• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Gribbits Adventure Thread

OOC
Here

Sor-ca

Bust :(
Deep in the sprawling tunnels and sewers beneath the city’s streets, thieves and beggars ply and prepare their trades under the watchful eye of the Beggar King. At least this is usually the case. Janos cuts a conspicuous figure from the wide-open doors of his shambling offices. Even those of you who do not know him closely have vivid memories of the scrawny man in his gaudy cloak of mismatching buttons. But today, you arrive to find those doors closed fast, and the ground floor of his operation almost abandoned.

The better part of the day goes by as you wait listening to the dripping sound from an unseen pipe that must be in desperate need of repair, before you hear boots on the stairwell. A small figure appears wearing a disheveled suit that seems simultaneously too big and too small. This is the goblin lawyer Gribbits, an assistant of Meer.

He gives a small nod in an attempt to appear professional, and adjusts his tie.

Umm… welcome to the Beggar Court, gentlemen. Unfortunately, Mr. Meer is indisposed. Today, you’ll be working for me.” Gribbits clears his throat. “This is the reason you are here. Mr. Meer disappeared recently, and I’m afraid he got himself into trouble. I need you to… I mean, I ask for your assistance in recovering him.”

[I would ask each of you to introduce youselves.]

As the elderly Tortle folk named Gerson walked those streets towards the meeting place with his temporary employer, he could be seen smoking from his pipe.
When Gerson arrived at the door he looked at Gribbits, the poor man looked as if he put on some of his childhood clothes and some for the later years.
Anyways Gerson returned the greetings of the little green man.
"Welcome small one."
Before entering the building follow him inside.
" I will gladly help you small one, after all, Mr.Meer is someone I owe a favour or two."
As he said those words he turned towards the others gathered there and said this.
"Welcome everyone my name is Gerson, and as you can probably tell I'm a Tortle, yes I am elderly, but that won't stop me from helping you all along this endeavour by using my magical powers. Especially since some of you are way younger than me don’t worry and speak to me informally if that will make you comfortable."
When he finished those words he just stood there, continuously smoking his pipe and looking at the people gathered there for their reactions, decisions and anything else necessary to mingle in with them.

As he hears Gerson's words assuring him of his aid, Gribbits quietly lets out a long breath. "I am glad to hear so, Mr. Gerson. I was hoping for such an answer when I contacted you."
He smiles up at the Tortle, showing uneven, pointed teeth, then turns towards the others, nervously shifting his weight back and forth between his legs. It is hard to tell if this is a nervous tick, a sign of impatience, or a gesture of excitement on his part.

Belnír hurries off the stairs urgently, buzzing with excitement. Not for the first time he curses the stairs made outside of the dwarven cities for their size, supports himself with a hand on the wall so he won't trip and stumble into the room. Wouldn't be the best first impression, and he's already running late. He hurries into the room - doesn't run, that would seem too desperate -, the bag pipe strapped to his back weighing him down, his breathing stuttering but slowly steadying. In the end him being late didn't really matter. The people gathered inside are waiting, for somebody other than him to come down those stairs, and waiting he shall be too it seems. He nods to the others in greeting and settles, listens to a dripping pipe while he catches his breath.

When a goblin in disheveled clothes descends the stairs Belnír straightens, listens intently to what the man has to say. He barely contains his excitement when the goblin asks them for help regarding Mr. Meer's disappearance. His eyes sparkle: this is his chance for excitement, for adventure. He looks at the others gathered there with him, thinks it's time for some introductions.

The elderly Tortle walking in seems to think so too. He greets them, introducing himself as Gerson, and Belnír nods to him with a smile. He steps in after that:

"Pleasure to meet you all" he bows, the bagpipe rattling around on his back from the movement. "My name is Belnír and I'm a humble master of the bardic arts. I'll be honored to work alongside all of you in finding Mr. Meer. "

Users who are viewing this thread

Back