• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Gotta do the casting by the book

Characters
Here
./ that's the juciest RP reply I've read in a long time lmao
./ i apologize in advance for how inevitably awkward the romance on my end will be too lol, i'm not exactly John Keats but i'll make sure the ship sails

"You're a resilient fellow, Nyx. I'm sure you'd survive a day or two out there." Magnus' tone was as icy as the winds blowing through his chambers. "As it stands, you have two choices. You can wander through an icy wasteland until I feel compelled to retrieve you, or you can vow your silence to me." The breeze became a blizzard, and the chamber door began rattling on its hinges. Magnus wrapped an arm around So'ralias. "I understand the situation isn't ideal, but that does not mean I will simply cast her aside to be ripped to pieces by this ludicrous war."

The stone bricks of the chamber walls began flying off into oblivion as a snowy hurricane converged around the room. Not even a single speck of snow nestled atop Magnus, he didn't even appear bothered by the cold in the slightest. An invisible warm aura manifested itself around him, and Magnus made sure to spread its effects to So'ralias as he touched her shoulder. "The Gods granted me eternal life, and now they have sent us this young woman. Her destiny lies here, and I will willingly commit treason before I ever commit heresy. If that means casting a few colleagues off on a pre-emptive winter vacation then so be it."

At a snap of Magnus' fingers, the door slammed shut. The tearing stone walls were now stood uniformly as they were before, and any hint of snow instantly melted.

"I do have a plan, but it relies on absence of gossip." He shot Nyx a knowing look. "You don't have to do anything, merely stand at your little court meetings and look pretty. I'm sure the guilt will be less painful than the alternative." Magnus held up his fingers as if to snap them again. "So what will it be?"

So'ralias, who was all too surprised by the events that went on, stood awfully still before leaning slowly into her mentor, favoring the warmth over the cold that was just swirling around the room. In all honesty, she didnt want Magnus to commit murder just to cover her up, and she didnt think he would go so far to threaten the advisor of all people within the kingdom.

Nyx was taken aback by Magnus' sudden seriousness, considering he always has a lax appearance all the time. The cold bit into his skin but he gave a hard stare to the sorcerer, standing firm in his ground while shaking visibly from the cold. "Magnus," he said after the door was shut and the room returned to normal. "Did you just call me pretty?" He questioned, a mild hint of amusement among his trembling words.

The elf had to admit, she wasnt expecting any of this. Certainly not Nyx's reaction either. By the looks of it, the advisor seemed more tired by the fact he has to keep this secret. "I'll agree only if you tell me what you even plan on doing with her. The maids come around every week to clean out the room, plus you are aware the king visits you spontaneously sometimes." He tells Magnus. In truth, Nyx really couldnt care less. Fully aware that not all elves are prideful and dangerous, more for the dark elves. The king doesnt know it, but there are dark elves who make some great trinkets and such with their silks and odd form of connection from down under. They are still elves afterall, even if they took an evil path long ago.

"I should clarify now that I'm not against you in anyway whatsoever. But i am concerned for how things will end up. You may think you are doing something good, but you might get her killed -" Nyx says, motioning to the two of them. "And, as you've stated before, you're immortal. Not her." There is silence as So'ralias seems to ponder on this, but she places a hand on Magnus forearm as to ease him before he did something dangerous. "Magnus, he's right. I feel he is trustworthy, so please don't send him out into the cold." She says with a quiet voice, her eyes looking up at him with a pleading expression. The wizard didnt really trust the advisor fully, anything to prevent a major crime happening and to save a life.

Truth be told, Magnus would have much preferred Nyx to be somewhere where he couldn't interfere, that said, if the King's advisor were to disappear suddenly it would no doubt have the whole palace on alert. Trustworthy wasn't exactly a word Magnus would use to describe Nyx, at least not on his end, since his trust was usually reserved for the King.

Magnus touched his forehead. "I was actually in the process of with preparing a solution to this problem before you barged in." He drifted over toward a set of draws which he proceeded to rifle through for a few moments, before producing an anomalous silver necklace which held a rather peculiar gem stone. "Ah, here it is." Magnus declared, promptly dropping the lengthy chain around So'ralias' neck - who instantly vanished.

"OBSERVE!" Magnus wildly splayed his hands to the thin air where So'ralias had been standing a moment before. "An invisibility cloak charm! It's a simple spell, but quite effectual."

Moments passed and the air shimmered, and So'ralias was once again visible.

"...Ah, well it does take some focus to maintain for longer periods of time." Magnus ran a hand through his hair. "We'll work on that later." He whirled back to Nyx. "She will be safe as soon as the King grants her an apprenticeship to me... which... admittedly might be a little difficult to achieve." How, exactly, Magnus was to get the King to willingly allow a dark elf to be his apprentice and be given immunity was still a work in progress.

Both Nyx and So'ralias watched Magnus, but with very different expressions. Nyx has an idle and unimpressed look while So'ralias had one of curiosity and nervousness. The elven woman blinks at the necklace and didnt even notice she was invisible, giving a look of question to her mentor before he proudly stated its purpose. "Ah-" She starts up, but she then sees the fact she is now visible. Oh, how odd it is to be unable to see yourself! Theres a look of starry eyed fancination at this, despite the fact this was very mundane planning in the process.

