• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Greek Gods Reborn

ZeiruliousMakavar

The Archon of Madness
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
So, I've recently read the Iliad and the odyssey once again and I noticed that the gods in those stories seem to like coming down and interfering in mortal affairs. (Like... a lot.) So, I figured why not make an RP that focus on that? So here I am making a RP based around this, but this one will be a bit different then most. I'll be doing a different type of modern-fantasy this time. (My other one being Heliopolis.)

So, for those of you not familiar with Norse Mythology (what are you doing? Go read that, it's good.) There is an event called The Ragnarok, this is called the war of the gods in English. Simply put, in this RP, it came to pass. The gods are dead. For now.

So, Ragnarok happened in this RP, right around the time of WWI & WWII in our world, so think 1900 - 1950. In this time the gods pretty much wiped themselves out. It will take place in our time 60 years later. But subtle things will be different. For instance, near the end of WWII Ragnarok bled into our world, forcing the humans to adapt to suddenly having mythological races on Earth once again. Because of this, WWII was 'put on hold.' This means that the Nazi party is still in charge of Germany. (Dangerous to say I know, but keep reading.) After Hitler's death however, the Nazi party split, between the minority of people who shared his views, and wanted to also wipe out the mytho-races. And the majority of people, who now call themselves the "Free German Party." They do follow many of Nazi teaching, but... they do not believe the systematic genocide of everyone else is the answer. Germany is currently under leadership of this new 'second nazi' party. (The good ones, so to speak.)

Many other things have changed, such as the USA using mythological tech to end the pacific war instead of the atom bomb (which is in storage, as a 'last resort') Communism is also on the rise in many Asian countries. But that's not the main thing.

Oracles. After the deaths of the gods and goddesses of the three mythos's that were in this Ragnarok, that is Greek, Egyptian, and Norse, Oracles began popping up once again. They are the gods reborn.

So, who'd be interested in playing an RP with that as the backstory for it? I'd prefer doing a group RP hence it's here, but I'm okay with a 1x1 RP as well.

Okay, once I've maybe a total of 4 people interested (not counting me) I'll open up the character sheets.

I was thinking of making A demi-god centered RP, but this seems cool, i'm in.

I was thinking of making A demi-god centered RP, but this seems cool, i'm in.

Demi-gods are acceptable here too.
Each of the polytheistic religions have their gods in this RP, so they can be one of them. The issue will rise when speaking of the Egyptian, Greek, and Norse demi-gods, as those gods died ~50 years ago.

Hmm looks interesting. Just a quick few questions if you wanted to play one of the Greek, Egyptian, or Norse God's would you just be a reincarnation of them? What about the other religons? Would you okay as those God's who just hang out on Earth?

Hmm looks interesting. Just a quick few questions if you wanted to play one of the Greek, Egyptian, or Norse God's would you just be a reincarnation of them? What about the other religons? Would you okay as those God's who just hang out on Earth?

You'd be a reincarnation yes. That is, a Reborn God.
All Polytheistic religions exist in their own domains. (That is, so did Egyptian, Greek, and Norse in there own until their three way war.) They CAN exist on Earth, but they mostly are only in their own domains. Because of the Rifts on earth, all domains and realms can be reached from earth. It's essentially become the 'hub' for the Multiverse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back