• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Gotta do the casting by the book

Characters
Here
With how her mentor sighs, she seemingly pouts, and her ears flex as if perked up. Was she being too much? To be perfectly honest with herself: no. She wasn't. The elven wizard watched her immortal master get to work with a magic circles, though all So'ralias had to do was remember the pattern and normally it would work out. The lack of verbal incantation made her hopes higher than she had indeed learned a nee spell. She'll call this one 'stone path' for a while.

Nyx rolled his eyes at Magnus, scoffing quietly at how lazy he is. He never fails to show off his bad qualities to new comers. His boastful attitude didn't help either. The advisor watched Magnus before he looked to So'ralias, noticing how intently she watches her mentor, and then how her eyes show clarity when the spell is done. Curious this one. His eyes drift to Magnus who motions both of them to start crossing over, and he does so while guiding the wizard in a gentlemanly manner, extanding her hand to her to hold hers while she walks with him. She mumbles out a soft 'thank you', seeming a tad embarrassed by this display of chivalry. Back in her home realm, no one would ever care to be this nice to her; not one with a high position in the palace. It felt... nice.

Before the thought got too deep, both of them heard shouting and the men from before - the men in tights. 'Gods, what an awful get up. This should be a crime.' Nyx briefly thinks, though he is now pulling So'ralias a bit more firmly. "Hurry along now, no time for gawking." He tells her, mostly to pull her out of her petrified state. She seemed to pale a little, turning a bit ashy in the face due to the way her skin drained of life. Though she was scared, she couldnt help but think 'I didn't kill them.' A sense of relief passed through her until she began to follow the advisor swiftly over their stone pathway. At the very last step, they both made a leap off the final few steps and plop onto the ground, looking back as the stones fall into the river, along with the leader.

Thankfully (or unfortunately), the head bandit was pulled out before meeting a rapid death, and his words made So'ralias frown. She looked like a kicked puppy for a moment, but she looked to Magnus. "I... suppose. I'm just glad i didn't kill him." She says, flashing a smile to her mentor. Nyx gives her hand a squeeze, "Good job." He praises her. The wizard blushes a little, but it was directed more at the hand holding rather than the praise. "Oh. Thank you." She says, getting up slowly and breaking the physical contact. She looks away from the advisor and looks to be watching over the river. So'ralias wonders if they will encounter them again on the way home. But then it hits her. "Magnus," Her head swirls over to her mentir with eyes wide with stark realization. "How do we get back home?" She asks, and thats when Nyx also seems to look a bit weary. "Oh gods." He says.

The question So'ralias proposed made Magnus feel like maybe he should've put a little more thought into his initial plan. "I'm sure the Emperor will have a catapult somewhere that can fling us home." Why, exactly, the ruler of the Southern Kingdom was referred to as the Emperor always confused Magnus, though he suspected the Emperor just wanted to sound cooler than the King up North. "Or, we could just fork over a few silvers and ride a supply wagon back. I like my first idea better though." The Royal Sorcerer began trudging through the discarded crimson leaves that rode up to his ankles, making a mental note to devise a leaf-blower spell when he returned North.

Most of the trip uphill, Magnus couldn't help but glance back at So'ralias and Nyx. The evening before, Magnus had been ready to toss Nyx into the Frozen Desert to keep him from turning So'ralias in, yet now the elf and the advisor had bloomed something of a friendship. Magnus was both glad and surprised that Nyx of all people had become his co-conspirator, though for a reason he couldn't quite pinpoint, Magnus felt bothered by the idea that So'ralias and Nyx were getting too friendly.

A clearing opened up pretty soon into the trek, wherein the hill that Magnus had reached the apex of rolled down into a vast plain of auburn grass that swept back up into a titanic range of frozen mountains. Carved out the side of one of these mountains, was an expansive stone castle that sat perched above the perimeter of turreted walls. Magnus, however, wasn't taking in the scenery as much as he was eyeing the sizeable hike across the plains to the main gate in the distance. Magnus resisted the somewhat tempting urge to use blink to skip the walking altogether, and instead turned back to the others. "I hope neither of you are expecting a piggyback ride."

