• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern GRIT: The Waste and more!!

G
Created at
Index progress
Complete

Welcome to the wild wild west.
Main
Here
Not sure if its the right place to ask, but where do people get their food from, whats the usual occupation of npcs and are there tribes living in the wastes, kind of like a native american equivalent?

I was going to ask a few similar questions.

1. What time of year is it (seasonally speaking)?
2. What's the local population of the town?
3. What's the town's name?
4. Are there any other towns or settlements located close by?
5. Is there any currency in the wastes?
6. What sort of local NPC's are we likely to bump into?
7. Are there local stores / trading posts / farms?
8. Are there any renowned BAD GROUPS about like raiders or ravagers (thinking Mad Max vibes here)

The current season is the end of spring.

As for the towns and population I've got that written down and you just reminded me I have to actually post it XD

The currency would in coins(to eventually be named) but they range from copper to silver to gold respectively.

You can run into all sorts of npcs. Shopkeeper, bandits, sheriffs natives ect.

There are absolutely farms and local shops located in settled areas and outposts.

And Yep! So far I think Beo's character counts in that and my character was part of a group called The Four Riders, which is supposed to be a ruthless group of oitlaws.

Sweet.

It might be an idea to draw up a loose map of the town. Nothing fancy, but just something that could dot out the locale.

Would it be worth maybe coming up with some random (but notable) NPC's we could encounter? For the sake of story telling.

For example;

Harold - Local Farmer
47 Years Old
Grim Temperment
Bad Leg

Sweet.

It might be an idea to draw up a loose map of the town. Nothing fancy, but just something that could dot out the locale.

Would it be worth maybe coming up with some random (but notable) NPC's we could encounter? For the sake of story telling.

For example;

Harold - Local Farmer
47 Years Old
Grim Temperment
Bad Leg
That is a good idea!

1. Desert area: The Wastes. Deadlands.

2. Inhabited areas: Settlements, Towns, Tribes, Cities.

3. Main Cities/Tribes/ settlements:

a. Major: Aljana, Paradizo, Cennet, Paalkeep

b. Minor(important minor ones): Vaha, Wahah, Kota, Mji, Cal, Fort Drake​

4. Landmarks:

a. Pazand: Dueling Peaks (name is in Tajik)

b. The Wastes: General name for the massive expanse of dry, desert areas. Parts are true desert with only the hardiest of creatures living there and others are partial with far more wildlife and few inhabitable areas.

c. Shi no tani. Valley of Death (name is in Japanese)

d. The Gash: An extremely deep gorge that cuts through the land. At the bottom lies the Hawk river.

e. Devil’s Spire: legend has it if you make it to the top and look straight down you’ll see a portal straight to the inferno. And if you’re unfortunate enough you’ll get sucked straight in.

f. The Spine: Ridge of high snow capped mountains that divides most of the eastern and western halves of the Wastes. It can be traversed either by going around or straight through. The latter being far less advisable even though it is far shorter due to the harsh conditions of the peaks.​

i. The Pazand lie within this range. Splitting the ridge in two and creating a highly dangerous area to travel through as it gives travelers a false sense of security as it is easier and far more straight forward to walk than the winding mountain paths. Deathly cold winds are often funneled through the space between them with little to no shelter to be found.

g. Deadlands: The expanse of pure, harsh, near uninhabitable desert that takes up most of the land between towns and settlements.

h. Stone Ocean: odd area-esque area with high rock walls that look almost like waves.​

The Wastes/ Deadlands:
193847.jpg

Shi no Tani:
20160209 - shutterstock_84004441.jpg

The Gash:

latest.png

Devil's Spire:
Devils_Tower_8163.jpg

The Spine:

Callejon-de-Huaylas1.jpg Alpinist-on-a-mountain-ridge-Dan-Briski.jpg

Pazand:
split_mountain_by_benjamin_the_fox-d6vfk46.jpg

Stone Ocean:

waverock-australia-matador-seo-940x626.jpg

Lush river valley.

Far more vegetation grows here near the basin of the river junctions. Its filled with most of the wildlife in the Wastes, though only small avian species, mamals and fish in the ponds scattered about. The often moist ground prevents too many from settling in the heart of it but a small town and it serves as sacred grounds and home to many native tribes.

20190323_171721.jpg20190323_173419.jpg20190323_171657.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back