Gotham City

Joker

"What's wrong, Harv? Can't handle a bit of fun, eh? What's a real party without some spilled blood!" he laughed dirtily. "Oh, I gotta say kiddo..Seems like Batman teached you actually something useful besides busting nuts and breaking bones!" he cackled as he saw the boy pulling out his guns and ducked quickly. "Where's Daddy Bats anyway, hm? So eager to get rid of you a second time, eh?" he questioned "Now, I do approve of his parenting methods!" he laughed just before he saw the grenade flying into their booth. He let out an annoyed growl grabbing Harley around the waist to pull her out in time before they both ended up as toast. The right side of his face was briefly hit by the explosion, not fully burning the skin but leaving a clear imprint. Feeling the slight sting on his face, his laughter only grew louder and more menacing. "Ohhh careful with the explosives little boy! Now what was that anyway? A firecracker?" he said, shaking his head slightly and reached into his side pocket. "Why don't you show 'em how it's done pooh." he whispered to Harley, handing her one of his special bomb with a small jester printed on. SMILEX! "Need something to lighten the mood bat brats?"

@HarleyPuddin @DiamondJack @ManyFaces @MainEventMan

Poison Ivy.png

The gun fire was a bit nerve-wracking, but it only made Ivy want to think quicker.  With the sewer running underneath the club building, it would be nigh impossible to grow roots from the tiny trees outside to hold the Bat kids down.  That, and she didn't want to have to subject them to the gunfire.  Still, there had to be something she could do.  She decided to use the trees to take a look outside.  Of course, the Bat was no where to be seen, but, the park down the block was promising.  With a medium sized tree fixated in the small alcove, it wasn't the best, but it would have to do. 

And that was when the flash bang hit.  Though she was able to jump out in time, but she yelled in pain as she felt a burning pain going up her leg. Dammit.  The flash bomb definitely did it's job as it filled her senses.  Her ears rang as she tried to see through the smoke.  She looked across the room opposite of her, making out Harley and the Joker.  He pulled something out of his pocket and gave it to Harley.  Unless Ivy was mistaken, that was probably a canister of Joker Venom, though she wasn't 100% sure, still she focused back on the tree while also controlling her ivy vines so that they snaked towards the bat kids, wrapping around their feet and up their legs.

@DiamondJack @DiscoQuinn @HarleyPuddin

Last edited by a moderator:

Batgirl

Barbara fought through what what felt like waves and waves of goons, luckily for her these few were not armed with guns. Although she could hear shots through the still booming music, for once she was glad to hear the terrible music. To her dismay she could still hear the Clown Prince of Crime hurling his 'jokes' towards them, through the crowd she noticed him pointed a gun towards them. It was a image that haunted her dreams night after night, at least for now she was further enough away from him. She'd had to pull a good poker face when she got closer to the scum.
After knocking some burly henchmen out she looked towards Jason about to say something, when she witnessed him shoot a man in the face. 'Dammit Jason!' Hardly turning around she knocked out an unsuspecting thug with all her force, in anger. She'd have to grill him about that one later, no one was supposed to die. Babs watched as Jason threw out what she assumed to be a flash bang towards the crowd of villains, looking away as it went off. The white noise somewhat lingering in her ear, she made her way to his side, ready for anything. Trying to keep out a blank expression at Joker, if he sensed fear he'd be all over it. "Batman has better things to do doing." She said with a small smirk, even though it was a lie. Bruce should of been here ages ago, but it wasn't something to think about right now. As she watched the criminals carefully she didn't even noticed the vines creeping towards them, until it was too late.

Harley Quinn

Harley sipped her drink as she watched the batbabies fight the useless henchmen and wondered why they even hired these idiots. Although it was fun to watch, times like this you needed popcorn. Listening to the Jokes her Puddin told, she laughed and cackled along with him. Not even thinking to arm herself as she was having too much fun watching the firefight and listening to Joker. She didn't even notice what the Red Hood threw towards them until it was too late, luckily she was pulled out of the way letting out a yelp as they were thrown to the floor. Looking up she saw it was her Puddin that had saved her, of course he was! Always her hero! It seemed he had taken most of the blast also, as only he leg seemed to sting slightly. But she had no time to check as he shoved something in her hand, she winked to him and stood up again. Brushing herself down, she kept her hands behind her back and playfully stepped towards the two. Keeping a menacing grin on her face as she did so. "Ya know...I think this party really bombed down you?" Harley looked at the two of them before hurling the bomb at the both of them. "So lighten up will ya!" The vines had made their way Batgirls leg long enough for her to get caught in the blast even if she covered her mouth and nose with her cape. Harley laughed as she saw Batgirl feebly try and cover her face from the fumes, stepping back slightly so that one of them couldn't get their hands on her. People in the crowd began laughing one by one, as the smilex made its way towards them also.

