• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom [OOC] Gothamites

Sir Les Paul

The Duke of Chords
Supporter
Residents of Interest:

@Archon (James Gordon IV)

@Sopranos (Hachiman, James Pearson)

@ChazGhost (NeoShade, Drake Swift)

@LokiofSP (Red Hood, Fredrick Todd)

@AceofRoses (Thorn, Luke Isley)

@Crono (Condor, Brian Hall)

@The Regal Rper (Owl, Alphus Durn)

You are my current list of inhabitants of Gotham. As the Mayor of Gotham, I decided to great an OOC post just for us. Honestly, I just don't want to have to tag you for city-wide events or PM you all constantly when I can do it all in one place. The Activity Check-In would have worked for this, but I've been waiting for an excuse to use Gothamites for a long time and I feel like I tend to be the most interactive with those in my group (admittedly, Ace has been waiting forever to play; sorry, bud), so I decided to make one all my own. Not like the others can't, either.

Anyway, main point here is to catch everyone up outside of PM's!

A handful of you know what is going on, some of you don't, so let's get everyone up to speed:

• A two-week timeskip for Bludhaven is occurring that will put NoOne and NeoShade in Gotham roughly 2-3 days in later of the RP in its current time.
  • The timeline in Gotham will remain as it is. Condor and Owl will pair up and become the new "heroes" overlooking the city.
  • With a hero duo prepared, I can get to work with Poison Ivy to get them to work on teamwork and really get Thorn going.
  • The Gentlemen Ghost is still a wildcard and seems to honestly just be stirring up sh!t at the moment, so I'll let that fester until Bone pulls me in or I find an opening.
  • Drake and Marcel will catch up with Freddy in his new disguise, surprise him, and propose to him to join their anti-hero trio.

That's it! That is an insanely condensed list of points, but that is because I've been plotting behind the scenes in PM's to get to this point so it would be simple. We'll have heroes, villains, anti-heroes all in the forms of player-characters and of course my own mechanisms to keep our plot going! What more could we ask for?

It's been a long time coming, guys. Hopefully this weekend or early next week, I'll have the time-skip posted that will effectively catch everything up and straighten out Bludhaven while transitioning things in Gotham. This is the first step in my grand plans/plots coming to fruition! I'm excited and I hope you guys are, too.

This thread will continuously act as a hub for Gotham activity. Think of it as a combination of city-specific announcements and an activity-check in.

Drop any questions or concerns you have below!

Last edited:
I'm just studying for exams made by federal boards... lol I feel your pain, bud. I don't have to write anything major, but the content here is stupidly specific. Ever hear of a test that gives you a handful of answers and asks which one is the best? My exam on Friday is 145 questions of that with some questions that have 5 answers all worded nearly identically and I have to determine which by the wording is correct to the 16-17 codes. And, then there's the whole Select All That Applies questions, which is the last 45 questions of the test. Some of those won't be bad, but some of them will be like splitting hairs if they're anything like the practice tests I've been doing. The difference between choosing acceptable practice and best practice is absurd.

Anyway, back on topic, I've been avoiding touching Poison Ivy until Owl and Condor were established. 

@Sir Les Paul - I figured that was more or less the plan. Or you would eventually message me asking where the hell I was.

I'll take defending my research on genes related to alcohol breakdown although I wish you the best of luck with the self torture you have chosen.

There are several overhead maps of Gotham floating around the Internet; I think it might be nice to have one here in order to mark important locations.  That way we'd all know just where everyone is operating from & how close we are to one another.

I agree, I think having a map of gotham will be helpful to know were some locations are compared to other locations.

Sorry for doing nothing for the last few days, my laptop has been broken for a week. I was going to ask you about Hachiman, do you have any plan for him at the moment ?

@Sir Les Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
First and foremost, I will not be providing a true overhead map of Gotham. The reason being my layout of Gotham is stratified differently than virtually any other. It is highly futuristic with roughly four "tiers" to it - quite literally, an overhead view is impossible. I do apologize for this, but it is a core theme of the city. For references to how it may look, some stills from Batman Beyond may help you. For a true map, however, I have nothing that accurately helps. If it is an absolute necessity, I may find the resources to make a 3D map, but as of now, I do not have one. 

