Grimm's Crossing: Ever After

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zilfer

Mistwalker
Blackburn’s Crossing Chapter 5: Ever After
Dawn of the ?? Day

There is the sudden noise of feather against paper as lines are scribbled out furiously, and then it begins to gain a rhythm.

No, no, no! Who starts a chapter like that? Not me! What shall we do with these new characters added into the story line hmm…. Yes I have a few ideas. Welcome to my story, where there will be no stupid time keeping. Every line must be written with care if this is to be an excellent addition to the collection. Will it be a comedy? Or perhaps haha, a tragedy! Now I know you aren’t particularly happy about this take over, and your ‘friends’ probably have no idea what I have in store for them but that’s part of the fun! Now that I am in control, this will be the best chapter of them all. Trust me, sit back in that chair and rest your fingers from the darkened keys. Don’t worry about the words appearing before you, simply enjoy them as we take a detour into my domain.

Sincerely,

Grimm

Once upon a time there was a land named Dranlor where many magic creatures lived in peace and harmony. Dragons, fairies, noble knights, princesses of far off kingdoms, and many creatures of imaginings hold a place here in the land of Dranlor. For hundreds of years this had been the case until the fateful day that the ‘Nothing’ appeared.

It started off slow, people began to forget simple things at first, and then they started to act erratically until such a point that they began to unravel into what was called the unwritten. The first known kingdom to be fully unwritten was the frog kingdom and his monarch. The kingdom falling into ruin and chaos as the years went by until all at once it disappeared from the land all together.

Thrown into a panic, many creatures of Dranlor fled to other lands to get away from the affects, but soon was realized there was no seeming rhythm or reason as creatures from all over began to gain the telltale sign of text upon their body as they were slowly unwritten. The once safe roads have become perilous as the order of the land is now ill maintained, and facing the end of existence many flock to larger cities or take advantage of those less fortunate.

During this chaos the Wicked Witch has given rise to a reshaping, turning those who seek her out into a twisted form of what they used to be but saving them from the nothing. Her Kingdom in the Darkwood has sent forces to assault one of the last safe bastions that the Nothing has yet to touch. Starlight.

The Mayor of Starlight, Thomas McDoogle has sent messengers far and wide for anyone who might know something to drive back the Nothing or the minions being raised by the Wicked Witch. The Rainbow knight was the last one to accept this quest and has not been seen from since. Despite these happenings hope still remains that someone will come along as in days long past, and save Starlight.
_________________________________________________________________________________

The Big Bad Wolf & Little Red

The day had gone bad. Nothing unusual there for the Big Bad Wolf. Everyone seemed to mistake her for a guy, and just because an ancestor somewhere down the line blew down a straw house or two didn’t mean we were all bad. So what if there might be a few unexplained disappearances of young children around wolfs. It was only natural. That isn’t where the story begins however; right now the blasted things were flying in the air shooting down with small bows from the sky. The Big Bad Wolf had made a sort of bet with the wrong person. Creature. Honestly it had just been a simple turn of phrase but a deal was a deal. And nobody ever broke deals. Especially not with the Granite Rockfeller. Promising to leave the fancy bar ‘when pigs fly’ was just about the worst mistake ever.

A lucky arrow flies out piercing the back of the BBW slamming pain through her shoulder. “That one’s payback for throwing Timmy in the well!”

Meanwhile down the road a young girl in a red hood walked along with her chaperone. An older gentleman dressed up for some unknown occasion, walked alongside her as they were slowly on a collision course with the Big Bad Wolf and its Pig tormentors. The man looked down at his hand seemingly confused for a moment and then he seems to notice the cloths he is in and stops walking for a moment.

“Really? A hook for a hand?” asked the man with a deep gravelly voice. A voice that would sound familiar to little red since it had been in her head for quite some time. His gaze passes over to his companion for a moment and upon seeing her small statue he bursts out laughing. “And here I thought I had it bad…. What is in the basket?”

About this time the BBW catches up with you two as the Flying Pigs fire another volley of arrows narrowly missing BBW. “This is Nightmare food. Back wolf!” shouts the man drawing a rapier which he looks at begrudgingly for a moment before pointing it towards the wolf lady.

“Kill him!” yells the flying pigs as they seem to stop firing and float in place for the moment.
________________________________________________________________________________
Prince Charming and his Magic Steed:

Things weren’t looking up for Prince Charming his quest for the Candy Sword had taken him all over the lands of Dranlor, just as foretold in the cupcake sprinkles but they had yet to find decent lead. Him and his stead had spoken at length about their next destination and it had been decided they would go at last to Starlight where the Magic Steed believed the Infinite Library might contain the must needed knowledge.