@DiamondJack @DiscoQuinn @ByTheChesapeake @MainEventMan

Two-Face was ready to continue arguing with Joker, but he had more important things to worry about. Such as the Flash Bang that Red Hood tossed into the VIP booth. He barely had enough time to shield his face before the grenade exploded, he felt like his arms and legs were burning from taking the damage, and the disorientation from the sound had him seeing double. He staggered out of the booth, trying to shake off the effects of the grenade. It looked like Ivy had the duo under control for the time being, but as usual they'd find a way out. If the Smilex did it's job though they wouldn't be a problem. He decided to watch and see how this would go, if things took a turn for the worse he'd flip to see if he should stay and fight or make an attempt to flee.

@DiscoQuinn @HarleyPuddin @ByTheChesapeake @DiamondJack

Joker

"Ohh did it burn the other half of your face as well, buddy? Now what should people call you then? Destroys the whole duality" Joker laughed looking briefly over to Two-Face seeing him staggering out of the booth right after them, even though his face seemed to be still in "shape".  He patiently waited for Harley to play her part and throw the bomb, big mischievous smile spread on his features as he watched her throwing it right between the two bat brats. "Good one, pooh! Let's put a smile on their faces! Batsy raised them to look just as grim as he does, you know. Can't handle a good joke that one." he said watching ecstatically how the whole club was quickly turned into a laughing mass. "...Even though seeing you two infront of me must be the biggest joke he could come up with! Goes right through the spine you could say..." he cackled not missing out on the chance to pull another bad joke on their behalf. If he was lucky enough the smilex would just take care of them and he wouldn't even have to move a finger.

@HarleyPuddin @ManyFaces @DiamondJack@ByTheChesapeake

The Red Hood

Jason wasn't worried about the Ha Ha gas, his helmet could filter it for long enough for him to get out of the area, but his heart started racing when he realized he couldn't move. Ivy's vines had entangled his feet. What was worse was the fact Batgirl's face was exposed, he didn't know if she had a gas mask but it wouldn't do her much good if the gas was already in the air. Jason watched as Quinn tossed the canister of Smilex, he raised his gun and pulled a lucky shot and hit the grenade. The gas, most likely, would distribute between the villains and Jason and Barbara.

Jason whipped out his knife and quickly freed his boots. He then glanced at the crime lords. Time slowed as Jason weighed the options in his mind. On one hand he could attain his revenge and put the Joker out of his misery, risking the gas, or he could save his friend. "Fuck me," Jason said as he moved to Batgirl and cut her free. "We have to go!" Jason threw a smoke bomb and led Batgirl through the side door, shooting the bouncer in the knee on the way out.

"That was way too hot," said Jason as he arrived somewhere safe outside the club. Jason wanted to curse, he wanted to go back in there and fight every single one of those assholes, but even Jason wasn't going to risk his own life, let alone that of one of the few friends he still had, in a situation where he was out manned. "Leave it to Batsy to let me down again!" Jason yelled, "I missed my chance! We could've put the lot of those bastards away!" Jason slammed his fist on a nearby wall.

"Even if we did get the other half of our face burned we'd still look better than you." he growled bitterly. Two-Face shook his head, Joker had some pretty dark humor but he didn't even see the humor in bringing up how he crippled Barbara at one point. He wanted to see what Ivy was going to do to the captive bat brats. Unfortunately the Red Hood was quick on his feet and got free, taking Batgirl with him. He tried to get a few good shots at them as they left, but the smoke bomb made it hard to see, especially combined with the other fumes. "Well Joker, looks like Batman is a no show, nearly offed his sidekicks and he didn't turn up last second to save their skin." he said, genuinely wondering where Batman could be. Perhaps it was for the best The Dark Night was busy, it'd save him the pain of taking him on.

