to get. This only served to further fuel his rage. Oh how he wanted there to be another group of bounty hunters that thought they were the shit and would be the ones to stop him. He needed to vent.

"Famine? I don't even know who the Hell you're talking about." Jonsi stuttered. Feeling all of the eyes in the room suddenly fall upon him. The young man shifted uncomfortably back and forth. His heart racing as he glanced from the piano man to the bartender. "Wh-what a loon eh? Thinkin he can fire off his mouth like that here...ah...look. I'm sorry bout that. Win a few games a poker against a man like that and he starts hatin ya. Makin up all sorts of lies and tall tales. He ain't no threat though. Trust me." Jonsi slowly backed up into his seat again. "I'll take my tab now if ya will and pay for a round a drinks for the the troubles." He spoke as steadily as possible while shaking like leaf. Soon as he paid he was out. Least from this building and by the shit luck he was having and threats from Conner. Why'd he always have to be like a goddamn bull wherever he went? Now The whole town would be peaking in here. No matter the case though, the gunsmith or whoever was close enough to it around here was the next best stop.
Soviet Panda Soviet Panda Welwordion Welwordion JR McCormick JR McCormick Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

"Looks like he was here....poor sunovabitch didn't stand a chance against him did they? Course he was probably stupid anyways and took him head on." A hunter hopped from their horse to inspect the long blood trail leading to a highly mangled body. Judging by the direction, the sick bastard responsible for this was headed to town. "Come on fellas! Our best bet is this way. Unlike the motley crew we saw torn up back there I'm bettin there's no doubt we can take on the Devil's man or at least slow him down....long as y'all don't get a case of the stupids and attack him head on. Understand?"
Soviet Panda Soviet Panda

Morgan left his place on the piano and walked over to enrico , his brow furrowed and looking at the bartenders paled face. “The four riders Morgan, if that walking dynamite stick said the truth two of the goddamn four riders walked in right Now.” Morgan nodded “ I also don’t quite buy that fellow’s ‘don’t worry about him’ .” Enrico poured himself with slightly shaky hands a drink and gulped it down immediately. A period of silence followed both contemplating their worries until Morgan at last broke the silence.” That famine guy, before you heard who he is supposed to be what was your impression of him?”” Well I thought he was a decent guy, who tried too hard to be tough, but if that's famine my instinct seems to be worth shit.” Morgan’s brown furrowed a little. “Maybe, but my gut feeling tells me something similar. You remember what they actually talked about? That he left the gang. And the way the guy became flustered when found out, felt like a guy running from his past to me.” Enrico mustered Morgan:” You got that glint in your eyes” “The same you had before selling the saloon and running of with a girl from the wasteland, a look saying you have some stupid idea.””Hey marrying Annika was the goddamn best decision of my life not a stupid idea.” “Hah pure coincidence. So are you telling me what your noggin came up with.” “ Well...

Jonsi shuffled his way up behind the bar tender. Looked like there was finally a break in his conversation so he took the moment to speak to him again.
Gently putting a hand on the man's shoulder he leaned over and plopped a hefty little satchel gold in front of him.
"I gotta leave real quick, get some things done before nightfall y'know?...Sorry again bout that. Hope this covers the cost of food, drinks, info and an apology. If you need any more or perhaps a favor at some point I'm more than happy to comply" He gave the man a weak pat on the back as well as giving the piano man a weary gaze. He didn't trust someone so quick and good with a knife. "You can probably expect me back real soon though. Ya got some of the best food I've had in a while." He chuckled as he walked away. His head turning towards the sound of panicked whinnying outside. Dammit...last thing he needed now.
Soon as he stepped foot outside he saw the blasted up post no thanks to Conner and his temper and his horse stomping her way down the road. "Pepita!! Just where do you think you're going? You get back here!" He whistled loudly after the beast. Picking up his pace to a slow jog to try and catch her. Only to pathetically lose his breath after a few feet.
Welwordion Welwordion

Last edited:
Bailey Powell
"You make an excellent point Mr.Murdock," Bailey chuckled when he suggest tjeyvgo on in. But a gunshot and a rather pained screams stopped her. Was it a good idea to go in just yet? With a sigh, shendecised it didn't really matter much. "Come in Tyr, drinks await." Nomad_Queen Nomad_Queen Safety Hammer Safety Hammer

Bailey Powell
"You make an excellent point Mr.Murdock," Bailey chuckled when he suggest tjeyvgo on in. But a gunshot and a rather pained screams stopped her. Was it a good idea to go in just yet? With a sigh, shendecised it didn't really matter much. "Come in Tyr, drinks await." Nomad_Queen Nomad_Queen Safety Hammer Safety Hammer
Tyr O'Connor
The ranch hand walked into the brothel/saloon and took a deep breath. The smell of hard liquor and perfume filled the air, bringing the old highwayman back to the days of his youth. But he had given up his life of crime years ago. At one time, his nickname used to strike terror in the hearts of many. He and his old gang were feared and idolized to the point of legend. But like Tyr had said, the past was the past.

Sitting on a leather seated stool, he smiled at the bartender and ordered some food as well as a drink.