All the while, Nyx is staring at this futile attempt to hide the fact that Magnus has no idea how he's going to do this. The advisor sighs, rubbing his chin slightly out of stress. His green eyes drift slowly to So'ralias, a bemused stare on her face as she seems to marvel at this simple necklace around her neck. Judging from her reaction, she probably just turned 100 years, an adult by elven years. She's quite cute, if Nyx was being honest. Cute enough to... So'ralias' voice speaks up and shes beaming up at Magnus while she cradles the necklace.

"Was this enchanted by you? It's a bit limited but that's still very amazing! Could i learn how to enchant?" She asks, her lips spread with a smile. Nyx savors this little moment for just a few seconds before he speaks himself. "Don't get too excited now, miss. You are still in danger and technically wanted by the kingsmen and guards." He says, seeming a bit regretful to see the smile fade just a little from the elven woman. "Ah, right." She says softly, fingers dancing along the chain. "I know a few spells that could hide me as well, but I'm of messing up the incantations..." The wizard hums sheepishly, a bit disappointed in herself she has to say that. Magnus can tell since shes awfully expressive (she did just cry several times within the last two hours, after all). But he also noticed the advisor has been staring at her with great intensity, as if planning. Which usually Magnus doesnt like in the end.

Magnus affectionately placed a hand atop So'ralias' head. Her excitement over a simple charm reminded him of his own youth when he first began learning his craft. "I'm afraid good gemstones are hard to come by these days now the King has began pouring stocks into his army, this necklace in particular can only soak up so much magic." Incantations would work too, Magnus supposed. He'd just have to swipe a book on illusions from the royal library so that So'ralias would be able to cast them herself.

Suspiciously, an expression that wasn't brooding flashed across Nyx's features, and it occurred to Magnus that perhaps Nyx wasn't so much of a stuck-up bureaucrat after all. There was however, something unsettling about the way the advisor began studying So'ralias, enough to make Magnus wonder whether he made the right call by not sending Nyx on a premature ski trip. "Anyway," Magnus spoke up, still surveying Nyx. "I ought to get you a sleeping bag." He sauntered over to a packed leather rucksack propped against the wall, wherein he retrieved a tightly-wound bedroll. After picking a spot out of the direct view of the door, Magnus cast the bedroll across the floor, which promptly inflated into a full-sized single bed. He twirled back around. "...What? I go camping sometimes." After striding back over, he added, "Nobody else should be paying my room any visits this time of night, but all you need to do is jab the bed in the side and it'll fold right back up for you and nobody will be any the wiser." He patted the (relatively) young elven woman on the shoulder as he turned to address Nyx. "I take it you're not interested in joining the sleepover?" Magnus evidently didn't concern himself with the gravity of the situation as much as Nyx did, though whether his confidence was well placed was yet to be seen.

Why, it had certainly been an eventful evening, and Magnus had little doubt the fun was just getting started with tomorrow around the corner. He wholeheartedly believed that the girl's destiny had been entwined with his, Magnus even considered for a moment that perhaps...
It was getting late. Magnus decided he probably wasn't thinking straight. He had just contemplated banishing the King's advisor into an icy wasteland, after all.

The elven wizard continued to marvel at the necklace. The thing was about 30 gold peices! Reguardless if it doesnt imbude with magic well. Her attention went back to Magnus after a moment to process the fact she was getting a sleeping bag. "Eh? A sleeping bag? I can sleep on the--" She stops short invher sentence when she sees the bed roll turn into a full mattress. So'ralias gawks and Nyx gives a silent look of 'are you serious'. The wizard breaks the silence with a laugh and nods, giving a gentle smile. "Well, it looks comfy for a pop up!" She says as cheerfully as she can. Her She were on Magnus, her hand reached up and put a hand over his. "Thank you." She says softly.

Nyx seems keen on observing So'ralias, though his expression seemed to tense upon the hand contact the elf made with Magnus. "I'd love to join for a sleep over," he says suddenly. "But I'm afraid I would only risk more people coming here to find where i am." He adds, sighing deeply to feign disappointment. This gets a laugh out of So'ralias, "A shame, since the more the merrier!" She chirps, causing the advisor to give a chuckle himself. Was... He flirting? So'ralias didnt seem to notice or mind it, but she seemed to be tense still by the fact her shoulders were raised and stiff under Magnus' hand. She must still be afraid, trying to lighten the mood.

The human stands up with a slight huff. "Well, aside from this... Arrangement." He starts slowly while making his way to the door. "Don't forget to visit the king soon, or he'll be storming down here himself for answers." He warns the immortal before looking to So'ralias. "Stay diligent, and a pleasure, my dear." Nyx says awfully sweet. The woman blinked and flushed slightly in the cheeks, not expecting such a charming good bye. "Ah, uh... Yes. A pleasure, mister Nyx." She says shyly, giving a smile.

With that, Nyx leaves with a quiet shut of the door. The moment that happens, the wizard sighs while slumping up against her mentor. "Please don't ever do that again-" She says, sounding exhausted. "I don't want others to get hurt..." She mumbles, looking up to Magnus. In the current lighting, the sorcerer can finally see the hint of blue where her pupils should be. Its so faint but oddly beautiful. Like faded blue porcelain. "I must thank you again, Sir Magnus." So'ralias says. "You are really doing a lot for me, and such mercy you've taken on me will never be forgotten." She sighs in gratitude. Mentally, she admits she is being a bit too comfortable near Magnus, but she has had a long day as well. A very, very long and stressful day. The elf closes her eyes and rests against Magnus for the remaining few minutes.

