Chitchat Greetings Adventurers #2

thefoxybard

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
As my first attempt at opening a line of discourse and communication was made in foolish and ignorant error, (I put it in the wrong area, ah what a fool am I) l here attempt to do so in the proper setting. Again I greet you fine folk of RpN and welcome you to come chat with myself. Topics left to the hearts desire, enamour me with your tales, trials, tribulations, endeavours. Give to me stories, and I shall return the favour in kind. Let us share in the company of each other! I look forward to your conversation.

Last edited:
Hello Foxy, I hope all is well with you. I must say that your tone rightfully fits that of a bard (as your handle states). It reminds me that I have yet to try out a bard in DnD. Granted, I only have 2 and a half DnD campaigns under my belt. None of which saw an end, sadly. My last DnD session involved an elderly goblin that had a strange fascination for teeth. So much so that she kept a bag of them, giving them each a name, and enchanting them so that she could use them to assist in her spell casting. It worked well because at the time I had my invisalign. Though I couldn't take them out as often as she took out her own false teeth to cast. Still, it was quite entertaining to say the least. I'm certainly a slave to fire ball (or is it bolt, I can't quite remember).

Do you play DnD, and do you favor a character you've created over another?

Hello Foxy, I hope all is well with you. I must say that your tone rightfully fits that of a bard (as your handle states). It reminds me that I have yet to try out a bard in DnD. Granted, I only have 2 and a half DnD campaigns under my belt. None of which saw an end, sadly. My last DnD session involved an elderly goblin that had a strange fascination for teeth. So much so that she kept a bag of them, giving them each a name, and enchanting them so that she could use them to assist in her spell casting. It worked well because at the time I had my invisalign. Though I couldn't take them out as often as she took out her own false teeth to cast. Still, it was quite entertaining to say the least. I'm certainly a slave to fire ball (or is it bolt, I can't quite remember).

Do you play DnD, and do you favor a character you've created over another?

Well first and foremost, all is indeed well with me! Thank you, and I hope that it is the same for yourself! I thank you for saying so, truly I aspire to be a Bard in many ways, of course, I do attempt to reduce my seductive tendencies more then some Bards might, and prefer the more storytelling adventurer aspect of the Bardic profession. (if you are familiar with the Forgotten Realms, I fashion myself more as a Harper, then I do a Scandalous rogue) That being said that sounds like a wildly entertaining character concept, and I am intrigued! Fascination with Teeth indeed! I am well acquainted with DnD yes! And have played many iterations of the system (including the Advanced DnD or Second Edition.) However I confess that I am mostly a Forever GM, not a sad thing to be sure! I love game mastering, however it has left me with not a lot of player experience. However I did enjoy one short campaign where I played as a Dwarven Wizard. A truly fabulous and fantastic character that I loved dearly. DnD is not however my prefered roleplaying format, in truth I am more often designing my own system then playing others!

Well first and foremost, all is indeed well with me! Thank you, and I hope that it is the same for yourself! I thank you for saying so, truly I aspire to be a Bard in many ways, of course, I do attempt to reduce my seductive tendencies more then some Bards might, and prefer the more storytelling adventurer aspect of the Bardic profession. (if you are familiar with the Forgotten Realms, I fashion myself more as a Harper, then I do a Scandalous rogue) That being said that sounds like a wildly entertaining character concept, and I am intrigued! Fascination with Teeth indeed! I am well acquainted with DnD yes! And have played many iterations of the system (including the Advanced DnD or Second Edition.) However I confess that I am mostly a Forever GM, not a sad thing to be sure! I love game mastering, however it has left me with not a lot of player experience. However I did enjoy one short campaign where I played as a Dwarven Wizard. A truly fabulous and fantastic character that I loved dearly. DnD is not however my prefered roleplaying format, in truth I am more often designing my own system then playing others!
That's wonderful to hear! I am certainly doing much better than I have been, thank you.

That is something that I have yet to see in action, a bard that is not so heavily aligned with a "scandalous rogue!"

Aye, she was a bit of a hellion, but it worked in the DM's favor. She's likely my favorite character regardless of her use in DnD as she was originally a character I'd concocted for a short story. She didn't have the tooth fascination though, but that addition certainly added to her unique charm, ha!

Ah, I feel honored to meet a GM such as yourself. I find it fascinating when coming across GMs/DMs. The level of creativity alone is always inspiring to me. Please, do tell me more of this Dwarven Wizard of yours. My experience, as you likely realized, is quite limited. I only know of DnD, PathFinder, and RP's Dice and Quest formats. Do you mean that you prefer going off and making your own worlds and the like? Instead of relying on something from Critical Role?

That's wonderful to hear! I am certainly doing much better than I have been, thank you.

That is something that I have yet to see in action, a bard that is not so heavily aligned with a "scandalous rogue!"

Aye, she was a bit of a hellion, but it worked in the DM's favor. She's likely my favorite character regardless of her use in DnD as she was originally a character I'd concocted for a short story. She didn't have the tooth fascination though, but that addition certainly added to her unique charm, ha!

