• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern GRIT

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
(Alright, think it's a good time for a skip of sorts to another event!)

All across the Wastes the sky lit up with a blinding light never seen before. A giant fiery ball streaked across the sky, preceded by a series of earth shattering booms all along it's path. It headed in the direction of the Spine. Where it collided with a gigantic explosion. Burning all it touched and hurling huge clouds of rock, dust and ash into the air. Setting a chunk of the mountains ablaze and shaking the ground for miles upon miles around. Leaving a bright glow in the distance as fires grew and the object burned brightly from it's reentry into this world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What....what in the goddamn Hell was that? Jonsi shakily lifted his head from the ground. Vision blurry but improving at least. Always a good sign, least he wasn't blind. His ears on the other hand? He could barely hear anything with the wicked ringing going off in em. So bad it was giving him a headache so bad he swore someone had to be taking a pickax to his skull. Didn't help that still bein so frail and recovering it hit him real hard. He couldn't even remember where he was or what was happening mere moments ago
All he knew or could gather was everyone around was shaken, windows broken and blown out of every single building. Horses everywhere freaking out, not a single hint of wildlife stirring. All anyone knew was there was some strange big ol' fiery streak across the sky coupled with several earth shattering booms. The loudest coming from the direction of the Spine, that one...well. It was followed by the earth shakin' as well. Something the likes of which nobody alive now had ever felt or seen. He coulda sworn it was the end of the world. That was a thought that hadn't crossed his mind in a long ass time but whatever that was surely shook some of the old faith out of him.

Soviet Panda Soviet Panda Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters- Welwordion Welwordion DanniGage DanniGage FTR FTR Moolock Moolock

Last edited:
"Well what do we got here?" A low growl rumbled through the chaos and noise. Garris sneered as he glanced down at an old time 'friend's. He wasn't swayed by a single happening around him. None of it mattered compared to this opportunity. "I'd recognize that frilly blue scarf an disgrace of a uniform from miles away. Famine." He took great joy in seeing him writhe as he picked the man up via the scarf. "Damn, look more like your namesake now don't ya? Karma's a real bitch." He let loose a staunch chuckle. Swinging the thin man around like a rag doll."So. Where's the rest a your posse eh? Gonna tell me this time bucko?Plague, Death. War? Don't be shy now, lil ol me won't bite, not too hard."

Soviet Panda Soviet Panda Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters- @DanniGage FTR FTR Moolock Moolock Welwordion Welwordion
DanniGage DanniGage

"Don't you be roughin' up my bounty, lawman." Connor said, shakily walking forward. "Bah, I was gonna get him to ya anyways." he continued before stopping and steadying himself on a wall. "Actually, give him back, I want to burn this place to the ground. Then I'll give him to you." He was shaking the rumbling out of his head, and slowly but surely the world was standing still. The rest of his posse, however, were not fairing as well. The boy was doing the best out of the lot, but that wasn't saying much since that simply meant he was curled into a ball with his hands over his ears. Well, at least he hadn't been knocked on his ass like almost everyone else had.

"Heh. Well if it ain't the elusive Devil's Man himself." Garris turned his cold stare to Connor. Eying him up and down, it was strange seeing two of the Riders in one place. Or at all, ever since they all up and vanished. He was the one hunting them the most yet never heard more than rumors about them still being alive. Mostly, seeing as one was in a real sad state now. Almost made him feel pity for the poor soul. Almost. "So let me get this straight. You, mr. War. One of the Four Riders who did damn near everything together, is gonna turn your own in?" He laughed mockingly. Dangling the sorry looking frail man in front of him tantalizingly. "I'd love to hear the story on that one, It'd be a great laugh I bet. but no way in Hell I'm even givin you the chance on this one. Not after all you've done. Once I'm done gettin this one wrangled and on his way to pay his dues I'm comin after you." He drew his gun and pointed it square at Connor. Teasing the idea of taking him on right then and there. "What do you think Devil's Man? Think you still got the same spunk after all this time?"