./ sorry for not responding for so long!! I hope this is adequate enough! Also you may timeskip to whatever you deem is good! ^^

Something was awfully interesting about the door that Nyx had left through, since Magnus couldn't help but stare at it. All he could hope for was that Nyx wouldn't come swaggering back through it with a armada of the King's men any time soon.

"I must say, that's probably the most expressive I've seen Nyx since I first met him." Magnus finally managed to tear his eyes off the door. "He's never once flirted with me." He added humorously, placing a hand somewhat awkwardly atop So'ralias' head as she nestled into him. It certainly had been a long day, and Magnus had little doubt that the next day would be evenn lonngerr, but at least he had now he had someone who was at the very least worth suffering long days for.

"We better call it a night, we'll need the energy for tomorrow." Magnus just sorta shuffled with So'ralias over to her bed, and once she at last let go, Magnus stumbled over to his own bed. Before he could make it, however, he was caught by the unfinished wine bottle that rested on a short table next to an armchair - an armchair which he eventually fell asleep in.
■ ■ ■
It was only about sunrise when Magnus was awoken by a distinct banging noise.

The noise was so sudden that Magnus bolted upright in his chair. It took a moment for reality to return to him, but by then whatever the noise had been had already ceased. After scanning the room and noting that So'ralias was still asleep in her bed, Magnus concluded that it must have simply been in his dream, and promptly nestled back into his chair, still hugging the now-empty wine bottle.

The noise sounded again, but it wasn't banging at all, in fact it was a rather polite knock.

Magnus practically launched out of his armchair, tossing the bottle aside and (somewhat unnecessarily) skidding across the floor on his knees to jab the side of So'ralias' bed, which instantly deflated with her still on it.

"The maid's come early!" He sputtered by way of explanation, willing the bedroll to coil up and wheel itself under a bookcase. At least, Magnus assumed it was the maid - who else would be knocking on his door at this time in the morning?

./ lol dw respond whenever it's convenient

So'ralias had a rather peaceful sleep. The bed she had is surprisingly soft and comfortable, making it all the more easier to feel less stressed. However, her nerves were shot high when she suddenly felt herself falling and hit the floor with a thud. "Ouch-!" She helps out, looking up at the culprit who had just made her bed dissppear. There was both annoyance and panic in her eyes but soon it became full of realization and promptly got up, looking around for a place to hide. "Where do i go?" She whispers sharply, brows furrowed and eyes wide but looks down instead. First things first, the bed roll.

The wizard rolled it up and picked it up, carrying it over to the closet when another knock came through. "Magnus, sir? I have breakfast and some cleaning tools." A voice called from the otherside. That's when So'ralias practically leaps into the closet, shutting it closed with the matreds roll in front of her. Her hope was that the maid didn't clean thoroughly.

The maid had knocked again at the door, though it seemed somewhat reluctant since Magnus did not answer her yet. But after the knock, there is a chirp in the voice. "Oh-! Good morning, sir." The maid says, there is another voice now, deeper and familiar. "Good morning. Is that breakfast for Magnus?" He asks the maid, sounding casual. "Oh, yes. Though he is no answering." The maid explains. There seems to be a series of whispers from Nyx, and after a few moments , the maid makes a sound of understanding. "I see, shall i bring a more savory choice for him then?"

"No, that won't be necessary. Thank you." The man replies. There is then brief silence and the sound of light feet running off. There is another moment of peace before a louder, less polite knock is on the door. "Magnus, open up. Quickly now." Nyx huffs through the thick door. So'ralias opens the closet door and peeks out just a little, her ears lowered as she holds a nervous look on her face. Should she come out? She silently asked her mentor.

./ ahh stress! I hope my responses are okay!

Magnus had his ear suctioned to the door throughout the whole exchange. It seemed Nyx had brought them some time. Hurriedly, Magnus ripped open the door and pulled him inside the second the Maid was out of earshot.

"Not a moment too soon." Magnus muttered something that sounded like gratitude before he turned to address his closet-bound apprentice. "Yes, it's just Nyx. You can come out." Not even his chambers were a safe haven for So'ralias, it seemed. Indeed Nyx had turned out to be something of a wildcard, but he was of nobility. The servants, on the other hand, would likely turn So'ralias in for merely a pay raise.

"Now's probably a good time to learn how to use that necklace." Magnus kept an eye on the door. "The effect is normally a few seconds, but if you hold your breath, its energy should keep you invisible until you exhale." It wasn't ideal for prolonged situations, but at least So'ralias would have a window to conceal herself should anything pop up unexpectedly.

There was another knock at the door.

Magnus spun around. "There's no way the maid-"

A full-bodied, older male voice spoke coolly from the other side. "Magnus."

The royal sorcerer's blood chilled in his veins. The King was outside his door.

"Is my advisor in there with you?" The King sounded disinterested, and the fact that his personal guards weren't kicking down Magnus' door was probably a good sign that he didn't suspect anything yet. "I have a matter to discuss with you both in the throne room." The muffled voice was still reverberating through Magnus' very bones. "Be there at once."

By the Gods' mercy, the King did not enter the room, and his striding footsteps grew quieter as he continued down the hallway.