The wizard looked at her mentor with a look of disbelief, turning to Nyx for a better answer, but only gets a shake of his head. She feels a cold breath of anxiety crawl on her neck. Why does Magnus do things without a single concern for consequences? So'ralias wondered if the human just forgot all sense of danger due to his immortality. She can empathize, but she knows elves are known to live long lives though die to fatal wounds so there is still caution. Did Magnus become immortal willingly? Her thoughts were cut off by the advisor gently calling her name. "Ah, yes?" She looks to him, giving a sheepish grin at her aloofness. "I want to ask a question... If you would indulge me as its a little personal." Nyx says, looking prepared to be rejected. It never comes though, because she tilts her head in question, curious of what he has to ask.

"Where did you come from?" He asks, voice soft. The crunching of leaves blurred his words but So'ralias was close enough to hear it clearly. "...I'm from the material realm. Most of my kind are there." She responds calmly, much to the humans surprise. "I've never heard of a dark elf making home here, but you seem aware of them..." The wizard muses aloud, recalling Nyx's reaction towards her. He nods, "I study." He says, looking ahead to the path Magnus seemingly walked blindly through. "Do you happen to know the drow dialect?" He asks, glancing briefly towards So'ralias. She looked troubled for a moment but nods. "I do, but very little. My father didn't want me speaking the language of Lloth." She explains, eyes downcast. Nyx knew better than to keep this conversation going so he changed the subject to lighter ones. So'ralias seemed fascinated in the things in this realm, and how unusual things are. Of course, Nyx was in awe of the realm she came from how almost mundane sounding it was. But it was also more controlled, which was simply curious to him. Needless to say, the two hit it off very well and shared many topics back and forth until Magnus stopped and spoke.

The two stopped in their tracks and the wizard looked in awe at the structure. From this distance, this kingdom had to be huge! Her thoughts switched to what her mentor said and hummed. "A piggy back ride sounds fun though!" She says in a playful manner. "I'm afraid both of us would collasp under the weight of exhaustion before we even reach half way to the castle." Nyx responds with a shrug, grinning lightly. So'ralias laughs delightfully, "A shame." She says, nudging the advisor on the arm, who in return feigns pain, rubbing his arm. The elf gives another laugh before she looks at Magnus. "How long will the walk be? I think i can do something about it!" She says confidently for the first time in her entire time in this realm. It was a spell she made herself when she was younger. "You guys know how to ride an animal right?" She asks, looking between the two men. Nyx raises an eyebrow. "Horses only." He says, wondering what the elf has in store.

The language of the Lloth, indeed. Magnus' ears had pricked up at the mention of the Drow language, an particular area of interest for him given its unique magic incantations. However, his pet project of devising new spells from the dialect came to an abrupt end when the King deigned to declare war on non-humans, which caused the kingdom's populace to begin speaking the common tongue almost exclusively. With no living native speakers to learn from, Magnus gave up hope of ever perfecting his new spells.

The Royal Sorcerer was regarding the stretch of land between the trio and the Southern Kingdom with his arms folded when So'ralias announced with unusual confidence that she had an idea. To Magnus' relief, it didn't involve a teleportation spell and a dining room table, but instead sounded like it involved mounts. The idea was still odd however, since Magnus glanced around and didn't spot any of these animals in question. "Define animal." Magnus prompted curiously, wondering if this idea was in fact a rehash of the piggyback ride, where 'animal' was just a metaphor for 'Magnus'.

"Where exactly do you plan to obtain one?" Magnus asked, unsure of what to expect So'ralias' plan to involve.