Jonsi kicked and struggled against the grip of the lawman. Trying to get at an angle where he could wiggle out easily or get a solid kick right where the sun don't shine or square in the gut in, but to no avail. He couldn't move too well with stitches still in his stomach. Unless he wanted to start bleeding out again all over the place. Not exactly a good plan while trying to heal. But it was a far more preferred alternative to getting caught as the meat shield if these two got into an altercation. Gathering all the might he could muster up Jonsi gave a solid kick to Garris's leg and swung at an angle that slid him right out of the scarf to freedom. Right onto his ass on the ground.

Soviet Panda Soviet Panda

Last edited:
Fran watched as her son packed his clothes through the door way his wives standing a few feet behind her Fran looked up, "God out all of the sons you could have given me? Why this one?" the boy stopped at the sound of his mother's voice turning to face her. "Isn't this what you wanted? If I remember clearly you said you don't want a criminal in your house." Before Fran could respond, Tim's first wife, Dasha barged in front of her smacking her into a wall. "Oh, Tim I'm sure she didn't mean that!" Fran still recovering from the attack arched down grabbing her shoe and throwing it at the woman. "No I did my only problem is he's going to leave the THREE little PIGS with me!"

Dasha turned around going in to attack Fran but was held down by the other two wives. Ignoring her Fran walked over to her son, "The last time you left I let you go because I thought to myself 'Fran let him go it's better that your son is miles away and safe then laying in a grave next to his father.'" Tim looked motionlessly into his mother's eyes, "I managed to convince the authorities that you weren't my son but don't think they're stupid-"

Tim clicked his tongue before his mother could finish and picking up his sack he opened the door his mother following shortly after. "what about your newborn thats going to come are you going to abandon hi-" Distracted by her words her son just stood their halfway through the door. It's only then she notices the bright lights that were flashing up in the sky followed by booming noises. "Ahhh its them they have come to kill us all." A loud screech echoed in Fran's ears Sara the second wife was screaming in a panic. Fran mumbled underneath her breath, "Please god kill her. Let one of those bombs land on all three. Show me mercy."

Without a moment to spare Tim ran up to the commotion outside, "Gar bear! What's going on!?" He shouted at the officer. Fran turned to Dasha motioning towards her poor excuse for a son, "your husbands a dead man good luck raising the child you don't know me, and I don't know you." Dasha rolled her eyes pushing Fran towards her son. Fran walked up to the officer noticing the devil himself was there, "Do you see that that's a real criminal." she said whispering to her son which he took it upon himself to ignore his mother's insult. Turning to the devil, "Fancy seeing you here. This is probably your doing haha it's not the first time we see your face, and a disaster happens." she said flatly laughing.

Turning to face the officer she could help but notice the boy on the floor who before used to be in the officer's arms, "Why are you guys bullying this man?" she said kneeling to try and pull him back up. Once she managed to do so, she looked at the officer, "Look at his arms." Fran said waving the skinny mans arms around in front of Garris's face, "He's a twig I'm scared if I let go of his hand his legs won't be able to hold all 206 of his bones-" Tim pushed his mother aside motioning for her to stop talking.

Axeykins Axeykins Soviet Panda Soviet Panda

Last edited:
Magdalena May

Stay a night at the little inn at Fort Drake after turning in the small bounty she had caught a few days ago (she opted for dead, they put up less of a fight on the way to the authorities), and in the morning see if she could pick up another. It was going to be a simple day. It was supposed to be a simple day.
Magdalena was taking a short walk to the sheriff's building to see if there were any significant bounties to track. And suddenly the sky split apart, blindingly bright, deafeningly loud.
‘What in the—’
She didn’t get a chance to finish before the earth decided to try and rend itself apart. Magdalena was thrown onto her knees among the shards of shattered windows.
‘What in the hell?’
The sound of that thing colliding with the ground—the Spine, it looked like—left May’s ears ringing. She couldn’t hear the screaming that she assumed was probably there, couldn’t even hear her own voice. She wasn’t one to be easily shaken, but an earthquake like that certainly did the job.
After a few minutes of recovery, Magdalena stood up and brushed herself off with shaky hands. She continued toward the sheriff’s building, on the way passing a quarrel that included the lawman himself. Didn’t look like her business.
She wrestled for a moment with the slightly damaged door, but with a heavy creak, stepped through to take stock of available bounties. Her hand fidgeted with the strap of her rifle.
But suddenly Magdalena paused. She detached she scope from the rifle on her back as she went to the window, braced her elbows on the sill, and looked back out at the dispute.
What the hell indeed.
She reattached the scope and marched back outside, stopping a few yards away, at the moment just watching. Her fingers twitched, prepared to use the hidden blade up her sleeve if necessary.