The look Magnus shot Nyx was along the lines of what are we going to do?!

Nyx walks in and shoots a quick 'you owe me' look to Magnus, holding a tray of food that the maid left. He then looks to So'ralias who creeps out of the closet nervously. "Good morning." He greets with a smile. The elf looks over and gives a small grin, "Good morning." She says. Before anything more could be said, the voice which set both her mentor and the human advisor on edge made the room feel with tension.

Nyx returns the look Magnus gave and quickly set down the tray and he smoothed out his suit though it was never wrinkled. "Well, today just got plenty more stressful." He says through an exhale. So'ralias lingers between stepping out of the closet and going into it. "What will you both do...?" She asks, voice timid and ears flattened in fear. "Don't worry. It's most likely something involving the in the incident..." The advisor says, trying to be calm though his nerves were tense.

"I can... hide in here for a while. I'll be quiet!" The wizard says, looking at Magnus just out of nervousness. "You won't be gone for long, right?" She didn't mean to make it sound like a scared desperate for her mentor to not leave her alone for so long. As nice as the room is, So'ralias cannot stand to be locked in like a prisoner. It reminded her of a couple of bad pranks. Nyx made a small noise, like a hum into a grumble. "We might have to leave for a day or two..." He mentions slowly, eyeing the two in the room for their reaction. "...Meeting with the kingdom down south." He says for clarification.

Magnus stroked his beard furiously. "She'll have to come with us." He said at last, nodding at his apprentice. "If the King wants us to leave the palace then I- we can't risk leaving So'ralias here." Magnus had a rather particular plan on how to achieve this seemingly impossible task, though he didn't deign to reveal it since he already knew that Nyx would undoubtedly object.

"Nyx and I will meet with the King, learn what he wishes us to do at least, then we'll return here so... we can... plan things." Magnus declared, purposefully leaving the other two out of the loop. He offered So'ralias a head pat as a farewell before striding for the door. As he cracked the door open, Magnus thrust a finger at his apprentice. "Stay hidden, the maid will likely return." That pointed finger swerved toward Nyx. "Don't be stressed." He said simply, as if that was remotely useful advice. "We don't want to appear occupied on anything." And with that, Magnus would await Nyx to follow before strutting of down the hallway toward the throne room.

Perhaps the most notable feature of the throne room was the vast battle table that stood in its center. Usually, all manners of court members would be crowded around the table, slaking the unit pieces across the illustrated territories. Today, however, the throne room was utterly empty save for the King and his confidant guards. The King was seated upon his raised throne, eyes still on the battle table as Nyx and Magnus entered.

"Ah, at last." The King said simply, propping up his chin on a fist as he leaned back in his throne. "It's unusal for me not to find you two at opposite ends of my palace. Tell me, what exactly were you two discussing in my sorcerer's chamber?" Evidently the King was addressing Nyx, since he merely raised a hand when Magnus opened his mouth to answer.

With the vague idea od how exactly the elf would join them on such a trip, there was an unsettling nervousness in her belly that briefly went away when Magnus gave her a little head pat. If anyone was looking, she would seem a bit too happy to have such contact. "Take care..." She says, waving them off slowly. By the next moment, So'ralias becomes very familiar with the closet.

Nyx gave Magnus a small look of 'oh please', "I'm always stressed, Magnus." He tells him with a tone of amusement. It was funny to him because it wasn't far from the truth. He joined his sorcerer companion to meet up with the king, his green eyes skimming over the room causally. Of course the guards were here, the king was too afraid to be left without at least one. His eyes drift back to the king, then the table. 'He is going to war?' The advisor ponders. Before he can really look at it, the King adresses him.

"Ah. We were discussing new ways to improve your chamber security, your majesty." Nyx lies far too easily for his own good. "Magnus was explaining to me some plans but all are fruitless, as we had already done most of them." He says. His posture, since day one, has improved greatly. But the advisor really wish he didn't feel like he had such a stick up his arse all the time. "We can speak with you further on it later," He tells the king, "What was it that you needed us for, your majesty?" Continuing, peering towards the king as if genuinely curious and concerned. "Does something trouble you?"

The King assessed Nyx for a moment before seemingly losing interest and moving on. "Yes, I suppose you could say that." He waved a hand toward the massive war table. "Our potential allies in the South are hesitant to aid us in the invasion of the Elven Realm. Clearly all this talk of liberalism has softened their resolve, and they refuse to meet with me to discuss the matter at all." The King drummed his fingers on the arm of his throne. "Rather than spending time and resources ransacking the Southern Kingdom for treason, I have deigned to appoint you two to talk some sense into those imbeciles before they cost me a war."

After a brief moment, the King turned to Magnus. "I recall that you have informed me of a invention of yours. A long-ranged teleporter, was it? I'd like this matter resolved while my army is still assembled."
Magnus nodded tightly. He had, in fact, created such a device - though hadn't mentioned that he was still working on the portion of the device that would take the user to a place they actually wanted to go.

"That's all. Deal with this matter as you see fit, as long as the South is willing to co-operate by the end of it." The King leaned back by way of dismissal, reabsorbing himself in the war table. Magnus bowed low and promptly strode from the throne room.

As soon as he was in the hallway, he muttered to Nyx. "If the King's just sending us two, we should be able to sneak So'ralias out as well." Getting the elf out of the Royal Palace seemed like a good idea in any sense.