./ oof don't apologise otherwise i'll also feel bad for replying late lol

So'ralias gave a sly grin to Magnus and she raised her wand with a whirl, and beneath them, the ground shook before a horse of earth and beautiful autumn colors rised from the ground. It looked to So'ralias and affectionately leaned its head towards her. She returned a fond pat to its earthy face, leaning onto it gently. "This is Illune, my elemental mount." The elf announces, the horse seems to almot give a nod. "This is for Nyx to ride, since hes almost my same weight." She says, and so Illune stalks over to Nyx and nudges him. He gives a confused look to her and then to So'ralias. "She wants a pat." The wizard clarified. Slowly, Nyx raises up a hand and gently rubs the side of Illunes face, finding it so completely amazing he gets to even look at a elemental spirit up close. Typically they're territorial in the feywilds, and only trained magic casters can tame such things. And how beautiful they are when you get a chance to look at them.

So'ralias seemed glad to see the two get along, savoring this moment before she turns to Magnus. "I can only summon one thing at a time, so..." She stalks around Magnus to stand behind him and promptly jumps onto his shoulders. "This work!" She chimes, laughing as she hands from her mentors shoulders. The height difference has her dangling just a few inches from the ground and to be frank, shes rather light. Either this is an elven trait or shes just a tad underweight. "Onward!" She says, attempting to point but she was forced to hold onto Magnus' cape so she wouldnt fall. Nyx trots by and raised an eyebrow. "You know, I think i weigh more than you, so you can-" the advisor is cut off with a 'shush' from the elf. "I wanna be carried." So'ralias admits with a slight pout. "And besides, I don't want Illune to have to carry two people. As capable as she is of doing so." She says, making Illune huff with a sense of 'well of course im that amazing!', making her summoner laugh. It wss at this point So'ralias felt her arms get a little strained and so she tried to lift herself up and wrap her legs around his hips. "Magnus-" she grumbles, head tilted slightly as she slowly seems to slide off his shoulders. Nyx has an amused grin, watching this all go down.

./ am i so bad at keeping track of when i replied or not :')

Magnus marveled at the earth elemental that So'ralias had simply waved out of the ground. How someone could produce such a magnificent creature merely out of the earth but couldn't spare his dining room table eluded him. "Impressive," The Royal Sorcerer surveyed the earthen horse as it regarded Nyx. "...but what exactly do you mean by for Nyx?" Magnus' question was immediately answered before he even had a chance to turn around, since his apprentice had taken the opportunity to latch herself onto his back. After stumbling forward a little, Magnus managed to regain his balance and threw a look over his shoulder at his apprentice. "Well, you're certainly heavier than you look." He teased, trying to ignore the unconcealed smirk on Nyx's face.

Upon hearing that the elemental was perfectly capable of carrying two people, Magnus opened his mouth to protest, but for whatever reason decided against it. "I suppose I'll concede this time." He feigned reluctance. "So long as you realise that you'll be the one carrying me on the way back." And with that, Magnus began shambling forward with his elven passenger down toward the castle. He was probably about three steps into the journey when So'ralias was already sliding off his back, and Magnus had to hoist his arms under the elf's legs to keep her from falling off, though he had considered rolling So'ralias across the plains as a reasonable alternative.

"I wonder what the King would say if he knew what was going on right now." Magnus muttered, although he did have a pretty good idea about what the King would do if he, in fact, found out about what was happening at that particular moment.

./ "few hours" lmao that's the last time i try and predict how long until i actually reply

So'ralias attempted to contain a bubbling laugh but it escapes, making her hide her smile behind a fur lining on Magnus cape. "Illune can carry you on the way back and I can be carried by--" The wizard wasnt able to finish when Nyx cut in. "Or you could be a responsible apprentence and listen to your mentor." He says while shooting a look that said 'nice try'. So'ralias grumbles, "Fine..." Her hold on Magnus loosened a little when she was swiftly secured when he held onto her legs. It surprised her that he was noticiblely toned under his clothing. Typically mages aren't all that fit, but when you're immortal, she guesses he has all the time in the world. A passing thought of seeing her mentor doing curl ups turned into a rather indecent one very quickly and she almost choked Magnus out of embarrassment. "Oh gods." She mumbles out, shooing away her bubble of perversion.