The journey had dragged on long, causing them to pass through villages completely empty or with people starting to unravel. The stamina of a centaur however allowed the journey even with the burdened weight of full plate worn by Prince Charming to go smoothly and quickly. At last they were coming through one of the last stops on the way to Starlight when they saw two old men pulling sickles on a scholarly man.
_________________________________________________________________________________
The Man of Two Faces:

Going about you’re normal routine carrying a box worth of vials on your back this appeared to be another normal day with your intended destination of Starlight close at hand. The box of vials on your back, the only thing that kept you sane in the last few years was starting to run low. Pixie dust mixed with the ground of powder of a unicorn horn. Well you had already killed the unicorn and you just needed to make it to Starlight before your last ration ran out. Downing the last vial you feel the smooth and sweet liquid pour down your throat as the Beast began to subside once again into a restful slumber.

Tossing the vial carelessly behind you, there is a voice the cries out and you turn to see an old man with a dripping red cap behind you, along with one other. He seems familiar somehow, as if you had met him in another life.

“What the Fuck. Are you stalking me? That’s it you twit, I’m going to carve you up really good. Ain’t no Minister around to stop me this time,” says the man as he first rubs his head and then draws a sickle on you.
The Pixie and the Sleep Princess:

The Pixie was woken up by a ruckus. A large rabbit wearing cloths was rushing around and throwing things about the room looking for something. “We’re late!” he states as he finally finds what he was looking for putting the monocle on his eye. “Ah there you are!” He seems to finally notice the Pixie and grabs for her before putting her in his front pocket and then begins to scamper off. In the haze of sleepiness the Pixie barely gets her orientation before it is all over the place once more.

“I don’t know why you insist on being invisible all the time, and sleeping in until noon!” says the quirky rabbit as he stops to itch his ear suddenly, making a thumping sound before continuing on the way through the streets of Starlight. The city as usual was lit by a bright light at the highest point seemingly to hold a star upon the tip top of a tower. “Now we are going to be meeting someone very important today so you’ll have to get over your shyness and say hello to one of the princesses. As I told you yesterday never look her directly in the eye.”

The rabbit continues to talk to the Pixie all the way to the tower listing instructions. Meanwhile in the tower a servant wearing a thick veil enters in the room of the Sleep Princess looking firmly down in what seems like supplication. “The Rabbit known as Peter has arrived with the special guest. He offers her services in the quest against the Wicked Witch and is ready when you are through the door on the right. And Princess… please be careful. Pixies are known for being fickle.”

With that the servant leaves the room, leaving only the Sleep Princess and her beloved who remains calmly sleeping on the bed. As he had for the many years since she had looked him in the eyes. None knew why Sir Jamis the Blackened had become so affected by her gaze when most woke up mere moments later. There was silence but for his soft breathing.

Arissa blinked a few times and looked up at the man walking at her side. Gods, that man is a giant! She then looked up at him in surprise as she heard the familiar voice and was unable to stop herself from exclaiming in surprise. “Yorgi?!?” Arissa stopped and covered her mouth, her voice coming out far higher pitched than it should have. She uncovered it from a moment and tried speaking again. “Wat in de naam van de goden...” She stared down at her small hands clutching a basket and raised the cover of it briefly before dropping it quickly as she spotted a bloodied hand in it and stared at the lid. Okay... this is... different. She glared up at Yorgi with the most withering expression a ten year old could manage as he began to laugh. “Never speak of this to anyone, or I’ll leave you to rust when we get back.”

Suddenly, Arissa heard the sound of beating wings and feet pounding on the ground, and whirled about to see a humanoid wolf being pursued by several flying pig creatures armed with bows. Thoroughly confused by the situation, Arissa pauses for a moment before calling out. “Stop! Please, can someone explain what is going on?”

Arriving in the book had overrun Kallisto with strange sensations: first there was the fur -- she felt the breeze, but it was through the hair shifting on her coat. Then her ears constantly flicked this way and that to each sound, her nose was nearly always reporting things in the air -- so many scents to try and figure out what they were tied to. On top of everything else there was a tail that seemed to have a mind of its own, and her balance was slightly off from walking on what felt like her toes with the pads of her feet... well, paws now.