The advisor would've rolled his eyes had it been someone other than the king to dismiss him so rudely. The man is such a chore to work for- but if not him, it would be death. Ruthless ruler he is. Nyx gave a bow along with Magnus and joined him in the walk back. His green eyes were swirling with thoughts. "Mm, but we should take into consideration that So'ralias is a dark elf, not a surface elf." He says to Magnus. "Dark elves, maybe a million years ago, defected against their god to the one they called Lloth. She is an evil thing, and many fear dark elves to this day due to their prominent cruelty." He seems somber at the thought of being so alone in the world just by the fact you are from something that happener many years ago.

"We'll have to be careful, Magnus." Nyx looks to him with a look of worry. "You've gotten yourself into quite a mess, but I'm with you to the end." The advisor has a sense of conviction in his words, providing bit of reassurance that things just might work out for them. Upon reaching Magnus room, Nyx checked around casually before he opened the door. And there they see So'ralias sitting on the floor and eating Magnus' breakfast. "Ahem." Nyx clears his throat, causing the elven woman to jump in her spot and look at the door with panicked eyes. "Gods, don't scare me!" She huffs, though she simmers down when she gets a look from both men. "You wouldn't have to worry about being surprised if you werent doing somthing so risky." Nyx crosses his arms. "And eating your mentors food like that..." He sighs.

So'ralias opened her mouth to say something but decided against it, looking at Magnus with a slightly fearful look. "Please dont be mad, sir..." She pleads softly. She knows it was such a risk, but she hasnt eaten since two days ago. She wasn't taking care of herself very well because of some issues back at home. Her ears are drooped and her eyes are down cast, ready to hear some yelling from her teacher.

"Mad? No- I'm not mad." Magnus waved a hand in the air. "I'm immortal, food is practically a luxury at this point. Still, you shouldn't have been sitting in the middle of the room like that. Anyone walking in could have caught you." His reprimand was cut short by rising guilt that overcame him as So'ralais regarded him so fearfully. "...Ah, nevermind. It's not like it matters now, we'll be leaving soon. The King, in his infinite wisdom, has decided to send Nyx and I to the Southern Kingdom, and you'll be joining us."

Magnus strode over to a wardrobe, from which he produced an unusual-looking quadrat. "This is the teleporter the King was talking about." He told Nyx, dropping the square frame onto the floor. "It's still in... uh, testing phase." With the edge of his shoe, Magnus slightly rotated the square by a few degrees. "There we go." The Sorcerer declared, as if the moving of the square had somehow fixed any prior issues. "Where was I? Ah yes, testing phase. As long as-"

Unfortunately Magnus managed to trip over his own cloak as he turned around, which promptly set him stumbling a step onto the quadrat. He vanished instantly.

-[100 miles South of the palace]-

"-you step onto the..." Magnus drifted off, realising that he was suddenly in a very different environment than he had been just moments before. For one, there were trees. And it was considerably warmer. "...So'ralias? Nyx?" He whirled around a few times before it slowly dawned on him what happened.

"Oh."

A soft sigh of relief left So'ralias but she nodded with slightly embarrassment. Eating out in the open was super risky. "I am going with you?" So'ralias asks, looking at her mentor. "Yes. Its important you come." Nyx responds without an explaination. "Why?" The elf asks, wanting clarification. Nyx doesnt answer since his attention was brought to the strange device Magnus pulled out. "A teleporter?" He muses aloud. The elven woman tilts her head as she watches her mentor. She has seen many of these things in her school but they are kept under surveillance and meant only for upper class students. For this device, nothing was different aside from the way it worked, which was most likely because of the change of magical flow. Since its faster and all that.

Upon Magnus snagging his foot onto his cape, both Nyx and her went wide eyed, and she reached for him. "Magnus!" She shouts. But he's already gone. The advisor holds So'ralias so she wouldn't trip over onto the device and meet the same fate as her mentor. She held onto him and keep staring at the teleportee. "Oh gods, where did he go?" The wizard questioned aloud, voice high with panic. The human slowly loosened his hold on So'ralias and sighed, "the device moved a little when he tripped onto it..." He says. It shifted a little, and he didnt understand why Magnus was so particular with how it was positioned. "Does this mean it changed it's destination?" He asks the elf. She looks at him and bites her lip a little before answering. "Ah... Well. Where I'm from, magic is less chaotic and pretty flexible since its not so unpredictable. A slight change anywhere means it could... change many things." She explains nervously. "I am not sure if moving it back would help- but we can try." The woman swiftly moves it back to where the teleporter was and looked to Nyx. "Are you ready?" She asks, offering a nervous smile. The advisor looked between her and the device, but gave a nod. "Going to have to be, im afraid." He jokes lightly. Much to his delight, So'ralias laughed at his humor. Light and delicate.

The elven woman stood up and took hold of Nyx hand, which made him shoot a questioning look. "We go together. Its better we are when we reach the outside." She explains off handedly. "Alright then." He replies, giving her hand a light squeeze. So'ralias implores to the gods that they reach the same destination as her mentor. She gives a look to Nyx who returns it. They nod and both step on the teleporter.