Bailey Powell
Bailey entered after him, hoping that Murdock would follow after them. Ignoring the commotion, she easily weaved her way through, and sat down beside Tyr. Like him, she ordered some food, and a water. Not her usual of scotch or whiskey. Which, seeing as she was heavy drinker, it may have been a little odd. She leaned forward on the bar, using her elbow as a support for her cheek, her head turned so she could look at Tyr. "How was your day?" The small woman asked. Safety Hammer Safety Hammer Nomad_Queen Nomad_Queen

Slowly Morgan followed after the thin man outside the saloon and watched the guy run after his horse, which was admittedly quite funny, before he petted his own horse named rosie and got into the saddle. Riding up to the guy he looked in the direction of the dust cloud left behind by the animal. “You want to get on and get your horse or would that ruin your plans for a long stroll? Name is morgan by the way.”

Axeykins Axeykins Sorry that this took so long

Jonsi stood doubled over, hands on knees for support and panting heavily as his horse made her way outside of town.
When the stranger rose up to him and offered a helping hand he stared up at him flabbergasted and exhausted. It was the man from the bar again...mr. knives. Why was this guy following him? And offering help on top of that. It screamed strange in his mind. But, at the same time he was desperate. Without Pepita he was helpless anywhere he went. Slower, barely able to even walk at times and no way in Hell he could even carry enough supplies for just himself to make It anywhere.
Shoving himself back to an upright position he looked to the man, Morgan as he had just stated and nodded. "Name's Jonsi. Think I'll take that ride. I don't got the time or energy to wait for her to come back or take a long walk to fetch her."
Welwordion Welwordion (it's alright!)

We rode along, while I patiently waited if jonsi would crack under the silence, sometimes that is the better way to get people to talk to make their own curiosity and worry dig at the barriers they erect between themselves and others. So far my luck was not commendable, but I had time and I had patience, both worked in my favor.
Axeykins Axeykins

It was so quiet. too quiet. Why wasn't this guy talking or somethin? He wasn't all that talkative of a fellow himself but this was weird. Too weird. He couldn't stand it. He shifted uncomfortably on the horse. Clicking his tongue as he worked on forming proper sentences. "Sooo...Mr. piano man and knife expert. Just what sort of craziness wormed itself into your mind that caused you to help a complete stranger? Not to mention one that ya followed out of a saloon after that small scuffle happened to go down in moments before?"
Welwordion Welwordion

Morgan smiled internally."I guess you could say I have nothing better to do, besides, you seen many bad guys polite to bartenders?" He looked towards jonsi and grinning in a slightly challenging way.
Axeykins Axeykins

His pale blue eyes instantly shot up and locked on to this guy's face."Only the smart ones who don't want their head blown off on sight or avoiding bein bothered too much." He challenged back with a brief yet sharp change in his tone. "Or one could chock it up to being too tired and done with bullshit excuses to care too. You're choice in which one to believe, right?"

Morgan just nodded as if he had ascertained something to himself, and then turned to the front. "Well for now lets see if you are the kind of guy that is good with his horse." He pointed in front where jonsi's horse was considerable closer already.
Axeykins Axeykins

Last edited:
Connor blitzed through the desert, slowing just enough so he could dump a little water on his wound and wrap it up before once more picking up the pace. He needed a plan now. He knew where Jonsi was, or where he had been, and now he had a grudge to settle with that piano man. Jonsi he could track easy enough, a man wearing bones in town could only be one of two things. A noble savage, or Jonsi.

As he rode across the desert, he saw a lone man on a horse slowly plodding along. He could see the bulge that an early mechanical arm left, and wondered how the man had got that. Especially when, as he got closer, he saw how old the man was. 'Now what do we have here?' he thought to himself as he got even closer. Reigning in Stepper, he stops a distance away from the old man.

"Now what brings and old man like you out here?" he asked, not trying to start anything (yet). But maybe his voice, having simply been angry for so long, made him come off as trying to start something. He didn't know, it sounded like his voice to him.

(( Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre ))

"Ah! I hope so too, she can be a real stubborn one." He let loose a loud, sharp whistle. The horse turned around to stare at him and the strange man her master was riding with. She gave a snort and trotted away farther, turned around once more and stomped a hoof in defiance. "Pepita, come on girl. There's nothin more to fuss about. That hot headed sonuvabitch is long gone by now. It's gonna be alright." He made kissing noises towards the beast. Taking a handful of old crumbled up sugar cubes from his pocket to slowly coax her over. "Come on babygirl I need ya real bad..."
Welwordion Welwordion

“You know, the last time I heard someone sweet talk like that, was when my annika was still alive and I forgot or wedding day. So my experienced advice is to get on your knees and tell her what an idiot you are, worked for me atleast.” Morgan told jonsi with a serious expression, which however was betrayed by a twinkle in his eyes.

"What?? What is wrong with..it's nothin like that...ah." Jonsi's face turned about as red as his shirt. "Er, I think that'd more earn me a kick to the head again and I ain't too fond of those." He rubbed the side of his head as the mere thought of an iron clad hoof made his head hurt. " I think her favorite treat'll work just fine." He clicked his tongue against his teeth softly as the mare gradually edged closer to them. She was weary of the newcomer. Thankfully the temptation of her favorite treat was too much to pass up. "That's it. Good girl...Can ya move a bit closer. I think she'll stay still enough to grab the reins and we can get outta here quick."
Welwordion Welwordion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back