Everyone kept thinking she was male ... and whatever happened at the bar... she let out a whine as the arrow shunted into her shoulder, "But ... I don't remember doing anything like that!" Her voice came out strange, roughly and with a constant rumble.

Approaching Red and the man walking with her, Kallisto's ears flicked back as she saw the blade pointed at her, growling towards the pigs as they tried to get the pair to kill her. Hearing the the small girl's words, Kallisto's head tilted slightly, "...Arissa? Why are you so small...? Who is that person?"

Léone blinks for a few moments, wiggling her fingers and toes as it feels like she just jolted awake in her body. Foreign narration plays back in her mind as she looks around the room, trying to adjust to the strange scenario. "Sleep Princess... what kind of title is that?" As she thinks that a flash of memories shoot to the forefront of her thoughts, showing her times when she apparently made eye contact with people and they fainted before her. "Huh... I've seen people use spells like that before but not in this fashion..."

She blinks her eyes again and finally she begins to notice the slight tingling sensation coming from them, a faint feeling similar to the magical items she'd handled in the past. Another foreign thought informs her that the magic of her eyes would be enough to invoke the spells she had committed to memory that morning - though it seemed that the rest of her magical repertoire swam around deeper in her head, just barely out of reach. "Okay... I guess I have that going for me, especially when it doesn't seem like I have my spellbook or my wand--"

As she glances down she realizes she's dressed in the frilliest of rose pink gowns, sleek to the touch and strapless with white accents perking upwards at the top, gently brushing against the marble floor. She gawks at it, turning around and inspecting herself before her attention turns to the servant entering the room and avoiding her gaze. "Right... I ought to keep that in mind. Anyway focus on the mission, starting out by figuring out what the heck is going on," she thinks to herself, before straightening her posture and nodding to the servant. "Uh... thank you for the warning. I'll be down shortly."

As the servant exits the room she glances around the fairly spacious tower room, her gaze finally resting on the bed behind her. The bed which, as she turned to face it, kept comfortable a man who looked awfully (and ironically, to a dramatic end) like James. Her eyes widen as she worries he was sucked into the book with the rest of them, but then the thoughts gently remind her that this was Sir Jamis the Blackened, forever asleep. "Jamis? Like his ancestor? Eh it's probably just the book putting some flourish into it. It can't be real... right?"

She sighs and shrugs, then lets out an awkward half-chuckle as she comes to grips with the absurdity of it all. "Ah well. They want a story? May as well roll with it," she muses, blowing a kiss towards the sleeping man and winking to no one in particular. "I'll be back for you soon, hun. Don't go running off without me." With that she flashes a slight smirk and exits the room, heading to the door on the right to meet this Peter Rabbit and his friend. All the while she tried her best to keep her gaze downwards, staying especially careful around sudden corridors and intersections.

Last edited:
Bernard looked around, taking in the scene and sighed as he dismounted his centaur steed. "Stop you two! What is the meaning of this?" He reached for hammer on his back, but nothing was there. "Subcinctus." He muttered, but nothing appeared in his hand. Looking down in surprise he realized he was wearing gauntlets, the worst kind of armor. Stiff fingers, restricted casting. "In the name of Ezra, step away from that man and state your business." He focused on the two men in front of him approaching the scholar, and felt a blade at his hip. His hand moved to the hilt, but he did not draw. "This is your only warning. Drop your weapons and speak your peace or turn tail and run, but test me and fall."

Town of Idlethorp:

One of the older men turns their head to see a man riding another horseman. He squints for a long moment. "Ezra? Just how many of there are you all of a sudden? Bah! Fuck it, I'll kill you later," says the Redcap as he adjusts the his red dripping cap and turns to the other. "Lets get out of here before the next page turns." The other Redcap seems to be captivated by Bernard. The other Redcap waves his hand in front of his companion before grunting in frustration and kicking a lead spiked boot into the shin of the other one to snap him out of it.

"What the fuck was that for?!?" complained the other one, but his companion did not answer as he stalked away. Confused for a moment he went running after his companion a moment later before disappearing behind a shrubbery along the roadway. Some onlookers had stopped to watch the confrontation and a few people came up to admire the Centaur and the knight who had strode into town so bravely and stopped what looked like a blood confrontation.