The initial jump made Soralias hold onto Nyx's hand tighter and feel as if shes being thrown under water 500 ft then back all in one second. It only took a moment for the feeling to be replaced by one as if they're falling. "Ah-?" She looks down and out turns out they are. She screams just before the magic from the teleporter leaves her and leaves her and Nyx tangible, and she sees her mentor look up. "Magnus!" She calls out just before she and Nyx crashed onto him. Both of them groan, but Nyx fell onto the ground rather that Magnus. So'ralias fall was cushioned by her mentors body and she laid there with aches in her arms and chest.

"Ow..." She whines, sitting up first as she holds her chest. "You're a lot harder than a table..." The wizards comments, not aware of the provocative position shes in. Nyx gets up next, his hair and front clothing covered in dirt and grass. He coughs, groaning as it hurt his chest. "So much for a smooth trip." He huffs, looking over to Magnus and So'ralias. "I see you two got rather comfortable already." He jabs at them, making the woman tilt her head. "What do you mean?" She asks. "Nothing." Nyx grins, snickering under his breath. So'ralias gives a questioning stare to Nyx befoee looking at Magnus. "Are you alright?" She asks, "You really scared us when you just disappeared!"

./ im. So sorry i went with the cliche :')

In one moment, Magnus was frantically wondering how he would find his companions - and in the next, they just landed on top of him.

The Royal Sorcerer groaned as So'ralias shifted over his stomach. Through the daze, he managed to make out a comment about being harder than a table.
"First my dining room table... and now my spine. Tell me... is there anything else you plan to teleport on top of and break?" Magnus wheezed, shuffling his elbows under his back. He managed to prop himself up a little, though his movement was somewhat limited by the elf on top of him.

Something Nyx said suddenly made Magnus feel rather self conscious, and the sorcerer quickly averted his eyes from his apprentice. "-Me? Fine- yes, I'm fine. The teleporting thing was all part of the plan." Magnus quickly attempted to writhe out of the suggestive position he'd found himself in, though all he really managed to achieve was inadvertently shaking So'ralias off-balance, which would promptly have her topple over him. Ditching any attempt to be subtle, Magnus swallowed his embarrassment and wrapped an arm around So'ralias and guided her to her feet as he managed to stand up. "Ah, uh- sorry about that."

Magnus awkwardly unlatched his arm from his apprentice and swiftly whirled back around. "Well I suppose things could have been smoother, but on the bright side, we just covered two-days worth of ground in an instant." He surveyed the autumn-lain forest around them. "Relatively speaking, the trip was painless. Well... sort of."
There didn't seem to be a sign of the kingdom in the immediate vicinity, and Magnus suspected they were still a good distance off. He made a mental note to find a better way of marking a teleport location than painstakingly poking a square into the right position.

"If we keep heading South," Magnus surveyed the position of the rising sun. "Then we should be out of this forest pretty soon, and once we're in a clearing the palace should be easy to spot. We should get moving now, before any shenanigans-"

Whatever Magnus was going to say was cut off by the presence of a number of hooded figures with bows that popped out of the surrounding bushes and trained their arrows on the trio. Then even more dropped down from the trees. In moments, it became apparent that every inch of foliage was apparently home to some forest warrior, since they just kept appearing from everywhere. One jumped out from a tree trunk with a carved-out door. Another rustled out from a hole in the ground covered by leaves. Then some who apparently didn't have a hiding place just jogged into view.

Pretty soon Magnus, Nyx, and So'ralias were surrounded.

"Huzzah!" One of the green-robed warriors proclaimed, raising a rapier about the width of a toothpick. "Your money or your life!"

"Sorry..." So'ralias sheepishly laughs at Magnus response, embarrassed she keeps teleporting in awful places. She checks him over but he moves and causes her to shift forward, making her hold onto his shoulders and lean onto the ground a little with her other hand. "Sorry-" she apologized again before promptly being held and picked up. Either she was really light or her mentor was really strong. The later thought made her face slightly warmer as her mind wandered to how Magnus looked under all his robing. She adverts her eyes as she inwardly screams at how inappropriately she is imagining her mentor. 'He might be centuries oldee than you, calm down!' She screams mentally.

Nyx raises an eyebrow to the two, obviously amused by the awkward display by the smirk on his face. "Charming." He sarcastically praised Magnus for his gentlemanly attempts to be calm. He dusted himself off and looked elsewhere after a moment or two of savoring the sorcerers embarrassment. He hadnt come down to the southern kingdom in quite some time, but the climate is definitely different here. Its like a comfortable vacation he needed - except hes not alone like he wished to be. 'Some day, Nyx. Some day.' He reassures himself. His obnoxious friend ceased talking when an whole army had shown that they surrounded them. So'ralias immediately steps closer to them, looking around frantically like him. "Bandits." Nyx says, a hand resting on the elfs shoulder to keep her calm. This isnt the first time for either of the two males. It came with being a royal, and sometimes they were more bold on the open road than out in the middle of fucking nowhere.

Though the leader was clearly ridiculous and almost as boisterous as Magnus (when hes in his usual mood), the weapons pointed at them made him a bit unnerved. "Are these the type to leave by just a couple of coins?" Nyx asks Magnus casually. "I'd prerer if we kept this quiet." He adds. On his waist had a coin bag that only had roughly 12 gold coins, but he didn't want to waste his money on some measly bandits. So'ralias glanced around nervously but since the advisor comforts her and keeps a mild tone, it helped her relax a little. She never been in this situation before. She doesnt have any coin on her since she didnt carry it - but if she's in a different realm, her money might not be useful here. Ah, how troublesome is she just by being here!