@DiscoQuinn @HarleyPuddin @ByTheChesapeake

Poison Ivy.png

Ivy winced as Red Hood cut himself and Batgirl out of her vines.  She just hopped that they'd forgive her for that.   She tried to have her vines continue to wrap themselves around the bat brats, but they were too slow.  There was one last smoke bomb, though this time she was hardly affected. She stood up and dusted herself off, and crossing her arms.  She mentally called to her plants and her ivy creeped back to her, defeated after Red Hood himself and Batgirl free.  "My poor babies..." she said.  "We won't let them get away with that.  I promise."  She pet the ivy,  looking despondent.  This look didn't last long though, as she turned to Dent, Harley, and the Joker.  "So, I don't know about the rest of you, but I've got a long night ahead of me," She commented, gathering the rest of her vines.  She'd give them ahead running start...

@ManyFaces @HarleyPuddin @DiscoQuinn

Joker

He chuckled at Two-Face's recentful remark. "You sure would Harv. The girls love themselves a guy that always smells like fried bacon." he laughed, just before he turned his head and saw Red Hood and Batgirl making a quick exit out of his club. Harvey was indeed right, there was no sign of Batman. It was particularly unusual for him to leave his brats uncovered. "Now what's it with you kids? No Daddy Bats hold your backs this time? You better run fast bat brats.. Frost get me my car, we are going on "bat-hunting" tonight!" he said with a growl. It partly angered him that Batman had just dumped his kids on his entrance and didn't even have the guts to make an appearance himself. Something was very off about this but if he didn't want to come out to play tonight he'd just have to settle for his two brats instead. He grabbed his golden machine gun from Frost and followed the leaf lady out. "They are mine, got it?" he told her, loading up his gun."  Before you strangle one of them with your vines, I'm gonna give them a not so clean head shot." he told her. "Now what are you looking at, idiots? The real game just started. All in for everyone who catches the first of the flying rodents!" he told the others with a smile, shooting off a couple bullets into the ceiling.

@ByTheChesapeake @ManyFaces @DiamondJack @HarleyPuddin @LoneSniper87

Batgirl

Bab's attempted to move out of the way of the incoming smilex, but quickly realised her movement was restricted. She raised her cape in front of her mouth and nose hoping to limit how much got into her system. Coughing she was about to find something on her belt to cut the wire when Jason helped to her to safety, she put her arm around his side as he guided her out. All the smoke and gunshots got to her a little bit and she was glad to be outside in the night air. Joker had called out more insults as they were on their way out mostly directed at her, of course. How she'd love to rip that smile of his face for good ! But she knew it wasn't right no matter how much she wanted it. Jason struggled with it more than her, she knew. She was thankful he choose to save her and not go after him, but not surprised. 

Batgirl took deep breaths as she rested against a wall making sure wasn't about to burst into laughter from that gas. Watching as Jason beat the wall she sighed. "This was all Batman's idea, something must of come up if he's not here." Standing straight again she tried to get through to Bruce again without any luck. "We still have a chance. Theres no way they won't follow us out here." They had to move, there was too many villains in there for them to just twiddle their thumbs and wait. "We can do this without Batman" She said even though she wasn't so sure, with all the guns that were sure to be involved. Barbara started walking down the alleyway looking for some place to hide and get the drop on the criminals.

Harley Quinn

It was too bad Red's plants got axed otherwise we would of had those two losers all ready. Harley ran back to Joker as the Red Hood shot the bomb she had thrown. It didn't need to have an affect on her to make her cackle at the situation, it was chaos! She laughed again at all his remarks towards the bat brats as they ran out of the door. Looking around at the last clubgoers running towards the doors, she wondered where Batsy could be hiding, there's no way he wasn't here. "Ooooh I love bacooon" she said in a sing song voice. As everyone bantered amongst themselves, Harls skipped her way back to the VIP booth to pick up her gun, forgetting that it wasn't loaded after all the commotion . After finding her gun under the table she waltz back over to everyone, apparently she had missed something in short time she was gone, because everyone was all about ready to march after the bat babies. She quickly caught back upto the Joker and walked beside him, just as he explained to everyone that the Bats were his. "Oooo I love a good mob!" She said with a giggle and a little clap. Those Batfreaks won't know what hit them. 