A clap sounded from nearby as a woman dressed from head to toe in dark leathers lowered her hands and tilted a hat to them both. She seemed familiar to Bernard somehow. The woman stepped forward smirking amused at the scene that had played out, two hand crossbows at her side. "You sure know how to handle yourself around here, where do you hail from stranger?" asked the woman, as Bernard now placed the woman. Paulina had been slightly hard to recognize at first with the different tone in which she was speaking, outfit, and the confidence of her demeanor.
______________________________________________________________________________________________
Edge of the Forest of Rocks:

The pigs at Arissa's question suddenly go stiff, and almost comically it takes a moment before they fall straight to the ground slamming hard, as small smoke clouds billow outward. After a moment they shake themselves and get up. "Ow.... I think I hurt my Oiker..." complains one of them as they look among each other for a second and then back to the group. "Watch what you say! You could really hurt someone that way! Especially when they are command pigs."

The third much smaller pig looks at his bow with a sudden sadness. "This is coming out of my paycheck.... we're never going to get enough money to rebuild our houses." The little pig begins to tear up while one of the others goes to comfort him. The last remaining pig looked back for a moment before walking on two legs towards the group.

Yorgi the Pirate looked between the wolf and the pig. "So you know the wolf...." says Yorgi turning his sword over towards the pig who approached and then stopped. "I'm Yorgi who else would I be?"

"Look, we are just trying to work off some debt we owe to Granite Rockafeller. He told us to chase you until you got out of the woods, and we'd get a bonus. Sorry for hitting you back there but it's part of the job," says the Pig taking off a green hat he is wearing and holding it between his hooves. "Now if you wouldn't mind moving along or we have to try and kill you some more and it's getting harder and harder to make the convincing."
______________________________________________________________________________________
The Tower of Starlight

Upon entering the room with Peter Rabbit he bows lowly keeping his eyes low for the moment. "Ah Princess, it is good to see you again. I have brought someone to help as requested. She is a Pixie though she seems to be fairly shy, and she was really hard to find," said Peter Rabbit taking the Pixie out and placing her on the table carefully. He offers out the monocle to his side so that Leone could use it to see the Pixie through her invisibility. "I think she will make a great addition to scouting, or getting information. I've even heard this particular pixie might have some other mystic powers tied to nature. If only I had found her before the Rainbow Knight had set off on his quest...."

"But enough about that, I am more concerned in saving my sisters from the Wicked Witches clutches. Mopsy and Flopsy I know must still be alive," says Peter Rabbit forcefully as if trying to convince himself down to his core that they are as he says.

Last edited:
Arissa stares at the wolf in shock for a moment before blurting our. “Kallisto? Gods, what big teeth you have! What are you doing here? Where are the others? Where is Bernard?" Arissa paused as she recalled a warning her mother had given her earlier that morning to be careful of the Big Bad Wolf, because he made a habit of hunting on the road to Grandmother's house, but then shook her head to clear her head of the false memories.

Arissa watched as the pigs dropped out of the sky, the littlest one landing on it's bow with a resounding crack. Arissa walked closer to them, frowning apologetically. "Oh, I am so sorry! I had no idea that you had to listen to me so specifically. I can assure you, there is no need for violence. My name is Little Red Riding Hood, but you can call me Red. This here is Yorgi." Arissa looked over to Kallisto, who she was fairly certain knew nothing about the details of her abilities, and smiled apologetically. "It is rather complicated. Here... one moment. I might have something for you in here. I am delivering dinner to Grandmother... you see, she is very sick, and a home cooked meal could do her some good. Anyways, I believe I had packed some apples as a snack, but you can have them if you want." Arissa approached the pigs and set down six apples in front of them that she pulled from her surprisingly light basket before turning to the little pig crying over his broken bow and frowning. "Would you like me to help you with that? I am rather good at fixing things."

Ludwig looks relieved as the two redcaps stop their agressive behaviour and leave him alone. Raising a hand to the knight in shining armor, he walks up to them in order to offer his thanks. "You have my thanks. I heard that you spoke of Ezra? You wouldn't happen to be one of the members who went into the book with me, are you? If so, that would simplify things significantly!"

He shifts the box of empty vials around on his back to make it more comfortable, while at the same time looking at the empty vial on the floor with slight desperation. He quickly retrieves it off the ground and stores it back in his box. "Never know when you need more vials, especially since I seem to have lost my medicinal kit."

Kallisto covered her snout with her paws for a moment as her ears flattened again, "I ... didn't realize ... I don't know about the others -- just I said something wrong in a bar to the Rockafeller person and was chased out ... to here I guess."

Reaching behind her shoulder she grasped the arrow, grimacing as she pulled it out, looking so small in her large paw-like hands. She looked over towards Yorgi, "I ... don't think I've met you? Are you from here...?"