"Hand over your gold and you shall live." The apparent bandit leader eyed Nyx. "Think of it as a traveler's tax. Now-"

"Gold?" Magnus sputtered incredulously, swerving to address the bandit leader. "Do you know who I am?"

A few bushmen exchanged glances. The leader squinted as he looked Magnus up and down. "No. Look, just-"

"I AM MAGNUS THE IMMORTAL, I HAVE WALKED THIS EARTH FOR OVER A CENTURY, AND I SHALL NOT BE SHAKEN DOWN BY wait a minute where's my wand."
Magnus patted his all-over his robe, but his pockets were void of his casting wand. Meanwhile, the bandit leader nodded firmly to the archers behind him. In moments, arrows were ripping through the air toward the trio.

Each arrow came to an abrupt halt mid-air, however, as Magnus merely held up one hand while he continued to scrounge around his robe with the other. "Hold on I'm sure I had it here somewhere..." Gapes and widened eyes overcame the swarm of bandits, and Magnus looked up suddenly as he remembered that he'd left his wand on the dresser back in his chambers. He supposed asking Nyx to walk back and fetch it for him was out of the question.
"Ah, well,
BEHOLD THE GRAND WIZARD SO'RALIAS!" Magnus thrust a hand in the direction of his apprentice. "WHO SHALL ALSO NOT BE SHAKEN DOWN BY RUFFIANS! A MERE FLICK OF HER WAND WILL HAVE YOUR ENTIRE ILK REDUCED TO ASH!"

The bandits, taken aback by Magnus display of power, all turned fearfully to So'ralias.

Nyx gave a glare to the bandit leader and was about to say something when Magnus spoke up - loudly, as usual. It certainly cuaght everyones attention. So'ralias winces slightly at the volume but gives a confused stare at him, along with Nyx, as he says 'wheres my wand'. Sorcerers dont need wands! Nyx didnt flinch at the arrows being fired at them, but the elf was in horror of the situation until her mentor just proves the extent of his power yet again. Shes left in awe and is dumb founded by the way he presents a wand to her.

'Oh.' she thinks. 'Oh no.' She takes the wand reluctantly and gives a scared glance to Magnus through a tight lip smile and faced the bandits who were now all staring at her like she was an actual threat. The advisor looked at Magnus but descided to play along. He doesn't know why the elven woman tensed up upon seeing the wand but he casually leaned to her ear and said loudly enough for most of the vandits to hear. "Now dont kill them, we're on important business here." He says, giving her a reassuring squeeze on her shoulder.

Now, if it werent for So'ralias messing up the spells and such, she is actually quite knowledgeable of many spells. Even those above what she can withstand are all etched into her memory. She muses to herself on a spell that doesn't require so much verbal incantations and more motion. She looks at the bandit leader and points her wand to him. "Fen ma," She moves the same in shape of a circle and draws mana in shape of a magical circle. "Et har'rval." Three other smaller magic circles rotated around the larger one, and from the ground, the same pattern gleams and the earth rumbles beneath the leader and a few that were within the radius. Through the panic, the leader and whoever were unable to run out of the area were grabbed by vines and branches, curling around them until most of their body were covered by strong foliage. Normally a spell like this would be slower, but this worked relatively fast even if the bandits felt the rumbling, which is very odd.

Nyx was quite surprised, just as much as the one who casted it. "You have 24 hours to dig your friends out before they become food for the next generation of trees." So'ralias says as boldly as she could manage. She looks to the bandits behind them. "Well? Hurry up or I'll turn you into lesser beasts -" She rushes the others to try to get their friends and leader out. Her hand was gripping the wand so hard that it was surprising that she didnt snap it in half. The advisor looks to So'ralias who begins to tug the two away from the bandits, "They wont be able to cut those branchs for a while - they dont even have magical weapons." The wizard mumbles, showing that she was quite perceptive. Nyx raised an eyebrow at this but said nothing since So'ralias stopped suddenly and looked at Magnus with teary eyes, Cleary distressed.

"How could you do that! I-I told you i am not good with spells! I could've- harmed you or had a spell back fire and - and as capable as you are on your own, Magnus, i dont think you can heal or bring Nyx back to life!" She exclaimed through shaky words and exasperated breaths. "To be perfectly honest i dont even know of those bandits are still alive!" The wizard wearily says, more tears forming and streaking down her face. Shes so gripped with horror at the thought of killing someone on accident that she ceases talking and turns away from the two. "By the gods... Calm down." So'ralias mutters to herself. Nyx, who was on stand by like usual was glancing between his sorcerer friend and the elven wizard, piecing together the whole story. "So'ralias, if i may say something..." He starts slowly, seeking some sort of confirmation. "What is it...?" She murmurs, sniffling and rubbing her face with her sleeve. She kept her bsck turned. "While as dangerous as the situation was to have you display your potentional, you performed very well. You were under a lot of pressure and still you maintained your cool and did a less damage than what this magical idiot would do." He says to her, and a little snort rised from the elf. She slowly turns her head to face the two. Her ears were dropped still, but she looked less broken up. "But what if... I killed them?" She questioned, looking more to Magnus. "Did I?" She pushes, putting her mentor on the spot.

./wheeze ; i love Magnus.