For Nyx, everything was going smoothly for him. Illune is very calm and steady, making this probably the smoothest horse ride he has gotten outside of a brief experience he had with another wizards steed. Were all summons like this? This is one of things that make him envious that he is unable to really harness magic aside from what Magnus called 'parlor tricks'. Perhaps he would ask So'ralias later on for some lessons. It could be useful at some point. Being in the feywilds, there's the also the two queens of the faefolk to worry about - and they frequently use charm spells to allure their prey in. Dangerous to work with and life threatening to be against. Thankfully, the king doesn't have a suicide wish... Or so he hopes. His.thoughts are broken by Magnus, commenting about the king. Nyx knrw it was rhetorical, but he answered none the less. "Off with our heads." He says aloofly. There's silence for a beat it two when So'ralias chimes in. "If you weren't working for the king, where would you be right now?" She asked, almost shyly. Its a personal question, but shewas curious of what the two wanted to do or be.

Magnus tried to ignore the sensation of So'ralias pressing against his back as Nyx shot down the elf's idea before she even voiced it. "I suppose Nyx could carry Illune on the way back." He grinned. "I expect that mount would be exhausted carrying someone of your... build." Of course, Nyx was just as much, if not in better shape than Magnus. The sorcerer hadn't so much as lifted a training sword in nearly half a century, and had largely taken advantage of magic to keep his muscles from atrophying below what he had already achieved in his younger years. Being an all powerful sorcerer had sort of negated any need to excel physically. However, for some reason, Magnus felt something like an urge to start training again, despite having condemned it as being a waste of time decades ago.

It was about then that So'ralias popped the question about where Nyx and him would be without the King. "I actually served the King's father back in the day, and if you thought this our King is a little prejudiced then thank the Gods you never met his predecessor. The King's father really had it in for non-humans, and I suspect that he passed that hatred onto his son, his majesty." Magnus shook his head. "Anyway, believe it or not, I used to have Nyx's job - advisor. My father was the same, though when the current King took over, he didn't value nobility in his court, so he dissolved it and chose his own courtiers based on... merit." He gestured to Nyx as obviously as he could with an elf on his back. It was soon after Magnus was dropped from the court that he was conscripted, though he had no wish to inform So'ralias of that particular detail. Not yet, anyway. How exactly he became immortal wasn't quite a pretty story, and Magnus was intent on preventing his past from souring the present. "Then, uh, stuff happened and boom! I'm immortal. Without the King I don't think I would've lived to this ripe old age. "

"Enough about me, though." Magnus said quickly, nodding upward at Nyx. "How about you Nyx? I can't say I could imagine you anywhere else but at the King's side."

./ magnus doing curl ups lmfao that's just excellent

"I'm most likely lighter than you, Magnus." Nyx replies with a light grin. He listens to his friend tell the story of how he came to be 'the immortal'. He recalls the events like it was yesterday, being such a comeptative fellow with a more or less humble background. Nyx had practically snatched the job from under Magnus at a summer celebration. Everyone from the kingdom wss invited and he had purposely interrupted a conversation between them to offer up a much better solution to their problem. And from there, the King took notice of him and practically hired him. But soon Nyx became the head advisor, which he truly does excell at. The man was practically the only other person, aside from Magnus, that the King requests for very important matters. An example being this little meeting in the southern Empire.