Ah, I feel honored to meet a GM such as yourself. I find it fascinating when coming across GMs/DMs. The level of creativity alone is always inspiring to me. Please, do tell me more of this Dwarven Wizard of yours. My experience, as you likely realized, is quite limited. I only know of DnD, PathFinder, and RP's Dice and Quest formats. Do you mean that you prefer going off and making your own worlds and the like? Instead of relying on something from Critical Role?
Ah! I am pleased to hear that circumstances have served to brighten your days rather then dim them further! I quite like playing a, for lack of a better term, chivalric bard, or rather a Bard who does not attempt to... I wonder of this word is permissible but alas I can think of no better one, fornicate with every being they come across in the multiverse. 🤣🤣 I am a firm believer that so long as a players shenanigans are not in fact detracting from the enjoyment of the table at large, and are not taking away from a players sense of immersion then there is nothing wrong with being a bit of a Hellion lmao! Indeed. I would say an obsession with teeth would certainly add to anyone's unique charm 🤣🤣 Ah thank you, though I do not know that I am quite worthy of eliciting a feeling of Honor, im no accredited Game Master by any means, though ive run a few games here and there, I could still be considered little more then a Journeyman Game Master *chuckles* but I certainly am proud to call myself such. Ah yes well, I don't remember much about him anymore just that he was a proud sort, and quite wizardly, if somewhat brash and aggressive. He was very very dwarven, and I enjoyed playing him fully! I wish I could remember more, but alas, the character sheet was lost. His memory lives on though if but in pieces 🤣 And no my dear friend, I mean I spend a very good deal of my time actually designing table top roleplaying systems of my own. I have created several at varying levels of completion, though sadly I am unpublished as of yet. In truth I design many different types of Table Top games, card games, roleplaying games, board games. All of the games *chuckles*

Goooood morning fair folks of RpN! I hope some more of you will pop on in and chat with me this fine day!

I really don't understand the aesthetic of this thread so far, but since you are a bard, surely you have a taste in music. What are some of your favorite genres and artists?

I really don't understand the aesthetic of this thread so far, but since you are a bard, surely you have a taste in music. What are some of your favorite genres and artists?
There really isn't an aesthetic as such. Truth be told I don't much care for putting time into aesthetics. Mind you thats a personal thing, I love aesthetics, and I admire folks who care to put time into them, but this is just a conversational thing. Hooooo boy though, you've opened an enormous can of worms 😂😂😂😂 my tastes in music are incredibly varied, and I basically listen to everything. Some of my favorite genres include but are not limited to Reggae, Hip Hop, Ska, Folk, Americana, Indie Rock, Classic Rock, Swing, Big Band, Doo Wop, Funk, Classical, Orchestral and Symphonic, electronica... Yeah actually that list can really grow aggressively long if I take the time to think about it all. Some of my favorite artists include Jethro Tull, Mumford and Sons, Jack Johnson, Bob Marley, Sublime, The Ink Spots, Billy Joel, Elton John, Cat Stevens, Del the Funky Homosapien, Blackalicious, Cake, Pete Seger et all lmao!!! How about you friend? What are your music preferences?

Additionally I my self am a Musician, and am currently learning how to play the Banjo, after which I plan on trying to learn fiddle, and then perhaps some brass, and maybe even guitar at some point.

There really isn't an aesthetic as such. Truth be told I don't much care for putting time into aesthetics. Mind you thats a personal thing, I love aesthetics, and I admire folks who care to put time into them, but this is just a conversational thing. Hooooo boy though, you've opened an enormous can of worms 😂😂😂😂 my tastes in music are incredibly varied, and I basically listen to everything. Some of my favorite genres include but are not limited to Reggae, Hip Hop, Ska, Folk, Americana, Indie Rock, Classic Rock, Swing, Big Band, Doo Wop, Funk, Classical, Orchestral and Symphonic, electronica... Yeah actually that list can really grow aggressively long if I take the time to think about it all. Some of my favorite artists include Jethro Tull, Mumford and Sons, Jack Johnson, Bob Marley, Sublime, The Ink Spots, Billy Joel, Elton John, Cat Stevens, Del the Funky Homosapien, Blackalicious, Cake, Pete Seger et all lmao!!! How about you friend? What are your music preferences?
I'll listen to pretty much anything that isn't bluegrass. I have nothing against bluegrass, per say, I just find it to be incredibly depressing and unfun to listen to. I would be hard pressed to pick my favorite genre(s), but I tend to lean towards variations of indie, pop, punk, rock, and alternative. Some of my favorite artists include Bastille, Hot Milk, Fall Out Boy, STARSET, Coheed & Cambria, SPYAIR, most cover artists, and yes, Mr. Billy Joel himself.