Taking the arrow she went to one of the small pigs, dropping it in front of them, "Can I ... go back into the woods? I don't want to be 'killed' ... but I want to help Ar-- er ... 'Red' and she may need to go through there, to get to her Grandmother."

Unsure fully what to do, Kallisto placed herself on the ground while the others spoke, tail wrapped around her, and paws covering her snout ... which was weird. She'd always had strange teeth, but for some reason felt like ... here it was more relevant.

Bernard released his the hilt of his blade as the redcaps ran, there was no use in pursuing them at the moment. As the woman spoke Bernard tensed again, "I come from a land of darker stories. I am Bernard, the Prince Charming. And you are?" He regretted asking almost immediately as he recognized Paulina's face. This can't be happening again.

Remembering what Legba had said to Arissa, Bernard tried to play the part, turning to smile and wave as the crowd cheered, but listening as the man spoke to him. "I am." He said through a forced smile, "I don't know where the others are, but I'm glad I found someone. Perhaps we can place your box in the saddle bag of my magical steed? He never seems to tire. You're Herr Doktor, I presume?" Bernard's Carmanthian was poorly pronounced, but it felt appropriate to ensure that this was in fact Ludwig. He waved walked over to his steed to open the saddle bag for the man. "We were just headed into Starlight if you'd care to join us?"

Ludwig gives the man a pleasant smile as he confirms his suspicions. "Wunderbar! You do recognize me! To be completely honest, I didn't think I'd find someone so soon. I'll happily let your steed carry my box, I'll need those vials in the long run.. It seems that the book made several fake memories for me in the process of converting into it, if I were to believe those memories.. then we need to find some fairy dust fairly soon." Ludwig returns the favor in Carmanthian as he makes his way to the steed.

"According to my inner narrative or memories, I was heading to Starlight. So I don't think there will be any harm in going there, I'll follow along. If we're to save your mother, then we might as well stay close." Ludwig says, lifting the box above his head and onto the steed. Wiping some sweat from his brow, he smiles excitedly towards Bernard.

"At the very least, the Infinite Library may hold answers about where to find pixies, though I recall for some reason that Starlight is the last bastion of hope against the wicked witch. It's likely some pixies have fled there, we'll have to ask them about acquiring their dust. It's too bad this is so complicated, I had hoped to get to know you better, and perhaps learn a bit about Carmanth from a man who lived nearby. I would very much like to recreate a classic dish for Arissa once we've all returned home." Bernard mounted his steed before offering Ludwig a hand up as well and turning to Not-Paulina, "I get the feeling you'd like to join us?" He asks passively, somewhat unenthused by the prospect, but trying not to be rude, smiling and doing his best to 'make a good story'.

The confusion of having four legs instead of two took Yelcan out of commission for some time, but he was surprised to find that his coordination was actually quite excellent. These memories he had made this a fairly easy transition in terms of his motor function, but his mind was still a bit clouded as he tried to separate his memories from the ones of the magical steed. Things finally cleared up once Bernard had made the connection that Ludwig was the man they had just saved, and Yelcan marveled at the incredibly complex things magic could do. He was jolted out of his thoughts once there was a second weight on his...back? Haunches? Whatever, either way, he craned his torso around to see Bernard ask a woman if she would like to join them and he moaned “God’s please no Bernard, the two of you are heavy enough for me to carry, I don’t think I could even move with a third person on my back. I know I look big and super muscular, but I’m still that scrawny scholar that you’ve gotten to know these past few weeks.”

"No, I'm from the real world," says Yorgi looking over at Arissa talking to the trio of Pigs. "Kind of weird being back in a body." He gives Kallisto a once over before sheathing his sword. One of the pigs gathered up the apples swiftly eating one with a toss swallowing the whole thing in one go. "Not bad," says the Pig with a satisfied grin.

The little pig offers up his bow over to 'Red'. "You think you can fix it?" The other pig crosses his hooves before looking over to Arissa. "If you're looking for Grandma you're headed the wrong way. She moved to Starlight, which is that way," says the Pig pointing the opposite way that Yorgi and Red had been moving in.

There is a few glances over in the Big Bad Wolf's direction as the Pigs wait to see what Red had in mind to fix the bow. Yorgi squats down to the BBW for a second whispering. "I don't think they like you. One of em looks like they got somethin against you." After a moment he reaches out a hand absent mindedly, itching the back of Kallisto's head between the ears.