"Ha, I cant deny that." He says with a small laugh. "I don't know where I'd be without the King. Though probably a common man, working tirelessly to tend to my own needs. I wouldn't be poor, no. But probably all work, no play -" He looks to Magnus, grinning. "Unlike you." Nyx jabs the sorcerer again. So'ralias laughs a little, though she mused over what was just said. "How old are you two? Did you know eachother long?" She asks, lifting herself a little to peek at Magnus a little and to Nyx. "I'm 34, I've known Magnus for about 13 years now." He said with a light shrug. The wizard beams at him. "Wow, you're so young!" She says, laughing a little. "34 is young?" Nyx asks, quirking an eyebrow. "Yes! You are like a baby still to elves." So'ralias explains with a light hearted grin. "How old are you, then?" He asks, and she chuckles. "103, i just matured only three years ago." She says proudly. Nyx looks a bit taken aback by that number but he recalls reading about when elves mature fully. "Ah, right... You mature slowly due to your lifespan. How long do elves typically live?" The advisor curiously looks to the elven woman.

She hums, thinking. "Its different between the dark elves and surface elves. But dark elves do live as long as the others... Its just that the ruling of Lloth makes us..." Her face grows distant and sad. "Prone to violance." So'ralias finishes. For a moment, it seems like she leaves the question unanswered when she readjusted herself in Magnus' hold. "All elves live as long as they can live to be. Some make it to over a million years old... But they're quite secluded or part of a royal family." She says, resting her cheek against her mentors shoulder. Nyx stares at her, wondering if So'ralias surfaced at a young age or not. She must've been subjected to some terrible horrors if so...

"I'm... uh..." Magnus had quite literally forgotten how old he was, he'd long since figured that keeping count was rather pointless considering that he'd have to keep track of it for potentially all eternity. "Let's see, I was with the old king for... and Nyx took over at about... and the King is..." He muttered to himself as he pieced together lengths of time that he had been keeping track of. Moments later, Magnus had apparently done the math instead of just remembering his own age, since he exclaimed, "Carry the four and... Ah, one hundred and six! That's it." He'd outlived entire noble bloodlines that served the King, yet hadn't even met Nyx until that summer celebration that Magnus remembered all too well.

The fact that So'ralias had only just matured at an age that Magnus wouldn't even have reached if he hadn't been immortal just went to show how long an elvish lifespan really stretched. Their technology and magic abilities far outmatched that of humans was largely due to the fact that they could experience in one lifetime what human beings wouldn't in generations. "Nyx may be relatively young relative to elves, but most peasants don't even live to his age. And as for me, well, I'm the youngest Immortal out there. The rest live in seclusion, and the last human to be named Immortal before me was nearly a millennia ago." Magnus could feel So'ralias readjust herself on his back. The plains on which he walked were somewhat uneven with the abundance of stones, but it seemed that carrying So'ralias kept him grounded and made it easier to walk steadily across.

"Surely a century is an expansive time to develop, though? I mean puberty was less than a tenth of my life and it still haunts me." Magnus shivered. "At what age would you start mating?" It instantly occured to Magnus the implication of the words that had just left his mouth, and he quickly amended, "Well- uh, not you specifically I mean, just elves in general. I don't suppose they stay married for millions of years." Meeting a live elf at all had remained a massively rare occurrence in Magnus' life, and he reminded himself not to let his curiosity overwhelm him.

Not even Nyx really knew the sorcerers age, considering everyone spreads false rumors like wildfire. Plus he didnt really make a big deal out of his age... As far as he could tell, Magnus cared not to keep track. And he was right by the fact that he had to do a bitof calculating just to remember. "It seems that the saying 'you grow wiser with age' didn't apply to you." He jokes. So'ralias gives a laugh but soon says, "Be nice! I'm none the wiser with my age - at least not at things i wish i was." She smiles a little. However the smile turns into a flushed look of embarrassment. "Ah--," She starts, and Nyx gives a look over to the charismatic sorcerer of bewilderment. "Magnus, have you lost half your wit?" The advisor exclaimed. Even Illune gave him a questioning look, huffing and snorting in disbelief of his words.

