• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Okay … yes, I know He-Man was a kid’s show back in the 80’s, as was She-Ra. The recent He-Man: Revelations is a bit darker and lacks the episodic morals of the story. Oh sure (spoiler alert) there is the usual happy ending.

What I have in mind is something original based loosely on the latter series as well as the recent She-Ra series. A lot of world development was introduced. However, I want to try something … post apocalyptic. I plan to add in some elements of another old cartoon, Thundar the Barbarian, which is about a post apocalyptic Earth.

The setting would be long after the time of King Randor and Prince Adam. Baddies like Skeletor and Hordak would be long gone as well. What will have arisen are all new problems. The swords of power are long gone as well. The world has fallen under a perpetual shadow of evil. (Lots of infighting, of course.)

Plot
It is up to our characters to begin picking up the pieces and start to heal the land. Toward that end we will have to learn about Grayskull (if we don’t already know of it). It is quite possible that many may consider Grayskull a myth designed to offer false hope.

Discussion
I plan to run a male character from Earth (possibly before the time of Thundar, hence the past). I am looking for someone to run a female counterpart. Let me know how familiar you are with the three cartoon series (old and new). I haven't even watched them all.

Ages of the characters … I am thinking we should be running adults. Kinda necessary if we plan to rebuild a civilization. I doubt that survivors of the previous kingdoms would follow kids.

In much the same way that the franchises kept re-inventing the characters and series, the sources of power, etc … I would like to do the same while keeping the spirit of the shows. But I want a more mature plot.

Must be 18+. I am. Not comfortable running romance RP’s with minors.

Posting
PM … 2 threads, one for OOC; one for IC
3rd Person, Past Tense
Modest length and content.
RPN Rules, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back