Last edited:
"It is a pretty damn good story," Connor admitted, drawing one of his two revolvers. "And you forgot something. One, you're outnumbered and outgunned. And two, I want him on the end of a noose just like you. I just happen to also want you and every other lawman off my ass." Here he looked the law man dead in the eyes, not a trace of fear in either's. "You ain't gonna kill me. Even if you think I'm dead, I won't be. I made a deal to see him dancing like a puppet on the end of his string. And he looks awfully alive to me."

"Gar bear?" Connor asked, snorting his amusement at about the same time Jonsi found his way out of the lawman's grip and into that of some strange woman that obviously didn't know to mind her own business. Oh well, another death on his hands would add little weight to his conscious. Not after all he's done just to get this opportunity. Almost without thinking, he fired off a shot and ran for cover. "Don't just stand there you damn morons! Fire!" He shouted at his impromptu posse, encouraging them to take up their guns (originally meant to be pointing at him) and begin firing at the gathering around Famine. "Don't hit Famine! I want him alive!"
Axeykins Axeykins D U H D U H Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101

"I'm going to see you all hung by the neck Connor. Gonna see it long before you can even try to get that deal the capital's set up. May have had to deliver their message but I sure as Hell ain't gonna let scum like you get a second chance. I've seen what you did. Every single bit of it. You don't deserve anything but suffering and death." Garris tossed the now empty scarf to the wayside to draw his other gun. Taking a more aggressive stance. Looking at the group who were following War around like loyal dogs. Real young bunch, but he didn't care. They picked their side clearly in his eyes. Giving him no hesitation in returning fire without remorse for where he hit or who he hit. He gave the woman who intervened a harsh glare. "It's Officer Garris to you woman. and I don't wanna hear it." He pushed her behind him. "He's a criminal like all the rest here and I'll be damned he is gonna get his due as well. I'll hang him myself by his own scarf if I have to. Along side this whole lot!" He swept his gun across the group. Firing at random.

"Get me outta here, he ain't gonna listen Miss. Believe me. Dealt with em before and there's no chance." Jonsi pulled his arms away from her. Much as he appreciated the intervention, he didn't like his arms waved about like some rag doll. Made him feel...weak. Weaker than he already felt. He leaned in real close and to whisper into her ear. "Come on! While they got their hands full showin down let's skedaddle. Those kids can't hit the broad side of a barn if they tried. Definitely not while up against the lawman."
Soviet Panda Soviet Panda D U H D U H

Fran stood there in shock, "Woman...woman, I'll show you who's a woman-" before Fran could attack she was pushed aside by the officer, "Hang him! Don't say that in front him. Don't listen to him you have a very nice scarf that belongs to a very nice neck..." Fran held her own neck remembering the consequences of harboring a murder. Turning to the scrawny man next to her, "What did you do?!" she yelled at him more in frustration rather than anger "What could someone like you do? Oh sorry, no offense but really I could beat you up right now..." shaking her head she tapped the guy's shoulder, "Aww doesn't worry I don't know when you've dealt with them before but Officer g- whatever his name is very justice driven despite his many...many flaws. He values justice above all else and he would hurt an innocent man. I think. So if you didn't do anything you shouldn't be scared. Plus if you run now then it will look like your guilty."
Fran's son glared at his mother taking out his gun, "What are you doing? Are you stupid? He's with them!" Fran was going to ignore her son like always if it wasn't for the gun he took out causing her eyes to bulge out. "What are you doing? WHERE did you get that from?" the boy checked it the gun was working before telling his mother, "I'm going to help out." and with that, he left. "My sons going to get himself killed.... again."