________________________________________________________________________________________________
Town of Idlethorp:

"Darker stories huh? Seems like there has been an influx of that going on recently," says the woman shrugging. "The name's Paula La'Strange myself, and I try and keep the peace around Idlethorp. Luckily you just ran off the recent batch of troublemakers." She tips her hat at that. When asked if she'd like to join them she shook her head.

"Actually Prince Charming, I was thinking you might do something for me. There's a letter I need delivered, and you seem to be the upstanding sort who wouldn't pry into other people's business. Something I assure you is rare these days," says Puala crossing her arms in front of her chest, as she looks to the other man with Prince Charming. She seems to consider him for a moment before speaking with a bit of disdain.
"Most of the Pixie's were wiped out when the Nothing appeared in their territory. You're going to have to get lucky if you want Pixie Dust. I've heard a few stories about you, and the Beast. Maybe it is best you be moving through town."

Arissa frowned slightly as she heard the pigs inform them that they were headed in the wrong direction until more false thoughts surfaced in her head. "Oh, that is right! Mother had mentioned that Grandma was thinking of moving there after Grandpa went to sleep. It has not been easy for her to live alone so far away from people." Arissa frowned as she remembered the sad news that Grandpa was not going to be around any more before shaking her head as she realized that these were lingering memories from Red. Gods, this better become easier to manage with time. I am not certain how much use a child will be here. Arissa pushed down those thoughts and looked back to the pigs. "Still.. I am not entirely sure why we were headed this way though... I suspect it was probably Yorgi's fault." Arissa smirked and leaned in near to the little pig and spoke in a stage whisper. "He's not especially smart..."

Arissa smiled to the little pig as he handed her the bow that was nearly her size. She knelt down on the ground in order to deal with it's unwieldly size and touched the broken pieces together before humming a light melody. Over the course of a minute, the cracks in the wood sealed themselves before restoring back to good as new. Arissa stood up and offered the large bow to the pig proudly. "See, I told you I was good at this!" She then paused for a moment as she looked around, still trying to get her bearings before turning back to the pigs. "So Starlight is in that direction? By any chance do you know if there is anything... dangerous on the path between here and there?" Arissa put on a frightened expression as she asked the question.

Bernard laughed, "Come on, Yelcan, you can handle it. It's no worse than..." He thought on Prince Charming's memories, "that time we had to take all those children to school when their cart was taken by the toll trolls under the bridge and they were going to have to walk. They were easily at least two of, whoever Ludwig is." His whole argument made moot when Paula declined the invitation. As she did, he felt mentally, much like Yelcan must have felt physically, glad that he would not have to bare that weight.

Turning to the woman, he smiled, "I would prefer to know to whom I am delivering this letter, and the subject of its contents before I find myself in a bind Pauli... Sorry, Paula." His smile broke slightly at his slip, but he quickly recovered. "Do be careful here in Idlethorp, I've heard the Nothing is coming, and Starlight is the last bastion of hope from the Wicked Witch." Taking not of her glance toward Ludwig he added, "And do not concern yourself with my companion, he'll surely be of aid when it matters most."

Kallisto tilted her head as she heard Yorgi speak -- did he maybe get accidentally pulled in too? But then his comment of being back in a body made her pause ... was he maybe someone who had been in the axe? Arissa seemed to know who he was though, so maybe not. Though she didn't hear the constant growling of the Axe ... after it had just returned to her mind, it felt irritating to only have it disappear so soon.

She glanced towards the pigs as he continued speaking, dropping her paws to her side as she shrugged, "I think ... I think I destroyed their houses." Kallisto took a deep breath before releasing it in a low growl, "Somehow -- with a breath." Kallisto idly scratched the side of her face, "And ... I think I did worse to others ... but I don't think it was actually me?"

Feeling his hand on the back of her head Kallisto flinched for a moment, unsure of how she felt about being pet like that. "How do you know Arissa...?"

Last edited:
Léone tugs at her veil a bit more, having fiddled around and tossed it over her head right before she entered the room. Upon seeing Peter Rabbit she nods vaguely in his direction, still unsure of how to deal with having these apparent "magic eyes". "Um, thank you," she starts, taking the offered monocle and reaching under the veil to press it against her eye. "I'm sure we could use all the help we could get in this quest of ours," she says, recalling the quest she was supposed to be on to stop the "Nothing". Following the story would probably lead her to the others... right?