My suggestion would be to post locations here as we make them and I can add them to the OP of Gotham for us to use. That way, at the very least, we could keep up with specific locations. I will note that I am slightly opposed to a true map as I like the flexibility of the unknown. 

Secondly, Hachiman is as much a wildcard as Gentlemen Ghost right now. I haven't fit him in anyway yet. But, as more things become established, that will resolve itself 

I'll get to posting eventually... I'm presently recovering from a hangover. 

I've also somewhat rethought the idea of a map. While I cannot 'tier' it out, I might be able to search up something that would at the very least give a rough geographical outline of the city - similar to the map I found for Bludhaven. It won't be detailed, specific or entirely accurate, but for those visual folks out there, it might aid immersion for Gotham.

Alright, so for the basic geography of the city at its 'base' level, I've chosen this reference: Click Here

Edit: For some reason, it doesn't display when inserted.

It gets big when you use the link. It's also plenty detailed. It would, however, only be good for the "base" level of Gotham and its streets. Once it gets to the stratified tiers and underground, this map is significantly less useful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, gents, after a weekend basically full of celebrating passing my boards (which I did at the 89th percentile), I had some fun. Thought I had a hangover from said fun. Turns out, I actually have the flu. On antibiotics now, but I feel like hell. Probably the dehydration from the hangover plus the flu itself. Sidenote, I hate those little swabs they do to test for the flu. Anyway, considering the light itself from my laptop or desktop causes burning pain like the dry barren dunes of the Sahara on the soft flesh of a seal pup, I'm going to be posting slow for a bit. It also explains my relatively slow posting for the past few days.

Bright side: I'm half-way to getting in my vocation.

Update on my situation: In addition to the flu, it turns out I'm allergic to long-haired cats. I've been around short-haired cats, like Bengals, forever. Reason this is important: I'm currently residing at a friend's whom I was staying with while out of town for testing, and they have these cats... and I'm half-dying due to it. Doc said the allergic response is also slowing down fighting off the flu, so go figure.

Anyway, I have read most of the posts, but haven't found the clearheaded time to actually formulate proper responses. My apologies. *sniffle*

@ChazGhost You seem to just be solo until the night scene with Freddy and Marcel.

@The Regal Rper @Crono I personally can't think of anything to add from Tim, so if you want to jump to the park to meet Troubadour or work on your transition, I believe that's the way to go.

Alright, Gothamites! I have added a "Geography" section to Gotham... it's lengthy, but in my opinion does a good job of describing what I mean by the overview of the city.

@Crono @The Regal Rper it's basically between you two until you get back to Tim. 

On a side note, Brian didn't necessarily hit a nerve. Troubadour did it to himself. By offering to help,  he made himself unbiased and that caused his spiritual spike up to remind him that he is supposed to be impartial. I know that you were just doing that through the eyes of your characters,  but that is the background  behind his little meltdown. 

I just replied to effectively everyone and sent on PM to others. I'm a wee bit drained. lol Weather conditions got me out of work, so I caught up here.

@The Regal Rper @Crono Do you two want to continue on as you are? If so, I can just PM one of you some details as for where the Atlantean is and you can transition to finding him.

@LokiofSP Where you been, broski? Kind'a your go in Gotham.

Crono Crono The Regal Rper The Regal Rper By the looks of it, you two can squeeze in another set of posts before I need to reply. I'm going to go ahead and do that in this case since you aren't even there yet. This also gives Archon Archon a chance to join in with James.

ChazGhost ChazGhost Loony_Bin Loony_Bin That last post with Marcel is the build-up to what I'm considering our first 'arc' with the Shadows of Gotham (nex James). I call it Assault in Amadeus. Btw, little history on the name, Amadeus Arkham was one of the original brothers that were factors in the creation of Arkham itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back