Greetings from Hyrule and the world of High Fantasy~

FragRaptor

Hello~ I'm new in these parts. I've heard good things.

Let me start off by telling a little about myself. I'm in a number of different fandoms, but right now I mostly focus on Zelda and D&D. I also love Transformers, Gargoyles, all OCs, and other general fantasy/sci fi things, though they haven't really held my primary interest lately (Well, excluding OCs since they're such a broad category!)

I'm 24, and I've been rping for close to a decade at this point. I started in the early days of Deviantart and moved from one art site to another until finally drifting off into private chats like Aim, Skype, and at this point, Discord. I personally prefer one-on-one, long term or semi-long term stories, in paragraph format. Sometimes I'll end up playing multiple background characters, though for the most part I try to stick with the 'main characters' and only occasionally switch off to other filler characters to aid the story. I generally also prefer to rp in private since sometimes I'm a touch insecure about others reading in on things until I get more settled in with partners.

I don't really consider myself a writer in profession, since I focus on other forms of art for my full time job, but I do like to think of myself as a good story teller. My writing style isn't entirely unlike that of Douglas Adams or Neil Gaiman at times-- occasionally using roundabout metaphors and often with a touch of humor in between the more serious moments of the stories-- though it depends on whether or not I'm really able to focus on my post or not. I can be a bit slow to respond sometimes since I have a busy life, but I genuinely love RP and am currently seeking partners interested in doing either a Zelda based story of some sort, or possibly OCs in a semi-high-fantasy setting. It's okay if you don't have a vast knowledge of the Zelda lore, but it would be nice if you had a general familiarity with it. I have a base idea of a story focusing on an anti-hero Ganondorf aided by his faithful companion, Ghirahim (An uncommon ship I know, but their personalities mix wonderfully!) in which the two bond through their own struggles together over the course of convincing Hyrule to aid the dying Gerudo people. I would also be open to other Zelda pairings though, as I have many, these two are just my current favourite. I'd be happy to elaborate more on the dynamics of the story and their relationship! (I also sometimes sketch out ideas, so there's that!)

tumblr_pnll2k8Pdq1qih14g_500.jpg

As for high fantasy, I have many OCs that are useful in a variety of stories. My favourite would have to be my rebellious run-away with a typical tragic backstory, DinRaali the high elf, who struggles to control his magic and fears it hurting those he cares for most. He travels the world with only the aid of his massive pet/companion war boar, Braxen, who treats him like her child. Since I use this character regularly for D&D, his world is really open and versatile for new stories and companions. The pics below are of Din and some random piglets, with artist credit to Experienceplace/Morganida on Tumblr!

experienceplace morganida icon.jpg experienceplace morganida doodle.png

I look forward to meeting new people here on this site, and can't wait to see what might become of this! Thanks for considering!

Is it possible/okay to bump intros? Sorry if not! I posted this one quite late so I'm hoping to bump for a little attention the next day~

There's also the off-site area if you want to take the rp off site but I think you need ten posts on this site (called messages on here) to view that area.

No problem. If you want a search thread moved to a different search area, you can report it and explain that you want it moved and then staff should be able to take care of it

Welcome welcome! Nice to see another D&D fan. DinRaali sounds super awesome! Hope you enjoy your stay and find exactly what you’re looking for here!

Users who are viewing this thread