@DiscoQuinn@ByTheChesapeake@Arkham Asylum@ManyFaces@DiamondJack@LoneSniper87

"You two look like you could use a hand. Or a gardener", came the voice from within the shadows cast by the alley. Soon after, a man in a grey Italian suit, fedora, and overcoat stepped out. He was a little over six foot, decently built, and had no eyes, mouth, and only the shape of his nose visible on the completely smooth surface of his face. He appeared to be looking at them, but without being able to see his eyes it would be difficult to tell.

The man removed his right hand from his coat pocket and extended it out to either of them. "I had an idea you would be here", he stated, "Gordon wouldn't dream of leaving a gathering of the kings of Gotham unsupervised." Admittedly, he actually expected the Bat, but they didn't need to know that. Judging by the events that transpired inside, he suspected he may have been better off following up on his hunch as to Batman's identity.

BATMAN

Batman stared down at the group from a rooftop above. He attaché his grapple to the roof and jumps down with his cape open sliding down. Once he reaches the ground he recoils his grapple. "I have to say that I'm very disappointed in a majority of you. This was a test and one you failed quite miserably. I was watching the whole confrontation. Next time I won't be watching and if you get yourselves killed or worse cause you go in half cocked I won't be there to save you."

The Red Hood

Jason couldn't believe it. Not only did the faceless conspiracy theorist show up, but the goddamn Batman had decided to teach Jason a lesson the one time he agreed to help. Jason was within an inch of shooting someone. He had no words for just how much anger was coursing through him. Jason turned his back and walked down the alley, counting to ten out loud.

Still with his back turned The Red Hood spoke, "Listen. If you ever pull anything like this again Bats, you and I will have a problem." Jason turned around and took a few steps back towards the group, "But now that there's four of us we have a chance against all of those assholes in the club." Jason drew his guns, dropping the magazines on the ground and replacing them with fresh ones. 

"So, do we make the last stand in this alley, or do we lead these bastards on a goose chase?"

Catwoman

Out in the night Selina had been making her way along the rooftops of Gotham, headed to her planned evenings events; a prized collection of Egyptian artifacts had been brought in just two days ago to a private collection.  Being who she was, and occupying the employment that she did, it had drawn her curiosity.  During the light of day she'd made inquiries, of course the private collector was a dear friend of hers, another social elite, or rather his flirty wife.  The poor woman had split ever detail to Selina over a cup of cappuccino in a horribly over priced cafe in the West Village of Uptown.

Turned out the artifacts coming were not entirely legal, in fact some of them had been snugged into the country at a high cost to her husband.  This was more than ideal for Selina, items like this would not only go high on the black market, but the husband couldn't even turn to Gotham's Finest for help.  

She was nearly at her mark when she'd caught sight of the Bat standing on the rooftops surveying.  She kept herself hidden, for the time being, watching the events unfold in the alley below; looks like the whole Bat-gang was out, causing trouble for Joker and his friends.  A smile played across her lips, deciding to wait and see just where this was going to go.

Two-Face didn't exactly want to go out looking for trouble but he didn't want to look like a chicken either. "Let's see what the coin thinks? " he said, taking his silver dollar back out of his pocket. He threaded the coin between it's fingers and flipped it before catching it and looking at the results. He looked at the scarred side of his coin, before putting it back in his pocket. "The coin decided we'll get in on this action and help decrease the bat population in Gotham as well." he said, making sure to reload his guns. He knew he'd had a couple of his boys park for him. He tried to see where they'd went, when he finally found them he remembered why he hated being with Joker again. They went down back to back, smiles frozen on their faces and holes in their bodies, he wasn't heartless he could have them picked up later and buried somewhere. He decided to light a cigarette to clear his mind "What are the rules clown?" he asked Joker, knowing better than to go in one of his games blind, he didn't want that gun turned on him instead of the bat brats.

@DiscoQuinn @HarleyPuddin @ByTheChesapeake

The Joker 

"Rules? That's cute, Harvey!"  he spoke with a cackle. It was foolish to assume that he played by any rules other than his own and it was save to say that he didn't even respect those. He drew himself a line just to cross it and draw another one. "Now how about that: Shoot them or I'll shoot you! First one to get busted back into Arkham is a bad egg." he told him, with a vicious grin, loading up his gun and climbed into his Lambo.

