• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Great Martian War 1915 (Alternate WW1 but with alien invasion)

Jackson123

The meaning of life is the fine game of nil
electrifying-video-of-aliens-inserted-into-wwi-footage-graet-martian-war.png

It was 1915. Months of bitter bloody conflict had occurred, French and British troops stopped the German attack through Belgium. The Germans fell back to the Aisne valley, where they dug in, the Franco–British attacks were repulsed and both sides began digging trenches. Soldiers faced each other in opposing trenches, separated by a battered strip of “No Man’s Land,” often only a few hundred yards wide. Each side took turns throwing troops against the enemy. When these attacks ran out of energy, the other side would counter- attack, and things would end up more or less where they had started -- except for those killed or maimed in the fighting......

Until one day, soldiers in many different sectors of the western front reported weird flash and loud explosion from the sky. Shortly after which, strange landing pod being dropped into the middle of No Man's Land. Where massive "tripod" war machines would emerges from the ground, and indiscriminately uses powerful weapons against trenches on either side. Outside the front line, there are multiple tripods that have attacked major cities around the world. It was the first contact from our neighbour in the solar system, the Martian, who had unified their home planet into a single state and decided it's time to colonise Earth. However, Earthling still stood a fighting chances, while the Martian indeed possess much advanced interstellar technology, their weapons technology seems to be a different branch developed from victorian steam engine and only marginally more advanced than what humans had.

Hostilities between the Entente Powers and Central Powers end almost immediately as a result of military expediency. The two sides who were bitter enemy mere days before had to co-operate to fight the alien menace.

Guidelines:
- FC can be anime, sketch, realistic art or photos, suits yourself
- It's alternate history so you can be female soldiers if you feel like it
- You can be gay for char from countries that had not criminalised gay in 1910s. (The only one I can think of was the Japanese Empire but you can add to it if you found more.)
- Try to do no evil in the OOC. But war crimes would be permitted in the IC.
- Show the aliens what the "human are space orcs" memes tried to convey.

I got the idea from this video:

Last edited:
I'd be interested in playing a journalist. Possibly British. Would the heavy censorship continue? I can see arguments that the powers-that-be would not want the people back home to know that the planet was being invaded.

"This is a war to end all wars. We must make the world safe, not just for democracy, but for all mankind."
(Actual speech made by US President Woodrow Wilson, asking Congress to declare war on the Martians. It would be the first time ever the Congress of the United States would unanimously declare war on a foreign power. Circa June 7th, 1915. The United State Army and Marine Corps would load troops aboard ships and set out exactly 2 days later. In a week, the US would also have a draft instituted, and wartime production rates would increase, as well as demand for more weapons.)

I'd be interested in playing a journalist. Possibly British. Would the heavy censorship continue? I can see arguments that the powers-that-be would not want the people back home to know that the planet was being invaded.
cities had been invaded all around the world so people would know, but war time censorship would still be a thing for stuff like troops movement etc

I'm interested in this but could you give us some more details about what the roleplay would focus on within the greater context of this war?

I'm interested in this but could you give us some more details about what the roleplay would focus on within the greater context of this war?
Eh, I wanted to make sure enough people are interested first before putting tons of thought into it, but I’m thinking warfare and survival. Like that 2005 movie. But I also have another idea for players to rp as whole nations like HOI4

The CS is up

I think I will wait till 15 Jan, if no one else post their CS then we’ll start with the 3 of us

Users who are viewing this thread

Back