Carefully glancing over to where Peter Rabbit's hands just were, her eyes widen as the pixie appears to be visible through the lens... and almost entirely looks like a tiny, winged Peri. "Wait a second... Peri?" Her eyes widen at her strange appearance, before she turns back in Peter Rabbit's direction bowing slightly. "Oh, apologies for the lack of warning... but she and I are actually acquainted. Funny how that works out, right?"

Flashing an awkward smile under the veil, she coughs and returns to a serious expression. "Anyways, back to the matter at hand. Do you have any idea where we should start on our quest? I barely know anything beyond the walls of this tower," she notes, glancing around the walls. "Anything we should seek out, like an anti-Nothing artifact or a secret weapon or something? Where were Mopsy and Flopsy last seen, or the Rainbow Knight himself?"

She peers once more through the monocle before sliding it off, taking note of where Peri was sitting. "By the way, I don't suppose I can borrow this for the time being, can I? I'd like to make sure she doesn't get into any... mischief on her own."

"There are worse things to do," says Yorgi off handily as he stops petting Kallisto watching Arissa do her magic. When Kallisto asks how he knows Arissa the comment is low almost as if a subconscious response. "Intimately."

"Wow! It is like brand new now! You could be a wizard when you grow up,"
says the small pig admiring the bow for a moment and testing out the draw. He puts it over his shoulder for a moment and smiles towards his other two companions. They look back at him, one of them nodding the other continuing to study little red.

"If you stick to the road it should be safe enough, though anything off the road and who knows? Too many things are being shuffled around by the Nothing's presence to be sure of where anything is anymore," says the Pig that had been studying Red.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Town of Idlethorp:
Puala smiles for a moment as if expecting the response, before lazily putting a hand to her face. One could see words written over the back of her hand as she slowly massages her temples for a moment. "Of course you would," she sighs into her hand before letting it fall once more. "I'll just wait for the next person to pass through town. One of these days an adventurer will bite." After she says the last sentence a false memory of her not saying the sentence is then implanted into your mind, as if the words had been scratched out.

"Your companion may have destroyed a town or two on the way here, so if that's the type of help you need Prince Charming, I feel sorry for your enemies," says Paula looking at last to his mount, the horseman. "I continue to be amazed at the extent that the Nothing has reached, as creatures from far away continue to pass through town. Let us hope a solution is found soon."

Arissa smiled to the little pig and giggled. “I guess I could, huh? Still, being a wizard doesn’t sound like very much fun. Too many books...” She then frowned at the lack of a clear response from the pigs. She looked at the pig who has just spoken worriedly. “The Nothing? Oh no... You know, Mother never really told me much about the Nothing. I think she was trying to not scare me, but I’m a big girl now. You see, I turned ten last week, and I think that I’m old enough to know about things like the Nothing. Is there anything you can tell me about them?”

Bernard sighed and extended his hand, "Sorry, foolish of me to pry. Please, trust me to deliver your letter." He gave his most charming, friendly smile. "I have no enemies, only friends I've yet to win over, and I'm sure the good doctor will be more careful with me and my steed around. I will stop at Nothing to find a solution to the problems of this realm." Bernard giggled to himself at the bad joke, trying to decide if Prince Charming was the joking type.

Yelcan cocked his head in confusion as Bernard reminded him of a memory that didn't -- oh wait there it is. Yelcan smiled as he remembered the laughs and the cheers of the children as he gave them a ride to school, and he whinnied happily before slapping a hand over his mouth in horror as he realizes what sound just came out of his mouth. Oh gods, this is going to be a painful adventure, I can just feel it.

Yelcan looked over his shoulder at the man who was supposed to be Ludwig as Paula spoke of the terrors he caused and he wondered why Ludwig would have been depicted as this man. He hadn't had much time to get to know Ludwig, but he didn't seem to be some awful man...and wait, if their character represented their person, why the hell was he someone's mount?! Yelcan shook his mane -- er, head, to clear the thoughts from his mind, and he focused on Paula as she looked to him. He puts on a confident smile and takes the woman's hand gently, saying "Don't worry milady, me and my friend here will find a way to put a stop to this, I promise." Yelcan took a couple steps back, turning slightly so Bernard could reach Paula, then raising his eyebrow disapprovingly as Bernard retrieved the letter and made his bad joke. He turned his torso to face away from Bernard and Paula and casually flicked Bernard in the back of the head with his tail, then looked back at him innocently. "We should probably get moving soon, my Prince."