"Come here, kiddo!" he said, harshly pulling Harley with him in the car before he started the engine and let it howl up loudly. "Need a ride Harvey? Too bad!" he called over to him just before the car speeded out of the alleyway with a maniac laugh and went straight after the bat brats, making sure a cloud of fumes hit Harvey right in the face. He drove the vehicle with such a speed, it was a wonder that he didn't lose control on the crowded streets. 

"Come out, come out wherever you are!" he snickered, noticing a yellow cape flickering on one of the buildings and vanishing in a dark alley. "There you are.... Now let's take care of this nasty problem. The bat probably already found two new school kids to replace them.." he marked and brought the car to an halt in a rather unobvious spot. 

He lurked around the corner just to gather the stunning sight of not just the two bat brats but the Dork Knight as well. " Oh jackpot, baby!" he whispered to Harley with a smile before he went straight into action and threw a smoke grenade right into the middle of them. 

@HarleyPuddin @ManyFaces @DiamondJack @Arkham Asylum

@ByTheChesapeake 

Robin

Damian leaped form rooftop to rooftop, a general idea of where he was going.  His father had told him the coordinates of the meeting place, but being halfway across town didn't help none too much.  If he was going to get there in time, he needed to be swift.  He ran quietly, his feet hardly making a sound, a skill from his assassin training that always seemed to come in handy.

He knew he was getting close when he saw a large man jump into the alleyway below.  Perfect.  He was almost there.  He continued to run, suddenly seeing another shape ahead of him, a much more feminine one.  If she blinked, she would have missed him.  That was when Damian seemed to suddenly appear in front of the shape, which he could now in confidence say was Selina Kyle, Catwoman.

"Cat." he stated, looking across the alley way at the woman directly in front of him.  "I don't remember father inviting you along."  His eyes squinted a the woman, unsure of what to make of the situation.  If his father had told her to come, it was the first he was hearing of it.  Maybe it was just complete coincidence, the best situation.

That was when the smoke grenade went off, and Damian's full attention was drawn back to the alleyway.  They were fortunate to have the bird's eye view of the situation.  The the smoke was starting to quickly envelope the ally, Damian got a glimpse of where it came from, the Joker and Harley Quinn.  He was sure his father and whoever else was down there could take those two clowns, but he knew to stay on the ready.  He would wait for the most opportune moment to strike.

@NanLia @Arkham Asylum @DiscoQuinn @HarleyPuddin @DiamondJack @Hell-Jumper

Question had been about to address the Bat when he heard something bounce into the alley way once, twice, three times, before he heard a popping followed by a hissing as smoke filled up the alley. He immediately drew his sidearm, glancing at the others, who would see a somewhat disturbing faceless man facing their direction if they were to look back. "Well, looks like we've got company", he commented before turning to the black clad vigilante, "It's your city. How do we do this?"

Question knew for a fact that normally he could easily dispatch whoever it was that threw the smoke grenade, but this was Gotham. There was no short of odd happenings here that could easily undermine his experience gathered in Hub City.

Catwoman

Selina was mildly surprised to hear her name; her affectionate name, being called by a child's voice.  It could only be one person referring to her as such and so a slow smile would play across her lips and she'd tilt her head in the direction it had come.  "BatBoy."  She'd remark, playfully, she'd not animosity for Robin himself, she knew she was neither viewed as a heroine or a villain by the Bat-Family; which had both it's advantages and draw-backs.   Her smile would widen greatly hearing Robin's comment about his father and this would draw her full attention.  "Oh, no no, dear boy.  You never need an invitation when you have the keys to the city, besides isn't it a little late for you to be-"

The loud bang from below echoed through the alley way, eyes would flash down to see the smoke billowing around the Bat-Family below, masking them from sight.  "Well that can't be good..."  She'd reach upwards and slide her googles over her face, infrared kicking allowing her to see the heat-signatures of those below.

Batman

Batman pulls a breathing device off his utility belt and puts it on over his cowl. He then shoots his grapple gun at the roof and launches himself upward but detaches the grapple and opens his cape gliding towards Harley and kicks her to the ground."This ends here Joker! I will send you and your band of misfits back to Arkham and I'll make sure you stay there if I have to crush every bone in your body." He throws a series of bats ranges at the remaining villains and throws an uppercut at Jokers face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back