• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Grimm Trials

Dragon Slayer Arcos

End All Life; Embrace Silence
Death is only the Beginning...

I wake up, startled awake by something, though I have no idea what. It's dark, I feel like I might have gone blind because I can't even see my hand right in front of my face. I can't hear anything either, not even my own voice as I call out in a panic. WAIT, I can't feel anything either! Oh my god! Panic begins to fully set in, and I try to take a deep breath only to realize I can't even do that! Something is monumentally wrong here!

"Relax...Everything is fine and you are safe. Please, try to calm yourself." A voice reverberates through the darkness all around me.

Something in my bones tells me to believe this strange voice though all senses of reason scream through my mind to do anything but. However, as if I am controlled by something else, my body begins to relax and the raging panic in my mind subsides. Questions jump to the forefront of my mind, but I still can't talk, see, or even move as far as I can tell.

"You are in the Between, a place commonly called Limbo." The voice says, as if reading my mind. "You are here because you died. And now must make a choice."

My mind races with what was just said. The voice had to be wrong, right? This was just some crazy dream, cooked up from holiday stress...or something. Then images begin to play in my mind, random jumbles of memories that feel like they belong to someone else. I watch a young man talking on the phone, his handsome face smiling as he talks and begins to make his way across a cross walk. The snow still unplowed on the road. Car horns blare and the squeal of rubber can be heard before a large truck slams into the guy. The accident is gruesome, and I try to look away, but the scene simply fades away into darkness.

"You have died." The voice says simply but gently, a touch of sadness resonating through my mind at the words. "You were not meant to die yet, so a choice must be made." The voice echoes around me.

A choice? I wasn't supposed to die yet? What did that mean? I could feel myself slipping once again into panic mode, as thoughts began to crash together and make no sense.

"Peace, young one." The voice whispers, sending calming energy through me once again. "You died before your time, but it doesn't have to be the end. You can choose to go back, or move onto the hereafter. The choice is yours."

All thoughts halt at the mention of the hereafter. Where was that? Hell? Heaven? Oblivion? The obvious choice would be to go back of course!

"So be it." The voice calls out, echoing throughout the darkness. Fire explodes in my mind, I scream silently as the darkness begins to brighten into a blinding white. In my mind, a voice of fire echoes through my mind with the authority of something divine. "This is our gift to you, young Grimm, so you may do what you must." Then everything shifts to complete darkness once again, then I know nothing as I black out.

```````

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

I open my eyes to see a room flooded with light. Tubes are attached to both of my arms, which are in turn connected to several machines. I am in a bed, in a room, in what I can only image to a hospital. However, I feel great and completely healthy. I try and sit up, but an alarm on one of the machines begins to screech at me and a second later, a young woman in scrubs enters the room in a huff. When she sees me awake and moving, she seems to freak out and starts shouting for help.

Ooookaaayyyyy, I think as I sit fully up and begin to yank the tubes out of my arms. But then several large men come into the room, shouting at me to not remove the tubes and try and force me down into a lying position once again. I resist, and with almost no effort, swing my right arm, trying to dislodge the man's grip on it. However, instead of something like that happening, I manage to through the guy completely across the room and into two nurses. Everyone stops for a moment, then one of the men pull out a nasty looking needle with a clear liquid inside it.

"Whoa there buddy, it's time to chill out." The guy says, trying to jam the needle into my arm.

(Hey everyone, this is my first Quest RP! Hopefully the first post wasn't too long or boring. Let me know what you think!)

1. Throw the guy with the needle like you did the first guy and fight your way to freedom!
2. Allow the injection and hope nothing bad happens (Yeah right...).
3. Demand to know what is happening here.
4. Escape from the hospital thanks to a spontaneous fire that gets everyone's attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back