Last edited:
Peri snatched from her slumbering had barely a moment to adjust as she looked at her hands and arms. She was glowing slightly her skin blueish like mineral tinted water her hair as she pulled it before her eyes was a blueberry color. What’s happening she thought to herself as she felt strange muscles flex in her back and they twitch and flutter. Reaching back she feels wings.

Amidst her discombobulation she hears a voice nagging at her about her sleeping habits and how she shouldn’t be so shy. It was then she realized by the lint sticking to the fabric prison she was in, she was in a pocket.

It wasn’t long before she was released and warned not to look into the princesses eyes. Keeping her eyes down she mumbles her voice higher pitched than she was used to, feeling the twitch in her back again she fluttered for a moment then fell to her bottom once more.

When the Princess called her Peri she finally recognized the voice and a few of the unobstructed features. “Leone!” She called out desperately her wings fluttered and barreled her into Leone’s chest where she clung hugging the fabric at her collar. “I’m so glad to see you, I’m blue....” her confusion apparent. “And a Pixie, my staff is gone.” Dragging her fingers down her face she pulled at her cheeks in disbelief. Only realizing she was floating now looking at Leone’s nose. “I can fly” placing her hands over her mouth she gasps and buzzes around Leone’s head frantic and giddy at the same time.

Tower of Starlight:

"Questions we would all like answers to I'm afraid," says Peter Rabbit as he shakes his head solemnly. "Mopsy and Flopsy were in Idlethorp not far from here when some of the Wicked Witches Minions kidnapped them from their home."

Upon seeing the Pixie become energetic a smile crosses his face for a moment. "I did not know you had met with Pixies before let alone had known this one I rescued from the Nothing. It is fortuitous that chance would have it this way. I have a way of picking out things it seems. Mother always said I was the lucky one," said Peter as he turned contemplative. "As you may know the Rainbow Knight has already set out to defeat the Wicked Witch but there has been no sign of him anywhere in the last few months, and we can only assume the worst."

"As to something to stop the Nothing... no one has seemed to have found any answers to that, but the Wizard on the Far Reaches might know. What did they call him... Mr. Dark that's right. No one has been brave enough to travel Dragon's Valley to get there." Says Peter Rabbit, instantly conjuring up images in both Peri and Leone a large ravine going on for what seems like miles. Thunderous storm clouds above and barren lands below complete with what one would guess to be Dragon bones. "As for the monocle if it will help you then you may borrow it yes. I will give you the Goblin Box number so you can return it at a later date."

Peter Rabbit scribbles out a number on a piece of parchment and hands it over to Leone.

Paula cracks a smile at the joke seemingly instantly in a better mood upon Bernard accepting the letter. "Then I will place my entire trust that it shall be delivered," she says before her attention moves to Yelcan who grabbed her hand to speak with her and then uses his tail to wack Bernard. "Well your horse does seem to be polite. At the very least to people who aren't you."

As Yelcan suggests they be on there way she takes a few steps back before calling out. "You're welcome to come back to town whenever you feel the need to kick a few more trouble makers around," says Paula. Her attention turns to the street as a procession of Golden Chickens go running by. She frowns at this and begins to head after the chickens.

The Little pig looks at you in awe at when Little Red says she is ten years old. The older one shook his head. "I can tell you anyone that goes into it, never comes back out, and it's slowly spreading through the lands. Ain't no body know how to stop it, and sometimes it crops up in the middle of nowhere. Literally, it took out Nowhere. I had a few cousins over there that weren't half bad," says the larger Pig before lowering his voice. "Seems that anyone that comes into contact with it, are Unwritten."

The third pig gives a shocked oink at that last part. After a moment the Pigs start to take flight off the ground again redrawing their bows. "Best get a move on, don't want anyone saying we didn't do our job at running the BBW away from the Forest," says the original pig that had spoken. Yorgi crosses his arms resting a hand and a hook on them. "So what's it going to be 'Little Red?' We doing as they say?"

After a moment Yorgi yawned, seemingly bored with standing around. As he looked back at the Big Bad Wolf. "Hopefully if we run into another bar you're reputation won't proceed you there as well. Pity about Arissa here though, I doubt she'll be able to drink anytime soon."

Bernard spurred Yelcan, "Onward! Run like the wind! We must deliver this letter, find the candy sword and save the kingdom. To Starlight!" Bernard shrugged, he didn't know where the letter was going, what was important about the candy sword, or even really understand what was needed to save the kingdom. His main concern was finding the others so they could find Merris. "So, Dr. Ludwig, what do you know of this 'Beast'?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back