The wizard took a moment to sort out the question and made a noise of clarification. "O-Oh." She smiles nervously, but her face burned and the tips of her ears were a deep shade of dark red. "So'ralias, you don't have to answer this idiot, you know that right?" The advisor chimes in, making her offer a slow nod. "I know, but don't worry. I sometimes word things poorly." The elf politely made up an excuse for the awkward wording from her mentor. "Uh... Well. Marriage is a difficult subject to explain. I dont know much about the suface elves in that reguard, and dark elves dont really practice marriage." So'ralias hums, looking up in thought. "One can have a lover, but it could be a concubine. Females are the dominate - the power of the houses of underdark. Since...Lloth is a symbol of power and favors females." She seems to shift in discomfort. "A female drow wouldn't really have just one mate, but maybe 3 or 5. Drows pick only the strongest or whoever they liked at the time. Males are deprived of choice, though some are lucky enough to last a long time by their lady's side if they manage to survive long enough." She explains dully.

Nyx furrows his brows. The dark elves are surprisingly backwards comphared to most other societies. There's not much information on drow civilization and their society, aside from how gruesome they are. "How long have you lived in the underdark?" He asks, almost too quietly. The elf doesnt respond right away, her eyes driving downward to the rocky ground that passed by. "67 years." She says. The advisor frowns deeper, green eyes studying the sullen woman. What horrors she must've witnessed...

./ drow history makes me sad

"You don't sound too fond of drow culture." Was all Magnus could think to say in reply as he kept walking. While he was still deciding whether to say something apologetic or sympathetic, a number of rapidly growing figures caught the sorcerer's eye across the plains. Not growing, rather, but moving closer. Pretty soon, the sound of thunderous hooves began reaching a crescendo as they drew close. Magnus could just about make out the Southern King's colours that adorned the horses and their riders as they approached the trio. "Ah, a welcoming party." Magnus exclaimed. "The King must've sent word of our arrival." The looks the riders gave the three, however, weren't very suggesting of a warm welcome. Each one of them had a hand on the pommel of their swords. The horses came to an abrupt stop.

"Turn back." The sergeant of the cavalry was easily identifiable by the his ornate amber and gold armor. Quite notably, he was also the only one not riding a horse, because from the waist down, he was a horse. A centaur, to be precise.

Magnus was quite visibly taken aback by the unexpected command. "Ah- there must be a mistake, we're here on official-"

"The King in the North sent you. I know." The sergeant cut in bluntly. "His Majesty of the South has no interest in discussing the war any further. Now-" It seemed the sergeant only just noticed So'ralias was behind Magnus, because whatever he was going to say vanished as soon as he spotted her. "A nonhuman in an envoy from the North?" He seemed to ask himself more than anyone else.

"We're here to discuss another matter with the Emper- ah, I mean- King of the South." Magnus spoke up. It wasn't quite a lie. "Which involves my friend here."

Apparently the sudden turn of events had struck a chord with the sergeant. "Very well, we'll escort you to his Majesty. Is she injured?"

It had only just occurred to Magnus that the sergeant had would have no idea why an apparent diplomat of the North would be carried by a colleague. "Oh? Uh, no, I'm just... giving her a piggy-back ride."

The sergeant looked blankly at Magnus for a moment. "Ah... I see." Then turned around and began trotting back toward the castle without another word.

The advisor shot a look towards Magnus at his poor choice of words, but thankfully the elf didn't take offense. She didn't seem to care. "No." So'ralias says. "As beautiful and elegant as they are, being of elves and all, it's mixed with terror and pain. The drows are also very... spiteful." She says, burying her face into the fur lining again, just missing the figures in the distance. But Illune makes a noise and seems to stop before the others had gotten closer, making the drow perk up in question. "Welcoming party?" She asked, looking towards the guardsmen who approached with a less than welcoming presence. So'ralias beamed at sight of their appearance, having never seen a centaur before.