"I reject the title magical idiot." Magnus folded his arms, surveying the rather impressive assortment of tangled bandits before him. Earth elemental spells were notoriously slow-working, yet So'ralias had twigged-up a whole crew of highway men in a matter of seconds. An impressive feat for a novice wizard, indeed. What Magnus had not been anticipating, however, was for So'ralias to actually cast a spell when she drew the wand. Not even Magnus knew how to use a wand, he just thought that waving one around made casting his sorcery spells look cooler.

Yet here he was, surrounded by quite literal tree bandits, with his apprentice welling with tears.

Nyx had given his comforting words, but it was clear that So'ralias was still upset. It took a little effort on Magnus' part to meet those eyes as he tried his best to sound reassuring. "Nyx is right, your magical abilities once again confound the limits that someone of your experience should have. Not to mention, you just saved our lives and Nyx's gold purse." The Royal Sorcerer jerked a thumb toward the frantic array of wooden bandits. "I think you taught those swindlers a lesson, too. Maybe next time they'll think twice before lifting coin from a traveler." He squinted at the band of Merry Men as the ones who could still move attempted to free their friends from the snake-like grasp of the summoned plants. "And you managed to do it without harming any of them, it seems. That's no short amount of precision."

Magnus clapped a hand on his apprentice's shoulder before striding off into the forest. "Anyway, on with the expedition!" He proclaimed, leaving the confused and mortified wrap of bandits behind him without so much of a backward glance.

Pretty soon another conveniently-inconvenient obstacle presented itself, in the form of girthy mountain rapids that spanned right across the path that was supposed to lead out of the forest. At its midpoint, the water it was perhaps waist-deep, and the current surged over a number of treacherous-looking rocks. Magnus supposed this was the source of the sound of roaring water he'd heard on the way over. "Fear not!" He exclaimed, outstretching a hand and trying not to imagine how much cooler he would have looked if he had brought his stick wand with him, and the water turned to ice.

Well, part of it did anyway, and the ice-pathway just got whisked downstream by the current the same moment it had been conjured.

"Welp, I'm out of ideas." Magnus threw up his hands and perched himself on a nearby boulder.

"Well, I didn't ask you if you approved or not." Nyx replies to Magnus with a shrug. The interaction had the elven wizard grinning a bit more, enjoying their attitude towards eachother. Theres a small huff that comes out from So'ralias, accepting the praise from her mentor. "Alright." She chimes, following the two. Both the advisor and wizard look to Magnus, though with different expressions. Nyx had one of expectations, while So'ralias was beaming at him to see what he has planned for this.

The anticipation turned into mild disappointment and questioning stares. Nyx squinted at his friend, knowing that he just can't be this much of an idiot. But he then turns to So'ralias, who looks a bit confused on the poor performance her mentor just displayed. The human cant help but laugh at this, "Well, So'ralias?" He motions to their issue. The elven woman perked up and looked at Nyx snd then to Magnus, who was sitting down as if he had done all he could. "But, Master surely knows many other spells aside from an ice simple pell-" She urges her mentor with a tilt of her head. "I dont... Think i can make anything this time." The wizard says, rubbing her arm to soothe herself. She looks up and down the riverway, seeking a sort of bridge or some other means of crossing over. Nothing. The elfs ears drooped in mild annoyance and disappointment. "Hmph." She huffs while looking back at Magnus. "Come on, i know you can do something about this!"

In truth, she didn't want to risk harming the only people in this realm that is willing to help her out. If she messed up, she could send them winding down the river and possibly get injured horribly. The very thought of it made her shift nervously.

Magnus exhaled heavily as he stood. "I suppose I could try a different approach." He mused as if he didn't already have another idea, which became realized as he idly drew circles in the air with a finger. Upon completion, the pattern he had traced burst into existence in the form of an intricate floating gold ring, which flew into the boulder he had been sitting on top of. With an unusual crunching noise, the boulder tore itself into neat rectangular panels, each of which floated over the rapids to form a set of steps.

"Another river defeated by Magnus." The sorcerer declared, stepping onto the first stone. Despite the fact that each step was hovering in mid air, they remained rigid under his weight. He motioned for the other two to wait until he'd made it to the other side. Once he cleared the stretch of the rapids, Magnus gave the all clear.

In the time it would take for So'ralias and Nyx to join him on the other bank, however, a familiar figure was fast approaching the side that they'd just left. Magnus had to squint, but he could just about make out the discount Robin Hood that had tried to mug them just moments before. One arm was still wrapped in a winding branch while the other was clutching a rapier. Magnus decided it'd probably be a good idea to dissipate the stone bridge he summoned, and the steps promptly plopped into the rapids once Magnus ensured that So'ralias and Nyx were safely over.

The bandit leader who had been a few steps over, also dropped into the river. After frantically splashing and spluttering, he washed up on the riverbank wherein he was hauled up by two other bandits who had run after him.

"So'ralias!" The soaked bandit leader boomed from the other side of the river, and Magnus suddenly began considering whether announcing the elf's name earlier was perhaps a bad idea. "You will pay for crossing me and my men! Remember my name! Ezio! Eziooooooooo!" The shouting became incomprehensible as the man whose name Magnus had already forgotten was dragged back off into the forest by his cohorts.

"I... wouldn't worry too much about that." Magnus tried to reassure So'ralias. "I'm sure scurvy is a bigger threat to them than we are."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back