I'll listen to pretty much anything that isn't bluegrass. I have nothing against bluegrass, per say, I just find it to be incredibly depressing and unfun to listen to. I would be hard pressed to pick my favorite genre(s), but I tend to lean towards variations of indie, pop, punk, rock, and alternative. Some of my favorite artists include Bastille, Hot Milk, Fall Out Boy, STARSET, Coheed & Cambria, SPYAIR, most cover artists, and yes, Mr. Billy Joel himself.
Honestly, the Bluegrass thing is so fair. It is generally incredibly depressing music lmaoooo! I like a lot of bluegrass but thats cause I generally like what others might consider to be sad or depressing music. I like emotion and feeling in music, particularly strong overwhelming emotion, because I focus a lot on the interplay of melody and lyricism to illicit feelings in others (hence why I refer to myself as Bard *chuckles*) ive only actually very recently invested any listening time into the alt/sub genres of music. I have found some things I like a lot, and some I just really don't care for like all music really. I have heard of Bastille, but not listened to them, Fall Out Boy I think most folks would be hard pressed to not be somewhat familiar with these days, I think I may also have heard of Hot Milk in passing from some of my scene friends, but I could be wrong/forgotten. Always a pleasure to meet another Joel fan lmao, the rest of the artists im afraid im unfamiliar with at all

Honestly, the Bluegrass thing is so fair. It is generally incredibly depressing music lmaoooo! I like a lot of bluegrass but thats cause I generally like what others might consider to be sad or depressing music. I like emotion and feeling in music, particularly strong overwhelming emotion, because I focus a lot on the interplay of melody and lyricism to illicit feelings in others (hence why I refer to myself as Bard *chuckles*) ive only actually very recently invested any listening time into the alt/sub genres of music. I have found some things I like a lot, and some I just really don't care for like all music really. I have heard of Bastille, but not listened to them, Fall Out Boy I think most folks would be hard pressed to not be somewhat familiar with these days, I think I may also have heard of Hot Milk in passing from some of my scene friends, but I could be wrong/forgotten. Always a pleasure to meet another Joel fan lmao, the rest of the artists im afraid im unfamiliar with at all
It's more surprising to me that you know Hot Milk over the rest, tbh. But yeah. Been a listen to Mr. Joel since my high school years. Still listen to Anthony's Song on repeat from time-to-time.

It's more surprising to me that you know Hot Milk over the rest, tbh. But yeah. Been a listen to Mr. Joel since my high school years. Still listen to Anthony's Song on repeat from time-to-time.
Oh that's a gooood one! Mind you I don't KNOW hot milk per se. But I think I have heard of them in passing. I have friends who are all very diverse in their music scenes and I hear about a lot of music especially in the indie, alt, punk rock, pop rock, folk rock genres.

Fair enough. What do you typically enjoy writing, Bard?

Fair enough. What do you typically enjoy writing, Bard?
Mmmmm! Good question. Im mostly a fantasy writer, though not exclusively, however it is my prefered genre. I also write poetry on the occasion, and I am in the business of writing and designing table top games. Yourself?

Mmmmm! Good question. Im mostly a fantasy writer, though not exclusively, however it is my prefered genre. I also write poetry on the occasion, and I am in the business of writing and designing table top games. Yourself?
I'm all over the place, but as long as I can play multiple characters at a time, I'm not terribly picky. I enjoy dystopia and urban/modern fantasy most of all, but I dislike dice-based games and most slice-of-life concepts.

I'm all over the place, but as long as I can play multiple characters at a time, I'm not terribly picky. I enjoy dystopia and urban/modern fantasy most of all, but I dislike dice-based games and most slice-of-life concepts.
Oooooh you meant in terms of roleplay! Aah yes well it holds the same. I too am not huge on slice of life. I prefer fantasy or medieval themes for roleplay especially, anything else and im pretty much not interested. I like dice systems myself, but I can understand disliking them. Its player preference really. If you are interested I actually designed a diceless roleplaying system.

Oooooh you meant in terms of roleplay! Aah yes well it holds the same. I too am not huge on slice of life. I prefer fantasy or medieval themes for roleplay especially, anything else and im pretty much not interested. I like dice systems myself, but I can understand disliking them. Its player preference really. If you are interested I actually designed a diceless roleplaying system.
Sure. I'll bite. What's your diceless system like?

Sure. I'll bite. What's your diceless system like?
Hey sorry for the slow response, the system is a core system that gives character building instructions, and can be used in virtually any setting or scenario. Characters have 3 Core Attributes, and 18 lesser attributes which you are able to increase through play and are used to determine your characters ability to preform any give task. Thats a really basic overview of a much more complex system, but I can link you the doc if you want.

Hey sorry for the slow response, the system is a core system that gives character building instructions, and can be used in virtually any setting or scenario. Characters have 3 Core Attributes, and 18 lesser attributes which you are able to increase through play and are used to determine your characters ability to preform any give task. Thats a really basic overview of a much more complex system, but I can link you the doc if you want.
No worries.

Feel free to post the link, but I can't promise I'll understand any of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back