Nyx was about to speak but Magnus was quick to speak, and the sergeant even quicker. Illune huffed out a puff of dirt, obviously ready to turn around by the fact she started to move backwards. It seems that the elemental sensed the tension in the encounter and wanted to avoid confrontation. However, the wizard and advisor now looked to Magnus at his poor excuse to continue discussing the state of war. But anything to avoid that, Nyx supposed. "Magnus-" she starts, voice hushed but shrilled. "I can't possibly pose as a peacemaker here! I dont even know half of what this realm has!" She exclaims, but the advisor slips into the conversations. "So'ralias, don't worry. I've brought papers and such so you can review them when we get there." He says, trying to soothe the poor girl.

So'ralias seemed unconvinced but they already were just across the pathway into the grand castle. There's no turning back on this; or else it's the dungeon walls they'll see. Or worse. But what puzzled the elf was that the centaur seemed alright with the fact she was a drow. Was this kingdom welcome to them? Or were the dark elves here different from where she's from? But that can't be likely...

"Trust me, you're about as qualified as most diplomats." Magnus reassured So'ralias as he followed after the sergeant. "Just use words like 'resolution' and 'mutual interest', they won't even tell the difference." It wasn't long until they passed through the Kingdom's exterior wall and were upon a foothill city that surrounded the base of the castle. An assortment of brick and stone houses topped with orange tiles flanked the winding streets that spun off in every which direction, and the local populace was bustling about with wheelbarrows and baskets of exotic goods. None seemed to pay the trio any mind, but seemed to keep a respective distance from the sergeant and his cavalry.

Magnus was somewhat taken aback by the sheer number of nonhumans that seamlessly wandered about. He'd been to the Southern Kingdom before of course, but always took some getting used to after spending decades of his life in a place that remained outright discriminatory. Even in this Kingdom, though, it seemed So'ralias was the only dark elf. "The South doesn't have the same qualms with nonhumans as the North." Magnus had to raise his voice to be heard as he turned an eye back toward So'ralias. "That includes dark elves... for the most part." The Southern Kingdom, at least, had a more political reason for holding a grudge against the drow realm.

Magnus was quite notably tense the moment they stepped through the perimeter wall. He'd heard that the Southern Kingdom was suffering from something of a spy epidemic, and an envoy of Northerners with a dark elf was likely to attract attention. "You... don't see anything suspicious, do you?" The sorcerer idly asked Nyx as he continuously peered around.

./ i will be taking a break for today since im extremely exhausted from this week ^^;; sorry for the delay. I will hopefully have a response out tomorrow, if not during some time on Monday. Thanks for being a wonderful partner thus far!

The dark elf looked around nervously. No one seemed shocked or hateful of her presence; in fact, she was ignored. All of them were. It didnt ease her nerves, making her a little tense with the fact it was like they were being shunned. Nyx was even weary of the ignorance the people had towards them, and their avoidance of the guardsmen. His green eyes remained watchful as they passed through, ignoring Magnus poor advice to So'ralias.

Once within the castle, So'ralias couldn't help but be in awe of the interior. It had elvish architecture, something she should've been taken note of earlier. The castle had openings at the very top to let in natural light and let the breeze pass through. Ribbons of beautiful sheer fabric were hanging from the walls, drifting elegantly against the wind. The floor was levled over a rushing waterfall, with a strip of glass to show the flowing water cascade down towards a river beneath them. It was utterly enchanting considering So'ralias only knew human architecture which wasn't as inspiring as the elven kind.

As she takes in the scenery, Nyx had leaned a little closer towards Magnus. "Aside from us and the fact a dark elf diplomat?" He asked rhetorically. "Then yes. The sudden change of demeanour upon seeing So'ralias was unsettling. Especially when they have some issues with spys." He says in a hushed tone. No one would be so willing to bring foreigners here unless they brought you something they wanted, and right now that something appeared to be an dark elf. The whispers and mutters of servants traveling about before rushing off also added to this suspicion, making Nyx prepared to either talk or fight his way out of this mess. "Where is the emperor?" So'ralias asked, glancing around for people now that her sight seeing was over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back