• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Greystone

Teldoro is a minor nation far up in the frozen North. Minor nations are considered such do to their lack of old world tech and thus do not usually show up on maps. Also due to this minor nations are forced to adopt primitive medieval practices. The Ordus is the royal ship of Teldoro and is making its way to Torntro so that the queen can discuss opening trade routs between Teldoro and Torntro. Teldoro does not have much to offer as most of the island is covered in snow and ice but without some kind of trade the people of Teldoro will die. The other problem is that most major nations wont trade with minor nations or even acknowledge their existence. The world council doesn't even acknowledge minor nations as nations and thus minor nations do not have a KOGS representative. It was very early in the morning, the Ordus was passing through Tastros water when it was flanked by a vessel not flying a nations flag. The Ordus being a minor nation ship did not have guns so the crews only hope was to try and outrun the enemy ship.

As well as supplies Teldoro was also short handed they had to hire anyone they could to be part of the queens detail. Among the hired help was Ellie a young farm girl with a thirst for adventure. Morgono didn't know why she wanted to be apart of this crew but as long as she could carry a sword he didn't really care.

Captain Morgono is captain of the royal guard and it's his duty to protect the queen. Captain Morgono is in his mid 30s, clean shaven and lightly muscular build. He was asleep in his chamber when the Ordus got attacked. The sudden blast of cannon fire and the jerking of the ship woke him up with a shock. "whats going on?" he muttered as he jumped out of bed. He was scared for the queen... he was scared for himself but he had to make sure she was safe. He grabbed his uniform and rapier out of his foot locker and quickly got dressed. By this time the Ordus was being boarded, gun shots and sword fights broke out across the deck.

Ellie was asleep in her quarters when cannon ball fire woke her up. When she heard gunfire she knew the ship was under attack and she should grab her sword to defend it. Being from Mortona, Ellie had no experience using a sword. She did have some experience using an ax to cut down trees, so she decided to swing the sword like an ax. She put on a uniform, grabbed a cutlass since it was most like an ax and ran to the deck.

When she arrived on the deck, she saw mayhem. Fighting all over the place, dead bodies, lots of blood. “Oh no,” she said to herself with dread. Having no clue where she was supposed to go, she figured attacking the enemy from the side was the best approach. With no experience or training in combat, she was unlikely to prevail 1vs1 and flanking had the element of surprise. She just had to figure out how to get to a side.

Captain morgono tried to open the hatch but it wouldn't move, little did he know that a crate had moved over the hatch blocking it. There was another hatch on the other side of the hull. Morgono started moving. He could hear a bell ringing above deck. The bell was to signify trouble. He was moving through the galley. When a hole suddenly blew in the side of the ship. He could see the enemy ship along side theirs.

Below deck was mostly empty. A few people hiding and a few dead bodies but most of them were fighting above. Morgono made his way to the queens chambers but she wasn't there. He took the second hatch to get above deck. The deck of the ship was a blood bath. People were fighting and dying all around him. The people he was in charge of. He still could not see the queen. He stopped when he found ellie, it was good to see a familiar face. "Wheres the queen?"

While Ellie was trying to maneuver around the enemy pirates, she ran into Morgono. She was surprised when he asked about the Queen, when the attack happened, she figured it was her job to help kill the enemy attackers. It did not occur to Ellie to look specifically for the Queen. “I don’t know where she is,” Ellie responded, “Am I supposed to be guarding her?”

Morgono didn't answer. "Stay with me, we can talk later, your going to help me find her." Morgono looked around a bit to see if he could find any kind of indication as to where she could have gone. Then he noticed a life boat in the water heading toward Tastros. The only life boat in the water and he could easily spot the queens bright red dress. Someone else was with her, he couldn't make out who but it didn't look like she was struggling. "good she got away. Ellie drop that life boat," he pointed. "we are going after her."

Ellie was initially hesitant about the idea of abandoning the ship like that, but if Morgono said so then it must be best. She used her cutlass to cut the ropes and the lifeboat dropped to the water. She jumped into the water, then pulled herself onto the lifeboat. She wasn't sure if jumping straight onto the lifeboat was a good idea as it could risk hurting an ankle if the landing isn't right. She looked up at Morgono, "You coming?" she said as she grabbed a pair of oars.

Morgono also jumped into the water and climbed onto the life boat. "Don't worry," he told her as they began to row. "Protecting the queen is our first priority. The ordus is not outfitted for combat nor are most of the crew on it. It is odd that we got attacked by pirates but the Tastros navy should be able to finish the job." He pulled a handkerchief out from inside his coat and tied it around his neck. "I hope you have something to cover your nose and mouth with. I've never been to Tastros but I hear its very toxic. The locals wear gas masks when they go out but my handkerchief will do ok for short term. I envy you you know. Iv'e never left Teldoro. I've heard of the various islands but have never been to any. Under other circumstances this would be rather exciting."

Ellie was horrified about going to a island that is so toxic that people wear gas masks. "That sounds terrible, why would people want to live in such a place." She paused for a second, "What could such a toxic place possibly have to trade?" Ellie put a handkerchief over her mouth and thought about how unpleasant this was going to be. She looked around, "Where did the Queen go?" Ellie asked.

"I hear its because of diamonds," morgono answered. "The intense heat and chemical compounds from the bombs caused rare and valuable diamonds to form, like the world has never seen before and Tastros is one of the few places that can access the diamonds." The lifeboat hit the beach. "we are here," morgono looked over and saw the queens life boat but no queen. "The city should be just over the hill, lets see if we can find her."

Last edited:
"Oh," Ellie said. "She didn't really understand the part of how diamonds are created, but she knew that they are valuable enough that people will be paid well to dig them up. Mary looked into the Queen's lifeboat with curiosity. "Where could she have gone? Do you think she's been kidnapped, Oh no." Ellie gasped. "We need to go find her and hurry."

Morgono headed over the hill and into the city. The city was full of remnants of the old world. Large bombed out buildings repurposed into homes and stores, broken streets covered in graffiti, Trees growing out of old rusted vehicles, and lots and lots of people. It was all very overwhelming, people talking, walking, shopping and going in every direction. Morgono had no idea where to even start. He looked at Ellie "Any ideas?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back