Pulling up her sleeves she pushed the scrawny boy in front of her taking him with her, "let's go talk to him. By the way, are you hungry?" saying this she turned to the officer who was firing, "Officer Gravy you remember me the woman? You look nice today...uh I think you have the wrong guy. You are being very rash and accusing someone innocent. He just got caught in the fight. Also how long will the fight take because it's almost dinner time and you know I have three pigs to feed."
Axeykins Axeykins Soviet Panda Soviet Panda Spazzycat101 Spazzycat101 ShotOfDepresso ShotOfDepresso

"Oh!...oh. Okay? Um." Jonsi's head spun as he tried to keep up with what the woman was saying. He could keep up on most of it, sort of? His head was still out of sorts after the explosion. His face contorted as he heard her still trying to reason with Garris. "Hey now, let's just leave im alone okay? Get outta the crossfire an he seems in a right foul mood today along with War over there. I'd rather you not get hit ma'am. You seem so nice." He smiled nervously. Trying to play up his 'innocence'. Least to someone he was...well..now that he looked like the shadow of his old wanted poster image and barely any had been updated yet in this half of the continent. If he still believed in whatever Gods existed out there he woulda claimed divine blessing in that. Had to be close to it seein how horrific his crimes of the past were.

"After we fetch your boy an keep him from gettin himself killed a meal sounds amazin, I'm famished. Haven't been able to eat proper in months cause of a sickness. But it's gettin better or should be now soon and....can ya please not move too fast..." He wrapped an arm tightly around his stomach. Feeling the stitches stretching painfully. "I can't move all that well."
D U H D U H Soviet Panda Soviet Panda

Magdalena May

Stay a night at the little inn at Fort Drake after turning in the small bounty she had caught a few days ago (she opted for dead, they put up less of a fight on the way to the authorities), and in the morning see if she could pick up another. It was going to be a simple day. It was supposed to be a simple day.
Magdalena was taking a short walk to the sheriff's building to see if there were any significant bounties to track. And suddenly the sky split apart, blindingly bright, deafeningly loud.
‘What in the—’
She didn’t get a chance to finish before the earth decided to try and rend itself apart. Magdalena was thrown onto her knees among the shards of shattered windows.
‘What in the hell?’
The sound of that thing colliding with the ground—the Spine, it looked like—left May’s ears ringing. She couldn’t hear the screaming that she assumed was probably there, couldn’t even hear her own voice. She wasn’t one to be easily shaken, but an earthquake like that certainly did the job.
After a few minutes of recovery, Magdalena stood up and brushed herself off with shaky hands. She continued toward the sheriff’s building, on the way passing a quarrel that included the lawman himself. Didn’t look like her business.
She wrestled for a moment with the slightly damaged door, but with a heavy creak, stepped through to take stock of available bounties. Her hand fidgeted with the strap of her rifle.
But suddenly Magdalena paused. She detached she scope from the rifle on her back as she went to the window, braced her elbows on the sill, and looked back out at the dispute.
What the hell indeed.
She reattached the scope and marched back outside, stopping a few yards away, at the moment just watching. Her fingers twitched, prepared to use the hidden blade up her sleeve if necessary.
(No need to!, it's right here)

Magdalena May

May watched the majority of the altercation from a moderate distance, not truly listening. Her attention was focused elsewhere. And thus, when gunfire went off, she was already on her way.

May sprinted for a wagon, and then dropped to the ground to slide beneath it and stand back up on the other side, bow in hand and arrow on the string.

As far as she was concerned, May wasn’t on anyone’s side. She certainly didn’t want to be on anyone’s bad side, especially the lawman from whom she had hoped to grab another bounty, but whoever fired at her would determine who was not her friend. She would refrain from firing first, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back